The Lian Li Gallery

HRslammR said:
who's gonna get the pc-S80? it looks hoooottt

Hmm, the door would be in need of some modding...but other then that it actually doesn't look that bad. This is probably the first time Lian-Li has changed up their case design and I've actually liked it in quite awhile. :p

[H]Opterown said:
Don't they make disposable digital cameras nowadays? I'm gonna go try and find one ;)

actually, cvs has a disposable digital camera, I never used it before, but I saw an ad for it

KoFo said:
actually, cvs has a disposable digital camera, I never used it before, but I saw an ad for it

Wow, I honestly didn't think there was one...maybe I'll check it out. having no cash really sucks...and once my new system gets here I'm gonna want to take some pics.

[H]Opterown said:
I'm gonna convince my parent to let me get a nice digital camera soon. Maybe they'll like the idea more since we're going to Florida and are gonna take pics.

Yeah, hopefully they do...I wish I had me one. :p

oks system specs are in my sig, list of mods are: i cut a window, used a chunk of the side panel i cut to cover the drive bay and hold my newegg sticker and case badges(no flames I like them) covered 99% of the visable silver parts with black sounddeading foam left the mirror like PCI covers oon to reflect the lighting effects, cant really hide the modstreams cables so im showing them off with full UV lighting(all effecting the UV parts of the board) covered my mis matched IDE cables with yellow split wire covering ill cover the front sound cable with black split wire cover and try to find some UV reactive covering for the front USB, fan(added a fan to my drivebays, added a dual 4" light kit one is housed on top of the case the other in teh bottem of the drive bays, added a dual 12" UV kit one is housed ot the top of the case the other next to the mobo both kits can be turned on and off via the red switches you will see the the 3.5 cover-waste of space pos that souldnt cusre the fron of any case let alone a v1000b, oh ya i have a shitty cam so heres the semi shitty pics i have:
fronwht.jpg

fnttop.jpg

fntang.jpg

*THE FLASH OF DOOOOM!!!* :p
comp.jpg

oks next shots are of the lightning effects
wht1.jpg

wht2.jpg

wht3.jpg

wht4.jpg

wht5.jpg

uv1.jpg

uv2.jpg

and for those that are wondering waht all thestuff behind the case is:
room1.jpg

there she is, my baby im very happy with every thing i have in it and even happyer about how it slaps the shit out of my old comp in games and style
while i know you all will hate teh newegg sticker, lets let said hate out of any comments please i like it, im footing the bill for the comp it stays(thou if anyone wants to send me the remanding $$$ i owe for it ill gladly take it off)

I bet that monitor works better connected.

Nice HTPC. I think that's going to be my next tech project - maybe when snow comes around again.

scrawnypaleguy said:
SWEET I love white cold cathodes! Very cool placement as well, I like the effect they make. Keep up the good work :cool:

tyty i thought about alot of different colors but went with white cause i thought it would be the best for the case and a really good contrast from the black out effect ive managed to pull off(case, mobo, vid card, sound deading) and to the UV lights. im really happy with the overall lightning effects

jmroberts70 said:
The tight-fitting heatsink!

holy crap no kidding and thats a damn nice looking case, thou it looks like it to has the useless floppy cover :(

These pics show off a lot more than the one with the crappy flash in the other thread, Renswic. The white cold cathodes are sexy too ;)

[H]Opterown said:
These pics show off a lot more than the one with the crappy flash in the other thread, Renswic. The white cold cathodes are sexy too ;)

tyty, that flash shot is in those pics thou :p look to the title "flash of doom"

ty for the good comment too, i didnt expect the white cathodes to turn out as well as they have, but all the forums ive spamed... err posted these pics on have loved them

only reason i got them is because i couldnt find purple 4" ones anywhere, blue is so over played it aint funny, red didnt fit my style this time around and ive never liked how the green ones look *shrug* tis rather funny how some things turn out aint it

Renswic said:
tyty, that flash shot is in those pics thou :p look to the title "flash of doom"

ty for the good comment too, i didnt expect the white cathodes to turn out as well as they have, but all the forums ive spamed... err posted these pics on have loved them

only reason i got them is because i couldnt find purple 4" ones anywhere, blue is so over played it aint funny, red didnt fit my style this time around and ive never liked how the green ones look *shrug* tis rather funny how some things turn out aint it

yeah man...but it turned out fairly well for you. it's still not quite my taste...but if you like it then that's what most important.

Argg...the more I think about what I wanna do in terms of cooling with my upcoming system, the more and more I'm starting to seriously consider a V1000...never thought I'd say that...but it's the truth. :)

What phone is that aldy402? The pics aren't even that bad, and are a fair bit nicer than a lot of shots that I've seen with "real" digital cameras. The placement of the UV ccfl's and the UV reactive fan itself are too gaudy for me, but it's all person preference. The ccfl's to highlight the boards components very nicely...and it still looks nice. Good stuff. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
What phone is that aldy402? The pics aren't even that bad, and are a fair bit nicer than a lot of shots that I've seen with "real" digital cameras. The placement of the UV ccfl's and the UV reactive fan itself are too gaudy for me, but it's all person preference. The ccfl's to highlight the boards components very nicely...and it still looks nice. Good stuff. :)

thanks its a sony ericson w800

My old beat up Lian Li 61B

And my NEW Lian Li PC-V1100B Plus II !!!

Yes, the hardware inside is a bit old, but it does its job okay! Enjoy.

Ross

I hope the PC-61 had a good run...I loved my first two I had. :p

Don't worry about the hardware...personally...I'd much rather have a very nicely modded/wired case with mediocre hardware inside then a more up-to-date machine in a crappy case that wasn't modded one bit.

