The Division 2

Same here. I’m seeing a lot of posts about how difficult the game has become, I’m wondering if I have my world set differently or if I’m just not participating in challenging events. It doesn’t feel all that different to me.

Normal also and I go in waves. Sometimes I am having a blast and feel a bit overpowered, but I like it. Then sometimes it feels like I can't kill anything. It really switched once I got into the world tiers. I stumbled into a group of random NPCs last night and they were all fighting each other. Then all of the sudden they all turned and started targeting me. I had a table as cover and I was almost immediately surrounded. I was then getting sniped by a robot dog I couldn't see.

I tried the library event and opened the elevator only for two axe wielding yellows to walk out and one hit me. I never bothered to go back.

I can also tell the sponginess has increased since my accuracy rating is the same or better at the end of events but I am burning through double the ammo. I took a checkpoint back and then the following waves ran me out of ammo. I couldn't find the restock box either so had to completely switch weapons.

I am at the point since still trying to complete world tiers that I just focus on armor. I just die to easily otherwise.

Some update from the developpers here
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/fkqio8/state_of_the_game_march_18th_2020/

Excerpt regarding difficulty
General Difficulty Discussion

As mentioned last week, they are looking into the overall difficulty discussion.
In general, they can say that they like that the game is challenging and they like that there are different difficulties and that they mean something. So when you change the difficulty from Challenging to Heroic, that it also plays differently and that is what they would like to see.
What they don’t like is that the sponginess of enemies comes into conflict of having fun and it becomes boring to chew through a ton of armor to kill an NPC. So that is something they are looking at.
What they also don’t like is unfair time to be killed – so the time an NPC needs to kill a player. While an NPC can be lethal, it is not good when it can kill a player without a clear reason why. In essence, you should always have time to react when you encounter an enemy and not get instantly killed without the chance to counter it.

We will see how it works out

Last edited:
Normal also and I go in waves. Sometimes I am having a blast and feel a bit overpowered, but I like it. Then sometimes it feels like I can't kill anything. It really switched once I got into the world tiers. I stumbled into a group of random NPCs last night and they were all fighting each other. Then all of the sudden they all turned and started targeting me. I had a table as cover and I was almost immediately surrounded. I was then getting sniped by a robot dog I couldn't see.

I tried the library event and opened the elevator only for two axe wielding yellows to walk out and one hit me. I never bothered to go back.

I can also tell the sponginess has increased since my accuracy rating is the same or better at the end of events but I am burning through double the ammo. I took a checkpoint back and then the following waves ran me out of ammo. I couldn't find the restock box either so had to completely switch weapons.

I am at the point since still trying to complete world tiers that I just focus on armor. I just die to easily otherwise.

I don’t even see an option to adjust the world tier anymore, nor do I see anything that tells me which world tier I’m on. Last I left it I was on world tier 5. No idea anymore.

I don’t even see an option to adjust the world tier anymore, nor do I see anything that tells me which world tier I’m on. Last I left it I was on world tier 5. No idea anymore.

They just renamed the tiers to Easy through Heroic with Normal being default. The setting is at the bottom of your map screen.

A step in the right direction

I'm looking forward to the changes. The reduction in the wardogs health/damage and the drone health have already helped a lot.

Now if they just reduced that gas damage or outright removed that god awful shit...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I don't know how they did it but it's even worse than before.

7 deaths before I managed to capture then begin to defend a level 4 control point and another 2 after a friend joined. I used to farm these.

After raging with the DPS and Talent glitch I can't hardly log in anymore now that they are gone.
The most fun I ever had in the game.

I never got around to using talent glitch, I didn't even know about it until someone in the clan yesterday mentioned it in clan chat. Can someone briefly tell me what this glitch was?

I've been playing TD1's Global Event, so yesterday was the first time playing TD2's GE. I like it, but one question, how do you force the enemy to reverse polarity or whatever that challenge is?

Last edited:
You can change their polarity by punching or shield bashing a member of the npc squad.

Division 2 I hope all forum members are safe and the best of health during this bullshit. Division 2 related post for the mods.

Indeed.

And hopefully you all aren't having too much of a hard time with that POS DARPA mission

Just a heads up, you lose access to the daily project of turning in mats for a random recipe once you go to NY. Even if you come back, the project goes away. I liked it since I don't have many recipes.

