The Division 2

February/March are going to be killer months for gaming- Metro Exodus, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Division 2 etc

I can't remember which edition that offered that cool orange ring watch, a patch(?), and some other stuff but anyways I hope Ubi/Massive will do something like that for The Division 2.

I've sworn off pre-orders but after 1,919 hours in TD1, I'm very tempted to to pre-order TD2.

Geez how many different pre-order editions are there? I love the game but don't feel like spending over a hundred bucks for the Pom Pom Beanie Ramos edition.

I can't remember which edition that offered that cool orange ring watch, a patch(?), and some other stuff but anyways I hope Ubi/Massive will do something like that for The Division 2.

I've sworn off pre-orders but after 1,919 hours in TD1, I'm very tempted to to pre-order TD2.

1263 hours and counting for me. By far my most played game ever. I’m preordering at some point, just want to make sure it won’t be bundled with a nvidia RTX card since I’ll more than likely be upgrading soon.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. RTX is obnoxiously over priced and they haven't even released benchmarks yet. Division 2 looks interesting, but I'm not breaking my "no pre-order" for it, especially given the current pre-order BS. I am apt to like this game, but I'm waiting for reviews and reasonable pricing.

Make enough noise ahead of time and maybe we get lucky. Hey, if even almighty EA blinks on Star Wars Battlefront 2 you never know.

E3 Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer...

After getting psyched for TD1 from the E3 Gameplay trailer I have to pass. I will wait til an early access streamer shows the full game before launch.

I wonder how they pick who gets alpha access, i have over 400 hrs into D1 and never got an invite, gaming buddy of mine never even played the first and he got alpha
Lottery, probably. They don't want to stack the testing with people who may have a bias toward the game and not get any critical feedback.

I hope I get one. I signed up probably right around the time that thread was first made.

lucky dogs who got into the alpha..hoping for beta access but I am not going to pre-order.

I may have to have a 1080 or something by then as well... I bet no SLI cause ubisoft and a single 980 is not great anymore :(

Last edited:
They sent my Alpha Invitation to an old email address. Used it for Division 1 and should have remembered, but no matter. I managed to get roughly 5 hours in before it closed.

Ubisoft and their bullshit can suck sewage, but I have to admit, I'm more excited for the game now than I was before the Alpha. It was buggy, and there were things I hope they change, but overall they got a lot of things right. I wanted more, a lot more, and this was just Alpha.

Heads up, $13.50 for the original Division: Gold Edition on Uplay right now....

Very happy with my purchase!

If the sequel is even half as optimized, I'll be ecstatic.

(1080p, buttery 60fps @ Ultra = totally unexpected)

*cheers and now super-looking forward to the sequel*

If the sequel is even half as optimized, I'll be ecstatic.

(1080p, buttery 60fps @ Ultra = totally unexpected)

*cheers and now super-looking forward to the sequel*

I played at 4k on High settings with x2 AA on the rig in my sig. My monitor will only do 60hz, but the Alpha was still between 45-65 fps. Assuming they optimize, but also polish the visuals, I think it's a good indicator that we'll be alright.

I just took the post Alpha Survey. The typical stuff, including some good opportunities for feedback. There is an extended Survey option that includes your comments at the end. I was "constructive", but I made it plain that the one thing that would affect my decision to purchase more than anything was Ubisoft's bullshit. Six different versions of the game, increased stash size behind pay wall, microtransactions, multiple year passes (which I have less of a problem with if they come with good content), etc. I'm excited for this game, but there are other games out there (Metro Exodus, Anthem, Days Gone, Left for Dead 2, etc) I can spend my money on if they cannot pull their head out of their collective asses. I will vote with my wallet, and Ubisoft needs to be reminded of this at EVERY TURN.

I will vote with my wallet, and Ubisoft needs to be reminded of this at EVERY TURN.

It's been a great year for gaming, that's for sure.

I mean, I have Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Monster Hunter World installed. (Not to mention my staples like Skyrim, Grim Dawn etc etc)

That's some killer competition for my time right durr....

It's been a great year for gaming, that's for sure.

I mean, I have Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Monster Hunter World installed. (Not to mention my staples like Skyrim, Grim Dawn etc etc)

That's some killer competition for my time right durr....

More like one of the worst so far, next year is looking much better though with Anthem, Rage 2, division 2 maybe even borderlands 3

I just took the post Alpha Survey. The typical stuff, including some good opportunities for feedback. There is an extended Survey option that includes your comments at the end. I was "constructive", but I made it plain that the one thing that would affect my decision to purchase more than anything was Ubisoft's bullshit. Six different versions of the game, increased stash size behind pay wall, microtransactions, multiple year passes (which I have less of a problem with if they come with good content), etc. I'm excited for this game, but there are other games out there (Metro Exodus, Anthem, Days Gone, Left for Dead 2, etc) I can spend my money on if they cannot pull their head out of their collective asses. I will vote with my wallet, and Ubisoft needs to be reminded of this at EVERY TURN.

I don't get the 6 different versions or the stash size paywall. They still haven't said how much more space you're supposed to get. If you're a veteran of Division 1 I doubt anyone would 'need' that extra stash space. Besides, weapon mods will no longer take up said space and will be unlockables instead. Even in Division 1 I still hoard way too much crap. I assume we'll know what's good and what to junk. So I doubt I will pay for that part of it.

