The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

You must never have gotten any gold weapons in BL1 then... I got far better weapons in BL1 than I've seen in BL2.

Yeah, same.

The only legendary weapon I have is the Royal Deliverance. I don't use it, but I've saved it. I've pretty much sold everything else I've gotten. Although, the Bladed Emperor was good for a quick thrill.

I have had better drops in bl2 than i ever did in bl1. so far at lvl i have gotten the bee. 5 times, the fabled tortoise once 2 assault rifles and a smg. and if you put enough money into the slots it pays off. i got an orange AR at lvl 46 and at 50.

You must never have gotten any gold weapons in BL1 then... I got far better weapons in BL1 than I've seen in BL2.

I had at least one gold in BL1 . Shotgun from the very first boss. It was good. But I also have good guns in BL2. Gold and normal ones. I see no problem and do not understand complains about drop rates.

It's because the best guns are always from the bosses and megabosses, and even then it almost has to be a legendary to be any good. Everything else is vendor trash, even when it's blue or purple. Every now and then you might find a really good blue or purple, but to be honest I think it may almost be because there is such a variance in stats even in the blues and purples. BL1 vending machines actually had good items a lot of time, now they almost never do. I can count on one hand how many times I've bought anything out of the vending machines in BL2 which is sad considering I've reached 50 on my main character, which is something I never even managed to accomplish in the 1st.

You sometimes get good items from the slots, but even that is hit or miss. Money in BL2 serves no purpose other than gambling TBH, and if dying didn't lose you money I would probably be insanely rich already.

Good observation, re: money. I've never gotten anything good from the slot machines aside from a nice purple gun long ago. Forgot what it was though.

It's because the best guns are always from the bosses and megabosses, and even then it almost has to be a legendary to be any good. Everything else is vendor trash, even when it's blue or purple. Every now and then you might find a really good blue or purple, but to be honest I think it may almost be because there is such a variance in stats even in the blues and purples. BL1 vending machines actually had good items a lot of time, now they almost never do. I can count on one hand how many times I've bought anything out of the vending machines in BL2 which is sad considering I've reached 50 on my main character, which is something I never even managed to accomplish in the 1st.

You sometimes get good items from the slots, but even that is hit or miss. Money in BL2 serves no purpose other than gambling TBH, and if dying didn't lose you money I would probably be insanely rich already.

Yup, the truth is that in BL1 you had to use your money wisely... because every now and then a very good item would appear on the machines and you'd be hard pressed not to buy it if you could.

In BL2? Forget about the machines. The good part is that you level up a lot quicker but, besides... looting is much boring, since orange items are easier to find*

*not easier in general, but provided you know which boss drops which weapon, it makes for finding stuff a lot easier. In BL1? I killed that damn Crawmerax more than 100 times and still was missing a ton of oranges...

I don't really remember how scaling was in BL1, but in BL2 one of the main problems is that, coupled with the extremely low drop rates, scaling is so drastic that epic equipment (even legendaries) is useless within 3-5 levels.

I've decided to go clear my backlog of games. Borderlands 2 is being ignored and is not happy about it. I feel the draw of it's power!

I've actually kinda petered out on BL2 about halfway through the DLC. Farmed The Warrior a bit on PT1 and haven't really even started PT2 yet. Not really feeling the low drop rates coupled with massive lag spikes at certain areas, just doesn't make the game feel worth continuing.

I've actually kinda petered out on BL2 about halfway through the DLC. Farmed The Warrior a bit on PT1 and haven't really even started PT2 yet. Not really feeling the low drop rates coupled with massive lag spikes at certain areas, just doesn't make the game feel worth continuing.

The game starts after PT1. Give it a chance. Lag spikes have gotten better here. Not gone, but only a problem in Captain Scarlett.

Pitchford just tweeted that news on the next DLC is inbound within two days.

Also looking forward to see what the DLC brings, but TBH I can't help but feel like they are putting more emphasis on pushing DLC rather than actually fixing issues with the game. Yes, they just released a patch, but not all of the changes were necessarily welcome and there are still plenty of issues left.

