The Lian Li Gallery

I suppose you're all getting really tired of seeing my rig all the time, but I just got some new heatsinks and I'm just dying to share. If you don't like it, tell me so and I'll tell you to go shove it. :p

Picture046.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Oh and I thought I'd throw this in... my hard drive suspended by elastic. Yes, I know that's not the stock hard drive cage for the PC-7B; I got it separately from performance pcs and then cut off the sides of the stock one and velcroed them together. Isolates hard drive vibration completely. :D

Picture042.jpg

I never get tired of seeing your rig, it's just so clean and perfect.

If you do get tired of seeing his awesome rig, go look at it some more.

Thanks for the comments! The only downside to it is that its going to be pretty hard to service. I have found out after using it assembled the last few days that the chipset is running too hot without a cpu heatsink. It was black screening for a day, thats why one of the pics has a fan resting above it. Now i want to replace it :(

neogenesis2004 said:
just finished buildig this one:
*snip*

It is a PC-V300 all cut up inside and out. I removed the drive cage completely And mounted a radiator on top. I'm water cooling my Opteron 165 0610 (2.8Ghz, matx limiting :( ), and my x1900xt (715/775 MHz). It uses a GT series rad, alphacool topped ddc ultra, and 7/16" tubing all through. I modded a fan controller onto the front and that slot you see cut out on the right is a slimline DVD-RW mounted with a bracket I made. The sides I cut out from a blank V2000B side to replace the stock ones with dribebay cutouts. You can see worklog pics on my site http://filebox.vt.edu/users/gouldmab/v300

Brian

This is incredible. However, I have one thing that really bothers me about it, and thats the front slit for the cd romdrive. i know that would be a tough cut. Now that its built, im sure you'd not like this idea, but have you concidered widening it just a bit and then getting some thin rubber edging for it. Would make it look a little nicer methinks. Other than that... it looks exellent.

I do like the idea but I dont kow where I would get rubber channeling that thin. There is almost no room on the back of the front with the dvd bracket mounted. The slit however is already pretty wide, I wouldnt need to do any more widening. Its about 4 cds wide. I wanded to make it flat but the holes are all overlapping. If you can point me in the direction of some uber thin channeling strips (aka link me) then I'd be all for getting some.

ya ive used that stuff before also. It may be too thick though. I might be able to cut it in half though and use some sort of adhesive to hold it in placeover top of the metal. Its too thick to go between the drive and the front though.

neogenesis2004 said:
ya ive used that stuff before also. It may be too thick though. I might be able to cut it in half though and use some sort of adhesive to hold it in placeover top of the metal. Its too thick to go between the drive and the front though.

Are you sure you used that and not the larger molding PPCS carries? The edges of this are thich as a few pieces of paper.

Heres my LL

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

A64 3800+ @ 2.7
Asus m2n-e Am2
gigabyte 7600gs 256mb
512mb pc2 6400 pqi turbo
wd 80gb sata hd
thermalright ultra 90 w/masscool fan
thermaltake tr2 430w psu
and of course Lian Li Pc-65B

Not bad, but me and flat4 were the first two (that I can remember anyways) that had the interior's of our LiLi's painted black. Only difference was that I had the interior AND exterior both powder coated.

Nice to see a similar paintjob though, and nice, new hardware you got there. :)

You really shoud put a 2nd 80mm fan in back. It should help a bit, and its an incredibly easy mod.

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5

here are a few pics of the latest rebuild. i have yet to decide how i want to enclose the bottom section. i may get some black lexan with a few laser etchings or i may go with some black meshx panels. either of which will be purchased from Performance PC's. i bought a 6 in floppy cable hoping to replace that 10 in cable but it's about an inch too short :( i need to get another sata cable with a 90 degree bend and a power cable extension so i can use that last hdd. btw, the cathodes are not on very often but they were for the pics.

Pas said:
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5

here are a few pics of the latest rebuild. i have yet to decide how i want to enclose the bottom section. i may get some black lexan with a few laser etchings or i may go with some black meshx panels. either of which will be purchased from Performance PC's. i bought a 6 in floppy cable hoping to replace that 10 in cable but it's about an inch too short :( i need to get another sata cable with a 90 degree bend and a power cable extension so i can use that last hdd. btw, the cathodes are not on very often but they were for the pics.

Perfect. I love everything about the way to setup that case. You used it fully and everything has its place. The Bulgin at the front is just great too.

I'm starting on my first Lian-Li (V1000B+) right now.. I pretty much have everything mounted
and all my initial cables ran. I sleeved everything, cut some of my H2O tubing, and
slightly modded it. I turned the HDD cage around backwards so incase I need to swap
out drives, I don't have to disconnect my pump. Also, removed that stupid power supply
divider thing, cut out for 2x120 rad on top, fillport, and a 5/8 hole for my pump outlet on the
bottom of the 5.25 floor. I dremeled out the classic v1000/2000 cut spots behind the 5.25
part, and at the base of the mobo tray so I can easily run PSU/HDD cables behind it.

