The Elder Scrolls Online

After an hour of restarting the game and being stuck on the loading screen I have lost interest for the day. May try again tomorrow or may just not care enough about it.

Worked okay for me after awhile. Looks really pretty. I guess having your email all over the screen is so you don't take pictures or stream (NDA). Looking forward to playing it. I signed up for the PS4 beta too. :cool:

Wow, the graphics in this game with everything at max are pretty impressive. Don't think I've seen a better looking MMORPG.

Wow, the graphics in this game with everything at max are pretty impressive. Don't think I've seen a better looking MMORPG.

Plays as well as it looks, later on, too. Gets better the further in you go.. and that is about as much as I'll say.

i couldnt last 5minutes before i had to turn it off, seeing an arrow auto aim into me while moving.

Got into it and played for about an hour. I like it, the music and environments are classic Elderscrolls, actually if felt a lot like Morrowind. I like that they included the first person mode.

Played for about 3 hours and uninstalled. It's nothing more than than Skryim in an MMO skin, but Bethesda will still make a killing off of it it based on the name alone.

I played it tonight for a few hours. Streamed it to my friends in private. We all came to the same conclusion. It didn't need to be an mmo, just a game you could play with a small group. It just doesn't feel right.

yea i agree
MMO and ES doesn't mix well together
it totally ruins your experience when you see tons of people on your screen in dungeons/caves
they should have made COOP ES if anything not this garbage

Played for about 3 hours and uninstalled. It's nothing more than than Skryim in an MMO skin, but Bethesda will still make a killing off of it it based on the name alone.

Played for an hour, don't think I'll be logging back in. Just doesn't feel right. :(

LOL you guys are making me worried. I planned to play a bit when I got home, but I'll be honest...I did not have high hopes for this game. Skyrim MMO just to me wouldn't work right.

And it sounds like it doesn't from people posting so far.

LOL you guys are making me worried. I planned to play a bit when I got home, but I'll be honest...I did not have high hopes for this game. Skyrim MMO just to me wouldn't work right.

And it sounds like it doesn't from people posting so far.

Well you just gotta remember that first and foremost its an MMO, if you go into it thinking its a game like Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim you will be disappointed. That being said, it does feel a lot like said games once you start getting into it.

If I had been designing this game I would have taken a different approach. I would have made all cities and suburbs MMO like. Let towns be populated with people, vendors, and have player housing there. Let the servers run these parts of the game. Then have the wilderness, dungeons and such an instanced/sp world that you can share with who you want. This would have created that co-op experience that I have been craving from the series. So now in this model I have a reason to socialize, yet my party/myself can have that true Elder Scrolls experience.

The one good thing that came out of my ~10 minutes of playing this is that I want to play Skyrim again. Damn that game is fun again after long time. (Making your own stories is still the best way to enjoy Elder Scroll games, although Morrowind had a stories good enough to not HAVE to do that)

It's really just TES online.... really, it's quest based, with seemingly a lot of side quests. Not bad, but probably better with just offline single.

Its early. I'm not going to pass judgement on it. I'll try it again tomorrow. Please remember guys this is such an early development build even in a beta state.

Let's give it the benefit of the doubt.

For everyone that wanted multiplayer in TES, we mainly wanted just CO OP, or a small group (think of like Baldur's Gate).

Where like up to 4 people or so can join a game and play in the open world together.

That would work PERFECTLY and make the game fun, while not affecting the actual overall design of the game or structure.

The problem with this game is that

1. It's not made by Bethseda (zenimax online is making it).
2. "homing" range attacks/magic, kind of takes away from the game.
3. Of ALL the things they got from TES games, WHY oh WHY did they bring in the horrible animations? I mean just watching videos you can tell the animations and things are not at all polished/fluid or up to par when compared to other AAA backed games. This is a problem that exists in the single player TES games as well, I don't get why they can't update their animation/hire new animators and use mocap.

For everyone that wanted multiplayer in TES, we mainly wanted just CO OP, or a small group (think of like Baldur's Gate).

Where like up to 4 people or so can join a game and play in the open world together.

That would work PERFECTLY and make the game fun, while not affecting the actual overall design of the game or structure.

The problem with this game is that

1. It's not made by Bethseda (zenimax online is making it).
2. "homing" range attacks/magic, kind of takes away from the game.
3. Of ALL the things they got from TES games, WHY oh WHY did they bring in the horrible animations? I mean just watching videos you can tell the animations and things are not at all polished/fluid or up to par when compared to other AAA backed games. This is a problem that exists in the single player TES games as well, I don't get why they can't update their animation/hire new animators and use mocap.

Yup, I agree 100%. I would of liked a more hybrid system as I described a post up, but this would of been great as well.

The game is an mmo and elder scrolls game, concessions are made on both sides. Edit: Deleted the rest for NDA, wrong site for that ;). Also probably 5+ months from launch ;).

Last edited:
I was kicking about 3mb/s all night, and somewhere about the 40% mark it kicked up to 26mb/s. Wooooooohoooooooo! I might get this installed before the weekend is over!

That's disappointing. If this was F2P, maybe, but for $15/month...nope.

Really, a subscription game? Meh.

It has potential, but it's not overly compelling enough for me to play. Certainly not for a monthly charge.

I got to play this for a couple of hours and while I own and played all the single player versions I wouldn't buy ESO.

