The Division 2

brennok

[H]ard|Gawd
Same here. I’m seeing a lot of posts about how difficult the game has become, I’m wondering if I have my world set differently or if I’m just not participating in challenging events. It doesn’t feel all that different to me.
Normal also and I go in waves. Sometimes I am having a blast and feel a bit overpowered, but I like it. Then sometimes it feels like I can't kill anything. It really switched once I got into the world tiers. I stumbled into a group of random NPCs last night and they were all fighting each other. Then all of the sudden they all turned and started targeting me. I had a table as cover and I was almost immediately surrounded. I was then getting sniped by a robot dog I couldn't see.

I tried the library event and opened the elevator only for two axe wielding yellows to walk out and one hit me. I never bothered to go back.

I can also tell the sponginess has increased since my accuracy rating is the same or better at the end of events but I am burning through double the ammo. I took a checkpoint back and then the following waves ran me out of ammo. I couldn't find the restock box either so had to completely switch weapons.

I am at the point since still trying to complete world tiers that I just focus on armor. I just die to easily otherwise.

Denpepe

[H]ard|Gawd
Some update from the developpers here
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/fkqio8/state_of_the_game_march_18th_2020/
Excerpt regarding difficulty
General Difficulty Discussion

As mentioned last week, they are looking into the overall difficulty discussion.
In general, they can say that they like that the game is challenging and they like that there are different difficulties and that they mean something. So when you change the difficulty from Challenging to Heroic, that it also plays differently and that is what they would like to see.
What they don’t like is that the sponginess of enemies comes into conflict of having fun and it becomes boring to chew through a ton of armor to kill an NPC. So that is something they are looking at.
What they also don’t like is unfair time to be killed – so the time an NPC needs to kill a player. While an NPC can be lethal, it is not good when it can kill a player without a clear reason why. In essence, you should always have time to react when you encounter an enemy and not get instantly killed without the chance to counter it.

We will see how it works out

Last edited:

Porter_

Supreme [H]ardness
Normal also and I go in waves. Sometimes I am having a blast and feel a bit overpowered, but I like it. Then sometimes it feels like I can't kill anything. It really switched once I got into the world tiers. I stumbled into a group of random NPCs last night and they were all fighting each other. Then all of the sudden they all turned and started targeting me. I had a table as cover and I was almost immediately surrounded. I was then getting sniped by a robot dog I couldn't see.

I tried the library event and opened the elevator only for two axe wielding yellows to walk out and one hit me. I never bothered to go back.

I can also tell the sponginess has increased since my accuracy rating is the same or better at the end of events but I am burning through double the ammo. I took a checkpoint back and then the following waves ran me out of ammo. I couldn't find the restock box either so had to completely switch weapons.

I am at the point since still trying to complete world tiers that I just focus on armor. I just die to easily otherwise.
I don’t even see an option to adjust the world tier anymore, nor do I see anything that tells me which world tier I’m on. Last I left it I was on world tier 5. No idea anymore.

Frraksurred

2[H]4U
I don’t even see an option to adjust the world tier anymore, nor do I see anything that tells me which world tier I’m on. Last I left it I was on world tier 5. No idea anymore.
They just renamed the tiers to Easy through Heroic with Normal being default. The setting is at the bottom of your map screen.

Business6

[H]ard|Gawd
A step in the right direction

I'm looking forward to the changes. The reduction in the wardogs health/damage and the drone health have already helped a lot.

Now if they just reduced that gas damage or outright removed that god awful shit...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Business6

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't know how they did it but it's even worse than before.

7 deaths before I managed to capture then begin to defend a level 4 control point and another 2 after a friend joined. I used to farm these.

SereLaw

Limp Gawd
After raging with the DPS and Talent glitch I can't hardly log in anymore now that they are gone.
The most fun I ever had in the game.

I never got around to using talent glitch, I didn't even know about it until someone in the clan yesterday mentioned it in clan chat. Can someone briefly tell me what this glitch was?

I've been playing TD1's Global Event, so yesterday was the first time playing TD2's GE. I like it, but one question, how do you force the enemy to reverse polarity or whatever that challenge is?

Last edited: