The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I haven't forgotten about you.

I'm having some trouble getting some concrete specs on the pc133 sticks i have here. If you want, I can pm you the chips on the sticks i have here. Maybe you will have better luck researching the ram chips. Most of the stuff i find on them is merely vague promotional info on them.

eh, don't go to too much trouble

often the final digit screened on the actual chips (usually 7 or 7.5) is the response time in ns

Anyone have a spare set of 2x 2GB DDR2-667 SODIMMs? Trying to setup a laptop for the family to use but it seems to have killed the hard drive with all the pagefile swapping while having 512MB of RAM installed.

Please PM me if you are interested in any of the following

Motherboards
Socket AM2+/AM2 XFX MB-N78S-8209 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 mATX Motherboard w/HDMI, DVI, Video, Audio, eSATA, GbLAN - I/O shield is included. The board works for the most part. I only used 2 ram slots, it has some issues when all four RAM slots are populated. Network card works intermittent, I stuck a Gb PCI card and used it without issue. I have used it like this as my server for a couple years. I just upgraded to an AM3+ so it has to go.

Socket A ECS K7S5A Pro

Power Supply
EnLight GPS-350BB-104D 83579C4B1 350W ATX Power Supply - Missing the sata power connector at the end of the cable, has one connector middle of the cable.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Network Card
Network Everywhere PCB-E570-AB4 Fast Ethernet 10/100 Network Card E570 REV.AB

Last edited:
I need a 350+ watt psu with 24 pin power connector and 2 sata connectors.
I have given alot out here over the years and I need a psu to get a system I have working again.

I could also use a psu tester to be sure that is the problem, I'm 90 percent sure it is but never know.

Last edited:
Looking for a laptop-style power brick (I really don't see a standard wall wart being powerful enough here!) with the following rating --
+5v at least 5a
+12v at least 1.5a

Don't care about the output connector (it will be Marie Antoinette'd :p ) but it does need to simultaneously output both voltages. I've looked on eBay and cannot find one that's affordable because their prices for things are getting ridiculously high.

if anyone has a heatsink/fan for a socket 478 I could use it for a combo i have sitting in a box only missing the heatsink. dont even know the size of the proc cause the writting is scratched off and dont want to run it without a heatsink lol.

List updated with what's needed.
Thanks for the help.

Trying to get an Mac G5 (Power PC) tower up and running for a friend.
I could use these parts:
- Compatible Mac keyboard and mouse / PC keyboard & mouse
- Side panel
- Power cord
- DDR ram
- Expansion bay covers haha
- Some sort of monitor

Anything that would work on this setup would be nice for them. It's older tech so back ups would be nice. Thanks in advance if you have anything.

Sent PM to 404

I'm looking for a PCI (note: non express) video card for my VMware ESXi 5.1 lab.
I need to free up a PCI-e slot since my Intel DZ77BH-55K motherboard really lacks some features and only has two PCI-e x16 slots. They included two PCI slots on it.

I tried a Matrox G550 PCI video card, but it would fall into a boot loop. It would never get past a certain point of the BIOS / POST. I did get a video signal, but it would just reset the entire system before even detecting the add-on SAS drives.

I'm pretty sure I narrowed it down to the Matrox PCI card just being a piece of crap. That's Matrox for you. :rolleyes:

There is a Geforce 6200 PCI that might work out well, I guess even an S3 virge MIGHT work... but as you can see, even a Matrox G550 manufactured in 2004 already has issues with my Intel motherboard.

Any PCI video card with preferably VGA and DVI outputs would help out a lot. I can live with just one type of output though. Hopefully your PCI card is made by a reputable company like nvidia/ATi... Matrox really let me down.

Last edited:
If I haven't given it away already, I may have a 6200 PCI made by BFG. I'll look for it in the morning after work.
Sent PM to 404

I'm looking for a PCI (note: non express) video card for my VMware ESXi 5.1 lab.
I need to free up a PCI-e slot since my Intel DZ77BH-55K motherboard really lacks some features and only has two PCI-e x16 slots. They included two PCI slots on it.

I tried a Matrox G550 PCI video card, but it would fall into a boot loop. It would never get past a certain point of the BIOS / POST. I did get a video signal, but it would just reset the entire system before even detecting the add-on SAS drives.

I'm pretty sure I narrowed it down to the Matrox PCI card just being a piece of crap. That's Matrox for you. :rolleyes:

There is a Geforce 6200 PCI that might work out well, I guess even an S3 virge MIGHT work... but as you can see, even a Matrox G550 manufactured in 2004 already has issues with my Intel motherboard.

Any PCI video card with preferably VGA and DVI outputs would help out a lot. I can live with just one type of output though. Hopefully your PCI card is made by a reputable company like nvidia/ATi... Matrox really let me down.

MooCow

Friend, I'd be more than happy to send you what i have available here. One of the cards i have here (geforce 5200) is missing some caps that blew.

My other card is a geforce mx 64mb unit. You may be better off with the offers above. If they fall through though, I'd be more than happy to send you the card i have here. :)

I have a couple $10 off promos for EASports games via McDonald's Monopoly. PM me if interested.

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2400-S201 laptop, just pay shipping.

P4 1.6ghz, 384mb ram, 30 or 40gb drive (ide I assume), S3 video, XP Pro COA (with fresh SP3 install, nothing else) and also comes with a PCMCIA wifi card (G speed I believe), unsure of the battery life
Id think it could fit in a usps medium rate box with decent packing

THIS IS GONE

Last edited:
Hey dbwillis, there's an [H]er here named bmstrong who's looking for a cheap laptop to play with linux. Yours would probably be pretty good for him. I've put a link to your post in his thread, but he's offline right now... might shoot him a PM or something. Just sayin'.

