The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Here, have two. Pictures are of the last remaining screw (dug it out of the trash so it's one lucky-ass bugger!) that matches. Given the roughly hemispherical pit that's replaced the cross-shaped hole for a Philips bit, you can see why...

The screw is sitting on graph paper; one small square is a tenth of an inch and one large square (heavier outlining) is one inch. Tiny little asswipe, ain't it!

EDIT: just to be clear -- this is what a dozen of those little bastards hold together --> http://parkytowers.me.uk/thin/neoware/CA19/ /EDIT

uxY75x7.jpg

o3sWajo.jpg

Hmmm...I've seen those, but not sure if I have any left in my bag-o-screws. I will check for you sir.

Thanks!

...er, if you don't have any, or if you don't have enough... could you help me find an eBay listing for them? Thanks!

One other thing I'm looking for. I need one of those wire spring clip things that holds a heatsink down.

Inspector Gadget says "go go bad image" ;) (Image found on Google and reupped elsewhere.)
YmmNakL.jpg

Needs to be 55*60mm -- should go 30mm then zip across the heatsink, then go the remaining 30mm -- the hoops it attaches to are, of course, parallel with the longer direction.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just saw a post in my "how do I fix the paint on this thing" thread in Cases & Case Modding where Jorona thinks he can help out. I've asked him to see about the screws as well -- if that doesn't work out I'll repost here or go with the eBay link.

That other thread is here --> http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1778684

Tired of seeing some of this stuff laying around:

Intel Celeron 420 (SL9XP)
Intel Pentium D 820 (SL88T)
Intel Pentium 4 521 (SL8PP)
Intel Pentium 4 506 (SL8J8)
Intel Pentium 4 3GHz (SL7PU)
SysKonnect PCI-X Gigabit NIC (SK-9821 v2.0)
Dell 3-port PCI Firewire card: 2 external, 1 internal ports, full-height bracket (model # AFW-2100/DELL)
White single-sleeved 11" 8-pin EPS (mobo) extension, black connectors
Dell/Amphenol display port to DVI adapter (NOT mini-DP)
128MB RIMMS
256MB DDR desktop ram
512MB DDR2 sodimms
256MB compact flash card with PCMCIA adapter/reader

Last edited:
If only that were a socket M, I could've gone from a slower CoreDuo to Core2Duo.

Wine, I've got a T7200 I can't use any more (that laptop died from complications of an expired motherboard)... I'd want a small amount for it over shipping (if at all possible) -- LMK if you're interested and we'll work something out.

EDIT: just to be perfectly clear, T7200 *is* Socket M...

No luck on those M3 screws, man. I could have sworn that I had some -- maybe not. If I happen to run across any, I'll hit you up to see if you still need them.

No worries -- IIRC I had mentioned another thread on the thin client -- Jorona popped in and said he had a buddy might be able to help me. If that doesn't pan out then eBay happens ;)

So I RMA my ax750 a couple months ago and they sent me back an ax860 and I sold that and bought an ax1200i. Anyways I have some of the sleeved cables left. I used as little heatshrink as I could but a couple do have it.

What I have

3 Molex
1 CPU 8 Pin
1 PCIe which is actually 2 for the ax750
1 24 pin

You can see from the picture it can be cleaned up if you want but it really isn't that bad since that side is on the PSU. http://i.imgur.com/F4pftpT.jpg

Weight is about 2 pounds coming from 94531. I can either ship flat rate USPS or see if another service is cheaper.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a meter or two of mdpc usb sleeve? Ill pay shipping for it + a few bucks if you want :0

Back to looking for heatsinks.

I have this --> http://parkytowers.me.uk/thin/neoware/CA19/
Look at the photo at the bottom of the page. Of the two heatsinks, I want to replace the upper one (confusingly enough, it's in the middle of the motherboard). The distance between the clips is 60mm horizontally and 55mm vertically, given the orientation in that picture.

Maximum dimensions that will work for the heatsink are 50*45mm (5mm less than the clips, per side) in the same orientation (so 50mm horizontally and 45mm vertically). I cannot use a heatsink taller than 10mm, nor can I use one that does not really permit much airflow upward out of the heatsink, as I'm planning on putting a fan on top.

eBay has so far been unhelpful. The 10mm heatsinks there are not meant for being topped with fans.

Does anyone have something for me here?

NOTE: sorry if I 'sound' a little different typing this -- I have a cold right now and my head is full of Quikrete as a result, so I'm a little more 'simple' upstairs than usual. I'm trying to apt-get install immune-system.deb and it's working, but slowly. At least I have cough drops...

EDIT: also looking for a WiFi 'n' USB dongle, since my trusty Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 doesn't want to behave >.< would prefer something similar. This is for the same system.

Last edited:
Tired of seeing some of this stuff laying around:

Intel Celeron 420 (SL9XP)
Intel Pentium D 820 (SL88T)
Intel Pentium 4 521 (SL8PP)
Intel Pentium 4 506 (SL8J8)
Intel Pentium 4 3GHz (SL7PU)
SysKonnect PCI-X Gigabit NIC (SK-9821 v2.0)
Dell 3-port PCI Firewire card: 2 external, 1 internal ports, full-height bracket (model # AFW-2100/DELL)
White single-sleeved 11" 8-pin EPS (mobo) extension, black connectors
Dell/Amphenol display port to DVI adapter (NOT mini-DP)
128MB RIMMS
256MB DDR desktop ram
512MB DDR2 sodimms
256MB compact flash card with PCMCIA adapter/reader

This stuff is still available

The following is still available just pay shipping.
-Master Combination Lock (will include combination) it is a Blue color
-Wii controller Silicon case, not the wii motion plus version of the case, in black color.
-Smart Joy, connects your Playstation 2 controller to a USB port so you can use it on the PC. Not sure if it still works as I have no controller to test with, was working the last I've tried it. Label seems to have fallen off.
-Unused Intel stock cooler for i7 socket 1366

Back to looking for heatsinks.