Hopefully when the Beta comes around it won't sway me to buy those overpriced editions. I will try to stick to the base game.

Hopefully when the Beta comes around it won't sway me to buy those overpriced editions. I will try to stick to the base game.

I need to look at that stupid spreadsheet, but it sounds like we'll need to spend $100 to get the year one pass, which they have not quantified yet either. They've mentioned a story mission and some PvP stuff, but no details. I'm not spending money until I know what exactly I'm getting and they sort out all this early access, paywall BS.

I can't say much at all but I loved playing the TA. I just hope that the multiple versions/paywalls don't jack up how I can play the game. I wasn't too fond of TD1's DLC releases & lack of story content.

I can't say much at all but I loved playing the TA. I just hope that the multiple versions/paywalls don't jack up how I can play the game. I wasn't too fond of TD1's DLC releases & lack of story content.

Apart from players who are willing to spend $120+ having a week headstart on the rest of us (affects PvP), and extra Stash space (Ubisoft being dicks and seeing if we'll let them get away with it), the pre-order nonsense doesn't look to affect gameplay. The standard edition should play the same as the ludacris $200 DZ edition.

I was pretty late to the first one (as in started this year) so I got it pretty cheap and after playing a bunch I got the extra stuff also pretty cheap, seeing how fast new games go an sale these days, may want to hold out a it if unsure if you don't mind beeing behind the pack that is.

I was pretty late to the first one (as in started this year) so I got it pretty cheap and after playing a bunch I got the extra stuff also pretty cheap, seeing how fast new games go an sale these days, may want to hold out a it if unsure if you don't mind beeing behind the pack that is.

Agreed. If D2 is anything like D1, the campaign will be the funnest part of the game (Alpha supports this), so it is only in the end game where anyone needs to worry about lagging behind others. If you play regularly and have a competitive side, then I can see buying day 1, if you get to play on occasion between work, family, and the rest of it (like the rest of us), then you won't be keeping up anyone. Waiting for a sale seems more applicable.

Since playing the Alpha, I have frankly lost interest in almost everything else I own, lol. I just want to play more Division 2. :LOL: There is a lot of stuff coming out next year, beginning in February with Metro Exodus, so I'm sure I'll live.

Since playing the Alpha, I have frankly lost interest in almost everything else I own, lol. I just want to play more Division 2.

Tell us more please! I thought the devs were supposed to release some Dark Zone info in December, but that may not happen until January. They were inviting some big name youtubers over to their studios to hopefully play and record some PvP action. But Marco hinted they can't show it until January.

I'm dying over here, it's been a drought of information about this game since E3.

Tell us more please! I thought the devs were supposed to release some Dark Zone info in December, but that may not happen until January. They were inviting some big name youtubers over to their studios to hopefully play and record some PvP action. But Marco hinted they can't show it until January.

I'm dying over here, it's been a drought of information about this game since E3.

Dude I would love to, lol. But I signed an NDA. Most I can say right now is the game was fun, the mechanics felt good, the world was engaging with more to do than Div1 offered. I didn't make it into the DZ, so I can't comment on PvP, but the enemy AI in the open world is much smarter, they flank and use more real world tactics. Combat felt more engaging without just being Div1 1.3 frustrating buckets of health. All in all I just had a good time, despite all the bugs, and am still hungry for more. Maybe we can get on Discord some time and talk more.

I'm definitely in agreement that I couldn't get enough of TD2. March can't come fast enough. It's probably my most anticipated game of 2019 at this point but there may be others worth my while. For now I just want TD2 to be a rich story driven experience with a ton of exploration & looting.

I'm definitely in agreement that I couldn't get enough of TD2. March can't come fast enough. It's probably my most anticipated game of 2019 at this point but there may be others worth my while. For now I just want TD2 to be a rich story driven experience with a ton of exploration & looting.

Amen brother, lol.

Metro Exodus in Feb, Division 2 in March, Rage 2 in May, Outter Worlds some where in there, Anthem in the "Fall", whatever other suprises pop up during all that. It's going to be a busy year.

Also jmaker the Closed Beta is supposed to be out in January with the open Beta roughly 2 weeks after that. You should still get a chance to play the game before launch.

Amen brother, lol.

Metro Exodus in Feb, Division 2 in March, Rage 2 in May, Outter Worlds some where in there, Anthem in the "Fall", whatever other suprises pop up during all that. It's going to be a busy year.

Also jmaker the Closed Beta is supposed to be out in January with the open Beta roughly 2 weeks after that. You should still get a chance to play the game before launch.

Thinking about it, I will be aiming for all of the good open world games that you listed. Not sure which ones will wind up exceeding expectations out of that list though. Hopefully all of them especially TD2.

Amen brother, lol.

Perfect timing for the beta, thats my slow time of year, have to get a group together

Perfect timing for the beta, thats my slow time of year, have to get a group together

That would be awesome! When was the last time we all got together? Late 2016? We filled 2 full squads and were having trouble not accidentally shooting one another, lol. Good times.

Back