- Joined
- Feb 23, 2004
- Messages
- 13,207
absolutely cannot wait for this game. hopefully it is not a bust. MMOs are a risky purchase these days
Worst case scenario you can play it like a single player game ala GW1. No monthly fee is going to be nice.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
absolutely cannot wait for this game. hopefully it is not a bust. MMOs are a risky purchase these days
Ah thanks, sorry for skipping over your previous post.
lol np, if you do buy retail thought make sure your recieveing the Pre-purchase and not the pre-order. pre-order ones dont give nearly as many perks. If you buy it digitally from the gw2 site it will always be the pre-purchase version.
What home world are you all going to choose? This is the part im having a difficult time with...
No kidding... I have 3 groups of people I want to play with all likely rolling on different servers.
That server list isn't final is it?
It's missing a few, like Sanctum of Rall (which was named after a fan that passed away sadly before the game came out).
Gates of Madness missing from that list too.
Which also says the list may change before release. So who knows.
Which also says the list may change before release. So who knows.
Personally I usually don't do too much pre-planning picking servers for MMO launches. Rather wait until I have more information available to me, such as server population, if/what server anyone I know is playing on, etc. than randomly picking a server beforehand. Though it's likely less important for GW2 because of guesting and shards and whatnot.
What home world are you all going to choose? This is the part im having a difficult time with...
There's a list posted somewhere on which communities are picking what servers (reddit, yognauts, etc.). The unofficial RP server is Tarnished Coast, so that's where I'm heading. I usually pick RP-PVP servers because I find the community is a bit more mature, though I don't partake in the RP.
A bit more mature? Every rp server I play its the opposite.
Compared to just straight PVP servers? Interesting. Guess I just get unlucky with PVP servers and get lucky with good PVP-RP ones.![]()
Yeah. Most of the time it's a small handful of actual roleplayers, a ton of anti socials and trolls there to troll the roleplayers.
GW2 doesn't have "PVP servers", right? It's a WvW or some type of small groups Arena PVP setting?
GW2 doesn't have "PVP servers", right? It's a WvW or some type of small groups Arena PVP setting?
That is correct. No straight PvP servers. My understanding is that it will have a huge zone for WvW and then as you said smaller arena style matches.
Did a $600 PC upgrade for GW2. Think im ready for this.
I hear you there. BWE was all that needed to compell me to upgrade my crossfire 6950's to SLI gtx 670's haha.
I hear you there. BWE was all that needed to compell me to upgrade my crossfire 6950's to SLI gtx 670's haha.
What? crossfire 6950's aren't fast enough? what resolution are you running?
I was planning on playing at 2560x1440 on a single 6950. Do I really need to upgrade?
What? crossfire 6950's aren't fast enough? what resolution are you running?
I was planning on playing at 2560x1440 on a single 6950. Do I really need to upgrade?
Also can anyone comment on the profession balance for Guardians and Warriors vs others. I live melee...
From what I've seen in the beta weekends, I expect a fairly smooth launch. Likely not Rift smooth, but somewhat close. (Rift's launch was one of the smoothest I've seen.)I can't wait to play this, but after talking with my buddy about pre-ordering last night, he was a voice of reason.
The last game i pre-ordered was Diablo 3. I think i'll wait a week to see if ANet purchased enough servers and make sure that the game is actually good lol
After all, there's no point in having a 3-day head start if the launch is going to be like diablos, where it's just staring at error screens.
How is the PvP in this game? I have purposefully ignored this game for as long as I could but now I am looking into it.
Also can anyone comment on the profession balance for Guardians and Warriors vs others. I live melee...
do you all think a single GTX 670 could run this game at 2560x1440? im not sure what resolution monitor to buy....
Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
dremic said:Quote:
Originally Posted by eric335
do you all think a single GTX 670 could run this game at 2560x1440? im not sure what resolution monitor to buy....
Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
yes. overkill if anything
even with all visuals maxed? guess i know what monitor size to buywhats a good 2560x1440 gaming monitor? id prefer not to go w/ the korean....
Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
dremic said:Quote:
Originally Posted by eric335
even with all visuals maxed? guess i know what monitor size to buy whats a good 2560x1440 gaming monitor? id prefer not to go w/ the korean....
Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
whats your budget![]()