Here's how my WC loop will work from coolest water to warmest..
Rad Out --> Temp Sensor --> Flowmeter --> Reservoir --> Pump Intake --> Pump Outlet
--> CPU Block --> GPU Block --> Rad Intake.

The radiator (BIX2) is mounted on top, fans are going to be mounted inside the case
directly attached to the rad, although I didn't have them on in the pictures. You can see
the long screws that go thru the radiator where they will be mounted though. The fans
will pull cool air thru the radiator from the outside, then expell it out the rear exhaust fan.

I just have the pump unmounted right now sitting there. That is where its going to go
because I found that the best place to put it since its so huge. That T-line goes up to
the top of the case next to the radiator.. I guess that is probably the best place to put
the T-line in the loop. Everyone let me know how my loop looks so far. This is my
first time doing a water cooling computer. I'm looked at quite a few other machines here
on [H] for ideas before I put it together.

I'm going out right now to buy sound dampening material (black) to cover up most of
those shiny areas like the floor and the side of the 5.25'' rack.

For hardware, I think I'm going with the AM2 X2 4600+, 2GB Corsair XMS2/800 Pro, and
the Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe. For graphics I'll just do a 7900gt as a temp card until
DX10 comes out and Vista is here. (selling to my brother after so he can have SLI)
I MIGHT go the Conroe route, but that would mean waiting even longer for better mobo's,
seeing what is stable, etc.. Its kind of up in the air because of all the Conroe backorders
and lack of SLI/590 mobo's for Conroe. In the next 2-3 weeks, if they become available
I'll go that route.

Pics:

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Looks like you have your work cut out for you w1retap :cool:
Question..what kind of power supply are you going to use??
..I'm going to get a v1200 From Performance PC and let them do the most of the modding for me..I just bought hard drives this week 3/500GB WDC sata..1.5Tb..working on the small parts first if you can call that small.. :D :D :p

w1retap, that looks pretty good thus far. i used that neon green look in my 6070b.

darkside, i know you didn't ask me concerning the PSU but i have to offer my opinion. i hope you don't mind. you can't go wrong with a PC Power & Cooling unit. i'm using the 510 SLI model and it hasn't had the first hiccup yet. nothing beat a PC P&C PSU, in my opinion. a good second choice would be an OCZ 520 or higher model. i think you'd find that units by those two manufacturers are the most highly rated for "high-end" machines. the PC P&C 510 is sleaved already in black with white molexes. i'd definitely have hank swap out the whites for somethign different :). PC P&C support is great, also. i believe the units have a 5 year warranty. also, when i first purchased mine, i bought a non-SLI model since i was running an AGP card at the time. i hadn't had the psu a week when i decided to switch to an nF4 board. of course, the 20 to 24 pin and 4 to 6 pin adapters route was an option but not a highly recommended one. i called PC P&C and was told i could send my psu to them and it would be converted to a 510 SLI version. i had the converted unit in my hands within 7 working days! i lost my custom carbon and blue sleeving that Performance PCs had done but i expected that. the stock black looks pretty good, though :) anywho, that's my opinion and i'm sticking with it. :D

I updated the last 2 pix to include my sound dampening foam I just got installed. I went
to Michaels (crafts store) and got some of that craft foam that little kids make animal
shapes out of and stuff.. lol. It should quiet it down a little bit, but mostly I was just going
for the looks to darken up the case so it accents the UV colors more once I get my UV
fluid in there.

For the PSU, I think I might go with the OCZ GameXtream 700w. I've seen a few people
using it to power some really hardcore machines. (ex, FX-60, 6 HDDs, QuadSLI). It is
all black with very nice sleeves that extend all the way inside the PSU. It should give me
plenty of power for what I'll be using once I build it, and should be fine for a higher end DX10
graphics card once they arrive. I like OCZ stuff lately and their name is improving. If I don't
go the OCZ route, I might go PCP&C, Enermax, or Seasonic. I'll be experimenting a little
bit with OC'ing the machine, but I probably won't get too extreme. I want it stable.

Pas..thanks for the info..I've been look at PC P&C ..I know they make great stuff..If i got that route..and have to save some cash for the purchase..Just to let you know I got a deal that I have not taken as of yet..on a SILVERSTONE SST-ST60F ATX 600W Power Supply !!
Check the second post down here..I found this tonight
Silverstone Power supply info

And here is a Video on this Power supply

this power supply has a modular cable design..so I just hook up what i need..I waiting to see if it comes thu..free is the best :D

I've been also looking at OCZ GameXtream 700w too w1retap..
And yep they have been doing better in the last couple of years..so if my deal doesn't come thu..those are the company's I'll checkout..thanks again guys for the info

Well here is my current lian li
pc-767 i think its probably lian lis case that never gets any spotlight.
my previous case v1100b was just a little cramped, and i dont like putting rads on top of the case on the outside. anyhow
this is going for my conroe build but since the motherboard i want isnt out its just been sitting around waiting :)
fans are uv led ac ryan blackfires - gt240 rad - silverstone st60f psu
7671.jpg

