• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

So far for me, Elementalist and Mesmer at the hardest/most challenging two classes to play.
 
adaptive vsync in this game causes lots of tearing

so many melee haters for pvp. i rape pvp with my thief. i have a sylvari so i have that scorpion move.. i think its sylvari only atleast. anyways it just yanks them towards me and i pull them off the walls of castles and we just pounce. plus i got my dagger storm for pvp and its hilarious. i steal and pop it and everything melts. 4k crits

thief is retarded burst and not to mention you look cooler and cooler. my level 55 set is amazing looking

Scorpion Wire is a utility skill all thiefs can use.
 
my buddy plays a wind/dagger elementalist and his moves are amazing looking.

Yea, Dagger/Dagger is a LOT of fun for Elementalist but risky. The skills that you get with Dagger/Dagger are some of the coolest looking in the game. Lightning Whip is your number 1 skill for Air Attunement is fantastic looking and very functional but like I said, it puts the squishy Ele in vulnerable positions.
 
Anyone have any tips for Engineer? I initially tried the elementalist but it didn't click for me; loving the engineer so far. When I opened up the 3rd(?) tier of abilities I went with Elixir R and then rocket turret, but apparently Elixir Gun is pretty mandatory if you want to play a support role in dungeons and whatnot? I also put trait points into firearms and then putting some into explosives.

I have to say, Arenanet did a top notch job on this game. The artwork and zone design is quite amazing. The music is nicely done and it sits in the background in a way that isn't annoying. The only real nag I have is that I'm running this on 3 monitors in NVSurround, and the cutscenes for the storyline stuff are all stretched out. My FPS will also dip occasionally into the teens in some areas, and this is with GTX 670s in SLI. I will cut them some slack as the game is brand new and I'm sure there is lots of room for optimization.

Well if you want to be support, while still being good at damage, fill out alchemy first. Always. Then when you max alch for the levels you are in, go to firearms. Explosives last.

Pistols become amazing when you hit level 60 and get piercing, until then use the best weapons you can get your hands on. They both work well. Can also use a pistol / shield combo.

I posted a link back to a lvl 80 build, use that as your guide, as it's pvp centric, but it's also amazing for pve.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQJAqalspiXnuSfF17IBoH6Fv8V0jHDZK/pAbB;ToAg1Cqogx4lwLrPOYk+MqYWB

Definite gets are: Flamethrower (awesome AoE / packs), Supply Drop (stuns when it drops, regen / snare / dmg), Elixir Gun (condition removal, stacking fields), Elixir U and Elixir B should always be on your bar, later on you can keep these up like 90% of the time. It's great!

People seriously underestimate how powerful this class is :) I've duo'ed champion mobs with just another dps'er and kept them alive while doing loads of damage. :)

Stack condition dmg, and power, then precision.
 
Yeah, I get sick of graveyard zerging story missions just because the game somehow thinks it's OK to swarm a player doing a solo mission with 10 mobs at once. :mad: :rolleyes:

Obviously we aren't all playing the same missions on the same classes, but I haven't encountered any that were overly hard once I got out of the "just kill everything" mindset. You can get through a lot of them with very little combat.
 
AC? thats in the charr starting zone. check your mail they send you one at level 30 and it gives you the location on your map when you read it

Yeah I checked it and it showed where it's at, but it's far from divinity reach and I have no idea how to get there. I'll figure it out, though.
 
Yeah I checked it and it showed where it's at, but it's far from divinity reach and I have no idea how to get there. I'll figure it out, though.

go to divinitys reach, there are asura gates.. take it to lions arch which has an asura gate for every major city. use the portal with charr guarding it




my friends didnt know about the portals either and he ran from the sylvari starting area to the norn hahahah hilarious. took him like 2 hours and he died like 20 times hahaha.
 
Just started a Mesmer last night. Class is kind of cool but it does seem quite weak early on. Using Scepter/Pistol and Staff. The class does seem slightly boring thought to me. Might move onto a Thief or Warrior.

I think someone on another forum put it best.

Elementalists are 80% effective from the start and at higher levels they gain that last 20%. Mesmers on the other hand are 40% effective and gain the 60% at higher levels.

Paraphrasing at best but you get the idea. It's how I currently feel about my mesmer at lvl 18. You definitely need the levels to unlock the better traits that make you suck less. I agree that it is pretty disheartening to see other classes have no problem taking on 3-4 mobs while you really really have to know what you're doing to not get owned.

However, PVP at lvl 80 was really fun once I had access to all my skills. :D;)
 
I think someone on another forum put it best.



Paraphrasing at best but you get the idea. It's how I currently feel about my mesmer at lvl 18. You definitely need the levels to unlock the better traits that make you suck less. I agree that it is pretty disheartening to see other classes have no problem taking on 3-4 mobs while you really really have to know what you're doing to not get owned.

However, PVP at lvl 80 was really fun once I had access to all my skills. :D;)

This is a perfect explanation of mesmers. I love mine, but man do they struggle early.
 
[L]imey;1039128578 said:
This is a perfect explanation of mesmers. I love mine, but man do they struggle early.

