The Elder Scrolls Online

I pretty much feel the same way. Other than a similar coat of paint the underlying systems pale in comparison to a real ES game. The graphics at max settings are somewhere between Morrowind and Oblivion (closer to Morrowind).

One of the first quests in the game as a Dark Elf you're told to follow some guy across town during a siege. Halfway through he stops and yells, "When is this bombardment going to end"? Nothing was happening or happened and he just took off running again. Later in the quest you had to go down to the beach and burn some siege equipment. The mobs didn't attack me nor was the equipment even doing anything; I just walked to each trebuchet, hit 'F', and continued on my way. Couple that with quest givers saying stuff like, "You're our secret weapon and the only one that can complete this task" and then going to do the task only to find 20 people running around doing the same thing/camping the same mobs and the game so far is laughably bad.

The questing gets better, but I will say one thing.
Keep playing.

You aren't even touching the surface of the game if your zone is populated.

You have a long story ahead and many zones to discover/explore and conquer.

The loot system in this game, excels my expectations on questing/exploration requirements in an mmo. If the quests are going to be cliche, at least fill my journey with a lot of crap. And so they do.

I will also say.

PVP is the best thing in this game.
PVP in ESO(Cyrodiil) is one of the best PVP experiences I've ever had in any multiplayer game, not just MMOs.

PVP is where the game has most of it's strengths.

Keep playing.

The loot system in this game, excels my expectations on questing/exploration requirements in an mmo. If the quests are going to be cliche, at least fill my journey with a lot of crap. And so they do.

I will also say.

PVP in ESO(Cyrodiil) is one of the best PVP experiences I've ever had in any multiplayer game, not just MMOs.

How so? Interesting comment. I've always written off ESO as an incompetent crap game, what sets its PvP apart from WoW's and such?

PVP wil never have the impact of older mmo's when it's just fought on it's own map with "npc" factions and keeps that are not player owned.

Losing things will never have the impact when they aren't tangible things you and peple you know have built and made.

Shuffling across a map to get points just gets old after almost any other mmo these days uses that as its "pvp" mechanic.

Hell as least DAOC knew how to make it more interesting and change it up (IE darkness falls).

PVP is just more fulfilling when the things you are fighting over are things that the players build up and own, losing an npc "keep" will have nothing on pvp in games like UO or Eve where you could lose something that players worked for and built up.

PVP wil never have the impact of older mmo's when it's just fought on it's own map with "npc" factions and keeps that are not player owned.

Losing things will never have the impact when they aren't tangible things you and peple you know have built and made.

Shuffling across a map to get points just gets old after almost any other mmo these days uses that as its "pvp" mechanic.

Hell as least DAOC knew how to make it more interesting and change it up (IE darkness falls).

PVP is just more fulfilling when the things you are fighting over are things that the players build up and own, losing an npc "keep" will have nothing on pvp in games like UO or Eve where you could lose something that players worked for and built up.

I don't think creating and destroying keeps would really interest me in the long run.
I'm here for killing players and earning rewards.

This is PVP, not Minecraft. If I wanted to build stuff, I'll download an SDK/map editor.
If you don't consider strategizing and conquering your enemies keeps isn't rewarding enough, then I'm not really sure you've witnessed the whole scale of PVP itself.

Have you ever ran/stole an Enemy Elder Scrolls to your keep? Ever become Emperor? Or helped players become Emperor?
Ever take on 5 or 6 guys at a time and won?

How can you not think the Zerg battles in this game arent impressive either?

The real money is grouping up with about 5-10 very good players and doing the small stuff on a timely matter, more AP by the hour.

The stealth and fighting tactics in PVP are awesome.
The combat system is definitely in favor of Spell Damage over physical damage, and that's okay. My VR16 Templar is probably my favorite PVP based MMO character I've had.

Anyways, I don't find it necessary to lose things I've spent countless hours on to make it feel "realistic" or a "True PVP Experience" to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Keep playing.

I will also say.