If you start a new character and go through the tutorial and get your first skill point, you can then boost a new character to 30 through the menu. Just park this character in DC to do the daily project. The lady next to the crafting bench sells a cheap recipe and mats account sharing. You just have to buy it every time you have new recipes you want to share. It is a few in game credits so cheap to do.

I didn't realize this after boosting a new character to complete WoNY and then finally moved my original alt to NY after hitting WT5. I don't see any current need for more than 1 or 2 alts so this seems like a good use of a free spot if you have one. I also always seem to have too many basic mats so can't even loot them.

Well I just hit 30. This is everything the first game should've been.

After the entire map resets, it feels like a real world when you go out there.

I felt the same way, but going to NY just soured me on the game. I only play now because I have nothing else to do and even then it is a control point or two and I sign out.

I hated the boss fights in NY. With the first season pass included with the expansion, I doubt I will buy another pass. I don't care about leagues since I will never do challenging or heroic runs. Manhunt would be interesting if it didn't require you rerunning all the story missions, but because of that I won't complete the manhunt. I did the missions too recently so have zero desire to revisit them. I started to do one tonight and just alt-F4'd out of the game after getting killed in one hit by a melee attack from someone several feet away from me. They definitely would have been out of range for me. The rewards from both events would be nice, but the requirements turn me off. You need 6.5 levels a day based off reddit math to get all the keys for the jungle event. Nope not happening here.

I guess I just get frustrated with the game since I see the potential and how actually shallow it is.

The Pestilence/True Patriot build floating around out there on YouTube and Reddit is really fun. Might be my new favorite build.

What suggestions would you guys have for me. My gear score is hovering right around 495-500 total. I like doing the quick play 4v4 fights, but I'm just dead weight bc of my gear.

Been doing bounties a bit today and that seemed to help. The Dark Zone doesn't seem to give you anything crazy for how annoying it can be. I'm kinda just bouncing around aimlessly doing stuff at the moment.

Shit man the Dark Zone should be the top-difficulty group raid zone and they should remove PvP altogether. They've consistently shown there's no way to balance the game with gear being for pvp/pve modes and they can't control the cheats. I also stand by my assessment that pvp in Div1/2 is the single most toxic experience I've ever had in multiplayer gaming. All aspects of pvp in this franchise is cancerous.

What suggestions would you guys have for me. My gear score is hovering right around 495-500 total. I like doing the quick play 4v4 fights, but I'm just dead weight bc of my gear.

Been doing bounties a bit today and that seemed to help. The Dark Zone doesn't seem to give you anything crazy for how annoying it can be. I'm kinda just bouncing around aimlessly doing stuff at the moment.

Do you have the expansion? 500-515 is the top for World Tier 5. If you are topped out, head to NY.

I do not have the expansion. Is that kind of a must have if I want to keep progressing?

I was gonna start trying to hunt down exotics

Hmmm... tried buying the expansion, but UPlay is trash. I click Buy and then it spins and just doesn't do anything lol.

Guess I'll keep roaming around

Okay I got it to work on the UPlay website, no clue why it wouldn't let me purchase in the app.

So after completing everything in the expansion do all items stay at lvl40 description? I'm wondering if I forgot to do something for it to switch over to the 500+ etc rating system.

Anyone else pretty much stop playing? I can't find usable gear to improve my current build nor to legitimately try something else. It just feels so deliberately restrictive it dissuades me from loading the game up.

Some good news for the owners of old and or crappy exotics stolen from here https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...update-9-incoming-adds-exotic-reconfiguration

TITLE UPDATE 9

• Launches on April 21
  • Full patch notes will be available closer to release
  • Will include further balancing based on community feedback
Some fixes in Title Update 9 include:

• Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to reach The Angel of Mercy contaminated area.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Nemesis Exotic to not trigger the Focus Gear Talent while scoped.
  • Replaced the Thieves Den PS4 trophy that was unobtainable since the expansion launch. It’s currently planned to be replaced by entering the Dark Zone.
  • More fixes to Gear Sets, fixing Aces & Eights’ Poker Face not working properly, for example.
  • Booster Hive description will be fixed to correctly state that the hive delivers a stimulant to nearby allies that increases their weapon damage and handling.
Balance changes in Title Update 9:

