The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

I like claptrap. : \
BorderlandsDLCClapTrap_LOGO.png

Normally I would agree with this but since I didn't do many of the side quests PT2 is MUCH more challenging and rewarding IMHO. I would recommend playing just the story and no DLC in PT1 and then taking your sweet time with side quests and DLC on PT2. The enemies and weapons are just that much more enjoyable. The AI is more aggressive and you never feel OP unless you are many levels above.

But if you do the side quests in PT 2, don't you lose out on them in pt 2.5?

I killed the warrior 8 times yesterday, with the four player hack. No oranges, 1 purple per kill and 2-3 blues. Did he get nerfed or did I just have shit luck?

There is a point. I did main story , all side quests , DLC and ended up at level 45. I want to beat teramorphous but I need to be level 50. And I do not want to do PT2 because for me it is the same old game I already played.

Well bro, your guns will suck... You'll need to do PL2 to at least get some lvl50 weapon goodness...

Last edited:
I killed the warrior 8 times yesterday, with the four player hack. No oranges, 1 purple per kill and 2-3 blues. Did he get nerfed or did I just have shit luck?

Bad luck. I got an orange and a few blues/purples on the first kill, only one player and no hack. Though I hear that subsequent kills have a worse chance to drop good loot versus the first kill, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not (got a Bee out of Hunter Helquist on the third try).

But if you do the side quests in PT 2, don't you lose out on them in pt 2.5?

Yes but I personally won't even bother with 2.5 PT. I'm already weary of leveling three characters and loot farming. Once I complete PT2 and hit level 50 I might be done with Borderlands 2 until more DLC's come out.

its not that hes not going to sell you them.. its that they arn't available in the vending machine. For the most part, i never see a gun in the vending machine thats worth buying. but in BL1, they were there all the time, most of the time a higher level then you. The Guns Vending machines are pretty much useless IMO.

I loved that in the first game. The vending machines always had something worth buying. Everytime I saw 'Shops have new inverntory' I would rush to see what they had. The item of the day was also kick ass, sometimes even orange! Shops here in BL2 are disappointing as shit, nothing worth looking forward to.

Seems to me they basically improved every aspect of the game except gore and loot tables, both of which are heavily disappointing compared to BL1.

Seems to me they basically improved every aspect of the game except gore and loot tables, both of which are heavily disappointing compared to BL1.

Agreed! They gimped shops, drops, items of the day, red chests, sheilds. I dont get the thing about the shields, no matter what capacity it is you go down in seconds, like WTF was the point of a shield to begin with.

Agreed! They gimped shops, drops, items of the day, red chests, sheilds. I dont get the thing about the shields, no matter what capacity it is you go down in seconds, like WTF was the point of a shield to begin with.

This, this, aaaaannnnd this. I don't know how many times i've yelled "why the hell do I even have a shield!? I still don't get why they gimped the hell out of the drops, Christ I'm sick of farming some of these bosses.

This is so true, every bit of it. There are so many guns now but most of them are nearly the exact same. I have only bought one thing from the vending machines and that was a rocket launcher and even then I was sorry I bought it because it was crap really.

And sheilds are a joke, I have completely stopped looking for ones with high capicity and started looking for ones that add health or do damage when depleted. I even went so far as to do tests on shields. When fighting lab rats that were 4 levels under me I let them shoot me and see how far it took my shields down. Each time they hit me, they took all my sheilds and left me with 10% of my health. Then I tried a higher capicity shield and the same thing happened, left with 10% of my health. One shield was 2500, the other was 6000. I did this loads of times to see if it was just a fluke or not.

And what the hell was the point with eridium? The black market idea was a load of crap.

I still think I preferred the first game. Loot was better for a start because guns and stuff were varied enough to keep things interesting. Chests were worth opening. Take the chest that is in the Crimson raider hideout. I was full sure that, finally, a chest would have a gun I would keep. Nope, it was a crap blue rocket launcher. Vending machines crap, chests crap. The only decent guns I have got are from the golden chest, the slot machines and some mob drops.

I really think it's because of the Gazillions guns. Because there are so many guns, you are more likely to get something similar to what you have then you are to get something good.

Bad luck. I got an orange and a few blues/purples on the first kill, only one player and no hack. Though I hear that subsequent kills have a worse chance to drop good loot versus the first kill, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not (got a Bee out of Hunter Helquist on the third try).