Thanks but I uninstalled it after a few hours. There was a ton of crap that you couldn't loot; There were armor/weapon racks all over the place and you couldn't interact with them at all. The only MMO PVP I've really liked were the Crossroads attacks and Southshore - Tarren Mill pushes in vanilla WoW. Come to think of it I've played every major MMO since the first EQ all the way up to GW2 and ESO and vanilla WoW (and BC) is the only one I've enjoyed enough to keep playing to max level.

Thanks but I uninstalled it after a few hours. There was a ton of crap that you couldn't loot; There were armor/weapon racks all over the place and you couldn't interact with them at all. The only MMO PVP I've really liked were the Crossroads attacks and Southshore - Tarren Mill pushes in vanilla WoW. Come to think of it I've played every major MMO since the first EQ all the way up to GW2 and ESO and vanilla WoW (and BC) is the only one I've enjoyed enough to keep playing to max level.

The armor racks are 99% of the time shite anyways.
I'm sorry you've given up after such a short amount of time. As long as you're aware that you haven't touched the surface of the game yet, then for sure.

What's this new MMO I've been hearing about where if you die, you lose all of your stuff?

I'm sorry you've given up after such a short amount of time. As long as you're aware that you haven't touched the surface of the game yet, then for sure.

What's this new MMO I've been hearing about where if you die, you lose all of your stuff?

It's called Rust I think.

Yeah, it didn't feel like an ES game to me because of how limited stuff like that is. It just felt like Generic MMORPG moneygrab #557 with a coat of ES paint (Much like how TOR has Generic MMORPG gameplay with a Star Wars theme).

If a game isn't reasonably fun from the start I'm not going to keep playing in the hope that it gets better. Plus it's not like the mechanics in an MMO really change as you get to higher levels; normally you just get access to new raids/gear. People always said that WoW didn't start until 60; that's when it got monotonous and boring causing me to roll a new character.

It's too bad that Blizzard has shelved TITAN in an effort to make more "Baby's First MOBA and Baby's First CCG" types of games. They might have shook things up enough to make an MMO feel new again.

People always said that WoW didn't start until 60; that's when it got monotonous and boring causing me to roll a new character.

I never understood this. WoW for me was VERY much about the journey. And what a fun journey it was!

I never understood this. WoW for me was VERY much about the journey. And what a fun journey it was!

I agree, vanilla WOW as tedious and boring as it was with its extra long grind fests in certain zones, created some of the best memories I have of that game. Me and my friends exploring new zones, doing dumb stuff, encountering unique NPCs and areas, dying in hilarious ways all these things were special in their own way. The environments felt connected and easy to navigate and didn't have these abrupt transitions or zones/loading screens like most MMOs which immediately break me out of the immersion. I have hundreds of screenshots from our adventures leveling from 1-60 then 60-70 and 70-80.

Once I got to the end game content is about the time I cancelled my subscription. Finding and doing raids was a chore and doing dailies to unlock new content was absolutely miserable. I like the direction Blizzard is currently taking even though I don't agree with their new skill system but making the game more casual and less grindy is the best way to go. Not everyone has the free time to grind out 8 hours a day for new content. I am not in high school anymore and I have a full time job, I just can't find the will to grind for content.

As far MMOs go, my heart still belongs to Anarchy Online. Playing that as my first MMO after only playing Counter-Strike and Tribes 2 was like a baby learning there was a world outside his bedroom.

As far MMOs go, my heart still belongs to Anarchy Online. Playing that as my first MMO after only playing Counter-Strike and Tribes 2 was like a baby learning there was a world outside his bedroom.

I think this is how we all feel when we play our first MMO at the right time in our lives (that'd be when you have a metric fuckton of freetime). Mine was WoW so there was nothing i found tedious about anything =P Those extra long grind sessions is what made the journey IMO cause there was no rushing to 60.

Definitely, when it came to grinding WOW was at the bottom of my list. There were times in Anarchy Online where I spent weeks on the same mob killing it repeatedly for XP because it was the most efficient farming mob from level 40-70 or fighting against 5 other teams to kill an area of mobs from level 100-200. That game was the definition of grind fest but I glossed over it because it was sci-fi and the themes of the game were amazing and I just loved the community and PvP. It wasn't until I got a job that I realized how much time these MMOs were sucking away from me and how much more I valued that.

