The Elder Scrolls Online

Have their finally added a fully functional auction house to the game? It's the main problem I've had with the game. Hated the whole system where you had to join guilds to trade. On top of that guilds had like max 500 members so even if you joined 5 trading Guilds (the max amount of guilds you could join) you never reached more than 2500 players you could trade it. Stupid ass system.

No that's not entirely accurate. Trade guilds with 500 members, more than likely have guild vendors. Meaning they have a guild store (aka guild trader) at a specific location for anyone to buy those items. Not just the members in the guild.

But no, they have not changed the system. And to be honest, since tamriel one rolled out, I've been getting a lot more sales since all factions can buy from my guild trader now.

So again, find a good guild with a prime location for a guild trader, such as in mournhold.

Only 500 people can join that specific guild and sell in that guild, but your guild trader (store) is open to anyone who passes by it, so all of those 500 players items for sale, are available for all to buy.

And most good guilds that are specifically for selling, make you pay a fee per week(guild traders are put on bids every week, it's costly) , and I highly doubt any guild has 500 active members at any given time, so your chances of getting in one is very possible.

Last edited:
No that's not entirely accurate. Trade guilds with 500 members, more than likely have guild vendors. Meaning they have a guild store (aka guild trader) at a specific location for anyone to buy those items. Not just the members in the guild.

But no, they have not changed the system. And to be honest, since tamriel one rolled out, I've been getting a lot more sales since all factions can buy from my guild trader now.

So again, find a good guild with a prime location for a guild trader, such as in mournhold.

Only 500 people can join that specific guild and sell in that guild, but your guild trader (store) is open to anyone who passes by it, so all of those 500 players items for sale, are available for all to buy.

And most good guilds that are specifically for selling, make you pay a fee per week(guild traders are put on bids every week, it's costly) , and I highly doubt any guild has 500 active members at any given time, so your chances of getting in one is very possible.

It was accurate during the early time I was playing the game.
So I see the system hasn't changed much and it's still bad.
So if I want to take a break from a game, I will most likely be kicked out of the guild, meaning I have to find a new one when I come back to the game. And most big guilds will have full slots because they can't afford to be on top with less than max allowed players.
I'm not sure who designed that system but they need to go back to 90's. It's terribly outdated.

It was accurate during the early time I was playing the game.
So I see the system hasn't changed much and it's still bad.
So if I want to take a break from a game, I will most likely be kicked out of the guild, meaning I have to find a new one when I come back to the game. And most big guilds will have full slots because they can't afford to be on top with less than max allowed players.
I'm not sure who designed that system but they need to go back to 90's. It's terribly outdated.

I don't ever recall a guild in any mmo keeping an inactive player on board pass the 3-5 month mark. But then again that's just me. And like you said, if guilds can only keep 500 at a time, why keep all of their inactive players? Doesn't make much sense to do so.

And why wouldn't you be able to join them back? Just shoot the guild owner a message when you do come back and you'll probably be able to join back up, right then and there.

And no believe me, consistently having 500 active/paying members is almost impossible. We run a very popular trade guild in mournhold, probably the top two or three locations to sell in the entire game, and we're still booting people because they're past the two week mark for not paying up. So yeah, I think getting in a good spot is more than possible. Just simply shoot the guild owner a message, if you can't get in the one day, keep asking until you do. Or just ask another guild owner at another vendor in the same location. Mourn hold itself has like five or six guild vendors.

The system works great if you use it right. Once you start selling at guild traders, you'll enjoy it. Even on crappy weeks I can still pull 300-500k just by selling tempering alloys.

Bidding in mournhold averages us around 3-5 million a week. We charge 5k a week and are still under from all of our player dues. A lot of times, myself and the other admins throw in quite a pretty penny to keep it going.
Dues for us is only 5k a week.

Last edited:
Guesstimate on how much a person has to pay?
Just to clarify, regular guilds such as pve or pvp guilds typically won't charge you for joining. I recommend leaving any guild that does charge you IF they're not a trade guild.

But to join a trade guild? Around 5k a week. Totally worth it.

Many trade guilds let you pay a month in advance, so you don't have to worry about getting booted. And they'll tag your name with a "paid 3 weeks" or whatever so you can see how long you've got.

Last edited:
Haha so even if I only want to sell casually but have access to a wide amount of players, I have to pay weekly/monthly? Oh boy, this is just getting better and better :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for reminding me why I quit and should never play this game again.

Haha so even if I only want to sell casually but have access to a wide amount of players, I have to pay weekly/monthly? Oh boy, this is just getting better and better :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for reminding me why I quit and should never play this game again.

It's only one portion of the game on how to make money.
You could always sell in trade chat. Many buyers all around. And it's free to do :)
As long as you're not selling worthless crap, you should have no issues going this route.