There have been quite a few times where I've wanted to throw in the towel and go an "ezmode" type of character like engineer or warrior but I'm holding fast by just TPing gear at my level every 5-10 levels or so for the cheap and being massively over leveled for every area so that I don't feel like I'm trying to ice skate up hill vs mobs ;):D:D
 
Ive got a level 34 Warrior. While I may do well in most PvE situations, I get owned in PvP and boss fights. Its like I have a giant neon sign on my face that says 'focus fire here'.
 
Ive got a level 34 Warrior. While I may do well in most PvE situations, I get owned in PvP and boss fights. Its like I have a giant neon sign on my face that says 'focus fire here'.

What race are you and what weapons are you using?

In PVP the rifle warrior is a beast, melee wise you have to learn when best to do ti and not though. You can't just zerg into melee range with a lot of enoemies around, less you get cc'd (unless you have a skill to break it).

Generally it's better to only melee when there's already melee fighting going on or when chasing/fighting 1vs1.

Also it depends a lot on how you've built your warrior, glass cannon/precision focus or some good defense/banners, etc.
 
What race are you and what weapons are you using?

In PVP the rifle warrior is a beast, melee wise you have to learn when best to do ti and not though. You can't just zerg into melee range with a lot of enoemies around, less you get cc'd (unless you have a skill to break it).

Generally it's better to only melee when there's already melee fighting going on or when chasing/fighting 1vs1.

Also it depends a lot on how you've built your warrior, glass cannon/precision focus or some good defense/banners, etc.

Yea those are good points. I tend to get excited and rush around. My warrior weapons/build is 2handed greatsword with rifle swap. My traits are all +str and +crit.

[Edit] Race is human
 
Think I'm going to go for 100% all zones on my warrior at least. At like 25% now. Just went to lornar's pass about 65-70% done with it. That zone is huge. I'm level 50 but the level 50 zone below Lions arch I was too low for I was like 47 doing 51 or 52 hearts.
 
Anyone looking to purchase a lvl 80 toon? Top 0.001% population account. Lost my job yesterday, which is probably GW2's fault, but game is still awesome. Toon has best possible gear in the game and is probably top 20 geared world wide. PM me.

EDIT: Its an Engineer. Asura race
 
There have been quite a few times where I've wanted to throw in the towel and go an "ezmode" type of character like engineer or warrior but I'm holding fast by just TPing gear at my level every 5-10 levels or so for the cheap and being massively over leveled for every area so that I don't feel like I'm trying to ice skate up hill vs mobs ;):D:D

I ran random weapons until i was about 40, at which point I did a staff (condition based) build into my 60's. At 70, I found a burst build based on the greatsword which makes soloing mobs the appropriate speed. It's still far more complicated than other classes, but at least the killspeed is on par now.

The condition build is nice, but if you get RNG weakness on the mob 6x instead of bleed or fire dmg, it's terrible, things just dont die.
 
[L]imey;1039129186 said:
I ran random weapons until i was about 40, at which point I did a staff (condition based) build into my 60's. At 70, I found a burst build based on the greatsword which makes soloing mobs the appropriate speed. It's still far more complicated than other classes, but at least the killspeed is on par now.

The condition build is nice, but if you get RNG weakness on the mob 6x instead of bleed or fire dmg, it's terrible, things just dont die.

What is your rotation with condition build? Do you focus on power/ condition only?
 
That's what I was told. I heard the 30 dungeon is the hardest one, hahaha wtf?

It really depends on explorable mode vs. story mode.

All of the story modes have been very easy so far. They nerfed AC quite a bit from what I can tell. In BWE1, we were graveyard zerging all day long while in BWE2 and beyond, we just auto attacked everything down. I think Twilight Arbor might be the "hardest" for story mode since it has the most wtf did I just die to moments if you aren't familiar with it.

Explorable mode is (relatively speaking to each dungeon's story mode) more difficult and that's where the "farming" happens for the dungeon-specific tokens (again, worst idea ever by Anet).
 
Hey guys, I created a HardForum guild on the Borlis Pass server...I was in Smoke and Fire guild like most people in here, they seem like a cool group of guys...but I felt like they had their own "group" and I juts never talked to any of them...

Dont mean to make anybody mad that is in the Smoke and Fire guild or whatever... I just wanted to a close group of people, plus people can be in multiple guilds :p ! If anybody wants to join then message me "Bowhuntr" or "Bowhuntr.5796" :) I should be on for quite awhile!
 
DO you think Anet will ever add "factions" so that you can open world PvP in some zones within your server? Expansion? I just feel PvP is pointless and this would add much more to the game, but that's me. I know it's probably against their design.

I feel like PvP and PvE being separate games kinda takes away from the game.
 
DO you think Anet will ever add "factions" so that you can open world PvP in some zones within your server? Expansion? I just feel PvP is pointless and this would add much more to the game, but that's me. I know it's probably against their design.

I feel like PvP and PvE being separate games kinda takes away from the game.

I disagree. Open world PVP is unstructured and messy as hell. Being able to PVP when i want is nice, i got bored of being randomly ganked years ago and special PVP zones are just lame.
 
What server is the hardforum guild on? thinking about switching since my brother can't get into the server I'm on now.
 
Back
Top