• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Release date is good news. With all of these stress tests, I do hope they are thoroughly prepared for the demand :) *coughdiablo3cough*

Theres a difference between not being ready for demand and not giving a fuck ;)

P.S

GET FUCKING HYPE
 
Sweet! I mean, Sh!t. I thought I'd have more time to bulk up my HoM rewards.

Only at 14/50 now. Yeah, I'm a little slow...
 
Finally a release date!

I tried getting back into WoW (no not happening). Got to lvl 47 in Tera (got boring-worried about end game).

This game looks very promising and finally a game my friends are all agreed on. I couldnt get them into Tera.

2 months! :D cant wait.
 
I'm SOOOOO glad to see the release date.... it's a lot easier to wait that way. It's closer in than I expected, too :D!
 
Seemed pretty much the same to me. I saw 17-100 FPS, just depended on where I was or what was going on. GPU usage was still low, 45-60% most of the time. 1920x1200 FXAA high detail. Saw 45-65 FPS generally doing PVE.

Two months should be a good amount of time to optimize though. Can't wait, love the game!
 
Fuck yeah, just requested 11 days of leave for this. I have extra leave I need to burn before the end of the year (the wife can't request any, and i'm 2200 miles away from family and friends), so why not? Been waiting for the day to request this for a long time. Now the two-month wait begins...
 
So I was starting to expect late September...this is a wonderful release date!

Let the old-style MMOs die!
 
Oh yes. Very excited for this. I've done the beta tests and am not disappointed at all. This is going to make waves in how I personally buy games, from now on.
 
Seemed pretty much the same to me. I saw 17-100 FPS, just depended on where I was or what was going on. GPU usage was still low, 45-60% most of the time. 1920x1200 FXAA high detail. Saw 45-65 FPS generally doing PVE.

Two months should be a good amount of time to optimize though. Can't wait, love the game!

For me, my GTX 670 oc'd was rarely even boosting (not even to full when it did) and was seeing 15-30% use on BWE2. The stress test now provided me with being boosted full-time and significantly better framerates, very high GPU usage (I had Adaptive V-Sync on so it capped it to 60fps) and 60fps almost all of the time with 50ish around the lowest it would go in both PVE and sPVP matches. BWE2 gave me lows of 20-25fps in some places and ran around 30fps average.

This is with my sig rig @ 2560x1600. (i7 2600K @ 4.4ghz, Gigabyte GTX670 OC @ 1344mhz core 24/7, 16gb ddr3, ssd's, etc.).
 
This isn't a new style MMO. Still excited for it.

I have played in the beta and it seems to have enough new mechanics/design features to break the mold but keeping enough similar that it doesn't alienate the player base and shoot itself in the foot. Sounds like a step in the right directions and not a copy of whats been around for 15yrs.
 
I have played in the beta and it seems to have enough new mechanics/design features to break the mold but keeping enough similar that it doesn't alienate the player base and shoot itself in the foot. Sounds like a step in the right directions and not a copy of whats been around for 15yrs.

It plays a lot like DAOC did, but with "dodge" added. That's strictly as far as gameplay goes, of course... obviously the UI, graphics, etc. are much newer/better, and it has a more centralized trading system. It definitely has enough new to like, but I feel like I'm getting to go "home" again after being away from DAOC for ~4 years now ;), by going to Guild Wars 2 (I played DAOC around seven years total).
 
Going to buy the game regardless, but I was wondering if they are having events where you reserve a character name or get to keep a character. I refuse to preorder because I didn't want to get burnt out during the beta events. I want everything to be new for the headstart. If they have something like aforementioned I would consider it.

Thx!
 
Going to buy the game regardless, but I was wondering if they are having events where you reserve a character name or get to keep a character. I refuse to preorder because I didn't want to get burnt out during the beta events. I want everything to be new for the headstart. If they have something like aforementioned I would consider it.

Thx!

I read that if you were in GW1 and you preorder you can reserve your old char name.
If not, you need to log in quickly on August 25th :)
 
love the Tuesday release day. Will get to play all weekend (assuming they release at 12:01am on sat).
 