I'm order the PC-S80 and attempting to make a top end silent rig.. will post pics when it happens :)

oakfox said:
I'm order the PC-S80 and attempting to make a top end silent rig.. will post pics when it happens :)

I'll look forward to it, it's a unique case and hopefully it does have some nice potential.

i'm so annoyed with lian-li. well, lemme clarify that, i love lian-li, but i just wish they'd make a case that's got everything finally. it seems like they've gotten closer with the s80, but imo, they could do some more. i honestly think they got extremely close with the pc61, but were only a few changes from being (imho) the first "uber case"

example: the dual 120mm intake are AWESOME. they're not slightly seperated like in the v1000 example with the 120mm only really cooling the harddrives. here's a good pic for what i mean what i like in the s80: example of the awesome intake adding to that, the 120mm exhaust is also, AWESOME. so glad to finally see a case maker say "gg floppy drives"

except, i'm not a huge fan of that particular layout for the harddrives, i'm always still incredibly partial to the way that the pc61 did it. simply and effective. example of the pc61 harddrive layout

adding to that, why don't more cases have removable motherboard trays? it sort of seems like once you get a case with a removable tray, why ever go to something different

now maybe this all just makes sense in my head, but would this not be a kick ass case?
-2x 120mm intakes,
-1x 120mm exhaust,
-removable motherboard tray,
-removable hard drive holder (which i'm sure they could further design to be quieter), -elegantly clean edges and smooth sides (go go brushed aluminum),
-WTX for increased cooling,
-removable front (aka pc61)
-lots of room for people that like to water-cool.
-no floppy!

in theory all the hot air that would be generated (but not already moved out by the CPU fan) would float to the top (aka video cards, but i know i'd get some artic cooling fans so it'd be exhausted out) , and be moved out by the PSU (or roof fan, whatever) not to mention, no floppy!

or maybe i'm just a wild-brained geek.

No, you're not crazy...it sux that there's a compilation of cases that would make up the perfect Lian-Li...ah well.

I hate my V1000 case... it rattles and vibrates like crazy!! Everything is tight.. but the sliders that lock the side panels in place vibrate from the hard drive spinning or the fans. Doh!

noobtech said:
I hate my V1000 case... it rattles and vibrates like crazy!! Everything is tight.. but the sliders that lock the side panels in place vibrate from the hard drive spinning or the fans. Doh!

for some reason I dont have that problem.

noobtech said:

I actually did have a similar issue with my very first Lian-Li PC-65...don't think I ever fixed it...thought it was an issue with a loose panel...'cus if i would put preasure on the mobo tray panel in back it would quiet down.

Hope you're not stuck with a dud.

cornelious0_0 said:
I actually did have a similar issue with my very first Lian-Li PC-65...don't think I ever fixed it...thought it was an issue with a loose panel...'cus if i would put preasure on the mobo tray panel in back it would quiet down.

Hope you're not stuck with a dud.

so did i, i fixxed it by takign a sawsall to my side panel and cutting 90% of it out :p stupid pelxie glass prevents me from pushing hte slider all the way in, no more rattle thou

Renswic said:
so did i, i fixxed it by takign a sawsall to my side panel and cutting 90% of it out :p stupid pelxie glass prevents me from pushing hte slider all the way in, no more rattle thou

Good stuff, nice to hear that there was a similar "fix" in order for the noise. Enjoy the LiLi bro. :)

when is a lian-li rep gonna contact me about this brilliant idea, throw a gazillion bucks at me since it's now technically copyrighted (hehe suckers) so i don't sell it to their competition? :(

I think the PC-V1100B plusII would be the perfect case if the mobo wasn't inverted. Heat pipes just aren't made for inverted chasis, and heat pipes are the epitome of quiet operation! Doesn't make any sense! Any heat pipe mobo + Thermalright High Rise or XP-120, and V1-Ultra makes for an ultra silent computer.

I love my V1000, but that inverted thing is more annoying than good.

aburgard said:
I think the PC-V1100B plusII would be the perfect case if the mobo wasn't inverted. Heat pipes just aren't made for inverted chasis, and heat pipes are the epitome of quiet operation! Doesn't make any sense! Any heat pipe mobo + Thermalright High Rise or XP-120, and V1-Ultra makes for an ultra silent computer.

I love my V1000, but that inverted thing is more annoying than good.

I personally don't care for it much at all either...and it's the one main thing keeping me more in favor of the older PC-60 and PC-70 style chassis'.

I can't wait to have the cash to grab a new case.

The "body" for my single stage phase change system is gonna be built to match the base dimmensions of a PC-70 perfectly. I wanna pickup a PC-7077 and go to town modding the thing. There's so much I know I could do with such a monster of a case...and think of how massive it'll look sitting ontop of the phase change case...another 6-8" of height added to the nearly 2' tall Lian-Li. :D

Not bad man, but you could have easily run the case headers along the back side of the case and stuffed them under the mobo or something...and some of that cable slack just makes it look lazy. ;) :p

Don't worry about explaining the fan thing...anyone with a decent digicam knows how it works...I thought it was pretty cool when I took similar pics myself.

Alright...i fixed my cable problem...sorta? The PSU as UBER long cables..i couldnt do much with them; im sorry. But heres was i did a few nights ago!!

Before:
DSC00412.jpg

After:
DSC00421.jpg

Lookin' better...but still not perfect...which is one reason I don't care so much for those cases...wiring seems like more of a chore.

Building my new PC-S80 rig... what a fucking beautiful/classy case. Can't wait to post pics, will try to post some up tommorrow night.

Back