• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Again, I would love to see a screenshot with an OSD showing 50+ FPS at max settings in 75+ person W3 combat.

Why would you assume it's the video card bottlenecking in a situation like that? Being the MMO junkie that I am, that has all the markings of server side bottleneck and CPU bottleneck. Nevermind your CPU usage, if their engine can't handle it, all the processor power in the world won't help.
 
Prove it. Keep battle, 75+ people on the walls or on a bridge, 50+ fps at max settings. Shadows/reflections off and normal sampling is okay.

My 2600k @ 4.8, an OC'd 7950 pushing a single 1900x1200 montor and GW2 on a game only Sandisk Extreme gets 30fps in large encounters with those settings. Turn settings to lowest, 31 fps. Turn settings to highest, 29 fps. All this while CPU and GPU load does not exceed 40%. My OC'd 6950 got the same exact FPS. OC'ing to 5ghz nets no performance increase either.

Prove that... I'm having an enjoyable experience that isn't hindered by FPS slowing down below 50?

If you're dead set on 50+ FPS all the time and just can't get over the fact that you can somehow experience FPS dips... then you're not going to enjoy the game no matter what.
 
Thats good to hear, I may be swapping it out then.



I've had a great time with my 670's and 680's but this particular game seems to have big issues with Nvidia drivers. I play with a whole group of people on Nvidia cards ranging from the 400 series up, and they all have identical issues with huge FPS drops for no reason in the same areas, no matter the driver or settings. This game has so many performance issues, it doesn't like the mumble client very much nor does it like my headphone drivers.



I've tried half a dozen sets of drivers, nothing seems to help.

I'm using the 304.79 driver and have experienced no crashes or glitches since I began playing during the early start. Specs in sig.

One thing I can guarantee is if you are an alt-tabber you will have performance issues. Every time I have had to alt-tab out of the game and then back in, my performance has dipped. Sometimes alt-tabbing out and back in again will fix it, other times it won't.
 
Prove that... I'm having an enjoyable experience that isn't hindered by FPS slowing down below 50?

If you're dead set on 50+ FPS all the time and just can't get over the fact that you can somehow experience FPS dips... then you're not going to enjoy the game no matter what.

I'm just sick and tired of people posting "my fps is terrific" and either don't WvW or believe that 30 fps is acceptable. It's a problem. I'm not trying to be a dick to you, and I apologize for singling you out, but it's just frustrating.
 
I'm just sick and tired of people posting "my fps is terrific" and either don't WvW or believe that 30 fps is acceptable. It's a problem. I'm not trying to be a dick to you, and I apologize for singling you out, but it's just frustrating.

I've WvW'd plenty.

Guess what? I don't know what FPS I get in WvW. Why? Because it's smooth with no hiccups for me so I honestly don't care and can't be bothered unhiding my FPS counter when it doesn't matter. Try not obsessing over your FPS.
 
I've WvW'd plenty.

Guess what? I don't know what FPS I get in WvW. Why? Because it's smooth with no hiccups for me so I honestly don't care and can't be bothered unhiding my FPS counter when it doesn't matter. Try not obsessing over your FPS.

Pretty [L]imp thing to say. This entire forum is pretty much dedicated to obsessing over FPS.
 
Pretty [L]imp thing to say. This entire forum is pretty much dedicated to obsessing over FPS.

And if that's what's stopping you from enjoying the game, then that's your loss really. I'm not invested in how much FPS you get, so I really couldn't care less. This is just my personal experience of the game. The decision to let it affect your experience is up to you.
 
One thing I can guarantee is if you are an alt-tabber you will have performance issues. Every time I have had to alt-tab out of the game and then back in, my performance has dipped. Sometimes alt-tabbing out and back in again will fix it, other times it won't.

I've noticed that too and I'm a big alt tabber. Usually it gets back to normal, though.
 
*flame suit on* newbie question - how do you measure FPS in game while playing? Thanks ahead of time.
 