• “Best in slot” items like Hollow Man Yaahl mask are receiving minor changes.
  • Buffs and performance improvements to underperforming talents and weapons.
EXOTIC RECONFIGURATION

• Allows players to upgrade exotics up to level 40 at the crafting bench through a new Reconfigure menu.
  • Reconfiguring allows players to reroll their exotics for a cost, allowing for a chance to get a god roll after acquiring the weapon.
  • Players can reconfigure the same exotic multiple times.
  • Reconfiguring uses exotic components and reconfiguration blueprints, which are available for all exotics.
  • Blueprints are purchasable from Inaya, the crafting vendor.
  • Existing upgrade blueprints that you own will automatically be converted to reconfiguration blueprints.
  • Reconfiguration can yield positive or negative changes to the weapon’s roll, and is not impacted by the player’s Global Difficulty setting.

I was just trying to gain access to Angel of Mercy contaminated area. Even watched some YT videos to try to get in, but I lost patience after about five minutes, and went off to clear some CPs.

Okay I got it to work on the UPlay website, no clue why it wouldn't let me purchase in the app.

So after completing everything in the expansion do all items stay at lvl40 description? I'm wondering if I forgot to do something for it to switch over to the 500+ etc rating system.

Yes everything just shows as 40. I think the world tier was something introduced later as a way to add new content.

The only other thing you will see is season levels going up which have thier own rewards.

I was just trying to gain access to Angel of Mercy contaminated area. Even watched some YT videos to try to get in, but I lost patience after about five minutes, and went off to clear some CPs.

$hit is still broken. I just went there and still cannot get up over the canisters to gain entry.

I’m pretty bummed your season progress is shared among all of your characters. I brought my second character up to level 40 last night hoping to start fresh in the season and earn some of the earlier rewards (e.g. the Coyote mask) again, only to find out your season progress is shared and you can’t earn those items again.

I know some people said Coyote mask drops now also so it is another way to get it.

$hit is still broken. I just went there and still cannot get up over the canisters to gain entry.

I believe this is being fixed in tomorrows patch based off the notes on reddit.

I believe this is being fixed in tomorrows patch based off the notes on reddit.

Ah...I thought the patch was already released. I guess it helps to read the release date of April 21st...DOH. I will have to try it again today or tomorrow.

I updated my old lvl 30 nemesis to lvl 40 says 1.2m damage, should be fun to test out later tonight.

Patch was almost 10 GB

Well they hit the classic M1A with a nasty nerf hammer. Mine now does the same damage as the other rifles that hold 40 rounds like the Everlasting Gaze. I see little reason to use it now considering it only hold 10 rounds.

Well they hit the classic M1A with a nasty nerf hammer. Mine now does the same damage as the other rifles that hold 40 rounds like the Everlasting Gaze. I see little reason to use it now considering it only hold 10 rounds.

Yup, I'm pretty sad/upset about this change. What made it worse (in my opinion) was that the devs forgot to mention it in their patch notes until TU9 was released (link: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2218056-Title-Update-9-Patch-Notes).

Classic M1A and Baker's Dozen
  • Reduced damage by approximately 40%
Community team comment: This change was intentional and we apologize it was not in the original Patch Notes. Due to a lapse in communication, it didn't make into the list.

I was running the M1A with max rifle damage + the Ranger attribute combined with the Sharpshooter specialization for the last 2 months and it was a beast. Last night, I had little trouble capturing a Heroic control point solo. Guess I'll have to stash this and replace it with a different rifle.

Tested the nemeis a bit on coney Island missions, hit's like a truck and does not seem to autoshoot anymore if you keep the button down and also vibrates less.

Yeah leaving it out of the early notes was definitely intended. This was the rifle I enjoyed. Slow RPM but powerful though not as good as a marksman. I may be taking a break now. I will probably login just for the daily recipe farming.

i find the other rifles too fast and I have a difficult time not blowing through ammo. I just liked them for up close when I needed to break through the ungodly amount of NPC armor.

Well that is a shame....I used Bakers Dozen along with Chatterbox....

What is a decent rifle, or really anything, to pair with a Chatterbox now?

Back