The Lian Li Gallery

pcx500b1.jpg

aww.. I hate to see such a nice case have to be ghetto modded after how good the rest of it looks. One of these will do the trick and give it a nice clean OEM look.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ct_info&manufacturers_id=37&products_id=23950

Now, really, is this Lian Li PSU extender that much better looking than stringing a few mobo studs together? The extender sticks out way more than is needed and no one ever sees the rear anyways.

I actually like the mobo studs better... For some reason I think that it looks really awesome. Just my opinion though.

@ yenniedn - You are making me look bad.. haha I agree that the studs are better looking though. And you have $20 in your pocket. It pays off when you are creative with what you have.

Btw this extender almost seems like it was exclusivly made for my case because it is the perfect distance distance away from the 80mm fan so that I can use my modular cables. Those people who think it is too long are not using one of the older Lian Li's with the fan on top or they would understand why it is the length that it is.

Now, really, is this Lian Li PSU extender that much better looking than stringing a few mobo studs together? The extender sticks out way more than is needed and no one ever sees the rear anyways.

I disagree with you there. The case with the mobo screws already has a look that the motherboard screws help apeal to. Might just be me, but i like the screws better

I'm really thinking about upgrading to a better Lian Li or Silverstone case that has more room. (which is why nothing is organized right now)
I ordered a Lancool (Lian Li) PC-K7B Mid-Tower today and I will post pics once I get the case and set everything up hopefully sometime next week.

@ yenniedn - You are making me look bad.. haha I agree that the studs are better looking though. And you have $20 in your pocket. It pays off when you are creative with what you have.

Btw this extender almost seems like it was exclusivly made for my case because it is the perfect distance distance away from the 80mm fan so that I can use my modular cables. Those people who think it is too long are not using one of the older Lian Li's with the fan on top or they would understand why it is the length that it is.

Sorry - wasn't trying to make you look bad or anything. I think the PSU extender is fine and definitely serves it purpose (well). I was only trying to make a point that the same can be accomplished with little parts you already have lying around - without have to order a part that I don't want/need/like anyways. You case looks good :)

I disagree with you there. The case with the mobo screws already has a look that the motherboard screws help apeal to. Might just be me, but i like the screws better

I think you're a little confused on this one; you have to go back a few pages to get the details. The case with HX1000W and mobo studs serving as the PSU extender is MINE - it's a PC-X500. A couple of posters replied to my previous photos stating, essentially, that the mobo screws ruined the look of an otherwise nice build. My counter points were that the PSU extender stuck out too much and that no one (not even me most of the time) would ever see the rear of my case - so why bother. Then silent hero happened to post pics of the said LL PSU extender in use with his case so I quoted the two pics (mine and his) as comparison.

Beyond that, the idea wasn't even mine. I got it from 2red (I think) in the thread dedicated to the PC-X500 case - so I can't/don't even take credit for it.

Technically mine is still a Lian Li, so...

Here it is before:

Original.jpg

Not sure which model it is - got in 2000 or so.

Here it is currently:

front_007.jpg

It is still a work in progress.

-=WooDWorKeR420=-, woodn't the best approach to this "problem" be to start from Lian-Li web-site, narrow down your choices and then, if in doubt, ask about advantages/shortcomings of your 2-3 top-of-the-list candidates?

Very True!
Well Here are the top 3 candadates:

PC-V1010
PC-V2010
PC-A7010

Im not a huge fan of doors on cases, but i do like them to be as quiet as possible. I would really like a case that has GREAT wire management capabilities, and obviously room for future expansion.

I am open to any other suggestions that I may have overlooked.

TIA

PC-V1010
PC-V2010
PC-A7010

Im not a huge fan of doors on cases, but i do like them to be as quiet as possible. I would really like a case that has GREAT wire management capabilities, and obviously room for future expansion.

PC-Vxxxx cases have most of these, except one - " GREAT wire management capabilities". Now that is where PC-Vxxxx fails, because if you want to hide cables behind your motherboard you need to start your dremel, and cut a small hole for cables in divider plate in part behind the MB tray.

A little mod on my v1000z. Lian-Li should of done this at the factory.

Hehh, you not the first one ;)

Also remove those hot swap boards... SATA HDDs don't get the proper power trough those... Unless you really like those...

Oh I know. I just had to build up the courage to do it.

Where did you hear that those SATA backplates don't deliver enough power? I have two drive running without any problems.

Proper, I did not said "enough" It's my opinion anyway... In my situation where i have six HDDs I would not trust just one single molex plug... Unless you connect only one molex from single cable) My PSU has two separate cables, one has only three SATA power plugs. Well you get the picture :p

Vlad_13, I think in your case the problem might not be the SATA backplane. It might be the PSU rail the molex connector you chose to power the drives draws current from. Yout PSU has like 4 rails. While I agree it would have been wise on the Lian-Li's part to have two power plugs for 2 cages, I'd try with a single rail PSU.

That's an IBM Model-M... I doubt he'd wanna upgrade if he's still using that considering it will last longer than any keyboard out today really...

I got one in my closet, only problem is it's kinda loud :) and it's beige... I've been in the process of dying the plastic pieces black, painting the case, and replacing the coiled cable with a straight black one... But got lazy...

Das Keyboard Pro is insanely great to type on... if I wasn't using this Logitech Illuminated that would be my next choice... either that or a Deck.

Das Keyboard Pro is insanely great to type on... if I wasn't using this Logitech Illuminated that would be my next choice... either that or a Deck.
I have an 82-key Déck "Fire" keyboard. It has served me well and I like it. However, being that this is "The Lian-Li Gallery", maybe we could all get back to Lian-Li stuff, eh? Here's a previous incarnation of my PC, in a PC-6085B. I reused the dragon-shaped-window side panel in my current setup, but I miss those front-panel LED strips.

previous.jpg

Holy that looks great, like the blue liquid is alive and glowing...

*Lures in like a zombie*

Back