Steam 2013 summer sale is here!

I think Gaben has just given up at this point. What a massive load of fail this summer sale has been, same recycled shit day in day out.

I think Gaben has just given up at this point. What a massive load of fail this summer sale has been, same recycled shit day in day out.

People need a fucking reality check. I dont know if its just unrealistic expectations due to the hype of waiting for it or what but that's EVERY steam sale. The same few dozen games revolving at different prices.

Is that as good as Grid 2 is going to get? $29.99?

For a 3-month old game, yeah I'm guessing $29 is the best we're gonna see.
I'd probably wait to see if any of those DLC packs get rolled into a package too.

Just bought Bully. I think it cost me three bucks. It's a Rockstar game I've been meaning to get around to. Guess it'll get added to the pile.

People need a fucking reality check. I dont know if its just unrealistic expectations due to the hype of waiting for it or what but that's EVERY steam sale. The same few dozen games revolving at different prices.

Finally someone who gets it. Is this everyone's first Steam sale or what. Its always been this way where the same games show up 3-4 times throughout the sale. That's how steam sales work. Also not every game ever made goes on sale, again how the Steam sales work.

Metro:LL is a solid shooter. it is similar to the first. You have two different play styles. You can stealth the humans and you have to kill the monsters. about the only thing I did not like was the scripted "unkillable" monsters where you have to figure out and use the environment, but even that is not too hard.

That's a possibility, but the same camp could argue complacency on Valve's part as well as their apologists.
There is no right answer, but the digital distro market has changed and it's disappointing to see Valve's failure to adapt.

Last edited:
I'm about to give up on a Quake/ID pack....quit putting repeat stuff back on sale and get this on up.

Wait a month for QuakeCon... that is how I got my Quake games for pennies.

And QuakeCon being less than a month away is the reason why they are not on sale..

It's so funny to see people whining about these sales. You do realize they DON'T have to have them at all, right? They could just put it up for full price, and you can buy it or suck it. Console gamers pay $60 a game and rarely get anywhere close to the prices we are paying, even for older games. Self entitled whining is the new norm I guess.

This Steam sale has sucked and today is the worst day so far. Every past Steam sale has either had a great game from the past year with the DLC packaged together in the $7.50 - 10.00 range or a great game from the past year in the $5 range. The only "sales" I've considered were Dishonored at a little over $10 (I'm in at $5 or even $7.50 since I won't play it for 6 months, but $10 is too steep), Sleeping Dogs for a little over $6 (it should be $5 by now), and Max Payne 3 for $10 (it should be $5 by now). I may be a casual gamer these days and only play a half dozen games a year, but I can't remember the last Steam sale were I didn't add at least a couple of games to my backlog. This sale has been depressingly sad.

Finally someone who gets it. Is this everyone's first Steam sale or what. Its always been this way where the same games show up 3-4 times throughout the sale. That's how steam sales work. Also not every game ever made goes on sale, again how the Steam sales work.

No, it hasn't always been this way. There used to only be daily deals with better prices, no repetitive flash and community vote deals, and some games only came up for a second time on the last day of the sale. This sale fucking sucks.

It's so funny to see people whining about these sales. You do realize they DON'T have to have them at all, right? They could just put it up for full price, and you can buy it or suck it. Console gamers pay $60 a game and rarely get anywhere close to the prices we are paying, even for older games. Self entitled whining is the new norm I guess.

This is the worst argument I've ever seen. First off, no, they don't HAVE to have the sales, but generally companies want to make money, and heavy Steam discounts have been proven to boost sales and profits moreso than fewer sales at higher prices. Second, most of the people around here already have a huge backlog of games..."you can buy it [at full price] or suck it" is stupid, it's more like, "they can discount the games or THEY can suck it, because we're not paying that much for games when we already have a dozen of others to play". Finally, retail console games go down to $20 or less after awhile as well. Not as quickly as PC games, but you can also have pretty steep discounts on digitally distributed console games as well. Not to mention all of the indie titles on all platforms that are pretty cheap.