Definitely, when it came to grinding WOW was at the bottom of my list. There were times in Anarchy Online where I spent weeks on the same mob killing it repeatedly for XP because it was the most efficient farming mob from level 40-70 or fighting against 5 other teams to kill an area of mobs from level 100-200. That game was the definition of grind fest but I glossed over it because it was sci-fi and the themes of the game were amazing and I just loved the community and PvP. It wasn't until I got a job that I realized how much time these MMOs were sucking away from me and how much more I valued that.

Yea killing the same mob over and over again is never fun, and I have done that from time to time in WoW, but not on my first characters when things were still fresh. It's really insane how much time MMOs take... at this point I'm really hoping there are some seriously badass MMO's in 30-40 years... cause that's probably the next time i'll have enough time to play one lol

Hope someone can help me.
I haven’t played since the beta way back so got around to download it.
After starting the game up i get a system low memory message popup, and thisis only after maybe 5min and not even past the login screen.
So i ignore the message and continue only to receive a blue screen and asystem restart.
I have tried lowering the settings but nothing helps.
I was at least able to get to the character creation screen but that isabout it.
No matter what i do to the game setting i always get the same memorymessage.

My system specs are in my sig.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Hope someone can help me.
I haven’t played since the beta way back so got around to download it.
After starting the game up i get a system low memory message popup, and thisis only after maybe 5min and not even past the login screen.
So i ignore the message and continue only to receive a blue screen and asystem restart.
I have tried lowering the settings but nothing helps.
I was at least able to get to the character creation screen but that isabout it.
No matter what i do to the game setting i always get the same memorymessage.

My system specs are in my sig.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Well, what's your current memory usage before you run the game? I've seen that, but usually when i have multiple tabs open in multiple browsers, another game in the background, etc.

Well, what's your current memory usage before you run the game? I've seen that, but usually when i have multiple tabs open in multiple browsers, another game in the background, etc.
Nothing, ran it just after the system restarts so no browser open, no music or movie playing, no other game nothing. Even watched my system memory usage and it is at about 25% the whole time. So there really is no low memory issue. This is the only game i have this trouble with.
Had a few, graphics driver stop working crashes as well. And drivers are up to date.

Ok so I've tried to get into this a few times and haven't been able to.

I think the early shit is discouraging me, I want to get into some combat, but I all I've seen so far is a bunch of collection/courier quests.

I watched some Sorcerer PVP last night and I want to get to that as quickly as possible.

Any hints for a new player starting out? Best leveling methods? Shit you wish you knew when you started?

This game is fun playing with friends... I have a small group and we play the PS4 version like 3 to 4 nights a week.

advice to a new player? Stay out of the red! Always repair items after getting wiped several times. Train your mount at the stables every day :) honestly I feel like a noob myself only been playing a couple months or so with one character. Also when leveling don't overlook the passive abilities.. those are nice to build up - always active - and even though some only add 1 and 2% to attributes every little bit helps.

Okay, just tried again and again low system memory error and pc restart.
Am i really the only one having this problem with the game?
Will try and close some background apps like razer synapse

http://i.imgur.com/t5Y6yNX.png

Here's the error i get
t5Y6yNX

Your 2500k runs at 5.9ghz?

Do you have any additional RAM you can swap in to test?

Have you run memtest on that kit?

[L]imey;1042069108 said:
Your 2500k runs at 5.9ghz?

Do you have any additional RAM you can swap in to test?

Have you run memtest on that kit?

Yes 5.9 is the highest stable OC i could get out of my CPU and unfortunately i have no other RAM i can test but this is the one and only game that gives me this kind of problem. None of my over games has ever given me this problem.

Ill give memtest a go and see what it says

Yes 5.9 is the highest stable OC i could get out of my CPU and unfortunately i have no other RAM i can test but this is the one and only game that gives me this kind of problem. None of my over games has ever given me this problem.