I have this --> http://parkytowers.me.uk/thin/neoware/CA19/
Look at the photo at the bottom of the page. Of the two heatsinks, I want to replace the upper one (confusingly enough, it's in the middle of the motherboard). The distance between the clips is 60mm horizontally and 55mm vertically, given the orientation in that picture.

Maximum dimensions that will work for the heatsink are 50*45mm (5mm less than the clips, per side) in the same orientation (so 50mm horizontally and 45mm vertically). I cannot use a heatsink taller than 10mm, nor can I use one that does not really permit much airflow upward out of the heatsink, as I'm planning on putting a fan on top.

eBay has so far been unhelpful. The 10mm heatsinks there are not meant for being topped with fans.

Does anyone have something for me here?

NOTE: sorry if I 'sound' a little different typing this -- I have a cold right now and my head is full of Quikrete as a result, so I'm a little more 'simple' upstairs than usual. I'm trying to apt-get install immune-system.deb and it's working, but slowly. At least I have cough drops...

EDIT: also looking for a WiFi 'n' USB dongle, since my trusty Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 doesn't want to behave >.< would prefer something similar. This is for the same system.

Still looking :(

here's one more time before i decide to toss it.
have:
intel D845GLLY skt478 board with cpu, i/o plate, cd driver disc and mobo layout case sticker sheet.
this board comes on but hangs at the intel flash screen. cant get into the bios. having seen this problem on an amd board that i have, it will need to be reflowed or reballed. for such an old board if someone that has patience and knowledge of reflowing or reballing this would be a good project.

need:
also does anyone have two 80x80x15 case fans?

Last edited:
Laptop fans also have proprietary connectors and need a lot more space than is present in this system. Further, I'm not sure how I'd mount it... 'creative' is being quite mild here, unfortunately.

EDIT: not to mention I don't have any laptop coolers around anyways...

@Mohonri -- sorry for sorta shutting you down there -- I'm about to send you a PM.

@buschman31 -- I don't know if I have your fans, but after all the stuff you've sent me, friend, I owe it to ya to at least look... I'll check in a few and edit this post when I find out.

EDIT: sorry, buschman, all my 80mm fans are 25mm thick...

Last edited:
Yes, *if* I can figure out a permanent means of attaching a fan... that's the doozy part.

Laptop fans also have proprietary connectors and need a lot more space than is present in this system. Further, I'm not sure how I'd mount it... 'creative' is being quite mild here, unfortunately.

EDIT: not to mention I don't have any laptop coolers around anyways...

I might have a laptop fan, which (IIRC) had a two-wire connector on it similar to a GPU fan. You could always solder on a 3-pin or molex.

Two-wire will work. I've got a fan in there now (makes things too tall to put on the cover tho) that's a two pin model and the system doesn't give a fat shit that there's no RPM line.

If it fits, it fits ;)

EDIT: evt, you have a PM. BTW, I should've mentioned earlier, I like your sense of humor :D server from Nigeria... I'm glad, in that case, that it's been decommissioned :p

Two-wire will work. I've got a fan in there now (makes things too tall to put on the cover tho) that's a two pin model and the system doesn't give a fat shit that there's no RPM line.

If it fits, it fits ;)

EDIT: evt, you have a PM. BTW, I should've mentioned earlier, I like your sense of humor :D server from Nigeria... I'm glad, in that case, that it's been decommissioned :p

I'll see what I can find.

I no not have the laptop fan that I once did. The thinest fan I have is this one:

http://www.cwc-group.com/2404kl04wb39.html

Seeking a low-end cheapo PSU to revive a Pentium-4-based oldie.

Last edited:
I have an actually kinda nice AGP gfx card. It's good enough to require a 6-pin PCIe power connector. Comes with a Molex adapter that I'm not 100% sure is wired right... almost certainly from the wildlands of eBay ;)

Card is a Sapphire HD4650 1gb. I have NOT tested it. Also, this card has one oddity -- the factory put some pink TIM-like material on a chip on the bottom. (This is very stock, but also very strange, which is why I'm mentioning it.) Dual DVI output.

I have an actually kinda nice AGP gfx card. Card is a Sapphire HD4650 1gb
Kinda nice? That card is one of the best ever produced for AGP, lol. AFAIK the AGP kings are the X1950 and HD3850. Not sure how HD4650 rates with those, but it's gotta still be better than the GF7800GS, which was next lowest after the X1950.
I was tempted to PM, and then remembered... I have to lose what I have, not take more in.
(I have a large list of freebies soon to hit this thread)

Now the serious business.
I'm looking for a 1.8" drive of any capacity.

Would anyone have a pair of 2gb DDR2 SODIMMs that they could throw in an envelope addressed to me? I can cover the stamps... it's for my mother's new laptop, as her old one has more than earned retirement and its failing HDD means that it will get that retirement very soon...

I really don't care about speed here, Kingston ValueRAM and similar products have been very kind to me ;)

Back