Or sell to guildies.

big news announced today...ESO is doing a Morrowind expansion...due June 6th on all platforms it introduces a new zone, Vvardenfell, a 30-hour story; a new player class, the Warden, his War Bear pet; and a new 4v4v4 PvP arena mode, Battlegrounds

Vvardenfell is apparently the same size as in The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind - occupies "the same geographic footprint" according to the press release...All the landmarks from TES3: Morrowind should be there, albeit set 700 years earlier...you'll be able to jump straight into the Morrowind content as a new player, bypassing all the existing Elder Scrolls Online stuff...

big news announced today...ESO is doing a Morrowind expansion...due June 6th on all platforms it introduces a new zone, Vvardenfell, a 30-hour story; a new player class, the Warden, his War Bear pet; and a new 4v4v4 PvP arena mode, Battlegrounds

Vvardenfell is apparently the same size as in The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind - occupies "the same geographic footprint" according to the press release...All the landmarks from TES3: Morrowind should be there, albeit set 700 years earlier...you'll be able to jump straight into the Morrowind content as a new player, bypassing all the existing Elder Scrolls Online stuff...

Hell yeah, this will def bring me back.

I'm really urged to come back for the Housing update but at the same time I figure it's better to wait for Morrowind.
Is it worth messing around with houses if you don't want to sink a ton of gold into it?

4v4v4 pvp arenas is going to be effing sweet. Been waiting for a long time for them to add this. It's about time!

2.7.5 Homestead update is out. Houses have been added along with a slew of other tweaks.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318838/

Here's a formatted list of all the houses and their Gold/Crown prices.

I'm in-game now trying to view the purchase options but I'm getting UI errors everytime. I did obtain the free apartment via quests though, and it's very small... about the size of a broom closet. You can view demos of all the available houses through the Crown Store, so it's a bit fun to go around and check them all out.

It seems that houses serve no practical purpose yet so it's mostly just a huge gold sink.

Game still is rolling along well, I'm jazzed for the morrowind expansion and 4v4v4. Anyone complaining about the economy probably hasn't played much....

I just got the Storm horse from one of the 400 crown crates, it's pretty rare right???

cnXCZTj.png

I'm starting up again, I'm just torn between continuing with my archer (which I'm sick of) or starting a new build (I don't want to start over) :(

Seems that people are getting upset because some figured out how to hold the attack button down on their keyboards and controllers and go AFK. ;)
http://kotaku.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-has-a-botting-problem-1792727078?
They're going to be really pissed when they find out about the advanced botting programs that can farm mats and run dungeons for you.
Hell I spent 10 minutes in AutoHotkey and wrote an AFK farm script. And people, including myself, have been doing that for more than a decade.

On an unrelated note, GMG has the Gold Edition for $23.97. The standard edition is also on-sale but the price isn't as good.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition/

They're going to be really pissed when they find out about the advanced botting programs that can farm mats and run dungeons for you.
Hell I spent 10 minutes in AutoHotkey and wrote an AFK farm script. And people, including myself, have been doing that for more than a decade.

On an unrelated note, GMG has the Gold Edition for $23.97. The standard edition is also on-sale but the price isn't as good.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition/

Yep when TESO launched one of the first things I did was build a macro that would move my character around so I would not get auto logged out when AFK.

Anyone come back to this game after the Morrowind XP? I started this a couple weeks ago. Bought ESO Plus for 3 months. Got to Champion last night. This game is awesome.

Anyone come back to this game after the Morrowind XP? I started this a couple weeks ago. Bought ESO Plus for 3 months. Got to Champion last night. This game is awesome.
I played for a bout 3 weeks and quit.

After this game, I have realized MMO's aren't my thing anymore unless it has a good story to follow. I would love to follow ESO's story, if the dialog wasn't so damn long.

I played for a bout 3 weeks and quit.

After this game, I have realized MMO's aren't my thing anymore unless it has a good story to follow. I would love to follow ESO's story, if the dialog wasn't so damn long.

I actually like the questing in this game. The side stories are interesting and not just fetch quests like other MMOs. Plus all the dialogue is voice acted.

I just got ESO a couple weeks ago, with the Marroowind XP. I never played ESO before. I think its great. The graphics are very nice, way better than wow.

There are tons of people online playing too, The beginner character city is busy with lots of folks. So far I'm liking it, pretty fun.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
I've been looking for a new MMO to play, but I tend to avoid them if they've been out awhile. I tried the FFXIV free trial, and even though the server is full, the towns I'm in have barely a handful of players.

That's one aspect I don't like about them typically. It feels most of the game is designed to be useless after a few weeks.

I've been looking for a new MMO to play, but I tend to avoid them if they've been out awhile. I tried the FFXIV free trial, and even though the server is full, the towns I'm in have barely a handful of players.

That's one aspect I don't like about them typically. It feels most of the game is designed to be useless after a few weeks.

