The Division 2

Well that is a shame....I used Bakers Dozen along with Chatterbox....

What is a decent rifle, or really anything, to pair with a Chatterbox now?

I think the Mk17 series / Everlasting Gaze would be a good option. Decent damage, good fire rate, and standard 20 rd magazine (expandable to 30 or 40 rounds)

Anyone else pretty much stop playing? I can't find usable gear to improve my current build nor to legitimately try something else. It just feels so deliberately restrictive it dissuades me from loading the game up.

I quit with my friends once we realized that, after hitting the "new" endgame, all there is repeatable BS. Massive just doesn't have a damn clue on how to keep the game being fun.

Yeah.....I'm kind of fed up with TD2 right now but I won't whine, it just feels like TD1 1.3 all over again. The only reason why I'm playing it is because of the seasons.

Speaking of which, for some reason I can't capture 2 CPs in each of the districts in NY? I've done the bounties and missions but the CPs aren't hostile? Why?

The Coney Island mission is bugged too, I can't progress past the section after the mortars.

Also, TD1 Global Outbreak is happening right now too.

Last edited:
From the latest TU, the M1A classic was nerfed (-40%) and now today in the latest State of The Game podcast it was announced that it will be un-nerfed (PVE only) after all the public outcry. In PVP it will still be nerfed -20% though.

Last edited:
Yeah.....I'm kind of fed up with TD2 right now but I won't whine, it just feels like TD1 1.3 all over again. The only reason why I'm playing it is because of the seasons.

Speaking of which, for some reason I can't capture 2 CPs in each of the districts in NY? I've done the bounties and missions but the CPs aren't hostile? Why?

The Coney Island mission is bugged too, I can't progress past the section after the mortars.

Also, TD1 Global Outbreak is happening right now too.

You need to reset the CPs they don't get retaken. I believe this was intended, but then they said it was broken also so who knows. If you go to the global difficulty settings, you can either change difficulties which should reset them, or you will see a button to reset CPs. It will reset all CPs to hostile.

The only reason it is worth playing right now is for the season pass since it was free. Get your rewards, double XP for the week to rank up your SHD levels, and do the bounty.

While the season rewards path is account wide, I believe the bounty reward will be character based.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
You need to reset the CPs they don't get retaken. I believe this was intended, but then they said it was broken also so who knows. If you go to the global difficulty settings, you can either change difficulties which should reset them, or you will see a button to reset CPs. It will reset all CPs to hostile.

Now why I didn't think of that? I feel stupid. I will try that later. Thanks

Is there a clan for all you guys in here I could hop in?

Yeah, there's a [H]ardForum clan, I don't know the exact name but Danpepe is the leader of the clan so talk to him.

Our clan is OCP:hardocp, I'm not the leader but I can get you in since our fearless leader is slacking again :p

I think there are two clans that are H or H affiliated from what I remember. One is OCP and there's another one I've seen mentioned too.

EDIT: Denpepe beat me to post.

Glad to hear you guys are still playing this (y)

(Tis a quality title, I just never delved deep enough unfortunately)

It may have already been posted, but I just read about it. There is a site that has the map with where everything is. https://division2map.com

I always have play store credit on Android from rewards and always look for something to spend it on. I upgraded through Android for Pro and just use it to complete all the collectables. You may not even need Pro for it to be useful. It was only a few bucks for a one time purchase. I run it on a second monitor and mark the stuff I have found. It is nice for the easy XP right now to go through the season levels. I just wish I had known about it during the Jungle Apparel event.

That is a ridiculous amount of time someone spent on that.

I am in the process of completely swapping my build over to skill damage at the moment. Seems far easier than my previous build which was all crit based and I died a lot more.

I figured I had nothing to do so would try to do the manhunt. The Dragov fight just kills any desire for me to play this game. It just shows how broken some of the mechanics are. Roll to cover only to get stuck to a wall. The slow and panful time to kill on NPCs so you can't even kill the purples to get the miniguns. The bulletsponge shield which take no damage. I shot them with 6 survivalist arrows and still full armor. The broken heals which randomly just do nothing or just stop following you. I ran out of LMG ammo and was then one shot while trying to use the only restock in the middle of the room. I give up. This just isn't worth the frustration.

I just switched away from a skill DPS build / well stowed it in the stash. Since they nuked the Sendoff shotgun, no point in being squishy - unless it's a healer build. Skill DPS is going on the shelf until they redo it - which they say will happen in a future patch.