His thread is here --> http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1777786

Does anyone have a Cisco Console / rollover cable? DB-9 end or USB end doesn't matter. Have some switches that need to be configured and don't seem to have one.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

@t_ski

I think it is just as simple as popping off the cover and removing three T10 screws on the rear with a flathead.
Will have to check when I am back in my office in September. Thanks! Can send you my backplane in its place.

Looking for a heatsink for a modified thin client -- the northbridge is a little toasty in use (the CPU is a 2.5w VIA pile of SHIT that isn't powerful enough to generate actual heat).

Current heatsink is 45mm x 50mm x 20mm -- I'd like to add a fan (the one I have in mind is a tiny 40mm x 5mm 5v model but it'll do) so I'm looking for the following dimensions --

min -- 40x40x12mm *SEE EDIT
max -- 45x50x15mm *SEE EDIT

I *might* be convinced into a 10mm high heatsink but probably not -- the fan is, after all, kinda wimpy...

For the curious, the thin client is a Neoware CA19. I've added a gig of RAM, two extra USB ports (one of which will be sacrificed for the northbridge fan) and an 8gb MicroDrive (CF-sized HDD) for OS/program storage.
This page has tons of info on this particular thin client, and the site has plenty more dirt on several others as well.

EDIT: just noticed an unpopulated fan header on the board for this thing... 12v of course. *IF* I can get my tech shop friend to populate that header I'll want a 10mm-short heatsink after all.

Last edited:
400mhz cpu with ddr2. who the hell builds something like that?

Judging by the pics on the site you mentioned, why not just try to find an ultra thin fan (like 60-80mm) so it can pass air against both the cpu and northbridge?

Neoware built this thing -- probably shortly before getting bought by HP -- it's a thin client so it's not meant to pass an IQ test :p

CPU has a 2.5w TDP. It's too weak to generate any actual heat -- it gets slightly tepid under load and that's it. The northbridge heats up its heatsink pretty well tho -- and the case around it as well.

Planning now on using a 10x40mm 12v fan so 10mm HS is as tall as it gets. Actually, the fan is one you sent me, lol!

Freebies i still have. Will be adding more soon:
Celeron D 352 Socket 775
Intel Pentium 4 640 Socket 775
Intel Pentium 4 520 Socket 775
80mm fans
misc pci (non express) graphics cards
misc connectors of all kinds
misc fans without pigtails
misc sdram
misc 3.5" ide drives lots of 40gb drives
misc desktop ide cd, dvd and cdrw drives

Still looking for the following:
3.5" ide drive usb enclosure
legit windows 98 - windows xp licenses and disks (this is not a joke)
2gb and up compact flash cards
compact flash to ide adapters
256mb pc100 sodimm
misc pci-e card

Anyone have a flexible 2 way sli bridge? Needs to be atleast 80mm spacing between the fingers. Can't find the one that came with my mobo

Ill have some stuff to giveaway after I finish replacing the parts in my current build.

Anyone have a flexible 2 way sli bridge? Needs to be atleast 80mm spacing between the fingers. Can't find the one that came with my mobo

Ill have some stuff to giveaway after I finish replacing the parts in my current build.

PM'd

Still looking for a Cisco Console cable.

Free to a good home in Atlanta area, pickup only, located in Cobb County (Dekalb for 2 more days if that is closer)

1. HP Pavilion Slimline s3000 case with original power supply. Comes with no hard drive or optical drive.
2. Broken Acer S231hl display, 23" LCD, knocked over by my cat and fell on the corner of a desk. Not even sure if fixable or usable, but the screen does turn on. Comes with no accessories or power brick.

Dark Shade, I think the Broken Acer monitor would still have a good power supply board inside it. So if someone has an identical or similar model in the series, they could definitely use it. Could be worth some money if you gut the monitor for that specific part. Maybe worth $20..

Free to a good home in Atlanta area, pickup only, located in Cobb County (Dekalb for 2 more days if that is closer)

1. HP Pavilion Slimline s3000 case with original power supply. Comes with no hard drive or optical drive.
2. Broken Acer S231hl display, 23" LCD, knocked over by my cat and fell on the corner of a desk. Not even sure if fixable or usable, but the screen does turn on. Comes with no accessories or power brick.

pm sent

Does anyone have 5.25" bay covers (black/silver) for Lian Li case?
Yes. I have an old Lian Li silver aluminum case with bay covers. It should fit... I dunno if Lian Li changed the design of the cover's internal mounting clips. They look like two raised bump dots that snap into aligning holes of the case. I can take a pic later.

I still have the following items for free if you pay shipping

1. Charger for a HTC Sensation
2. Master Combination Lock (will include combination) it is a Blue color
3. Wii controller Silicon case, not the wii motion plus version of the case, in black color.
4. Smart Joy, connects your Playstation 2 controller to a USB port so you can use it on the PC. Not sure if it still works as I have no controller to test with, was working the last I've tried it. Label seems to have fallen off.
5. Stephen Colbert's book I am America and so can you.
6. Unused Intel stock cooler for i7 socket 1366

Next thing I need. Screws.

No, not the 'romantic' kind :p I've given up on that until I lose weight...

I'm looking for M3 machine screws, same thread as a drive screw, but with a different head. The ones I'm trying to replace are flat head / countersunk screws (confusingly enough they take a Philips bit!) that are 5mm long head-to-end and with a 5mm diameter head. I have larger-headed screws that hold my contraption (it's a modded thin client) together for now but they sit too tall for the cover to go on...

I need at least a dozen.

Can anyone help?

Possibly...can I get a "what what?" I mean uh, can I get a pic of what you're looking for?

Back