Yea I think the problem I had with other MMOs like FF XIV was that I couldn't play them casually. The solo questing in ESO plays out like a normal Elder Scrolls game so that's why got me into it. And the best part about ESO is that it's Buy to Play. The monthly subscription just gives you access to extra stuff like Thieves Guild questline, Dark Brotherhood questline, etc. but the main part can be played without subscribing. You'll also find a ton of people in ESO of all levels. I think the game still has a decent population.

Yup some great points there. Also if you buy the ESO with Morrowind expansion, you automatically start your new character in Morrowind. Which is full of players right now.

I just grabbed this game for the first time.

Up to lvl 13 so far. Trying to go some sort of mage with healing.

This game is kind of overwhelming. Question.

How do you guys manage all the crafting mats? My entire inventory is almost full of shit I don't even know what it does lol

Mule characters and storing it in the bank. Raw materials and the upgrade ones are what you want to keep. Otherwise, the subscription gives an infinite craft bag shared across characters, and double bank space, but it's not needed; everyone dealt with the crafting flood for a long time before that was introduced last year. :) Buying the bank and bag spaces helps a lot (in game gold) as well as eventually upgrading the mount training for storage.

How do you guys manage all the crafting mats? My entire inventory is almost full of shit I don't even know what it does lol
First, you want to get ESO+ if possible ($15/mo), it gives you a crafting inventory which stores all of your mats so you never have to worry about it.

Second, if that's not an option, you need addons. You can use a bank addon (I use BankManagerRevived & CDGBankStack) to automatically stack all your crafting mats into the bank instantly. You can save up an invest some gold into your bank/bag/horse to increase carrying capacity, it's pretty cheap but probably not necessarily for a new player. I also use the addon FCOItemSaver to tag all crafting mats and then hide them from my inventory menu, it helps reduce clutter.

You'll also need to use some of your extra character slots to make mules, just leave them by a bank somewhere. Then when your bank is full, log into the mule and use one of the bank addons to automatically pull items into its inventory.

I also destroy cooking/fishing mats, there's tons of them and they are the least useful. Other professions you don't use can also be destroyed (I sell Alchemy mats since I don't use it).

I also use Dustman to destroy and tag junk. Stuff that's worth 0 gold and can't be deconstructed gets destroyed automatically. Stuff you want to sell gets tagged as "Junk" automatically. That way you can just visit a vendor and all the useless shit gets sold. And all the worthless stuff gets destroyed as soon as you pick it up. Vastly increases your inventory space when exploring.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info753-BankManagerRevived.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info430-CDGBankStacker.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info97-Dustman.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info630-FCOItemSaver.html

I recommend sorting through some of ESOUI's popular mods to find other stuff you may like. I'm currently running about 30 mods, most of which I couldn't play without at this point. This game has an addon system similar to WoW's, which means there's hundreds of addons and you could spend dozens of hours customizing them all.

elXLWRE.png

Last edited:
Still bummed that I never was able to get this game installed properly. Have they improved that entire situation and setup? I still see a lot of mixed feedback about it.

I will confess that I had bought the game...one of the few times I'd done this...on cd keys and that's how I got it so cheap. I wonder if that was part of problem. My posts are about 2-3 pages ago in this thread so I don't want to repeat that.

There's enough going on here that I really wouldn't mind getting into this but it's going to be the worst feeling the world if I throw any more money at this and see the same nonsense anyways.

Okay one last question about mats.

If I have all my mats in the bank, can I go to craft something and it will pull the mats from the bank, or do they have to be on my person?

My Argonian magplar just hit 46... so far so good. I've been pricing my CP10 set to start grinding to CP160.

Are you planning on healer or DPS for end game?

Healer. Solo leveled up with a hybrid aoe DPS Frankenstein, but once I get closer to 160 flip things around to full heals. Should have enough skill points by then to run a viable aoe DPS soloing build and switch to heals on the fly.

Well I just started playing. I have to say it seems fun so far, though I am trash at combat, still figuring out how to try and use skills effectively. I like the world and the character systems though. Very complex, but that appeals to me.

Only real issue I have is the game runs like shit. I have a 5930K @4GHz, 1080Ti, 32GB of quad-channel RAM, and an XP941 SSD. I am used to basically turning everything all the way up and playing on 60fps solid vsync'd. In this game? I dip down to 40 fps in the starter city. Makes me worried if it'll be playable in PvP later. Not sure what I can do to increase performance, nothing really seems to help.

I run the game locked at 30fps. I see it dip down into the 15-20fps range whenever I'm near or inside a town. The longer I play, the more performance deteriorates.
60fps+ is just impossible. It might start at 60 but it will constantly ping-pong up and down like a rollercoaster.

The game is optimized like trash. I run AAA games fine with a 1080ti but this game will run in low 20s in high populated areas. Also with the event, the ping spikes have been crazy, I love this game but they really need to update the servers/engine.

Ya I've come to the conclusion that I just have to deal with it. I guess it gives me an excuse to buy an 8700K :D.

So far game has been fun, though I am perpetually cash-strapped as one always is starting a new MMO.

Back