Mate, first time you kill warrior you ALWAYS get an orange drop :D

This is so true, every bit of it. There are so many guns now but most of them are nearly the exact same. I have only bought one thing from the vending machines and that was a rocket launcher and even then I was sorry I bought it because it was crap really.

And sheilds are a joke, I have completely stopped looking for ones with high capicity and started looking for ones that add health or do damage when depleted. I even went so far as to do tests on shields. When fighting lab rats that were 4 levels under me I let them shoot me and see how far it took my shields down. Each time they hit me, they took all my sheilds and left me with 10% of my health. Then I tried a higher capicity shield and the same thing happened, left with 10% of my health. One shield was 2500, the other was 6000. I did this loads of times to see if it was just a fluke or not.

And what the hell was the point with eridium? The black market idea was a load of crap.

I still think I preferred the first game. Loot was better for a start because guns and stuff were varied enough to keep things interesting. Chests were worth opening. Take the chest that is in the Crimson raider hideout. I was full sure that, finally, a chest would have a gun I would keep. Nope, it was a crap blue rocket launcher. Vending machines crap, chests crap. The only decent guns I have got are from the golden chest, the slot machines and some mob drops.

I really think it's because of the Gazillions guns. Because there are so many guns, you are more likely to get something similar to what you have then you are to get something good.

Totally agree wit you guys. This game is weird... REALLY weird... I only use different types of weapons because If I didn't, I'd be running out of ammo all the time, seriously.

Also, BL1 was far more difficult, specially in certain areas in which your ass was kicked once and again no matter what you tried, unless you farmed severly and were ready with proper elemental weapons. I'm talking about the cristal cavern, almost at the beginning of the game, that was full of Alpha skags. Does anybody remember the kind of weaponry you needed to take out one of those bastards? I do... you better had something corrosive... and normally, at that level, (almost start of the game, you still were in Fyrestone xd ), you didn't. I remember having my ass kicked so many times... and also, there were many places around that you could go but all the enemies had skulls on their names... and you would get raped. In BL2 no matter where you go nobody rapes you that bad nor out-matches you so much. Again, in Old Haven (or what is New Haven?), for BL1, the map was infestated of very big, very powerful Crimson Lance guys that raped you so badly you had to run most of the time.

And the chests.... yup, its even stupid to look into them. I don't know, there are many things wrong in BL2, the first one being... its not as hard as the first one.

Mate, first time you kill warrior you ALWAYS get an orange drop :D

Totally agree wit you guys. This game is weird... REALLY weird... I only use different types of weapons because If I didn't, I'd be running out of ammo all the time, seriously.

Also, BL1 was far more difficult, specially in certain areas in which your ass was kicked once and again no matter what you tried, unless you farmed severly and were ready with proper elemental weapons. I'm talking about the cristal cavern, almost at the beginning of the game, that was full of Alpha skags. Does anybody remember the kind of weaponry you needed to take out one of those bastards? I do... you better had something corrosive... and normally, at that level, (almost start of the game, you still were in Fyrestone xd ), you didn't. I remember having my ass kicked so many times... and also, there were many places around that you could go but all the enemies had skulls on their names... and you would get raped. In BL2 no matter where you go nobody rapes you that bad nor out-matches you so much. Again, in Old Haven (or what is New Haven?), for BL1, the map was infestated of very big, very powerful Crimson Lance guys that raped you so badly you had to run most of the time.

And the chests.... yup, its even stupid to look into them. I don't know, there are many things wrong in BL2, the first one being... its not as hard as the first one.

Those alpha skags in that damn cave were a dick.

Do you guys pick up a bunch of crap and sell it off to hoard cash?

I'll clear out an area and if there's a vending machine nearby I'll grab what crappy weapons I can and sell them off. I'm level 12 or 13 now and I stick with the same weapon for a while before I actually find one worthy of replacing them.

I see Eridium mentioned above and was curious as to what all it was about, thinking maybe I needed to save it but I'm guessing it's JUST for that black market dealer in Sanctuary? I went ahead and blew a bunch of it on backpack space and bank space.

The whole 'infinite number of guns' thing just reminds me of Skyrim's radiant quest system. It's essentially the same crap.

the black market dealer and unlocking invincible bosses (terramorphous, hyperious and master gee). once you get all the upgrades it is useless until level 50 because you will not succeed at taking those bosses on. so yeah, blow it all. if you want, get into a game were someone is fighting warrior, and you can collect 100s of them.