*flame suit on* newbie question - how do you measure FPS in game while playing? Thanks ahead of time.

was just about to ask the same question. I know you can see it when you open menu window but other than that... Is there a command or something, or is fraps your only option?
 
I was running the 306 drivers since they were available and I didn't see any real benefit - my system did lock up about once every other day in GW2 (normally never locks up) but I chalked it up to it being a new game.

I run 5760x1080 on a single GTX680. The performance is usually 60fps in PVE and I've only set shadows and I think post processing or effects to medium - everything else is maxed and it's super smooth.

Then, a couple days ago, the game started getting BAD graphics glitches - like the spot in the game where the mouse activates was about 1 mouse cursor length above where the cursor was. It also would go into full on seizure mode in NV surround (rolling bars, flickering - horrible).

I was worried my card was going bad, but I think it's just that they are tweaking the game a lot.

Rolled back to the previous drivers (304) and it's fine.

Very good performance from a 680 on 3 screens - but I don't do big pvp events yet so who knows?

One major problem is that the camera seems extra glitchy in surround mode - just walking by a line of stakes coming out of the ground, the camera would interact with them and zoom in/out quickly.

Also, some of the jumping things are hard because you're hugging a wall and the camera gets really sensitive to outcroppings and such...
 
So. I've never played an MMORPG before, should I take the plunge with this?

Are the perks you get with the Digital Deluxe edition worth paying the extra money for?

Is this game optimized well? (Running a 2500k @ 4.7, Asus top 670, 8gb ram)

Are there any british guys here that would like to teach me the ropes in game and take care of me? lol..
 
So. I've never played an MMORPG before, should I take the plunge with this?

In order,

It's not your traditional MMO, there's no monthly fees so think of it as a one time purchase. Combat is a lot more fluid and dynamic than what you may think of MMOs (WoW/Rift/SWTOR, etc)

Are the perks you get with the Digital Deluxe edition worth paying the extra money for?

Is this game optimized well? (Running a 2500k @ 4.7, Asus top 670, 8gb ram)

Are there any british guys here that would like to teach me the ropes in game and take care of me? lol..

I bought the digital deluxe because that was all there was.

If you like little collectible stuff, then i'd spend the cash for it. You get a little mini pet and that's about it. You also get a glory token, 5000 glory to spend but I have no idea where to spend it as well as an influence token which gives whichever guild you're representing influence.

Game runs pretty well for me. 70ish FPS PVEing at max settings, didn't notice any big dips during sPVP, never tried WvWvW.

Only performance is my server has horrible lag during prime time which I hope they address soon or else I may hopefully hop to a less populated server...can I even do that?

intel 2500k @ 4.4, MSI 6850, 16GB ram, installed on my SSD.
 
I bought the digital deluxe because that was all there was.

If you like little collectible stuff, then i'd spend the cash for it. You get a little mini pet and that's about it. You also get a glory token, 5000 glory to spend but I have no idea where to spend it as well as an influence token which gives whichever guild you're representing influence.
Game runs pretty well for me. 70ish FPS PVEing at max settings, didn't notice any big dips during sPVP, never tried WvWvW.

Only performance is my server has horrible lag during prime time which I hope they address soon or else I may hopefully hop to a less populated server...can I even do that?

intel 2500k @ 4.4, MSI 6850, 16GB ram, installed on my SSD.

I paid $80 for the deluxe edition and got none of those things. I was wondering why the regular version I bought my friend got all of the same items as I did. Also, the fact that you can max it at 70fps on a 6850 tells me I may need to move to AMD, since I can't get 60fps constant on a gtx 680 at 1080p on high-ish settings. I'd say about 80% of the time its nice and smooth with stuttering only when I spin the camera too fast, but the other 20% of the time I get between 20 and 25fps for no apparent reason at all. Nothing major going on, not in town, just drops like a rock. In town I've logged a bunch of time at 2.5fps.
 