The fact of the matter is, the PC gaming market continues to be saturated by cheaper indie titles that are often just as fun as "AAA" titles. It's a hard sell anymore to ask $60 for a PC game, as is evidenced by the fact that even pre-orders on AAA titles are often discounted down to $45 or less.

I've actually spent more on this Steam sale than in all previous ones combined.

Bought at least a game a day, and more often two or three, all at 5-10 bucks apiece... and collectively I'm still paying less than the cost of a single retail game. But I've got enough games to last a year, never mind to next Steam sales around Halloween or Xmas. I think Steam has saved PC gaming, actually.

Today I got Baldur's Gate: Enhanced, that'll go into the growing backlog.

That's a possibility, but the same camp could argue complacency on Valve's part as well as their apologists.
There is no right answer, but the digital distro market has changed and it's disappointing to see Valve's failure to adapt.

Its not a possibility, its the way it has always been. The whiners can argue all they want but this one is just like all the previous steam sales.

In what way has the market changed and how is valve failing to adapt? That line makes absolutely no sense at all.

Tempted by Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition... Good game or pass ? Comments would be greatly appreciated...

Wait a month for QuakeCon... that is how I got my Quake games for pennies.

And QuakeCon being less than a month away is the reason why they are not on sale..

Will do...just had that old skool itch. I guess I'll scratch it with the Unreal Deal Pack I bought.

Trials Evolution for $10 is well worth it, especially since it also comes with Trials HD levels that were previously only on 360. There's a lot of content there for $10, and it's a damn fun game if you like a challenge.

Trials Evolution for $10 is well worth it, especially since it also comes with Trials HD levels that were previously only on 360. There's a lot of content there for $10, and it's a damn fun game if you like a challenge.

Is this game like a current Motoracer? Man, that game was fantastic...

I've owned trials evolution for quite a while (I ride as well) and the game is incredibly fun (and equally frustrating on the harder tracks).

Well worth it imo.

Just updated Flash sales - just another rehash of stuff that was already offered.. Getting old.

sale sucks. Only thing I picked up was all the DLC and season pass packs for BL2.
Waiting to see if Metro last light get better on price to pick it up. Well See.;)

sale sucks. Only thing I picked up was all the DLC and season pass packs for BL2.
Waiting to see if Metro last light get better on price to pick it up. Well See.;)

Check the for sale/for trade section man. It's routinely cheaper than $30 there. Or there is some code to make it $25 on Amazon. Otherwise you will have to wait, it won't go cheaper during the sale. Things never go cheaper than the daily deal price during a sale.

Check the for sale/for trade section man. It's routinely cheaper than $30 there. Or there is some code to make it $25 on Amazon. Otherwise you will have to wait, it won't go cheaper during the sale. Things never go cheaper than the daily deal price during a sale.

yeah picked it up on the forums. was cheaper than on steams sale. :D

I've been eyeballing this, I think I want it, but I hesitated when I saw Uplay acct required. Am I correct in assuming it's going to want Uplay client to run as well?

I've been eyeballing this, I think I want it, but I hesitated when I saw Uplay acct required. Am I correct in assuming it's going to want Uplay client to run as well?

yeah Steam on top of uplay...sexy!

I watched the trailer for Trials and it reminds me of Elasto Mania. Too many hours spent playing that back in the day.

I finally bit on my first game of the summer sale... Hitman Absolution. I will probably play it for an hour and never finish it.

Yes, but so far from my experience uplay is not that bad. I turned off the autorun for it and now it just runs when i want to play farcry. IMO FC3 is worth the annoyance, beat it copy your save then ditch it.

I was hope grab cheap deal $4.99 some games I want.

Lists below.

Crysis 3 $4.99
FarCry 3 $4.99
Skyrim with all DLC $4.99
Metro :LL with all pack $4.99
Grid 2 with all pack $4.99

if not on summer sale then GTFO ! and waits for this winter sale.:rolleyes:

Now few days to go expires, Steam better throw some sh*t good deals.:D

Last edited:
Back