Ill give memtest a go and see what it says

You sure you don't mean 3.9? Going from 3.3 to 5.9 is quite the overclocking feat indeed and if that is the case I can guarantee you aren't playing games on it. 4.9 would be impressive on the 2500k, but 5.9 I'm guessing is an impossibility.

5.9 would require exotic cooling, especially when a chip is this many years old. Curious what he's running.

Probably a typo ... 4.9ghz ~ 5ghz is pretty doable with good cooling on those 2500k's I think (1.4v and some watercooling? .. something like that).

edit: maybe with a vapochill and a cherry picked chip 5.9 would be within reach. ;)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...one-tamriel-update-to-remove-content-barriers

Good stuff is coming for this.

What's the secret to a successful install of this? What's the best way to do it?

A friend of mine went through hell a few months ago when he bought it for $30 on some sale...probably cdkeys... and the installer was a bitch to get to install the game on the drive he wanted and the download speeds make us (I was there) long for 56K.

I've noticed a lot of complaints out there along these lines. What's the deal? I wouldn't halfway mind getting into this if I could but I'm pretty intimidated at this point. I'm on Windows 7 64 if that means anything.

Bumping and subbing, was in the mood for TES but with hundreds of hours in the old games I need something new. Picked it up for $12 @ G2A and it included the pre-order bonuses.

E3 2016: The Elder Scrolls Online One Tamriel Update to Remove Content Barriers - IGN

Good stuff is coming for this.

What's the secret to a successful install of this? What's the best way to do it?

A friend of mine went through hell a few months ago when he bought it for $30 on some sale...probably cdkeys... and the installer was a bitch to get to install the game on the drive he wanted and the download speeds make us (I was there) long for 56K.

I've noticed a lot of complaints out there along these lines. What's the deal? I wouldn't halfway mind getting into this if I could but I'm pretty intimidated at this point. I'm on Windows 7 64 if that means anything.

Never got this fixed so I guess that's $30 my friend flushed down the toilet.

Now there's this: Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition

I feel like I've mentioned it about 10 times during this thread, but...did they ever fix the shitty quest system where being in a party is totally pointless?

The game wasn't terrible when I tried it but the quest and party system were just unforgivably bad.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Never got this fixed so I guess that's $30 my friend flushed down the toilet.

Now there's this: Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition

I bought mine direct from the official web site and never had difficulties installing it. That said, I also have only installed it to the default location. As far as downloads, I have actually seen pretty close to full gigabit speed from them whenever I decided to reinstall the game a few nights ago.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Well I'm finishing up my playthrough(s), I managed to get through all of DC and AD before losing interest -- about 150 hours played on two characters. I didn't touch EP, any of the guild quests or main quest, or any of the DLCs. Easily another 200+ hours of content if you can stay interested.

Very enjoyable, much better than I expected and certainly better than how naysayers describe it.

Easily worth $20 (I got it for $13). Don't even need to subscribe unless you really like hoarding crafting mats. I did play with ESO Plus since it was cheap too, about $9/mo.

I might come back when One Tamriel and the Housing patch come out. I advise anybody else to wait for those, too.

Well I'm finishing up my playthrough(s), I managed to get through all of DC and AD before losing interest -- about 150 hours played on two characters. I didn't touch EP, any of the guild quests or main quest, or any of the DLCs. Easily another 200+ hours of content if you can stay interested.

Very enjoyable, much better than I expected and certainly better than how naysayers describe it.

Easily worth $20 (I got it for $13). Don't even need to subscribe unless you really like hoarding crafting mats. I did play with ESO Plus since it was cheap too, about $9/mo.

I might come back when One Tamriel and the Housing patch come out. I advise anybody else to wait for those, too.

Yes, the game is a helluva lot better than launch. It's like a whole different game from what was there at launch. I would say that the improvements are greater than what Blizzard did for Diablo 3. D3 launched in such a poor state and now it's one of the most enjoyable ARPGs out there. Same with ESO.

I just downloaded it again yesterday. Thinking of making a new character and just immersing myself into the game. Did you try the Elder Scrolls card game? I downloaded that also.

Back