I figured I had nothing to do so would try to do the manhunt. The Dragov fight just kills any desire for me to play this game. It just shows how broken some of the mechanics are. Roll to cover only to get stuck to a wall. The slow and panful time to kill on NPCs so you can't even kill the purples to get the miniguns. The bulletsponge shield which take no damage. I shot them with 6 survivalist arrows and still full armor. The broken heals which randomly just do nothing or just stop following you. I ran out of LMG ammo and was then one shot while trying to use the only restock in the middle of the room. I give up. This just isn't worth the frustration.

the first time I tried that mission at like level 38 it was painful. I failed 5 times in a row and gave up. I came back at level 40 and figured out the trick - ignore the red/purple guys and focus on Dragovs buddies. Shoot their feet to being them down faster. Once they’re both down, and it’s just Dragov and reds/purpled, it all becomes much easier. It wasn’t being level 40 that helped it was figuring out a better strategy.

the first time I tried that mission at like level 38 it was painful. I failed 5 times in a row and gave up. I came back at level 40 and figured out the trick - ignore the red/purple guys and focus on Dragovs buddies. Shoot their feet to being them down faster. Once they’re both down, and it’s just Dragov and reds/purpled, it all becomes much easier. It wasn’t being level 40 that helped it was figuring out a better strategy.

My problem with ignoring the adds is my armor just goes away like it is paper. I have under 1m armor.

I went through it with a random tonight and he just blew through it so it must just be a combination of me sucking and my gear. I felt like I was holding him back.

Of course like the bugfest this game is, it didn't count towards the manhunt, and it was on the correct difficulty. It said mission completed at the end and I exited completely.

On my first toon I had similar issues, on subsequent toons I did it much faster in the leveling process and it went a lot smoother as your old gear is not yet useless the other zone bosses are easier compared to that one.

Those new random rogue agents sucks ass though, they hit like a truck and spam abilities.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
For those doing the season, Kajika is part of the time trial. Run it challenging with stinger and seeker mines and don't worry about wiping. You will quickly blaze through the bleed challenge. I did all 10 levels in about 30 minutes or so.

FYI Cassie Mendoza has Baker’s Dozen and Contractor’s gloves for sale this week.

I guess right now if you want to farm XP you should do Warhound convoys. They have said they are going to nerf the XP on it in an upcoming update.

I think I have finally narrowed down my biggest issue of this game. Inconsistancy. This game just isn't consistent. I am not talking about the various things the NPCs get to do that you can't do, but literally every time I login I never feel like I know how I am going to do. My accuracy is always winthin a few perentage points so it isn't that somedays I just can't hit anything. I really feel like somedays weapons just do less damage. I did Cony Amusement in 25 minutes on Challenging on my first attempt last night. Everything felt easy and other than a few stupid deaths it was no big deal. I started to wonder if I should try challenging. Tonight I can't get past the first room. Same gear, same weapons, nothing changed. I just can't seem to even damage shields tonight. It felt like my damage was a quarter of what it was the night before. I don't know if it is a bug. If it is server lag, but it makes sense now why some nights I just get so frustrated with this game. I never got this frustrated with online shooters.

I guess right now if you want to farm XP you should do Warhound convoys. They have said they are going to nerf the XP on it in an upcoming update.

I think I have finally narrowed down my biggest issue of this game. Inconsistancy. This game just isn't consistent. I am not talking about the various things the NPCs get to do that you can't do, but literally every time I login I never feel like I know how I am going to do. My accuracy is always winthin a few perentage points so it isn't that somedays I just can't hit anything. I really feel like somedays weapons just do less damage. I did Cony Amusement in 25 minutes on Challenging on my first attempt last night. Everything felt easy and other than a few stupid deaths it was no big deal. I started to wonder if I should try challenging. Tonight I can't get past the first room. Same gear, same weapons, nothing changed. I just can't seem to even damage shields tonight. It felt like my damage was a quarter of what it was the night before. I don't know if it is a bug. If it is server lag, but it makes sense now why some nights I just get so frustrated with this game. I never got this frustrated with online shooters.

Keep in mind that after a reset enemies change so you may run into more annoying combos some weeks making your life miserable. I can only assume this get's even worse the harder the difficulty you play one.

Having not played near as long as a lot of you, I don't think anything is all that difficult. I can blow through everything on Challenging. Heroic Control Points take forever, and you really need backup and teamwork, but that is what I would expect.

I switched off DPS and went full-on skill damage. I used Assault Turret and Airburst Mines. They shred everything, DZ guys included. I'm not running anything fancy on weapons, a Chatterbox and a Surge rifle and an Acostas Backpack. The rest of the items are all a mix or yellows and named items that give skill dmg and skill haste.

The only thing I think is bonkers is the Raids. The one with the two robots is just ridiculous lol.

I'm still barely useful in Conflict matches though. I'm chalking it up to my SHD level being so low compared to others at this point. I think I'm at 105 or 110 or something.

Still trying to complete my specializations and still can't do firewall since every time I go, the door to Maya Walsh won't open.