7676.jpg

7672.jpg

7675.jpg

7674.jpg

grill1.jpg

side1.jpg

DAM..that case is wicked..does it come in black??
And what items are you going to put inside....Got a list?? :)
I would love to see how it looks when your finish.. :D

Darkside said:
DAM..that case is wicked..does it come in black??
And what items are you going to put inside....Got a list?? :)
I would love to see how it looks when your finish.. :D

the only color it comes in is that ying yang silver on one side black on he other

whats going in it is in my sig

Intel Conroe E6600 - Preorder
Dfi LP NF590 - awaiting release
2gb G.Skill ddr2 800 F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
Bfg 7900gtx
Swiftech WC setup - Swiftech 655 pump - Black Ice GT240 stealth radiator - swiftech microres - apogee block - mcw30 chipset block - 2 AC Ryan UV led green fans on the radiator
Lian li pc-767
lian li fan controller
2x 74gb raptors raid 0
Silverstone Strider 600w
creative labs x-fi extreme music soundcard

i think thats it for the most part . Thanks

I got super tired of LED fans and cathoes, so back to plain ball bering black. =)

dscn2411sj2.jpg

dscn2457ak2.jpg

I have some old pictures posted somewhere in this thread, but I figgured I'd post some more pictures in this thread. I was gonna get some bezels and stealth the drivers, but I was lazy and they were out of stock of the LL ones, so I bought the LIS2 VFD which is nice, to bad I can't get the internal USB cable working...

Any questions or comments let me hear them.

case8x6ji5.jpg

full8x6th3.jpg

inside8x6yq2.jpg

Darkside said:
Pas..thanks for the info..I've been look at PC P&C ..I know they make great stuff..If i got that route..and have to save some cash for the purchase..Just to let you know I got a deal that I have not taken as of yet..on a SILVERSTONE SST-ST60F ATX 600W Power Supply !!
Check the second post down here..I found this tonight
Silverstone Power supply info

And here is a Video on this Power supply

this power supply has a modular cable design..so I just hook up what i need..I waiting to see if it comes thu..free is the best :D

I've been also looking at OCZ GameXtream 700w too w1retap..
And yep they have been doing better in the last couple of years..so if my deal doesn't come thu..those are the company's I'll checkout..thanks again guys for the info

enhance is the oem of silverstone. cheaper price too.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PS-EN0560G

piako said:
I got super tired of LED fans and cathoes, so back to plain ball bering black. =)

Hey quick question!

I have the same case, how did you get the fan shoot thing off the back? You know the black plastic piece that covers the 120MM Exhaust fan and points the air down? I can't seem to remove mine bc I don't how :(

Thanks Darkside. The main thing to help with the wiring on the PC65's is to cut a hole about 3 x 2'' on the wall next to the PSU. This lets you throw all your PSU wires behind their and lets you organized them behind your motherboard tray.

Its great and I think I was one of the first to do it!

RailGunRiz said:
Hey quick question!

I have the same case, how did you get the fan shoot thing off the back? You know the black plastic piece that covers the 120MM Exhaust fan and points the air down? I can't seem to remove mine bc I don't how :(
it slides up and off

New system...I just installed the zalman fan bracket and 120mm fan to help the 7950GX2's cooling out a bit. It's a quiet Coolermaster 120mm fan and doesn't add much to the overall noise level...there's about 3/4" between the fan and the window so it does have some room to breathe. I tried using nVidia's new temperature logging feature but I'm not sure where it logged the temperatures to; after about 20 minutes of playing HL2: Episode 1 I immediately looked at my temperature and saw that the card was running at ~67 degrees C.

DSC00634.jpg

One of these days I'll get around to taking my system apart and cutting a hole for a second 80mm exhaust fan in the back, along with cutting some holes in the motherboard tray for a little bit better wire management. I'm pretty happy with the system right now...since I just installed the fan I haven't gotten around to OCing the video card. In 3Dmark06 @ 1280x1024 the CPU is definitely the bottleneck, and I'm happy with performance @ 1920x1200 in my games so I might not OC. The CPU is doing 2.4GHz easy with no voltage increases on any part (unless the motherboard is automatically bumping up the CPU voltage?) My Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM is holding up quite nicely @ 240Mhz.

So yeah...I'm assuming there's SOME kind of hole cut in the window for that fan...guess I just can't see it. Would you mind doing a "daylight" shot with the panel off?

Nope...I'm relying on the 3/4" of clearance between the fan and the window, as well as the ventilation holes that are on the back of the motherboard tray. It's not a high CFM fan; it's main purpose is just to push some extra air between the two PCBs on my 7950GX2. It does drop temps a bit.

Aqua Computer is comming out with 7950 water blocks very shortly. Just as a heds up fo cooling :)

Tman said:
Aqua Computer is comming out with 7950 water blocks very shortly. Just as a heds up fo cooling :)

They're already out. Try IT-Trade in Europe (shipping kills).

Back