Steam Summer Sale 2011

what?

anyways, just this week I've got too many games (>30...) among Steam and others to keep me busy until the new year. I still prefer Steam (less places better), hope they soon to release a new pack: NV+2dlc and have it on sale for $15 or less, and I'm in.

Yea what the previous person said basically. I've seen New Vegas on sale cheaper in other places, such as Best Buy currently for people in the US, and it was cheaper at $10 on D2D a few weeks ago as well. But I haven't seen the DLC on sale yet anywhere else. Yes its a few dollars really, but for some people its more of that bargain hunters mentality than the actual cost difference.

There are 2 more New Vegas DLCs planned, with one coming out later this month. Though I've heard it commented that they will consider up to 8 total DLCs depending on how things go. But you can probably expect an all in one type edition when they are all released.

I actually mainly haven't purchased my own copy (I've played my friends closer to when it was released) because I didn't want to run into the situation of having to pay for every DLC at full price, and wanted to wait for a GOTY type edition. But if Steam will have sales on DLC, then I wouldn't mind.

Bully: Scholarship edition: I was considering this for $3.74, but after watching some youtube gameplay videos, I had my few laughs and I feel as though I've already played the game... I'll save my time...pass

Mount and Blade: Fire and Sword: Just to update my M&B collection, sure.

Fallout NV (and Fallout 3): I'll wait for a GOTY deluxe collection or whatever, and then for that to be inexpensive like the Oblivion GOTY deluxe I just picked up for $8.50

@ limitedaccess
Very agreed. I like gaming but daily life's just too busy, and I'm not the type who needs to play in trend all the time. If I passed a game for the first 2 months, don't mind another 6 month or a year. This round I got DA Origins Ultimate (with Awakening + 9 DLCs), and Just Cause 2 with all the DLCs, kind of deals I'm looking for.

I wasn't looking to buy anything but I had 15 in my paypal account, i picked up warband since i've been wanting to play it and trine. I also go DA:Ultimate from Origin.

Yeah I got the mount and blade pack too. No intention at all of playing it till a friend brought it up. I tried the demo and it just felt slow, laying down the foundation for your army, etc.

But I just seen a MP video on your tube of a 100+ person server and that did it for me!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXIet_HDmsI"]YouTube - ‪Linebatteling with the 77th Pehotniy! - #1 - by DiplexHeated‬‏[/ame]

Darksiders is still the #1 deal this sale for me by far :)

Fallout NV (and Fallout 3): I'll wait for a GOTY deluxe collection or whatever, and then for that to be inexpensive like the Oblivion GOTY deluxe I just picked up for $8.50

Fallout 3 already has a GOTY with all DLCs. So you can look for that, though I doubt it will be that low this sale.

@ limitedaccess
Very agreed. I like gaming but daily life's just too busy, and I'm not the type who needs to play in trend all the time. If I passed a game for the first 2 months, don't mind another 6 month or a year. This round I got DA Origins Ultimate (with Awakening + 9 DLCs), and Just Cause 2 with all the DLCs, kind of deals I'm looking for.

Yea I'm kind of the same way, if I don't get the game preorder or right at release, I pretty much wait for the sale.

Though I think I will just get New Vegas now, and hope they offer the remaining DLC as sales down the line. Part of the issue is with Skyrim coming out for me, I predict that to likely take up my interest, so waiting until a Christmas sale for a New Vegas GOTY type pack, might make it seem too dated then. And I don't suspect it too be much cheaper at that time either.

Posting for two things.

First - Pointing out that you need to organize your wishlist and that if you add anything during the sale sometimes it shifts your wishlist around. So before it's over make sure you revise your most expensive items to the first 10 spots and save it, then don't mess with it until contest is over.

Second - Curious what other people would recommend for expensive wishlist items...I've been adding anything I thought was interesting but it's Steam is starting to throw DLC and everything else out there on it's pages and it gets pretty cluttered browsing through for newer/popular stuff.

My Wishlist right now: I dunno if they will award pre-order wishlist items..anyone know?

Witcher 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Might and Magic Heroes VI
Rage
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Fallout: New Vegas - Yes I realize it's incredibly cheap right now but it just happened to be one of the most expensive items on my wishlist the other day...and I really didn't like Fallout 3.
Arcania - Gothic 4 - Just because I'd like to try it, but probably wouldn't buy it.
Serious Same 3 - I have no idea what to expect with this so....free.
Portal 2

And the rest of the stuff is just there to see if it goes on sale at a quick glance during this week - Terraria it's on sale but not a daily sale deal yet waiting to see, D&D: Daggerdale - doubt it'll go on sale think it's new.

So any suggestions to add to the wishlist that myself or others may have missed?

Posting for two things.

First - Pointing out that you need to organize your wishlist and that if you add anything during the sale sometimes it shifts your wishlist around. So before it's over make sure you revise your most expensive items to the first 10 spots and save it, then don't mess with it until contest is over.

Second - Curious what other people would recommend for expensive wishlist items...I've been adding anything I thought was interesting but it's Steam is starting to throw DLC and everything else out there on it's pages and it gets pretty cluttered browsing through for newer/popular stuff.

My Wishlist right now: I dunno if they will award pre-order wishlist items..anyone know?

Witcher 2
Rage
Fallout: New Vegas - Yes I realize it's incredibly cheap right now but it just happened to be one of the most expensive items on my wishlist the other day...and I really didn't like Fallout 3.
Arcania - Gothic 4 - Just because I'd like to try it, but probably wouldn't buy it.
Portal 2

And the rest of the stuff is just there to see if it goes on sale at a quick glance during this week - Terraria it's on sale but not a daily sale deal yet waiting to see, D&D: Daggerdale - doubt it'll go on sale think it's new.

