The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

if its a AMD based system, you should borrow a card to check and make sure the entire system isnt kaput.

I dont know if it was amd or not, but when i threw in a spare 8400gs, it was able to boot without bluescreen, but i think the card is bad from being banged around in a box for 2 years. The screen had gone plaid! (Spaceballs recrence). So yeah, that is why i am trying to find a card for free/really cheap, to see if it really is just the onboard gfxc.

did it start BSODing after a OS upgrade or just started one day?

I pry because if it is an AMD based box the IGPU is built into north bridge and if its going to fail it is likely take the rest of computer with it.

The box has an athlon x2 badge and an nvidia with cuda badge. So looking like the computer is kaput?

its an nforce board. the GPU is built into north bridge.

IF it still works after you pop in a better card, you need to cool that chip in there. Who knows, putting a fan at it may help the BSOD in the IGP.

(i was not trying imply the CPU had the IGPU) I just have a pile of those computers that all died of the same thing. the integrated graphics over heated the north bridge and did the what is equivalent to a RROD in a xbox 360

Anyone have an old itx or matx lga 775 mobo that supports an e8400 they wouldn't mind parting with for the cost of shipping??

Do you long for the old days? Are you tired of BIOSs that auto-configure everything? Or do you need decorations for your next 90s party? Are your kids misbehaving? Then these items are for you.
I ship via USPS priority mail. Heat is in my signature.

"Bumped" to next page.

Last edited:
Emmanon, I have been looking for an NF2 board for, like, forever, ygpm

edit/ SWEEEET, ultimate 462 build in the works

success-kid.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone have a Socket 771 backplate from their ATX or EATX chassis they could spare? This would be a strange 8 hole machination that would confuse and bewilder most single-socket hobbyists.

A SKT-0159L would be the preferred match since it's for a supermicro board I was selling that I am deciding to repurpose into an ATX case.

I could also use a 4-pin EPS 12v to dual 4-pin / 4-pin EPS 12v to 8-pin EPS 12v, Molex 4-pin to 4-pin EPS 12v connector or just about anything that would give me 2x 4-pin EPS 12v (4+4 or single 8).

added more stuff

looking for the following:
old retro console gaming stuff
1gb stick of ddr1
any old ati cards with the part number 109-A33431-00

Have the following:
pentium III 1ghz socket 370
pentium M 1.7ghz socket 479
Posiflex TP 600 point of sale unit (local pickup in Miami, FL only)
Celeron D 352 Socket 775
Intel Pentium 4 520 Socket 775
modified artic cooling ATI silencer 1.
ati 9600 pro agp card untested
pci wmp54g wifi card
pcmcia wireless g card
misc pci (non express) graphics cards
misc connectors of all kinds. just ask
tons of SD to DDR1 Ram from 64mb to 512mb. ask
misc 3.5" ide drives
misc desktop ide cd, dvdrw drives

Last edited:
Free Interactive World Map Code for Skyrim Legendary guide from Prima Games.

fhr8-95rk-mqcp-4mwx

Does anyone here still use a Samsung Stratosphere smartphone? They're a couple of years old now and I realize that most people have probably upgraded by now, but if you happen to have one I am giving away a BNIB Zagg screen protector. Sold the Stratosphere long ago after my new job provided a phone.

edit: claimed

Last edited:
I have a Skt 478 2.8 /512/533 chip and a Skt 775 3.0/1m /800.
both are assumed good but I have not used them in years

Anyone have a 50-pin SCSI2 (internal ribbon) cable? I was given 2 Seagate Hornet8 tape drives and about a dozen tapes, would like to format the tapes before passing the units on - providing the drives work.

It is not ultimate w/o an NF7-S :cool:

actually I would argue that the DFI lanparty ultra B would really take the cake, both boards are very hard to come by in working condition.

In fact, this one is not POSTing, though I did find a cold joint on a mosfet that had been quite warm...so, some faint hope

I have an Abit Socket A board back home that I might get rid of. I think it is an NF7.....I'll have to check. Also got Socket A watercooling gear that I ahven't used :p

color me interested, particularly if the board is a V2 with the SATA I implementation

man, I havent heard the abit name used in forever. I had a leadtek k7ncr18d pro 2, and a dfi lan party ultra A back in the day with my 2800+. those were really the days!

Anyone have any motherboard size antistatic bags they can spare or know a good spot to get a few?

How many do you need? I might be able to send one or two with the item we discussed.

Do you long for the old days? Are you tired of BIOSs that auto-configure everything? Are your kids misbehaving? Is grounding your kids not working? Pair the Radeon 7000 with a CRT and tell your kids it's a touch screen. Then these items are for you.
Bumped to last page.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a Razer sticker? All Razer peripherals come with two, to my knowledge. So if you have an extra one that you could throw in an stamped envolope and ship to me, that'd be great.

Looking for a 2gb stick of DDR2 SODIMM. Speed doesn't matter.

I have a lot of things I'll list on here this evening. CPU's, Desktop Ram, etc.

I will be at work in about an hour and I believe I have two of them. I just can't remember if they are 1gb or 2gb. :p
Will check when I get down there for ya. ;)

Up for grabs: Circa 1966 Canon TL QL with Canon FL 50mm f/1.8 lens.

The lens seems to be in decent condition, as does the camera body, but there is one caveat: the camera's shutter speeds seem to be quite a bit off (approximately 1 stop slow) at 1/8th of a second and below. Beyond that, it seems to work. I have not tested the camera's light meter, for a lack of an appropriate battery.
Pic: http://imgur.com/dQc4QHA

On a side-note: this thing is a big, heavy, badass, awesome brick, and I wish today's camera manufacturers would produce cameras of this build quality for less of the cost of a used car. :X

Up for grabs: Circa 1966 Canon TL QL with Canon FL 50mm f/1.8 lens.

The lens seems to be in decent condition, as does the camera body, but there is one caveat: the camera's shutter speeds seem to be quite a bit off (approximately 1 stop slow) at 1/8th of a second and below. Beyond that, it seems to work. I have not tested the camera's light meter, for a lack of an appropriate battery.
Pic: http://imgur.com/dQc4QHA

On a side-note: this thing is a big, heavy, badass, awesome brick, and I wish today's camera manufacturers would produce cameras of this build quality for less of the cost of a used car. :X

If you don't mind splitting it up, I'll take the lens as it would be compatible with my camera. If you don't want to split it up, I'll take both but it's only the lens I'll be using... so hopefully someone else would be interested in just the body.

[strike=]Metroid Prime Hunters Nintendo DS - Cart Only[/s]

Last edited:

Dammit, them ended up being a single 1gb and a single 512. LOL, not really worth the shipping. :p

Back