The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Well, in that case - keep me posted on your experiments. In PM if you want. I'm curious. :) Sorry - I don't have any of these cards. Hoping you find some.

Well, in that case - keep me posted on your experiments. In PM if you want. I'm curious. :) Sorry - I don't have any of these cards. Hoping you find some.

I can't give a timeframe.

I should clarify that I already sort of have a viable solution of sorts but yes, the remaining cards are for verification.

when I am done, this will absolutely be freely available for everyone.

Looking for DDR2 512 or better. I gave all mine away last year but need some now. Please PM if you can help out. TIA.

Have a few things to offer... starting with some that were intially posted for specific people, which are now for anyone...

1. 4-port unpowered USB 2.0 hub - The USB hub could go first class mail for $2ish.

TAKEN - 2. Black bezeled 3.5" bay adapter that has a USB 2.0 port, Firewire port, headphone and microphone jack, and 4 slots for reading SD/MMC/MS PRO/SM/CF cards. Tthe bay adapter plus a padded envelope are too heavy for first class... Priority Small Flat Rate box at $5.25 is the best bet on that thing...

And there are a few things left from a previous FS thread, shown in the image below...

F. TrendNet USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet adapter.

J. D-Link USB 2.0 Wireess G adapter.

TAKEN - M. HTC ARIA Android smartphone. Rooted and unlocked, running Liberated ROM. Has been used on AT&T and TMobile. With black case shown and a blueish plaid case. Screen protector installed, plus a few spares. New battery in 2013.

Just pay actual shipping.

Last edited:
Have a few things to offer... starting with some that were intially posted for specific people, which are now for anyone...

4-port unpowered USB 2.0 hub and a black bezeled 3.5" bay adapter that has a USB 2.0 port, Firewire port, headphone and microphone jack, and 4 slots for reading SD/MMC/MS PRO/SM/CF cards. The USB hub could go first class mail for $2ish, but the bay adapter plus a padded envelope are too heavy... Priority Small Flat Rate box at $5.25 is the best bet on that thing...

And there are a few things left from a previous FS thread, shown in the image below...

F. TrendNet USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet adapter.
J. D-Link USB 2.0 Wireess G adapter.
CLAIMED - M. HTC ARIA Android smartphone. Rooted and unlocked, running Liberated ROM. Has been used on AT&T and TMobile. With black case shown and a blueish plaid case. Screen protector installed, plus a few spares. New battery in 2013.

PM incoming on the Zyxel powerline device.

4-port unpowered USB 2.0 hub and a black bezeled 3.5" bay adapter that has a USB 2.0 port, Firewire port, headphone and microphone jack, and 4 slots for reading SD/MMC/MS PRO/SM/CF cards. The USB hub could go first class mail for $2ish, but the bay adapter plus a padded envelope are too heavy... Priority Small Flat Rate box at $5.25 is the best bet on that thing...

damn, this week is bill week. If i still have some money leftover from paying some bills, I'd be interested in that 3.5" bay adapter.

Anyone have an old single 1GB PC2700 SODIMM stick they could part with for the cost of shipping? I've repurposed an antiquated laptop as a small minecraft server and woul like to Max out the ram at 2GB.

Thanks!

Also looking for 512MB or 1GB sticks of PC2700 (SODIMM). If anyone has any 1GB sticks, give mdaniel preference since he posted first but I could use some as well.

BTW, I have 3 256MB PC2700 SODIMMs to give away if anyone can use them.

No longer available
Cooler Master Elite 361 - Mini Tower Computer Case with 350W Power Supply

Last edited:
Anybody want the laptop case from this Axe promo set?

$_35.JPG

My son get this for Christmas, but has no laptop.

what size will it hold? My son might use it

Anyone have a Right Angle 5-15p cable? I need the PSU end to be the right angle, the wall socket end can be straight.

Thanks!

looking for 3pin fan splitter (molex to female 3 pin fan x2) or (3pin fan female to male 3pin fan x2)
triple would be fine too.

PIZZA HUT!
FREE order of breadsticks with purchase of large pizza at menu price.

expires 6-30-14

I have 5, I would prefer to send them all to 1 person.

75 cents shipping for all 5.

Last edited:
Intel Slot 1 450 cpu/hsf, SL35D
Fan spins up but no video output from the board it was in, QDI Legend if you remember that far back. I'm guessing it is working but the board is dead. I think $5 will get it to you priority mail. Need a pic, let me know.

deleted because paypal basically just told me to fuck off (it's a little more complicated than that but that's the gist of it...)