Only performance is my server has horrible lag during prime time which I hope they address soon or else I may hopefully hop to a less populated server...can I even do that?

Server xfers are 100% free and take 2 seconds right now.

This won't last forever.
 
So. I've never played an MMORPG before, should I take the plunge with this?

Are the perks you get with the Digital Deluxe edition worth paying the extra money for?

Is this game optimized well? (Running a 2500k @ 4.7, Asus top 670, 8gb ram)

Are there any british guys here that would like to teach me the ropes in game and take care of me? lol..

It would be a good starter MMO for sure, it's not all demanding etc. and I'm sure you'd get a thrill from WvW and PvP.


me being an older MMO player...I've lost interest in the game already. I really don't care about farming armour or fighting, there's really no point to it besides killing time.

The single player story line does get exciting at the later levels with some epic boss making an appearance though.
 
I paid $80 for the deluxe edition and got none of those things. I was wondering why the regular version I bought my friend got all of the same items as I did. Also, the fact that you can max it at 70fps on a 6850 tells me I may need to move to AMD, since I can't get 60fps constant on a gtx 680 at 1080p on high-ish settings. I'd say about 80% of the time its nice and smooth with stuttering only when I spin the camera too fast, but the other 20% of the time I get between 20 and 25fps for no apparent reason at all. Nothing major going on, not in town, just drops like a rock. In town I've logged a bunch of time at 2.5fps.

Should have been a mailed item??? :confused::confused: Maybe e-mail their tech support.

You should have gotten,

1 Collectible Rylock(sp?) mini pet (account bound)
1x Glory token ( 1 time use)
1x Influence Token ( 1 time use)
1x Golem Banker consumable (really lame that this is one time use I think...)
1x Hero's band (gives +2 to all stats, wearable at level one)

Every new char should get a Hero's Band but the other stuff is recieved on ONE character only. So make sure you either transfer the items before you delete the character or use them all since most of them are consumables with a 1 time use.
 
I paid $80 for the deluxe edition and got none of those things. I was wondering why the regular version I bought my friend got all of the same items as I did. Also, the fact that you can max it at 70fps on a 6850 tells me I may need to move to AMD, since I can't get 60fps constant on a gtx 680 at 1080p on high-ish settings. I'd say about 80% of the time its nice and smooth with stuttering only when I spin the camera too fast, but the other 20% of the time I get between 20 and 25fps for no apparent reason at all. Nothing major going on, not in town, just drops like a rock. In town I've logged a bunch of time at 2.5fps.

Forgot to mention I also game at 2560x1600. Yea open world I was 65-71 FPS constantly it seems and I don't notice huge drops at all. Max settings on everything as well.

Only thing pissing me off is how loud my 6850 gets :D:(
 
The Sylvari starting zone seems to be the hardest hit on my frames. Well the level 13 part.
 
One major problem is that the camera seems extra glitchy in surround mode - just walking by a line of stakes coming out of the ground, the camera would interact with them and zoom in/out quickly.

Also, some of the jumping things are hard because you're hugging a wall and the camera gets really sensitive to outcroppings and such...

I'm on a single screen and the camera does everything you describe, it's pretty awful. I'm not sure that's a surround problem.
 
ya, tried doing that jump skill challenge in the sylvari starting zone and its impossible to do wiht eyefinity for me, had to hit alt+enter and play in windowed mode so i could see wtf i was doing.
 
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I will pass for now.I have borderlands pre-ordered and that's enough for me, I already play way too many games.
 
Again, I would love to see a screenshot with an OSD showing 50+ FPS at max settings in 75+ person W3 combat.

Same card as you and my WvW performance is fine, around 40fps in large scale battles. I don't keep track of how many people are around but our little group started with 3 of us and turned into around 25 after a few skirmishes. We ended up at the western walls of the middle keep and our group kept growing as well as the defenders. We eventually had a couple siege engines and multiple skirmishes out side the keep and I had 42fps when I bothered to look just out of curiosities sake. It has always been around that every time I look.
 