So any suggestions to add to the wishlist that myself or others may have missed?

I'm not even bothering to compete in that. Good luck, though.

Seriously, fuck the competition and fuck the "Camp store" with the bullshit you have to do in games to get points. What are we, 6 years old? This is the same kind of garbage that utterly ruined TF2, a game I once adored.

Last edited:
Posting for two things.

Witcher 2
Rage
Portal 2

I put Dungeon Siege 3 on my list, just because I really liked the old ones, but I don't think this new one looks up to par. Since it'd be free if I won, it'd be perfect because otherwise I won't pay for it until it hits $5 on sale.

I put Dungeon Siege 3 on my list, just because I really liked the old ones, but I don't think this new one looks up to par. Since it'd be free if I won, it'd be perfect because otherwise I won't pay for it until it hits $5 on sale.

If you liked Dungeon Siege II you'll like anything.

I've been enjoying the summer camp achievements, honestly. I learned a new way to build things in Defense Grid when I attempted the Out of Bullets achievement and gave me another hour or two in a game that I hadn't played in a couple months. Getting the new acheievements in Serious Sam, Trine, and Zombie Driver took less than 10 minutes combined.

It's a gimmick, yes, but I see it as a reason to visit games that are still installed to try something different with them. I look forward to each days new ticket items to see what game I'm going to visit again and wipe the dust off of.

Allow me to quote myself from earlier in the thread:

The good deals today that most people probably will overlook are Bionic Commando Rearmed (great side scrolling action remade from the 80s nes title, has local coop) and Alpha Protocol. Ok, I know, the game has a bunch of bugs and got hammered critically, the interface isn't great, and the controls are sloppy. But it's still Splinter Cell crossed with Mass Effect. If that sounds like fun, and you are a patient gamer, YOU WILL LIKE IT. I've beat the game twice and I'm going to play it again at least one more time. It has a very good story and rewards attention to detail in both the text and the conversations. Similar quality/bugginess to Vampire: Bloodlines if you remember that cult classic.

Seriously, fuck the competition and fuck the "Camp store" with the bullshit you have to do in games to get points. What are we, 6 years old? This is the same kind of garbage that utterly ruined TF2, a game I once adored.

WE. I love these types of competitions! Of course the chances of winning are slim, but the thought of winning the top ten games of my choice exhilarating. I don't mind at all firing up and old game and picking up an achievement. The defense grid one was quite fun actually. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you said this crap ruined TF2... achievements?

Oh well, a few less entries in the contest then :p

wow wow wow our insulting friend nothing wrong with doing the camp activities, they are optional after all :rolleyes:

Yes! Was hoping the Beat Hazard Ultra DLC would drop in price further if it went DD...got my wish. :)

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl 4.99 (franchise sale)
---Call of Pripyat 3.74
---Clear Sky 2.49
Beat Hazard 2.49
AI War Fleet Command 2.49
King Arthur 13.39 (franchise sale)
Secret of Monkey Island SE 4.99 (franchise sale)
Civ V (Civilization 5) 24.99
Shift 2 Unleashed 34.99 (franchise sale)
Guild Wars Trilogy (franchise sale)
Monday Night Combat 3.74
Wings of Prey 4.50
Deus Ex GOTY 2.49 (franchise sale)
CoD MW1 9.99

GW is awesome and I think I'm finally going to bite on the redone Monkey Island games. Not bad, all around.

Civ V - $24.99
Secret of Monkey Island SE - $4.99
AI War: Fleet Command - $2.99
Beat Hazard - $2.49
King Arthur - $13.39 - NOW $3.00
COD 4: MW - $9.99
Wings of Prey - $4.50
GuildWars Trilogy - $14.99
Stalker: SoC - $4.99
Monday Night Combat - $3.74
Deus Ex: GotY - $2.49
NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed - $34.99

Last edited:
Civ5 is pretty good, but dangerous with how long it will keep you playing one game.

Does Guild Wars still have an active population?

11.22 for all 3 STALKER titles isn't too bad though they might have been cheaper before.
Deus Ex needs no introduction.
Beat Hazard is a great game, well worth the 2.49.
MW1 is easily worth the 9.99.

I might get MNC because of how cheap it is; I'm not sure. Otherwise my only buy today will be the Ultra DLC for BH.

Damn Steam, always having games I already own on sale for cheap. Pretty soon every game I own retail I will also own on Steam.

Getting all the Stalker games again. Uninstall disk versions, redownload Steam ones. I don't mind it for these since I still play them all at least once a year.

AI War: Fleet Command, any good? I love Sins of a Solar Empire and SPAZ if it is anything resembling them.

How are you guys saying CIV V is a good price when it was on Gamers Gate for $11 or $16 depending on local you bought it from.

How are you guys saying CIV V is a good price when it was on Gamers Gate for $11 or $16 depending on local you bought it from.

I was referring to the game play. I got it for free a while back when I bought my SB setup.

It is well worth the $60 I paid for it when it came out. My deployment seemed more bearable because of it. It was easier to get into as a new Civ player that IV was IMHO too. I should grab the missin DLC I need for it while it is on sale too I suppose.

Seriously? :\ CoD4 should really be $5 at this point.

A couple years ago, I said "not buying that until its $10 or less" and up until this sale, $15 was the lowest price its been, now this is the cheapest! Meh... Fuck them, I'm not touching that shit till its $5 or less, the greedy bastards!

im looking for something worth getting but nothing yet. those indie games might be great but thats not what im looking for.

Back