The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I do however have 3 sticks of original DDR PC2700 SODIMM ram. Two of them are 512 sticks and one is a [strike=]1gb[/s] (1gb stick going to 404 ;) ) stick.

Shoot me a PM if anyone is in need of them.

Last edited:
Looking to see if anyone has an old AM2/AM3 socket CPU fan.

Anything kind will work. Thanks!

anyone have a 20ft+ ethernet cable? or a couple of 3.5mm headphone jack spillters (1 male to 2 female)?

Do you long for the old days? Are you tired of BIOSs that auto-configure everything? Are your kids misbehaving? Is grounding your kids not working? Pair the Radeon 7000 with a CRT and tell your kids it's a touch screen. Then these items are for you.
I ship via USPS priority mail or Fedex; which ever is cheaper. Heat is in my signature.

All cables - about $13 shipped Snail Mail

IDE HD, floppy cables and SATA (1?) cables
Condition: Should work
Cables

Phone line and molex power splitters
Line and molex splitters

Old heatsinks
Left: Used Socket A
Condition: Working
Right: Virgin Socket ?
Coolers
Virgin Cooler

A/V Cables Unused
A/V Cables

Direct TV Receiver with remote
Front 1
Front 2
Back 1
Back 2

SpeedStream DSL modem
Front
Back

PowerColor Radeon 7000 64MB 64-bit DDR AGP 2X/4X Video Card
Condition: Unknown, I've no means to test it.
Specs
Card

Thermaltake 430w 20 pin ATX PSU
Condition: Unknown
PSU

Warning: Using these components to discipline your kids maybe considered child abuse in some states.

Last edited:
5900 ultra AGP card. Was working fine a week ago, then it intermittently wouldnt post, but worked fine once it did post in 2d and 3d apps. Then I couldnt get it to post at all (but resetting mobo bios would work SOMETIMES), so I dont know if its fried or if there was a weird compatability/power issue, but I replaced the card with another AGP card that works fine, so it could be toast. Whoever wants it can have it for shipping cost!

Anyone have an old matx 775 / 1x16 pcie mobo available that will support an e8400? It doesn't need to OC and memory type doesn't matter.

Thanks!

FREE! Local Denver - Samsung ML2250 Laser Printer

I'm selling my house and we're getting ready to list so I need this gone ASAP!

It's in good working condition but likely needs a new toner cartridge since I haven't used it in a while. It's LPT only but if you want, I can probably find the old Netgear print server I used with it.

Same one listed in this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1040682525#post1040682525

it is an affliction, I don't know what

I just came home from the swap meet with 3 more free socket A systems

Do I need help?

well I see it as this.

I have no problem when I drink . I drink, get drunk, fall down. no problem

at the swap meet, and perhaps here as well, what we are doing, more than trading parts, we trade responsibility for the custodianship of archival parts

we absolve each other by taking possession

Something I have heard so many times, and have said myself, both of us bobbleheading, "it is too cool to scrap"

1960s broadcast compressors

"spook"radios

old ass aircraft radar jammer parts

this stuff was fucking EXPENSIVE!!! countless hours of encoded effort...now being foisted off in a chain of geeks...each just slightly more likely to feed it to the grinder...

sorry guys, gotta go, GF is saying "you know you got a problem when ur gf wants to sit down in ur lab but there's an old computer on the chair"

at the swap meet, and perhaps here as well, what we are doing, more than trading parts, we trade responsibility for the custodianship of archival parts

lol, my wife and I just passed along some late 50's/early 60's naval oscilliscope to my stepdad (he's an electrical engineer). We fired it up before he took it and the goddamn thing still works. It probably hadn't been turned on for 30-40 years, yet the tubes warmed right up to a glow and my step-dad was able to get the electron dot to paint on the tube. He was like a kid in a candy shop! :D

Me and the wife were just happy the 40lb box wasn't in the basement anymore.

Need the smallest, cheap shit but working, unpowered USB hub I can get. 4 ports, preferably. Speed unimportant. Something like one of these things:

HBStFar.jpg

A coworker of mine was taking down and old POS system that had one of these on the back. He took it off the system and quietly slid it into his pocket :p

Need the smallest, cheap shit but working, unpowered USB hub I can get. 4 ports, preferably. Speed unimportant. Something like one of these things:

HBStFar.jpg

I have the exact same one but currently using it for a mac system. it comes with a pwr supply adapter but it can be used without it.

Local Puget Sound area only

2@ 1u server chassis, with 20 pin PSUs and fans

one has a complete working PIII system in it, not that anyone wants that

Local Puget Sound area only

2@ 1u server chassis, with 20 pin PSUs and fans

one has a complete working PIII system in it, not that anyone wants that

tualatin? 1+ ghz? p3 is awesome, not that i want it at all :)

Figured I would wander in here for the first time in ages... I think I have a couple things to help right off the bat...

techrat and senpai respectively... free plus the cost of shipping if you are still looking for things like this:

PM me if interested.

this is going to sound very greedy and picky but please stay with me here for a second. I am looking for some very particular ATI X series Radeon cards for an experiment. An experiment that could lead to some really cool and free things for the small community of low-res CRT lovers everywhere.

I am looking for the following cards to run a series of tests on.
ATI X550, 600 cards and their FireGL equivalent

Here are some of the part numbers i have been able to find
398684-001
367459-002
109-A33431-00 (mostly seen in Compaq/HP variants)
109-a33400-00 (mostly seen in Dell variants)

Figured I would wander in here for the first time in ages... I think I have a couple things to help right off the bat...

techrat and senpai respectively... free plus the cost of shipping if you are still looking for things like this:

PM me if interested.

pm sent about reader!

Looking for some generic DDR1 - in 512MB or 1GB sticks. 1600 up to 3200 is fair game, and I am not a chooser. If it works, or is suspected of having worked in the recent past, I'm willing.

Paying at least shipping, maybe a bit extra to get them all from one place, if that's possible.

Need about 12-16 sticks total. Going to try refurbing some boxes. Would like to get them up to 2GB or 4GB minimum to run Vista or 7 since XP is on it's way out.

-Dave

Looking for some generic DDR1 - in 512MB or 1GB sticks. 1600 up to 3200 is fair game, and I am not a chooser. If it works, or is suspected of having worked in the recent past, I'm willing.

Paying at least shipping, maybe a bit extra to get them all from one place, if that's possible.

Need about 12-16 sticks total. Going to try refurbing some boxes. Would like to get them up to 2GB or 4GB minimum to run Vista or 7 since XP is on it's way out.

-Dave

I'll send you list of what i have here before the night is done.

got some nexus 4 screen protectors.. I think gloss... I gave my phone away to a good cause but they didn't want the screen protectors.. I think 4 available.. PM me..

this is going to sound very greedy and picky but please stay with me here for a second. I am looking for some very particular ATI X series Radeon cards for an experiment. An experiment that could lead to some really cool and free things for the small community of low-res CRT lovers everywhere.

I am looking for the following cards to run a series of tests on.
ATI X550, 600 cards and their FireGL equivalent

Here are some of the part numbers i have been able to find
398684-001
367459-002
109-A33431-00 (mostly seen in Compaq/HP variants)
109-a33400-00 (mostly seen in Dell variants)

Is this for MAME? As a fellow CRT nut, I have to know. :)

Sent you a pm.

-Dave

Back