Steam 2013 summer sale is here!

do you mean Condemned: Criminal Origins?
I doubt it's going to be a daily, don't you notice that the dailies are all AAA games or popular indie titles?
I love condemned and got it for $2 at GG a while ago, if you want a good deal on condemned and are patient (the game has been out for 7 years and you don't have it yet so I'm guessing that's a huge yes) it goes on sale at greenmangaming/gamersgate maybe once a year for $3-5

Thank you sir! :) Yes, I meant Criminal Origins. I've played it on 360, but I want to replay it, and seeing as I no longer have a 360... :(

And there's no way in hell I'm paying $15 for it. :D

got a 100 dollar gift card and it's hard to find games worth buying. so far ive bought

audiosurf
bastion
borderlands 2
castle crashers
dark souls
darksiders
deadlight
dishonored
dungeon defenders
mark of the ninja
mirrors edge
skydrift
sleeping dogs
tomb raider
torchlight 2
trine 2
universe sandbox
the walking dead + 400 days
xcom enemy unknown

18 bucks left, 4 more days of the summer sale. hoping they wont just recycle deals.

got a 100 dollar gift card and it's hard to find games worth buying. so far ive bought

audiosurf
bastion
borderlands 2
castle crashers
dark souls
darksiders
deadlight
dishonored
dungeon defenders
mark of the ninja
mirrors edge
skydrift
sleeping dogs
tomb raider
torchlight 2
trine 2
universe sandbox
xcom enemy unknown

18 bucks left, 4 more days of the summer sale. hoping they wont just recycle deals.

If you don't have them.. skyrim/deus ex hr/fallout 3/fallout new vegas are great games

bit on Far Cry 3... I love those open world games. :) (and very eyefinity/surround friendly is a BIG plus)

LOL current flash sale is the same shit over and over I swear.

That's all any of them are. The flash sales and community votes are the same things you'll be seeing in the daily deals. That's why I don't get when people get their panties in a wad because the game they wanted didn't win the community vote. Every one is guaranteed to be a daily deal at some point.

audiosurf
bastion
borderlands 2
castle crashers
dark souls
darksiders
deadlight
dishonored
dungeon defenders
mark of the ninja
mirrors edge
skydrift
sleeping dogs
tomb raider
torchlight 2
trine 2
universe sandbox
xcom enemy unknown

meh, you have enough game hours there on backlog that you could wait until the summer 2015 sale to finish off the gift card.

I think the steam sales stopped being good when they introduced the flash deals and community votes.

I'm about to give up on a Quake/ID pack....quit putting repeat stuff back on sale and get this on up.

I think the steam sales stopped being good when they introduced the flash deals and community votes.

The Steam sales never stopped being good, people just got conditioned to seeing digitally distributed games go on sale for cheap.

I think the following is more accurate:

Steam shoppers start complaining when they can't buy any of the Summer/Winter sales because they've already bought those games in a previous sale (at Steam or elsewhere).

Or they've seen some games up to 90% off and wonder why all games can't be on sale for that much/cheap.

I was blow away on how cheap Deus Ex: HR was. Such a fantastic game. In fact I haven't replayed it yet this year, I'll have to get onto that.

Or they've seen some games up to 90% off and wonder why all games can't be on sale for that much/cheap.

I was blow away on how cheap Deus Ex: HR was. Such a fantastic game. In fact I haven't replayed it yet this year, I'll have to get onto that.

Yeah, I hopped on Deus Ex as well.

Just wanted to point out. "Dont Starve" is one hell of a game. I was able to snag it off someone for $5 but would have certainly paid $10 for it. Extremely fun and unforgiving. Grab it if you can.

Do the deals get better (in price) as we get closer to the end of the sale?
ie; if a game was for sale @ 66% off retail will they put it up for say 75% off as we get closer to the end?

ie; if a game was for sale @ 66% off retail will they put it up for say 75% off as we get closer to the end?

Nope if a game is 75% off on day 1 and it comes back the last day it will still only be 75% off

Nope. If it's been on a daily, flash, or community choice sale, that's as good as it'll get for the duration.

Dishonored, CS:GO, Torchlight II so far. Not bad for $20. Definitely more than $20 worth of entertainment there.

The one game I want just refuses to go on sale. Trials: Evolution, why won't you go on sale!??!

WTF?

Sorry
The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

Also, its the same bullshit indie games over and over and over that are on sale! This summer sale is very disappointing. Only game I got so far is "Sleeping Dogs" for $5! Guess I'll wait till the Xmas sale to buy the games for $5 that are $20 right now. It's not like I don't have a backlog of like 50 games.

I cant even get Steam main page to load. On Web browser and through Steam App

I've only seen whiteout in steam app

does this mean HL3?

Our bodies aren't ready for HL3!

And that would be a hell of a deal, to get HL3 on Steam Sale. Even better, instead of it being on sale, they sell it for full price and sell a couple million copies in the same day lol.

Our bodies aren't ready for HL3!

And that would be a hell of a deal, to get HL3 on Steam Sale. Even better, instead of it being on sale, they sell it for full price and sell a couple million copies in the same day lol.

You're past the clouds man, past the clouds.

Any opinions on Metro Last Light?

I never played the first Metro but looking at the gameplay video of Metro Last Light, it looks fun.

edit: Why the heck does it not show how much hard drive space it takes up?

hmmm... well.... it's no tomb raider.. not sure I am hooked yet though.

To each is own. I have both games and logged ~145 hours in Far Cry 3. Tomb Raider is good, but it's more of an interactive movie than an action game.

It's good, but Far Cry 3 is much more playable IMO.

Any opinions on Metro Last Light?

I never played the first Metro but looking at the gameplay video of Metro Last Light, it looks fun.

edit: Why the heck does it not show how much hard drive space it takes up?

Did you play any of the STALKER games? This is STALKER without the open world aspect, and a bit more creapy. Haven't played LL yet, but the original Metro was well worth it. I would expect this one to be the same.

and no idea on HDD space...

Back