To me the biggest issue is that the online gameplay just isn't engaging. I realize that one can only get so far in a couple of hours but for me there isn't a value proposition that would make me pay a monthly fee to play this online.

I am not a die hard TES fan though, I probably put less than 40 hours into Morrowind, probably about 80 into Oblivion before I got bored, and I already have 20 hours into Skyrim most of which were spent just modding it.

NDA aside, I don't think there's anything that would stand out as special or awesome about EOS from an MMO perspective. It's basically subscription based TES multiplayer online. I honestly cannot imagine that they can keep the subscription model up, they will need to think about horse armor so that they can make this F2P. For me personally there just isn't enough of an entertainment factor in it to pay a subscription fee.

The other thing to consider is that TES is as successful as it is due to the huge modding community. That influence won't exist in EOS.

Just played for awhile. Not impressed. It's basically a mechanically- and graphically-inferior Skyrim.

It's too bad they don't seem to give a shit about making a co-op Skyrim, because that would be about a million times better than this.

Just played for awhile. Not impressed. It's basically a mechanically- and graphically-inferior Skyrim.

It's too bad they don't seem to give a shit about making a co-op Skyrim, because that would be about a million times better than this.

+1 uninstalled here.

Compared to what MMO's? Compared to what other TES games? It frankly fall short on both footings. If I had never played an MMO, I would enjoy the game.

It doesn't fail at all but if you only played for 2 seconds to level 3 then like any mmo you won't see much. It is cyrodiil, endgame, hell even non tutorial and intro levels that really are what get the game going. It doesn't even start to pick up until later like any good game really.

Though I see a pattern here on this forum, games with depth are often laughed at in favor of flashy ones until they realize the flashy ones actually suck. Having played eso extensively I am laughing at the comments here pretty much of "oh no, skyrim, non fps gameplay, ermahgosh I didn't feel the best gaming ever in 5 minutes!!" remarks here.

Once it is out a few weeks they'll catch on :). Eso has a lotttttttttt to love not in this 2 day or so stress test, but I won't be talking until the nda is gone. First game I am truly optimistic for in a very long time.

Once it is out a few weeks they'll catch on :). Eso has a lotttttttttt to love not in this 2 day or so stress test, but I won't be talking until the nda is gone. First game I am truly optimistic for in a very long time.

Different people will have different views. To me "beta" means feature complete, all they do now is iron out the bugs and tweak performance. Regardless though, there are some things that remind me of the original Everquest. Static spawns on a timer for example.

Not sure whether you played GW2, but the initial user experience in GW2 was by orders of magnitude better than in EOS. GW2 managed to engage and want you to just do more and go on. I didn't get that feeling in EOS at all.

That's the key really. It's irrelevant whether the game gets good after 80 hours into it. If it doesn't keep the users interest in the first few hours then it's over.

Alright tried it a bit this morning when i got home from work.

Not bad not bad...Has a skyrim feel to it for sure. I honestly didn't like how the khajit looked, but the argonians looks pretty damn badass!

Now...Ranged bow and arrow attack....Hate it....

First Person view....love it!!! I don't think there has been an MMO with a FPS view that I liked (planetside doesn't count). I played Skyrim in FPS view....so that was a nice touch.

hate: MINIMAP IS FUCKING USELESS. And your email all over your screen...lol

Overall not as bad as some people make it out to be. Turned up all the graphics, but didn't mess around with em too much, only spent like 30 minutes messing around.

Give it time people it is very early beta, and its pretty good so far. Of course this is only 30 minutes of playing.

Yeah, played it for a few hours and uninstalled. Went back to Skyrim. Personally, I would rather they would have taken a few ideas from Borderlands and put out a co-op option for the next Elder Scrolls/Fallout. I haven't really been thrilled with most of the MMORPG options that have come out since WoW.

First thing that put me off was the fact that there were all of these empty treasure chests. Then I realized that people were opening them and taking my loot! This made me pissed and sad at the same time as I've never skipped a treasure chest in Skyrim. I'd rather have a 4 man Skyrim where my friends can jump in and out of my game. Make one character for strictly solo play and another just to play with the group. Sort of how Diablo 3's online multiplayer works sans the AH.

I'll admit that I'm starting to loathe MMO's. I don't see this game as more polished than Rift, GW2, WoW, FFXIV, etc. The only MMO that does something different is The Secret World as it has interesting puzzles. So a MMO has to be 95 / 100 to impress me as I'd give Rift that rating if it was multithreaded. I have zero desire to play Rift btw as I'm tired of misses in the genre.

I also will admit that I don't like Elder Scroll games until heavily modded. The atmosphere of the game screams 18+ themes, but the base game sometimes leaves things out to keep the Teen rating. After modding, I love Skyrim! I detest the fact that every time I log into the damn game a friend begs me to play something multiplayer. Since this game is a MMO, I'm 100% sure that modding will be off limits as "cheaters" will give themselves the best loot if they can. I really don't know how you can cheat in an Elder Scrolls game as they were designed to be modded for your personal happiness.

I could see them selling this to the console crowd. They aren't as well versed on what a modded Skyrim looks and plays like. Also there hasn't been a ton of MMOs on the consoles. They would love getting their hands on this. They should have cross platform play for this title.

What part of MMO don't you people understand?

Everyone acts like this is a Singleplayer game with muliplayer intrusions. I don't get it, surely you knew what you were signing up for in the first place?

Back