• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Guys. Please. Is there the "one" guild that everyone is going to join. I'm really enjoying the game and would love to be in a HARD group. Can we come to some sort of agreement here?
 
dalearyous.2039 is me in game, just purchased and installing now. excited for what is hopefully a breath of fresh air in MMO space
 
Guys. Please. Is there the "one" guild that everyone is going to join. I'm really enjoying the game and would love to be in a HARD group. Can we come to some sort of agreement here?

You can join more then one guild! Smoke and Fire is the guild most players are on, but it includes mostly other people not from here.

I just created the Hardforum one so it would be more of a closer group to here...it will probably be a small one...just I don't like huge guilds ;)

Join both!!! :)
 
I disagree. Open world PVP is unstructured and messy as hell. Being able to PVP when i want is nice, i got bored of being randomly ganked years ago and special PVP zones are just lame.

That's what made wow Pvp so fun, world Pvp. Which died pretty much after TBC (was already pretty dead). Ganking IS fun.
 
Wow. Did CM explore last night, Asura path. That SUCKED. Took 4 hours, cost more in repairs than I received at the end. Cut scenes were broken. NOT doing that again. Story mode took less than 1 hour and was actually enjoyable.
 
name is madiic if anyone wants to add me. I just hopped onto borlis pass last night cause that's what most of my guild is on and come to find out, most of you are on it too!
 
Wow. Did CM explore last night, Asura path. That SUCKED. Took 4 hours, cost more in repairs than I received at the end. Cut scenes were broken. NOT doing that again. Story mode took less than 1 hour and was actually enjoyable.

Worse than AC?
 
CM explorable is one of the easiest and is a popular one to farm just for the end 20 silver reward due to how fast people run it...
 
That's what made wow Pvp so fun, world Pvp. Which died pretty much after TBC (was already pretty dead). Ganking IS fun.

It's fun for a while, gets old fast especially our you're on the receiving end. There is a reason pve servers far outnumber PvP.
 
Can anyone with an AMD card comment on if they have huge FPS drops in random areas like black citadel? I'm considering swapping out my 680 for and AMD card if it will help, I'm getting really tired of it.
 
Can anyone with an AMD card comment on if they have huge FPS drops in random areas like black citadel? I'm considering swapping out my 680 for and AMD card if it will help, I'm getting really tired of it.

My game crashed 3 x yesterday on my 670 :(
 
That's what made wow Pvp so fun, world Pvp. Which died pretty much after TBC (was already pretty dead). Ganking IS fun.

Agreed, definitely. That's one of the reasons I really disliked swtor, is that I saw maybe three opposing faction members all the way up to max level. Luckily sPvP and WvW have seemed to appease my desire for open PvP, but I would be totally for a couple faction-based PvP servers. :p
 
Can anyone with an AMD card comment on if they have huge FPS drops in random areas like black citadel? I'm considering swapping out my 680 for and AMD card if it will help, I'm getting really tired of it.

My 7970 runs like a champ. Never crashed once. I don't get ridiculous FPS drops but in certain situations it will obviously drop some. I've never once gotten the "slideshow" effect low FPS levels or anything considered unplayable.
 
That's what made wow Pvp so fun, world Pvp. Which died pretty much after TBC (was already pretty dead). Ganking IS fun.

Yup, maybe I'm so used to open World PvP in my MMO's that it's weird. Adding a factional based server would be awesome.
 
Yup, maybe I'm so used to open World PvP in my MMO's that it's weird. Adding a factional based server would be awesome.

I much preferred games like Lineage 2 and Shabowbane. Real open World PvP. No factions. Straight PvP, ganking and karma. WoW PvP wasn't all that great. Fun at times but I can't count how many times I wanted to gank my own faction.
 
My 7970 runs like a champ. Never crashed once. I don't get ridiculous FPS drops but in certain situations it will obviously drop some. I've never once gotten the "slideshow" effect low FPS levels or anything considered unplayable.

is there any possible way i can return my 670 for the full $400 and go back to ATI? I've had nothing but problems with this stupid card :(
 
is there any possible way i can return my 670 for the full $400 and go back to ATI? I've had nothing but problems with this stupid card :(

That is not encouraging. I just ordered a 670 FTW to play this game. Maybe its just your drivers. I have been playing on a GTX 285 and a 9800 GT and have had almost zero problems.
 
Can anyone with an AMD card comment on if they have huge FPS drops in random areas like black citadel? I'm considering swapping out my 680 for and AMD card if it will help, I'm getting really tired of it.

xfx 7950 and I have no drops whatsoever, game is silky smooth in all the areas I've been so far. ~30% of the whole world discovered.
 
My 7970 runs like a champ. Never crashed once. I don't get ridiculous FPS drops but in certain situations it will obviously drop some. I've never once gotten the "slideshow" effect low FPS levels or anything considered unplayable.

Thats good to hear, I may be swapping it out then.

is there any possible way i can return my 670 for the full $400 and go back to ATI? I've had nothing but problems with this stupid card :(

I've had a great time with my 670's and 680's but this particular game seems to have big issues with Nvidia drivers. I play with a whole group of people on Nvidia cards ranging from the 400 series up, and they all have identical issues with huge FPS drops for no reason in the same areas, no matter the driver or settings. This game has so many performance issues, it doesn't like the mumble client very much nor does it like my headphone drivers.