IMO they need to:

-Fix performance with PhysX in places like Thousand Cuts (yeah, I know not all of you experience this, but I do and there's a massive GBX thread of people who do as well. TBH it was not that big of a problem until a few of the first patches rolled out, which somehow made it worse).

-Improve drop rates (just a little)

-Increase bank size (they said unlimited storage before game released, now it's laughably tiny)

Hopefully the DLC will include a level cap increase and more uses for Eridium.

Those are some good points, but I hardly think that's worthy of cutting DLC development to fix.

- PhysX performance is mostly okay for me, no show-stoppers here.
- Drop rates do suck. I managed to find an awesome Ravager shotgun off a Super Badass yesterday -- first usable weapon in a LONG time.
- Bank size is an absolute joke. 14 total slots or am I on crack? But, again, ultimately not a huge deal breaker
- Level cap increase and more uses for Eridium besides raid boss harvesting wouldn't be so bad.

Why do you need bank at all?

Store cool/legendary guns? Keep some for other characters? There are tons of reasons...

Right now it's at 16 max I believe. The last patch inadvertently cut it down to 14 but it was hotfixed soon after.

I guess my overall point is that it seems like they are totally ignoring the community and just doing whatever the fuck they want. Not really a good way to run development. It almost comes as more of an insult due to that "PC love letter" they released talking about all the awesome PC-only features. Yeah, those made the game great mechanically, but now it's time to focus on gameplay and fun level.

I think I may have :p

I tried Hyperius once, on my lvl 35 assassin, it ended well...

Sounds like you haven't been farming Hyperius on PT2.5 or even attempted this futile effort.

Store cool/legendary guns? Keep some for other characters? There are tons of reasons...

Right now it's at 16 max I believe. The last patch inadvertently cut it down to 14 but it was hotfixed soon after.

I guess my overall point is that it seems like they are totally ignoring the community and just doing whatever the fuck they want. Not really a good way to run development. It almost comes as more of an insult due to that "PC love letter" they released talking about all the awesome PC-only features. Yeah, those made the game great mechanically, but now it's time to focus on gameplay and fun level.

^ this. A quote from Pitchford might have been taken out of context but he commented once that in BL2 you would be able to store infinite weapons ... and when taken with a grain of salt, I never expected to have infinite storage but I did expect to at least have enough bank space to keep all the unique quest rewards through all the playthroughs.

Agreed. Plus the fact that your backpack is almost twice as large as your bank...just plain silly.

Almost makes me want to hack the game to get 100+ bank space like some people have done.

I never expected to have infinite storage but I did expect to at least have enough bank space to keep all the unique quest rewards through all the playthroughs.

If you level to a point where your quest rewards are no longer useful, what is advantageous about keeping them? The only explanation I can see if to use it on another play through... but your going to be given the chance to earn them again anyway if it's a quest reward. Sort of seems like virtual hoarding :p

If you level to a point where your quest rewards are no longer useful, what is advantageous about keeping them? The only explanation I can see if to use it on another play through... but your going to be given the chance to earn them again anyway if it's a quest reward. Sort of seems like virtual hoarding :p

Given the low drop rates of decent stuff, you may want to keep some purples/legendaries at various levels for other characters, or a variety of class mods or something. 16 is just simply too few. Plus, transferring between characters is a massive pain with the tiny 4-slot shared storage as well.

Considering it's not a PvP game that requires balance, it's really just about making the game more fun. Forcing you to throw away potentially good items and spend a bunch of time swapping characters to transfer stuff is not fun.

you guys actually used the bank?

I never had to used it. I would never find anything worth keeping to use later on or if I did, I just left it in the inventory. If the weapon wasn't useful, it was left behind even quest rewards because they would often never be as useful as what I had or their usefulness just runs out and I drop it.

Given the low drop rates of decent stuff, you may want to keep some purples/legendaries at various levels for other characters, or a variety of class mods or something. 16 is just simply too few. Plus, transferring between characters is a massive pain with the tiny 4-slot shared storage as well.