Just played a little co-op with some friends...fun stuff, enemies have a LOT more health, even with the Bee I wasn't able to just faceroll everything. I was level 35 and they were both 30 BTW, and it was their game so everything was 5 levels lower or so.

Drops are also WAY better in co-op, which is I guess why the 4-player trick works.

hmmm -- I'll have to google this 4player trick/hack thing...

I work a weird schedule so can't exactly play with known friends -- I could always try to find a random game, but that's not too much fun.

Level 28 commando here -- loving the game so far.

Can you go back to the Cave? I went back the door was locked to the room with all the chests.

Yes, somebody showed me how to get back in today :p. You can hop your way there from by the eye of the end boss. There is a glitch or possible deliberate way to still get in although you can't figure it out without being shown.

Let me try, lol.

Jump on his arm
Head towards the head
You will hit an invisible wall
Keep jumping while slowly strafing left
Once you get up to platform
Line yourself up with a line in the rocks to the right
Make a jump onto the rocks
Run up the mountain boulders
Leap over a gap
Fall down into treasure room
Loot all the treasure :p.

Told you it is hard to explain .

Again, in Old Haven (or what is New Haven?), for BL1, the map was infestated of very big, very powerful Crimson Lance guys that raped you so badly you had to run most of the time.
I agree that the first game was more challenging. However, I thought that the first time I went to Lynchwood was almost as challenging as the first time I went to Old Haven. Also, I found the Hyperion Circle of Slaughter to be tougher than any arenas in the first game (save Moxxi).

The thing that shocked me in BL2 was how easy the bosses were. There were standard combats that were challenging (like anything involving constructors), but almost all of the bosses were very easy.

I finished the few missions in Oasis.. but no "end"? Where do I get these other missions to get to the end?

Thank you for sharing the info. Much easier way than having to do a save swap.

Yes, somebody showed me how to get back in today :p. You can hop your way there from by the eye of the end boss. There is a glitch or possible deliberate way to still get in although you can't figure it out without being shown.

Let me try, lol.

Jump on his arm
Head towards the head
You will hit an invisible wall
Keep jumping while slowly strafing left
Once you get up to platform
Line yourself up with a line in the rocks to the right
Make a jump onto the rocks
Run up the mountain boulders
Leap over a gap
Fall down into treasure room
Loot all the treasure :p.

Told you it is hard to explain .

Thank you for sharing the info. Much easier way than having to do a save swap.

If you have a co-op buddy you don't need to save swap. The whole "Fixed a bug where profile files set to “read only” were not being saved." patch note was utterly pointless, instead of setting it read only you just go to the security tab and edit your file permissions to deny writes, and even if they ever made the game change file permissions you could just give ownership of the save file to a different user account and deny both writes and permission changes.

I want to start farming for good shit. Now my question is, I'm level 41 not 50, yet... So, do i have to be Level 50 before i can get these good legendaries?

I want to start farming for good shit. Now my question is, I'm level 41 not 50, yet... So, do i have to be Level 50 before i can get these good legendaries?

Legendaries at your level will be worthless before you hit 50.

I'm level 50. How do you guys kill terramorphous. Maximum I was able to get is maybe kill it to 30% health.

I just completed the entire game and the DLC and I am at level 38. At this point all of the enemies are ridiculously easy and I am getting nearly zero XP. Am I forced to play through a second time to get increased XP and get to 50?

I just completed the entire game and the DLC and I am at level 38. At this point all of the enemies are ridiculously easy and I am getting nearly zero XP. Am I forced to play through a second time to get increased XP and get to 50?

Yep, be prepared for a challenge though, most enemies dish out enough damage to kill you in only a few shots or less, and some of them can be serious bullet sponges until you find some more powerful weapons.

If you do not want to play same old game in PT2 just try some coop online games. Choose games with slightlu higher level players. Say level 39, 40.

It will be tough, fun and you will level up your character very fast.

so how exactly does the online gaming work? I never get anything when browsing. I can quick join games and that sometimes works. A person joined my game once. I have tried seeing if there are any ports to be opened but did not find any aside from "it uses steam". Well, I used to play TF2 fine...

Back