Last edited:
Need some DDR2 PC2-6400 (or a close speed) for a laptop. 2x sticks of 2 Gigs would be great or 1x stick thats 4 gb. I'm having to dig out of my own pocket for work since they are too cheap to buy us any ram.

I'm on Windows 7 and I've got... wait for it.. TWO gigs of Ram.

PM me please and we can discuss how much you want for the ram.

Thank You

i got a 4gb CF card right here for you starhawk. If you can give me a few days to get it out to you i will. I'm a little late on getting some freebies out with work and all. Aiming to take freebies from here and another forum over to the post office monday.

Edit: funny thing is, this is your CF card. You sent me this card years ago and i literally never used it. I planned to use it in that posiflex unit but using a 7200rpm drive i got a 28 second boot time with 9 of that being the bios so i didn't bother swapping over to CF.

Speaking of drives. Anyone out there got some old spare drives? I'm looking for a 20 or 40 gig IDE drive ata 133 7200rpm drive. Going to put an old itx unit to work.

404, thank you SO much! I appreciate it, even if you're just sending me what I sent you... lol...

I wish I could send you one of my 13 40gig desktop IDE drives I'm sitting on :rolleyes: but I don't have (and can't get) the dough to send it till Apr 10... :( :( :(

I'm working on this mess from another angle, so PM me sometime next week if you're still looking, and I'll tell you if anything's changed.

I have some 20/40GB IDE drives that I need to dump, but pretty sure they're all 5,400rpm. You're welcome to them if you can use them, though.

404, thank you SO much! I appreciate it, even if you're just sending me what I sent you... lol...

I wish I could send you one of my 13 40gig desktop IDE drives I'm sitting on :rolleyes: but I don't have (and can't get) the dough to send it till Apr 10... :( :( :(

I'm working on this mess from another angle, so PM me sometime next week if you're still looking, and I'll tell you if anything's changed.

I have some 20/40GB IDE drives that I need to dump, but pretty sure they're all 5,400rpm. You're welcome to them if you can use them, though.

Thanks so much guys but i may have it covered. I found a 120gb ata133 packed up in one of my old storage piles. Just have to test it out to see if it still works. ;)

Thanks so much guys but i may have it covered. I found a 120gb ata133 packed up in one of my old storage piles. Just have to test it out to see if it still works. ;)

Well if not, I'll have Starhawk PM me and I'll pay for the shipping to have him get ya one bro. ;)

stinger, it's not that simple. I can't even /receive/ money through PP right now. You'd basically have to send me concealed cash through USPS.

That said, I'm feeling cautionarily (is that a word?) optimistic right now... I think I have this licked, but it'll be prolly Monday before I know for sure.

Oh fuck it, I'll just go ahead and explain what's going on. It's easier than hinting and beating around the bush, at this point, and I'm kind of surprised that nobody's PM'd me to ask... not that I /want/ my PM box to explode, particularly, but it is kind of interesting.

OK, here goes...

For a long time I had a bank account with Wachovia (now Wells Fargo). I established it when I went off to college (2004 IIRC) so that my folks could throw money at me easily, when they were able to and when I needed it. Shortly after Wachovia became Wells Fargo, I happened to become overdrawn by IIRC all of $0.26 -- and by the time I figured out that there was a problem, my account had been closed. Well, then, Wells Fargo, why don't you go play hide-and-go-fuck-yourself then, since that's what you basically told me to do. (For the record, I did pay off the "debt owed" or whatever. I'm told you basically get bank-blacklisted if you don't. Fucking bastards.)

That was 2 years ago. Paypal "generously" let me keep using my account as normal, without telling me that they were basically being nice (never mind warning me that there'd be Hell to pay later!)... until today when I went to try and move some money around to finish a transaction with a fellow [H]er and found that things just generally wouldn't go anywhere. A call to Paypal went absolutely nowhere except for the unusually incompetent lout (this is really the first time I've been able to say that about Paypal's support folks, actually) basically telling me that Paypal's position was bank account or GTFO.

I've kept quiet about it but my mother is not the only one in my house on Disability right now. I have Asperger's Syndrome (an Autism Spectrum Disorder) and I've never been able to get a job. Nobody's looking to hire weird nerds in this tiny town, particularly with the economy the way it is ("economic recovery" my ass -- the only people who've "recovered" didn't lose a damn thing to begin with). So I'm drawing SSDI as well, based on the Autism... hey, it was her idea...

