The Lian Li Gallery

RyanPosflea said:
photo0020rz5.jpg

zomg that's my case on your screen!!

:D

Hard911 said:
do you wear sunglass when sitting in front of your computer?

I can dim and turn off the lights via a front control panel. There is 2 12 inch cold cathodes and 3 6 inche ones. Its not as bright as it looks in the picture.

I swear to god some of the people in this thread would put a 2ft spoiler, 24inch wheels, a body kit, glowing lights, and shit loads of NOS stickers on a Rolls-Royce.

si0dine said:
I swear to god some of the people in this thread would put a 2ft spoiler, 24inch wheels, a body kit, glowing lights, and shit loads of NOS stickers on a Rolls-Royce.

who older than 18 hasn't already done that? personally, i used stock sized wheels. i'm not a fan of the oversized wheel look. it looks gaudy to me. the spoiler, body kit, stickers, and lights are all good, tho :D ;)

Pas said:
who older than 18 hasn't already done that? personally, i used stock sized wheels. i'm not a fan of the oversized wheel look. it looks gaudy to me. the spoiler, body kit, stickers, and lights are all good, tho :D ;)
Those ugly aftermarket aluminum spoilers? Lights are gay, plus they get you pulled over. Oversized wheels are good, just not anything over 20 in. AND NO SPINNERS!

si0dine said:

While many of us around here do often use SOME sort of car analogy to explain case modding or overclocking, the scenarios here are slightly different.

Sure Lian-Li chassis' are already top-notch and very sleeky/classy, but that doesn't mean there aren't myriads of things that can be done to make them much more functional. And also, case modding is in a way an art form around here, and is about personal taste and expression when you really get into it.

Sure there are people that mod "for the hell of it"...but the serious case modders do things in a practical way to better their case(s) in whatever way they see fit.

I'm not saying there aren't more then a few cases posted up around these forums that are a bit overdone, but it's their choice, just like there are FAR to many cars on the road that have been "pimped" ever since the first Fast and the Furious movie came out...same scenario there.

All in all this is a great thread, as Lian-Li cases are not only sleek and beautiful in their own right, but they're often viewed as "clean slates" for modders, and have a ridiculous amount of potential.

Just be carefull what you say around here, because most of us are subjective enough to take most comments in passing...but there are still a fair number of diehard people that will take comments like "I swear to god some of the people in this thread would put a 2ft spoiler, 24inch wheels, a body kit, glowing lights, and shit loads of NOS stickers on a Rolls-Royce." to heart, and saying stuff like that too often is a good way to start more then a few debates that just aren't worth it.

cornelious0_0 said:
While many of us around here do often use SOME sort of car analogy to explain case modding or overclocking, the scenarios here are slightly different.

Sure Lian-Li chassis' are already top-notch and very sleeky/classy, but that doesn't mean there aren't myriads of things that can be done to make them much more functional. And also, case modding is in a way an art form around here, and is about personal taste and expression when you really get into it.

Sure there are people that mod "for the hell of it"...but the serious case modders do things in a practical way to better their case(s) in whatever way they see fit.

I'm not saying there aren't more then a few cases posted up around these forums that are a bit overdone, but it's their choice, just like there are FAR to many cars on the road that have been "pimped" ever since the first Fast and the Furious movie came out...same scenario there.

All in all this is a great thread, as Lian-Li cases are not only sleek and beautiful in their own right, but they're often viewed as "clean slates" for modders, and have a ridiculous amount of potential.

Just be carefull what you say around here, because most of us are subjective enough to take most comments in passing...but there are still a fair number of diehard people that will take comments like "I swear to god some of the people in this thread would put a 2ft spoiler, 24inch wheels, a body kit, glowing lights, and shit loads of NOS stickers on a Rolls-Royce." to heart, and saying stuff like that too often is a good way to start more then a few debates that just aren't worth it.

Perfectly put. And on top of that it is up to each person what they want to or do not want to do with there computer case/car/anything. If you have such a problem with it don't browse a forum where thats all your going to be seeing.

Personally for me I modded for functionality and to make my case more unique. I haven't seen a single case on this forum lit like mine is. And that is pretty damn cool to me.

dozoy, i was being very sarcastic in my remark. i hate those big spoilers. my car has been pinstriped, windows tinted, and aftermarket wheels installed. btw, they're stock-sized wheels. i really don't like the big wheels. i also hate spinners. i guess i'm old-school through and through :) anyway, back to the lian-li cases!! i have to install the new handles and coolers in my v1200b today

cornelious0_0 said:

Don't worry I didn't offend anyone. The type of people my comment was targeted towards would never realize how tacky/gaudy their case is. These are the people that wear suspenders, short shorts, knee high socks, and a wifebeater down the street and can't understand why they're being laughed at. So it was really more of an insiders joke to the people who aren't completely obvlious to good taste. Anyways, it was a joke so take it as a joke.

Edit:

Sure Lian-Li chassis' are already top-notch and very sleeky/classy, but that doesn't mean there aren't myriads of things that can be done to make them much more functional.