It plays a lot like DAOC did, but with "dodge" added. That's strictly as far as gameplay goes, of course... obviously the UI, graphics, etc. are much newer/better, and it has a more centralized trading system. It definitely has enough new to like, but I feel like I'm getting to go "home" again after being away from DAOC for ~4 years now ;), by going to Guild Wars 2 (I played DAOC around seven years total).

Your forgetting about how questing works, player levels, and gear itemization. Its bucking the trend that WoW created when companies started following their formula, and its going back to older or different mechanics that worked better. Less instances, more social interaction, more engaging combat, more immersion. When I make the comment about combat its more about what your doing and not about watching numbers. WoW stopped being fun when I watched more UI than fights. DPS meters and raid bars are not the game I want to be playing.
 
Your forgetting about how questing works, player levels, and gear itemization. Its bucking the trend that WoW created when companies started following their formula, and its going back to older or different mechanics that worked better. Less instances, more social interaction, more engaging combat, more immersion. When I make the comment about combat its more about what your doing and not about watching numbers. WoW stopped being fun when I watched more UI than fights. DPS meters and raid bars are not the game I want to be playing.

Yes as I said, gw2 is similar to daoc. Little instancing, open world focus, rvr, more socialization needed, no real quests other than epic chains aka gw2 personal story.... sounds like you are trying to disagree yet are stating I am right at the same time. :confused:
 
Yes as I said, gw2 is similar to daoc. Little instancing, open world focus, rvr, more socialization needed, no real quests other than epic chains aka gw2 personal story.... sounds like you are trying to disagree yet are stating I am right at the same time. :confused:

I agree with you when you compare there RvR to WvWvW, but the rest was the staple of MMO's before WoW. Asheron's call had positional combat minus the active parry/dodge chain stuff. EQ and AC both had large instanced worlds. Its just my opinion that its less Dark Age and more of the best parts of MMO's prior to WoW with their own flare. Forgive me if i'm going back and forth in my thoughts, I have yet to sleep yet in over 24hrs.
 
I haven't followed this game much but it looks really sweet. Is it possible to get beta access without a pre-order? I never played the first game so I don't really want to blow $60 sight unseen.
 
I haven't followed this game much but it looks really sweet. Is it possible to get beta access without a pre-order? I never played the first game so I don't really want to blow $60 sight unseen.

I highly doubt they will be holding any type of open beta between now and release. You could always buy it, play the next beta which will be July 20-22 I think, and if you hate it get a refund from Anet.

I still need to grab a second copy between now and then so I don't have to sit and watch my kid play on my beta account D:
 
I read that if you were in GW1 and you preorder you can reserve your old char name.
If not, you need to log in quickly on August 25th :)

This is one of the things I always look forward to on (MM)ORPG releases. First logging on and scrambling to get all my character names before others do.
 
I read that if you were in GW1 and you preorder you can reserve your old char name.
If not, you need to log in quickly on August 25th :)

Sounds good at first until you remember that GW1 had a 2 name requirement :(

I fired up my GW account to get a name or 2 saved in case i preorder then remembered that.
 
Any other WAR fans absolutely loving GW2? This game is going to be everything (and lots lots more) WAR wanted to be. If only GW2 was actually a Warhammer theme, then I would be complete :>
 
Any other WAR fans absolutely loving GW2? This game is going to be everything (and lots lots more) WAR wanted to be. If only GW2 was actually a Warhammer theme, then I would be complete :>

I enjoyed Warhammer but it was like I was playing a single player game. It was just so empty.

And ugh, no more orcs please, that theme is overdone. I quite like the unique Charr, Sylvari, Asura races.
 
Any other WAR fans absolutely loving GW2? This game is going to be everything (and lots lots more) WAR wanted to be. If only GW2 was actually a Warhammer theme, then I would be complete :>

Yeah, I loved the public quest concept in WAR...this one ups it.
 
Your forgetting about how questing works, player levels, and gear itemization. Its bucking the trend that WoW created when companies started following their formula, and its going back to older or different mechanics that worked better. Less instances, more social interaction, more engaging combat, more immersion. When I make the comment about combat its more about what your doing and not about watching numbers. WoW stopped being fun when I watched more UI than fights. DPS meters and raid bars are not the game I want to be playing.

Um, you are still saying the same thing I am. Pro tip :) daoc launched oct 2001 and predates WOW by a long time.
 
Back
Top