Thing is the people who administer that crap are really fucking paranoid. They give you a special debit card (you can get money out, but only they can put it in... stupid as fuck IMO) for your "disability check" (in fact, it's the law, as of 1 Mar 2013, that everyone getting federal benefits of ANY kind has to get them electronically, via card or direct deposit, except under very very special rare circumstances) and if you have anything else other than a credit card (you know, /everyone/ has a credit card...) they not only look at you kinda funny, they assume you're getting help from someone else (as if they give you anything more than an insultingly tiny pittance) and they kinda barrage you with bullshit even if they're totally wrong and you're not getting anything under the table at all (which is the case here).

So what I figured out, is to get a bank account and tell the SSA to switch me from the stupid one-way card to direct deposit into the account. All I'm waiting for at this point is the nod from Mom before I can do this (she runs the house, and the house finances, so it's basically her decision -- and rightfully so, because I'm financially retarded). If I get the green light then tomorrow I'm going down to the bank (NOT Wells Fargo!) to sign myself up and that'll fix Paypal's ass damn fuckin' quick.

s Nobody's looking to hire weird nerds in this tiny town, .
So I take it there's no Starbucks or Best Buy in your town.

I feel for you. My son who is an adult with autism is in the middle of getting a degree in accounting. He does well in school but I fear what he'll have to deal with when he hits the market. Plus he doesn't like brown suits with yellow shirts and brown ties.

Autism's not super bad for me. I'm high functioning... my main Aspy-related issues are motivation and some communicative oddities. I come across as kinda weird (which is not /entirely/ inaccurate, I suppose) but mostly it's just stuff to deal with, ya know? Everyone has that, just some more than others...

Accounting is boring IMO but I bet it can pay well... there's money in finance jobs...

My little town had a population of 8k or so when the last census happened. That almost certainly went down (by at least three digits, I'd say...) IIRC last October when Townsend closed the local chicken plant. That left the local Wal*Mart Supercenter as our biggest local employer.

No Starbucks, but if you draw a line between Sanford NC and Greensboro NC, following Highway 421 between them, my town is the only point you'll cross with a McDonald's. We've also got a BK, two Mexican restaurants, two Italian restaurants (one is very good, one is painfully bad), and IIRC three grocery stores (Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, and Wal*Mart). There's a Hardee's (aka Carl Jr's, elsewhere) in the next town East, which is a sort of uppity place and a bedroom community for Chapel Hill NC (of UNC college basketball fame). There are actually two computer stores here. I'm very good friends with the owner of one, and he likes to help me out when he can.

Shameless Plug: his store is called Tritech Computer Solutions, and you can find them on the Web here. I highly recommend them -- they are totally independent, and they offer some really unusual services. Like chipset reflows (they use the tinfoil-and-a-heatgun method; takes about fifteen minutes all told IIRC). They recently introduced a new service, that I've actually never heard of ANYONE doing. They call it the Ship-In Repair Service... basically if you live in the US and you know how to pack a box well, you can send them your problem system and they will fix it -- but look at the page on their website (not hard to find!) for the details...

Well if not, I'll have Starhawk PM me and I'll pay for the shipping to have him get ya one bro. ;)

stinger, it's not that simple. I can't even /receive/ money through PP right now. You'd basically have to send me concealed cash through USPS.

Unfortunately the 120gb drive i have here is 5400rpm. I'm really trying to the best possible drive specs i can get for this little machine I'm working on.

No worries, I may just drop a few dollars into the padded envelope i will be sending him with the CF card :)

Aw shucks :eek:

I'm on hold waiting to talk to someone at the SSA to make sure I can do this. Next step after that is talking to the bank and making sure they're /willing/ to give me an account with a debit card. I don't think I'll have too much trouble, but if they run credit reports for this crap now I may have some issues. I, uh, sort of have a psychiatrist (at UNC Hospitals) that I'm kind of not paying right now because basically I can't... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyone have an EPS/8-pin Y-adapter? I've got a board that needs two 8-pin connections to boot, and the PSU only has one 8-pin cable. I've used these in the past with constant success as long as the PSU has the power, and this one should.

If you have 2 or 3, I might be interested in more, but I definitely need at least one.

Anyone have an EPS/8-pin Y-adapter? I've got a board that needs two 8-pin connections to boot, and the PSU only has one 8-pin cable. I've used these in the past with constant success as long as the PSU has the power, and this one should.

If you have 2 or 3, I might be interested in more, but I definitely need at least one.

I have a 4-pin to 8-pin EPS adapter that I bought not being able to find one here. The PSU I had was too weak to supply needed juice. PM me if you want it.

-Dave

Just to uh wrap things up with my drama here -- I got the bank account today. I'll link it with PP either over the weekend or Monday, probably Monday cuz I want to make sure that it's all there and ready for me to use...

Back