Maybe I'm alone here, but to me recycling weapons sort of ruins the fun of looting. Finding rare loot is exiting, pulling weapons I've already used out of a locker is not.

Maybe I'm alone here, but to me recycling weapons sort of ruins the fun of looting. Finding rare loot is exiting, pulling weapons I've already used out of a locker is not.

If the drop rates weren't so abysmal I would totally agree with you. :p

A quote from Pitchford might have been taken out of context but he commented once that in BL2 you would be able to store infinite weapons ... and when taken with a grain of salt, I never expected to have infinite storage but I did expect to at least have enough bank space to keep all the unique quest rewards through all the playthroughs.

Pitchford is a liar. Can't trust one word that comes out of his mouth.

I haven't played this multiplayer much, but hooooly crap is it always screwed up in multiplayer?

First time a friend joined my game so of course I had no problems, I also have 10Mbps upstream so I should be OK. I joined a friend's game tonight and stuff got screwy when we had to fight a boss character and I couldn't see it, I just fired where I thought it was; this was in Caustic Caverns. Then, I couldn't see the minecart and the doors weren't opening but I could walk through them and finally I couldn't access vending machines.

you guys actually used the bank?

I hate having to sell level 50 legendary weapons. On top of that you need space for various relic and class mods for different situations.

I need my Underdome back!

I haven't played this multiplayer much, but hooooly crap is it always screwed up in multiplayer?

First time a friend joined my game so of course I had no problems, I also have 10Mbps upstream so I should be OK. I joined a friend's game tonight and stuff got screwy when we had to fight a boss character and I couldn't see it, I just fired where I thought it was; this was in Caustic Caverns. Then, I couldn't see the minecart and the doors weren't opening but I could walk through them and finally I couldn't access vending machines.

I have 180 hours in multiplayer by now and it only happened a few times that we had to restart the game because of too much lag or sync issues, never any invisible enemies like you experienced. 99.9% of the time, it is completely playable. 50% of the time I do see crazy micro stutter on friends character when running. But once the battle begins, I cant see it anymore. Too much going on. Other times the other player moves completely fluid, so there is some sort of problem. Try port forwarding and or allowing it in your firewalls.

My BL2 just crashed and I lost all of my game data for three characters. Anyone know of a fix?

that is where steam cloud should be useful

but your games should be stored in a folder like:

C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\XXXXXXX

the first x will be your username and the second x will be some number

uninstalled and reinstalled game and files showed back up.. Probably an easier way to do it, but it worked. Thanks.

I'm really pleased to see how quickly Gearbox is getting this DLC out. I still haven't finished my first playthrough. I'm close, but it will be nice that I can get at least two of the DLC's completed before I finish. Then I can sit tight and enjoy some other games, and start up PL2 once the other two DLCs have been released.

People are talking about a 5-6 AM EST launch time US.

Nothing here in the EU as of 12:00 hours :( ...on my day off. COME ON Mr. Torgue!

It looks like XBOX people are already playing the DLC. I will play on te weekend because it is the time when I allow myself to play games. Otherwise I will waste whole my time playing :)

People are talking about a 5-6 AM EST launch time US.

Nothing here in the EU as of 12:00 hours :( ...on my day off. COME ON Mr. Torgue!

8AM EST here and nothing yet. Seems to be up for PS3 and 360 already, so I can't imagine it will be long.

I hate threshers, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed them, but someone deserves to be beat daily for them, I can curb stomp every other enemy in the game, but a thresher will kill me for 30 fucking minutes straight.

It also annoys me that 360/ps3 players have the dlc already.

I hate threshers, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed them, but someone deserves to be beat daily for them, I can curb stomp every other enemy in the game, but a thresher will kill me for 30 fucking minutes straight.

It also annoys me that 360/ps3 players have the dlc already.

I never had problems with killing threshers. Though, I do not really like those kind of enemies.

I never had problems with killing threshers. Though, I do not really like those kind of enemies.

Except for Super Badass Pyre Threshers. Those things are death incarnate. Flaming Death Incarnate would have been a good name for them.

It is the stupid tentacles that travel 300 feet beating me down behind a container that is pissing me off.

Back