I wasn't making fun of functional mods or even well done aesthetic mods, it should be obvious because I talked about 2ft spoilers, NOS stickers, and giant wheels.

cornelious0_0 said:
btw...el rolio...very nice (new) setup you got there, lookin' sweet. :cool:

well thanks man. completely forgot i never took pics when i had swapped in the pumps and redid the fan flow back in the spring/first week of june.

Pas said:
dozoy, i was being very sarcastic in my remark. i hate those big spoilers. my car has been pinstriped, windows tinted, and aftermarket wheels installed. btw, they're stock-sized wheels. i really don't like the big wheels. i also hate spinners. i guess i'm old-school through and through :) anyway, back to the lian-li cases!! i have to install the new handles and coolers in my v1200b today

So...Pas where are the pics..my v1200 brother :D

well, here's one. it's all i could take before the camera batteries died. i may post a couple more later. you can barely see the handles but the thermalright coolers are front and center. the ultra90 was mounted using the s-bracket for the hr-01. it was a PIA to install but it is secure. the hr05-sli is secure but if i ever add a second vid card, it'll need to be removed or adjusted. i was using an A/C Freezer 64 Pro before and was hesitant to install the ultra-90 but i'm glad i did. it's running about 4 degrees C cooler. i now have a thermalright xp-90, xp-120, and the A/C sitting on the shelf. i'll find uses for them someday, i hope.

August21.jpg

@Pas: I love what you did with the modders mesh covering the HDD's and PSU, very very clean that way!

I noticed some of you were concerned about my V2000 dented by UPS...thanks for all the advice my friends, but it's almost been settled.

I spoke with UPS about a week and a half ago, and I said I'm willing to settle for $80 U.S. in claim. $10 for the broken bezel, and the rest for the damage. I COULD have asked for close to a refund, but I really didn't want to have to put up with any hassles they might give me (it's really not worth it).

The lady on the phone said she'd get back to me. If I'm told $80 is too much, I'm saying: $80 or more. $80 is the LEAST I'm willing to accept. Otherwise, I choose a refund.

The dent and broken bezel are aggravating yes, but not to the point where I'd return the case...I mean, it's just aeasthetically displeasing. It doesn't affect the actual performance of the case itself.

thank you for the kind comments, guys. i really appeciate them. thanks again!

wow, i just when thru this entire thread tonight.

There all starting the look the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol There really nice guys. But one thing you all seem to forget is the fact that Lian-li + minimal sanding = perfect painting surface.. where are the bold! the risky! the posible stupid :-|

at least the anodizing? not too mch of that that anymore...

More holes, more paint, more real elbow greese, more functionilty!

I(illa Bee said:
More holes, more paint, more real elbow greese, more functionilty!
Lol, we bought Lian-Lis because they are extremely functional right out of the box. The air flow is great so we don't need anymore holes. Paint my LiLi, meh. Very few things I would consider painting on my LiLi, I love the brushed look.

Anavel0 said:
Lol, we bought Lian-Lis because they are extremely functional right out of the box. The air flow is great so we don't need anymore holes. Paint my LiLi, meh. Very few things I would consider painting on my LiLi, I love the brushed look.

I know exactly how functional they are, I have owned them since the company has been makeing consuter cases.. As for the brushed look, its great.. but there is nothign unique about them. And to me case modding for something other than functionality, should at leaast be to be unique.

to each is there own, im board! we need more cowbell in the LianLis

Here's my PC 62b. Sorry, no pics with the cathodes on:

Dang that flash showes off fingerprints...

Yes, that's a 120mm fan hanging off the back (exhaust). There's another one stuffed up next to the PSU as a blowhole fan (intake). :rolleyes:
I know what your thinking "why did you mount your blowhole fan as an intake?"

For starters these Yate Loon fans vibrate like crazy and grind loudly if you point them up, were taling weedwhacker here...The second reason was simply that my temps are better this way. :p

Random plug for Antec here:
I've had this PSU since my Athlon XP system (One hard disk and an FX5200), and it's still going strong powering my Athlon 64 system through a 20 - 24 pin power adaptor (3 hard disks and a 7900GT).

nice case - clean front end.

do you have two inlets going into that plexi top? one going into pump, one into mini-res?

t-line goes into the 2nd inlet into the top not the res... the return from the chipset goes into the res.... and there is a hole in the res that goes into the top of the pump

V2000-939-1230.jpg

V2000-939-1240df.jpg

V2000-939-1245sd.jpg

V2000-939-1222sd.jpg

DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR Expert
Athlon X2 3800+ (260x10, 1.4v, LDBHE 0601TPMW)
2x1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC PC4000 (DDR520, 3-4-3-8, 2.6v)
600w OCZ GameXStream
EVGA 7900GT KO Superclocked
250GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
NEC ND-3550A
Samsung 244T
Lian-Li PC-V2000
Danger Den TDX
Chrome Danger Den MAZE4
Danger Den Fillport
Danger Den D5
DFI Expert MAZE4
X-Flow Stealth GTS 360

filthysanchez said:
you should turn your hd around, the sata cable is ruining the look of the case for me.
In this case you cant, there is not enough clearance between the hard drive and the panel to fit a connector in. Plus, I'm getting a black SATA cable anyway (they're tough to find)

Find a SATA cable thats long enough, then sprey it with vinyl die to turn it any color you want.

Back