I'm still barely useful in Conflict matches though. I'm chalking it up to my SHD level being so low compared to others at this point. I think I'm at 105 or 110 or something.

I've played this game a lot and I’ve always been terrible at Conflict. Something about the PvP of this series has always felt off to me, I’ve just never been good at it.

The PVP is just janky to be honest. I've never had decent low latency performance with the last game or this game.

Reanimation event started yesterday and it is kind of cool. They really should permanently add these things as settings you can select when rerunning missions.. Pair it with farming cleaner elites, and it may make that it easier. The reanimated seem like they are being counted as an additional kill so kill elite without headshot, let reanimate, and kill again.

The rest of the manhunt is live. Also the new patch which tweaked the enemies to address things like the NFL quarterbacks throwing grenades came out today.

That's quite a list.

I haven't loaded this up since the start of the third manhunt. It's not like I'd have anything useful drop if I did complete it.

Are the drops worth it to finish the manhunt? I kinda hit a wall pretty quick with the game where I didn't see a ton of options to upgrade.

I think that is my only gripe with Division 2. Not enough loadout options. You either go Heal, Crit DPS, or Skill damage. It isn't like a diablo style game where you can pick one of those 3 and then have a myriad of options for each category.

If you didn't finish the season levels to 100 it is probably worth it since you get a bunch of caches this way. Also people are saying finishing the manhunt gives you a guaranteed exotic drop. If you just want to finish the manhunt, supposedly if you matchmake for the final hunt you can get the talent without having to do the rest.

I do agree with the limited builds though which has always been my gripe with the game. I never saw a reason to use a shotgun or a SMG since the damage is too low with the way it is designed. If you could kill people in one or two shots, then yeah it would be fun to play run and gun, but as it is now I just sit back and pick headshots. I wish there was a mix of The Division and Breakpoint. I love the city setting and the cover mechanics, when you don't get stuck, are good, but I wish the enemies took less hits like in Breakpoint. The most fun I have is when a bunch of overlapping reds get into it from different factions or I am taking over a control point and have a supply run come in causing multiple waves.

On Hard the enemies were noticeably easier, but I also swapped a couple of gear to try a different build which could have added.

After playing a bunch now, I've come to the realization that half-ass hybrid builds simply don't work. My "DPS" build was built like a normal person would - to soak a couple of shots and do some damage (maybe half blue and half red) but at the test range my output was only about 1-2million DPS (on a good day). My buddies would always outrank me in mission summaries for damage done, except my one other buddy who built his toon like I did.

I talked with / asked / bugged a lot of people to get their advice and here are a few things I learned and did:

1) Optimize synergies - which is a little easier now since only chest and backpack have talents. Sounds simple I know, but if you do x type damage, get a weapon or gear or class talent that optimizes the x type effect (like bleeds or blinds or burns or whatever) or vice versa. I used to pick an AR / weapon drop with good stats and just roll with it but now I would throw a demo grenade or stinger hive or other gimmick that did X effect first. Now I'll also run overwatch or vigilance or companion or whatever that suits my playstyle / build along with a good offense or a defense chest talent like spotter or unbreakable.

2) For dps builds, crit, crit, crit. Try for 60% but get 30-40 at least, then stack crit damage. This made a world of difference. Also keep in mind that crit chance is per bullet, so high rate of fire weapons (which usually do less damage per bullet) = more chances to crit. Downside = running out of bullets / reloading all the time. SMGs, IWI NEGEVS or the like.

Side note: The Bullet-King is AMAZEBALLS! Aside, do Wall Street and keep doing it until this drops for you (or a generous buddy who gives it to you). Also Providence/Ceska/Grupo for life.

3) Keep in mind your play style and optimize for that. The SMG crit builds / lady death / striker are only good if you are going to be running around, dodging bullets and shooting people (and have a tank / shield build or other good DPS builds in your group who can pull aggro).

4) If everyone is doing DPS, be self-sufficient, run heals and revive hive. No one wants to have to stop DPSing to come revive you all the time. Now and then, sure (everyone gets sniped by the doggoes). But not all the damn time. Being dead or having someone stop to revive you = you / them not doing DPS / reduced group DPS. Especially on these timed runs / events.

BONUS FUNFACT) Make sure to focus on talents and gimmicks that say AMPLIFY which are damage multiplicative and not damage additive, like Ranger, as long as it suits your play style (i.e. Ranger is best for guys that sit in the back and snipe from range). If you want to really live on the edge ... Perfect Glass Cannon ...

(If you are on EST, feel free to add me: themaker387 - my buddies and I usually run 3 man, so we have a spare slot. CP4s, bounties, missions, we're just switching from challenging / starting on heroics).

Is anyone playing this on Stadia? I will never be a console player and don't get to game much on PC.

Back