Posted in the News section before I realized there was a thread here.

Not too bad. Running 1500 core, 3900 mem. CPU is at 4.4.

2016-2-25_00001-png.521

Here is mine on a 290x stock clocks and a 8350 overclocked to 4.7.

View attachment 445

You have to tell me where you got that wallpaper.

It's also convenient that the new cards will be releasing around me the time all the VR systems will be out. Not that the 290x is a slouch or anything.

You have to tell me where you got that wallpaper.

It's also convenient that the new cards will be releasing around me the time all the VR systems will be out. Not that the 290x is a slouch or anything.

Hey Dayaks glad you like the wallpaper, I have others but to get the same one it's at Wrath Redux NCMares has quite a few nice ones to choose from as well.

Anyone know why my SVR test is not recognising my SLI? It does not show 2 GPUs....

Rig in Sig, Win 10 Pro, recent drivers.

Anyone know why my SVR test is not recognising my SLI? It does not show 2 GPUs....

Rig in Sig, Win 10 Pro, recent drivers.

did you updated SteamVR benchmark? it received a light patch like 15mb I think..

If you cross your eyes, you can watch it in 3D ... I guess that means left and right are swapped.

GTX 770 bottlenecking a bit but otherwise it ran fine.

Attachments

• VR test.png
    VR test.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 49
Mine went off the chart also, but i couldn't help but notice in the test program, it looked like it lacked AA a LOT. Isn't this detrimental to VR?

Mine went off the chart also, but i couldn't help but notice in the test program, it looked like it lacked AA a LOT. Isn't this detrimental to VR?

It was REALLY low resolution as well! I thought the VR headsets (OcRift and Vive) have 2MP+ screens? This was, like, 768p?

It was REALLY low resolution as well! I thought the VR headsets (OcRift and Vive) have 2MP+ screens? This was, like, 768p?

I think something is off about it, unless there's something we don't know about, but I would think this would be even more prominent when wearing the actual headset. I have, sadly, a very good eye for jaggies....

Yeah it [the VR test] feels like a bit of PR mostly, really. *shrug*

I wish that they'd allow that fidelity rating to go past 11 to show what kind of headroom there is if a system were really pushed... While the resolution for the Vive PRe and the Rift are locked down, it appears that they aren't running the bench with anti-aliasing or any of the other GPU sucking features turned on. Will be interesting to see if for VR they allow you to tweak GPU VR settings outside of the games themselves or not.

This game is the most pay-to-win game I have ever played. To have any hope of being able to make it to the top you will have to spend at least 2-3 thousand dollars of your hard earned cash on hardware that will be useless within a year. There is no gameplay to be found, just a series of cutscenes with no relevance to each other at all. This is a grim sign of where the industry is headed.

This game is the most pay-to-win game I have ever played. To have any hope of being able to make it to the top you will have to spend at least 2-3 thousand dollars of your hard earned cash on hardware that will be useless within a year. There is no gameplay to be found, just a series of cutscenes with no relevance to each other at all. This is a grim sign of where the industry is headed.

Lol.

Out of curiosity, any others running with a Fury? I just got a Sapphire Tri-X yesterday, and it's absolutely fantastic compared to the 970 I had before (for some strange reason I was getting awful scores in the SteamVR tester with it), and it does reasonably well. I'm slightly annoyed that I'm only getting 8.2 with it (only .4 higher than others' 970s) but that's probably because it's stuck in an NCase

Attachments

• clicky.png
    clicky.png
    28 KB · Views: 32
OCed my GPU, pushed it up .6. Gonna see how much further I can go.

EDIT: Pushed it to 9.1, so I think I'll leave it there for now. Either way, I'm ready!

Attachments

• ss (2016-03-07 at 07.40.09).png
    ss (2016-03-07 at 07.40.09).png
    28.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
SteamVRtest.png

Tried it for fun. So much for the minimum CPU claim. <25% load the entire time.

The question is, why doesn't Oculus do the same thing instead of telling us that our CPU's are not in their list - lol.

I ran this with my 7970 early on and it was just below the "ready" line (1.1GHz 6GHz on memory)

I ran it again recently about two weeks back and it was lucky to hit the middle of the capable line on Windows 10

Sounds like the drivers were gimped.

It is a fuckin shit fest. Quit giving it legs. Move on and place your effort somewhere that matters!
F-Me that is a hella lotta posts to discuss something that anyone who is clear thinking could tell is a bag of shit.
Read the posts. DO NOT argue with me please.

Yeah, I think the problem is that it uses The Lab stuff which is highly optimized, probably one of the most optimized VR games out there right now. But many other titles are more demanding and/or not as well optimized, so it's really not a good indicator for how well VR will run in general.

My Vega 64 Liquid Cooled on "Balanced power mode" scored a 13258.
This is on a Q6850K (@4.3Ghz) with 16GB of DDR4.
Vega 64 Liquid Cooled - Q6850K - Steam VR.JPG

what drivers? I just scored 12438 with an rx vega air and a ryzen at 3.8Ghz. Average core clock was around 1500Mhz or so, undervolted to 1050 and +15% power.
Newest standard drivers. Balanced mode in wattman, nothing modified otherwise. My friend had aircooled Vega and had a very similar score to yours. That's about right for air cooled

Fast enough? 20K frames tested

was getting like 290fps in the simulation on one card.

I did try SLI on AFR2 mode and was getting over 300fps but it made the test report a low FPS. I think it may have been outside the software's bounds.

1080ti SLI but only one card was used on AMD 1950x stock clocks.

VR_Perf_Test.png

Back