Hit 80 tonight, and I checked my played time for the first time. I ended up at just over 89 hours to hit the level cap.

Looks like I will finally put some time into crafting tomorrow. I'm not done with my personal story stuff yet either, so perhaps I'll do that too.
 
That is not encouraging. I just ordered a 670 FTW to play this game. Maybe its just your drivers. I have been playing on a GTX 285 and a 9800 GT and have had almost zero problems.

670 here and running GW 2 like a champ. Framerates stay near 60fps v-sync capped and occasionally dip into the 40 with 30+ people on screen. Very playable though at 1920x1200m highest detail setting including supersampling.
 
Can you confirm this in black citadel, particularly the imperators chamber? I'm shying away from the 306 drivers because of the overclocking issues with the 600 series cards and voltage.

What overclocking issues? I'm using the 306 beta drivers and both of my 670's in two different machines are overclocked just the same as they were with the previous official drivers and both are running just fine.
 
Again, I would love to see a screenshot with an OSD showing 50+ FPS at max settings in 75+ person W3 combat.

Not everyone plays WvWvW and even then, if you have all the eye candy turned on and running at high resolution, every card is going to drop in performance, AMD or Nvidia. There's nothing special about either card or drivers in this case, the game is just very demanding in that scenario.
 
Pretty [L]imp thing to say. This entire forum is pretty much dedicated to obsessing over FPS.

Are you still using a 6950 as listed in your signature? Maybe its time for a video card upgrade if you want to play the newest games at higher framerates. GW 2 is demanding at the highest settings.
 
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I will pass for now.I have borderlands pre-ordered and that's enough for me, I already play way too many games.

Probably best, if you started playing GW 2, you would have no need for any other games for the next 3+ years.
 
Just rolled a human Warrior and hit lvl 16. While leveling in Queensdale, I haven't seen one other Human Warrior. Seems like they all went Nord or Charr. I was going to go Charr but the helmets look so odd on them. But now I feel like I should have just went Charr! :(
 
Just rolled a human Warrior and hit lvl 16. While leveling in Queensdale, I haven't seen one other Human Warrior. Seems like they all went Nord or Charr. I was going to go Charr but the helmets look so odd on them. But now I feel like I should have just went Charr! :(

I couldn't bring myself to play a Charr just because of the walking animation. They run like a cat and it really bothers me. Same with the Asuran's, they have a goofy walk to them that drives me nuts.
 
I couldn't bring myself to play a Charr just because of the walking animation. They run like a cat and it really bothers me. Same with the Asuran's, they have a goofy walk to them that drives me nuts.

Same for me. And I'm not a fan of the Norn's half armored half naked thing. So Human I went.
 
Last edited:
Same for me. And I'm not a fan of the Nord's half armored half naked thing. So Human I went.

I have a Norn warrior, he looks fine to me with some armor. I'm not a fan of many of the huge armor pieces that most Norn warriors I see. Mine has basic chainmail at level 20 and I like the look of it. Its simple and doesn't look cartoonish. I just wanted my warrior to be a huge character on screen. The human warriors are so much smaller than the Norns. My Guardian however is a human, he looks half the size of my Norn warrior. I have one of every class and only my warrior and Necro aren't human. My Necro is Sylvari. I like the look of the Charr when they're standing still but the walking animation bothers me and you will spend thousands of hours staring at your character walking over the years.

Aesthetics are a personal thing though so I have no issues with what anyone chooses, variety is good.
 
Just built a desktop, have a 7970 and a 670 (got it from a friend), and tested the game with both. I couldn't honestly tell a difference, both ran superb. I know I've seen a few people having issues with the 670, and nVidia in general, but I haven't seen anything that would qualify as an issue with the 670, yet anyway. Running the 306 beta drivers as well (Don't use the 301 WHQL if you plan on playing this game...get the beta's).
 
Back
Top