That is not encouraging. I just ordered a 670 FTW to play this game. Maybe its just your drivers. I have been playing on a GTX 285 and a 9800 GT and have had almost zero problems.

I've tried half a dozen sets of drivers, nothing seems to help.
 
Every person in this thread needs to put a giant asterisk next to their "I get great FPS!" statements if they have not been in 100+ person W3 battles.
 
Every person in this thread needs to put a giant asterisk next to their "I get great FPS!" statements if they have not been in 100+ person W3 battles.

Yep, it makes a massive difference as far as what is on your screen at the time you are looking at your FPS. A lot also depends on what in game settings you have, what you've got set in the driver panel for your particular card, and multiple other options. What works well for one game may not work well for another, either for settings or driver version.

The worst case scenario I've seen so far is the swamp battle and it was still smooth. The only time I've seen FPS drops into the 20's is if I alt-tab out and back several times, other than that, I get great performance with my FTW cards with the NV driver panel set to "Advanced settings" with the GW2 defaults, and everything in game maxed out except shadows which is 1 step below max.

It's funny how the 600 series has been so "hit or miss" for people. Seems like it's all or nothing when it comes to smooth gaming. I feel bad for those with issues, but am also thankful my experience has been a positive one.
 
dinged lvl 80 in 135 hours of play over the course of 19 days

I did not power level at all...42% map discovery...400 cooking..ymmv

i posted this just as a reference for other players

/age is the command to find out play time
 
I've had a great time with my 670's and 680's but this particular game seems to have big issues with Nvidia drivers. I play with a whole group of people on Nvidia cards ranging from the 400 series up, and they all have identical issues with huge FPS drops for no reason in the same areas, no matter the driver or settings. This game has so many performance issues, it doesn't like the mumble client very much nor does it like my headphone drivers.

Been playing with (2) 480's in SLI with Nvidia Surround Portrait. (3240x1920) The only issue I have is in cinematics. No issues here, running the latest drivers from Nvidia, under the Beta tab.
 
Every person in this thread needs to put a giant asterisk next to their "I get great FPS!" statements if they have not been in 100+ person W3 battles.

Yeah.. I never had lag problem until I joined EB yesterday and we were under attack in SM... crazy, crazy amount of people and lag.
 
Been playing with (2) 480's in SLI with Nvidia Surround Portrait. (3240x1920) The only issue I have is in cinematics. No issues here, running the latest drivers from Nvidia, under the Beta tab.

Can you confirm this in black citadel, particularly the imperators chamber? I'm shying away from the 306 drivers because of the overclocking issues with the 600 series cards and voltage.
 
That is not encouraging. I just ordered a 670 FTW to play this game. Maybe its just your drivers. I have been playing on a GTX 285 and a 9800 GT and have had almost zero problems.

Nvidia for this game is just terrible. I'm hoping new drivers will fix the issue. I get graphic crashes all the time. 3 or 4 yesterday. It crashes, I have to end task, then i just start it up again.
 
dinged lvl 80 in 135 hours of play over the course of 19 days

I did not power level at all...42% map discovery...400 cooking..ymmv

i posted this just as a reference for other players

/age is the command to find out play time

I was wondering what the play time command was, thanks.
 
Every person in this thread needs to put a giant asterisk next to their "I get great FPS!" statements if they have not been in 100+ person W3 battles.

I've been in perfectly smooth saturated WvW battles.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game (for better or for worse) actually throttles what's displayed on your screen. Models will actually disappear if you reach the saturation limit. This is immediately obvious in large WvW battles as well as large group events.
 
I don't have low fps in WvW battles as the game starts to make people invisible like Aion did. I never liked it then and I'm not liking it now. But it's not a deal breaker; just a minor annoyance.
 
Amazon is selling the game again it seems.

Link
Standard - $60
Digital Deluxe - $80
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I like PvE, but adding the PvP dimension to within the PvE makes it more fun. Not everyone likes it and that's perfectly fine, but the excitement that PvP "Can" bring by mixed it in with PvE makes it fun. I know sPvP and WvW are in game, but it's like whole separate game.
 
I've been in perfectly smooth saturated WvW battles.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game (for better or for worse) actually throttles what's displayed on your screen. Models will actually disappear if you reach the saturation limit. This is immediately obvious in large WvW battles as well as large group events.

Prove it. Keep battle, 75+ people on the walls or on a bridge, 50+ fps at max settings. Shadows/reflections off and normal sampling is okay.

My 2600k @ 4.8, an OC'd 7950 pushing a single 1900x1200 montor and GW2 on a game only Sandisk Extreme gets 30fps in large encounters with those settings. Turn settings to lowest, 31 fps. Turn settings to highest, 29 fps. All this while CPU and GPU load does not exceed 40%. My OC'd 6950 got the same exact FPS. OC'ing to 5ghz nets no performance increase either.
 
Back
Top