The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

Duval just tweeted that an update is on steam. anyone check the patch notes? at work can't check it.

Borderlands 2 Update 1.1.3
- Added a toggle for whether textures should fade or pop in when a higher-resolution version loads. High-end computers can disable this to avoid seeing lower-resolution textures streaming in.
- Added the ability to reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. Resetting is available on the "challenges" screen of the status menu and will display as a tooltip at the bottom of the screen if the player has met the criteria.
- Fixed a bug where profile files set to "read only" were not being saved.
- Fixed a performance issue in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty content with PhysX set to Medium or High.

I don't know about anyone else, but PL2 has just been kicking my ass as I've gotten closer to the end. It's silly how many shots some of even the most low level bandit take, and my 40k sheilds are gone in one or two shots. I farmed bunk3r casually for a day and a half trying to gear up, and Sawtooth was still just a miserable son of a b to get through.

Luckily though, I got a lvl 50 bee now and I'm tearing though everything. I can take bunk3r down in less than a minute, it's pretty funny. I must be lucky, cause I've managed to get a bee shield from hellquist on the first try in both play throughs.

grr it reset many of my settings even though the launcher indicated they were not changed. once I fired up the game looked in the video options though I saw the changes which of course I adjusted back to my liking.

I also notice performance had tanked even on the same settings I was using before. the patch had turned back on the black outline which was the culprit so I had to go to that ini file to turn that back off. all is good now.

I finished PT1 and am half way through the DLC and decided to check my PhysX level. I just found out it defaulted to Low when I first started the game, so I've been playing all this time with virtually no Physx effects. I immediately cranked it to High and could see the sparks and debris I had been missing. However, I noticed there was quite a performance hit so I'm debating whether the eye candy is worth me upgrading to a 670. Honestly, the Physx effects are nice, but they don't do anything for my enjoyment of the gameplay.

they are cool but in some places like caustic caverns they tend to make the game unplayable

Maybe a stupid question, but how do I fix this without deleting the entire game?

DLC%20Corrupt%20BL2.png

Kyle, if you've already done the "verify local install files" in steam, there is a DLC folder in the install directory, I'd zip it up (to be safe) then delete the folder. Steam should then redownload the DLC. Probably worth backing up the save files too.

Had that once when the mechro pack came out. Sorry I can't give you the exact folder location as I'm at work.

All of my settings were reset too once I fired up the game last night. Kinda annoying.

I finished PT1 and am half way through the DLC and decided to check my PhysX level. I just found out it defaulted to Low when I first started the game, so I've been playing all this time with virtually no Physx effects. I immediately cranked it to High and could see the sparks and debris I had been missing. However, I noticed there was quite a performance hit so I'm debating whether the eye candy is worth me upgrading to a 670. Honestly, the Physx effects are nice, but they don't do anything for my enjoyment of the gameplay.

I'm on a 470, and I can handle PhysX just fine, except Caustic Caverns is a little on the choppy side, and that whirlpool in the dam really tanks the FPS whenever I'm near it.

Thanks, did the verify, it saw two corrupted files, said it would "reacquire" those. Will see.

I don't know about anyone else, but PL2 has just been kicking my ass as I've gotten closer to the end. It's silly how many shots some of even the most low level bandit take, and my 40k sheilds are gone in one or two shots. I farmed bunk3r casually for a day and a half trying to gear up, and Sawtooth was still just a miserable son of a b to get through.

Luckily though, I got a lvl 50 bee now and I'm tearing though everything. I can take bunk3r down in less than a minute, it's pretty funny. I must be lucky, cause I've managed to get a bee shield from hellquist on the first try in both play throughs.

I've killed that son of a bitch about 25 times and I've yet to see a Bee. Hell, I've yet to see a blue drop off him.

finally got my issues sorted out -- I deleted the entire folder located in the Users/Appdata/blah blah blah

My key bindings finally stick - and my character automatically loads.

Sad that I did lose my level 30 Gunzerker to the Badass rank bug - (all my badass points and unlocks are gone even though it clearly shows the I've completed some on the right hand side)

I play at 1920X1080p all settings on MAX except PhysX (i keep it on medium) - capped at 60FPS

Game is buttery smooth, even with the huge whirlpool, and pipes spewing liquid my frames never start to studder. I suppose a 7970 and i5 @ 4.5Ghz helps quite a bit.

The physX effects are pretty cool - but I'd never buy a dedicated nvidia card just to have them, I get the same effects with my CPU implementation of them with zero slowdown :)

Guys, how to download and start scarlet DLC? I bought a season pass on Steam. I do not see DLC in Steam as a game but I see DLC as an available "not yet downloade" downloadable content in the game itself. How do I download it and start playing it?

Guys, how to download and start scarlet DLC? I bought a season pass on Steam. I do not see DLC in Steam as a game but I see DLC as an available "not yet downloade" downloadable content in the game itself. How do I download it and start playing it?

had the same issue. Just click on the BL 2 DLC link in steam and it should download. Once in the Game you need to teleport to the Cove.

shift codes from facebook.

PC SHiFT Code: WTC33-SBCCT-35CCJ-ZBW3T-CJX66
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 535TB-FK5S5-6Z6JR-KFJ3B-R6RSC
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CTWBB-XHX35-5FJT3-JJ33T-KSTBB

in PT2.5, bee shield, playing solo, but with the 4 player mod. The game is fun and challenging. The bee shield makes minions easy but hordes and bosses, not so much. I have the baby SMG, getting knocked down it acts as a strong mirv and it can easily kill badasses. fun stuff.

You rock! Hadn't realized that the FB keys were different than the Twitter keys. That gives us 10 possible this weekend if we catch them all. Someone with FB post the others as they come in.:cool:

First Twitter key:
PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WTKJJ-566JC-WXJT3-BTJT3-6BTBH

90 min left from this post for round 1 keys.

2nd set of FB keys.
PC SHiFT Code: CJ5JJ-TC55J-BKK5T-ZJCJB-BFXXX
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WT53J-Z5WZC-6Z6J6-CRTJJ-XBJHS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: K353B-99F3K-CXJTT-3JJ3J-36KH5

Those codes will be active from 11PM CT on October 26 to 2AM CT on October 27

Next Twitter key:

PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KJWT3-FXFBC-5XJJB-TTB3T-6TRCH [Active for 3 Hours]

I got bored and farmed Hunter Helquist at level 32...three attempts and I got the Bee. Super low capacity (like 1/4 of my current shield) but it's so ridiculous how much damage you do with it. Recharge rate is pretty insane as well.

Wow. Even with the updates about the shift codes I *still* miss every single one. FML.

Did PT1 , farmed final boss 3 times and started DLC Captain Scarlet.

WTF, I'm level 37 and all enemies in DLC are level 29-32. It is too easy and all missions of a Trivial complexity. What can I do to make it more complex?

Did PT1 , farmed final boss 3 times and started DLC Captain Scarlet.

WTF, I'm level 37 and all enemies in DLC are level 29-32. It is too easy and all missions of a Trivial complexity. What can I do to make it more complex?
if you finish PT2 around level 41 or 42.

when i did the DLC i think the mobs were in that range.

Back