The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

22 more days, gents.

I was thinking about that...then later, my GF explained to me that she wanted to be a "real gamer" and not just play The Sims 3 and point-and-click adventure games, lol.

So I got her playing Skyrim.

Now she plays for like 3 hours straight and ignores me. :(

I'm still trying to get her to play Borderlands but she's engrossed in Skyrim right now. So the plan kinda backfired, lol.

My wife does the same. She's had about four level 50+ characters in Skyrim. It's all she plays, and refuses to play anything else, lol. I tried to get to her play Oblivion and she did one quest and didn't like it. :confused:

My wife does the same. She's had about four level 50+ characters in Skyrim. It's all she plays, and refuses to play anything else, lol. I tried to get to her play Oblivion and she did one quest and didn't like it. :confused:

Yea... replace Skyrim with WOW and that describes the entire WOW playerbase that never really gamed before WOW.

At this point it's just about comfort. Ease her into other genres slowly.

Just letting you guys know I was able to get a refund on my digital prepurchase from anet with no problem about 2 days ago.

The game looks awesome and I'll probably re-buy it later but I'm just too busy with other stuff right now. Just thought I'd share.

I dont think Ive ever seen a company refuse to refund a pre-purchase as long as the game is not out yet and they havent delivered it to you they cant refuse a refund request. ( i think, have no proof to back this up :p ) Even steam refunds preorders if you request it.

I fortunally got out of WoW so I have a nice rpg/mmo void right now im saving for gw2, just been rocking TF2 and skyrim to pass time till guildwars comes out.

Thanks for the reminder, Blizzard.
original.png

I really wish this was up and running. DayZ is just annoying me... Can't stand to log into D3 at this point.

The lack of monthly is what got me ultimately. Funnily enough, I will likely end up spending some money on their gem store as well.

Okay i just pre-ordered the game and i cant wait! I got the Deluxe edition (or the middle $80 one). I have a question though, when i chose my character name (took forever to decide) and i got the 4 digit code, does that mean there are a ton of people w/ my name? I just hope i dont walk around with a 4-digit code on my name :( ....

I think that might be outdated. AFAIK it hasn't been reset in months, and pre-dates mesmer announcement. If it's newer than that, it might skill be quite a bit off as people got to test out Sylvari and Asura the latest patch and may have changed their minds.

It has aggregate data from a long time ago. If you want more recent data, there's a way to restrict the date range using the URl, I forget off the top of my head.

Okay i just pre-ordered the game and i cant wait! I got the Deluxe edition (or the middle $80 one). I have a question though, when i chose my character name (took forever to decide) and i got the 4 digit code, does that mean there are a ton of people w/ my name? I just hope i dont walk around with a 4-digit code on my name ....
That's your account name... not your character name.

It has aggregate data from a long time ago. If you want more recent data, there's a way to restrict the date range using the URl, I forget off the top of my head.

That's your account name... not your character name.

Oh okay cool. Why not just use the email to login then? Because of the forums? Now it all makes sense! :p

Hahah sorry sorry, long day

edit: So people will be able to see this name AS WELL AS our character name? Because the email from ArenaNet said this is an in-game name...

29p6c8k.jpg

Last edited:
Oh okay cool. Why not just use the email to login then? Because of the forums? Now it all makes sense! :p

Hahah sorry sorry, long day

edit: So people will be able to see this name AS WELL AS our character name? Because the email from ArenaNet said this is an in-game name...

29p6c8k.jpg
Individual character names I believe are still your primary way of interacting with players, but your ArenaNet name should be useful for keeping track of friends across multiple characters. Or stuff like that. I didn't fool around with it much.

Also, I think it forces a set of numbers on everyone, so you shouldn't worry about that.

Individual character names I believe are still your primary way of interacting with players, but your ArenaNet name should be useful for keeping track of friends across multiple characters. Or stuff like that. I didn't fool around with it much.

Also, I think it forces a set of numbers on everyone, so you shouldn't worry about that.

That portion i bolded makes the most sense. It makes keeping track of friends across multiple characters easier.

Speaking of which, how many characters are we allowed to have anyways? A set number per server or.....?

That portion i bolded makes the most sense. It makes keeping track of friends across multiple characters easier.
Regardless of what makes sense, I believe that's the way it works.

I had one RL friend on my friends list in the last BWE. I couldn't figure out a way to see his ArenaNet name (though admittedly I didn't look very hard), but I also never contacted him in-game (he barely played). Possible you need to be mutual friends or something. It did change to his ArenaNet name during the stress test, although I'm not sure what specifically caused that.

Speaking of which, how many characters are we allowed to have anyways? A set number per server or.....?

There were 5 character slots during the beta weekends.

Pretty sure it's not per server since you can play on any server you want(as long as you have a friend on that server), you just can't do WvWvW unless it's your home server.

There were 5 character slots during the beta weekends.

Pretty sure it's not per server since you can play on any server you want(as long as you have a friend on that server), you just can't do WvWvW unless it's your home server.

So your character profile (like a specific character) can played on any server you want? I heard talk of it costing money to switch servers, and that you could only use one server for a character....?

Also, you can go to other servers if ur friends are on those servers?

What exactly is your home server?

Questions, questions, questions :confused: :mad: :D

More patches downloading. Grabbed another ~12K file changes after opening the launcher. ~800MB based on percentage.

I did not mess around with friends stuff. But if you are in a guild it will display your character name and your account name in the guild list. It definitely makes it easier to keep track of players in situations when people have multiple alts with different names.

Post stress test patch: ~407 MB in size. Probably more coming up before launch.

BF3 is getting the boot off the SSD. Any problems with re-downloading the client to a new HD with an Amazon purchase?

So is it still possible to get the "head start" by pre-ordering? If so, when does it start exactly? Was doin some searching this weekend and wasn't positive if I would the early access if I pre-ordered.

So is it still possible to get the "head start" by pre-ordering? If so, when does it start exactly? Was doin some searching this weekend and wasn't positive if I would the early access if I pre-ordered.
Yes just go to the gw2 site and preorder. Early access is a 3 day headstar, So Aug 25.

absolutely cannot wait for this game. hopefully it is not a bust. MMOs are a risky purchase these days

absolutely cannot wait for this game. hopefully it is not a bust. MMOs are a risky purchase these days

I don't know. I've still been getting at least a month of entertainment out of them, and that's at least a hundred hours. As long as I'm getting ~$1/hr of entertainment, I'm good.

did you end up getting it? Where are people buying this thing, and how can you guarantee early access?

did you end up getting it? Where are people buying this thing, and how can you guarantee early access?

Like i said 3 posts up, the guildwars 2 website lets you pre-order

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

I got mine from eb agmes (gamestop) they gave me a pre-order code when i did that gave me access to the beta weekends and the early head start. Not sure how many places have the pre-purchase codes left so best bet is striahgt from the gw2 website in the link i posted

Like i said 3 posts up, the guildwars 2 website lets you pre-order

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

I got mine from eb agmes (gamestop) they gave me a pre-order code when i did that gave me access to the beta weekends and the early head start. Not sure how many places have the pre-purchase codes left so best bet is striahgt from the gw2 website in the link i posted

Ah thanks, sorry for skipping over your previous post.

Back