Steam 2013 summer sale is here!

Whats all the hate? Steam discount almost every game the catalog has. You can pick up most game for 50% off.

Im interested in sang-froid!

Steam Summer Sale 2013: Same Shit Different Day.

Yeah...disappointing that with 4 days left they start recycling deals already.

TBH I don't think they should recycle deals at all since they typically bring back all the deals on the last day anyway.

Whats all the hate? Steam discount almost every game the catalog has. You can pick up most game for 50% off.

Im interested in sang-froid!

Read some reviews... looks like a nice indie find.

Yeah...disappointing that with 4 days left they start recycling deals already.

TBH I don't think they should recycle deals at all since they typically bring back all the deals on the last day anyway.

They dont bring back all the deals on the last day. They bring back a few of the more popular ones only.

Not sure if I missed discussion of the cards, but I don't understand them and the Steam page that tries to explain them is complete crap. I play games, I don't play Steam. I am avoiding them.

Seems like complete shit to me:
Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards earned by playing games on Steam. Sets of cards can be turned into game badges and tradable Steam community items.

who cares? they don't hurt anything and for people who play games like tf2 you can trade for items with them.

[LYL]Homer;1040055819 said:
Not sure if I missed discussion of the cards, but I don't understand them and the Steam page that tries to explain them is complete crap. I play games, I don't play Steam. I am avoiding them.

Collect all ten and you get this summer's sale badge. Just like previous sales you voted for community choice 'x' times and you earned the badge. They're just integrating their stupid little card game to it.

[LYL]Homer;1040055819 said:

You can sell cards directly on the Steam market (other users buy them) for money into your Steam wallet (basically store credit).

I need a checkbox to remove the cards from the deals, then I'd be left with the real sales. Currently there are 48 card deals out of the 100.

So far I've picked up

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
GTA 4 Complete edition (already have one copy modded out, got this mainly for DLCs)

only about $20 out of pocket so far.

What good are the cards once you collect them all? Just cool fluff to have in your inventory?

you craft the cards into a badge. I think it increases your steam "level" and displays on your profile page. And with higher levels you get perks for your profile. in other words, bullshit they thought of so people can spend real money to get and trade electrons with others, and unlike previous sales where you would get shit for buying and playing games, this now can be done year round with games that have cards.

you craft the cards into a badge. I think it increases your steam "level" and displays on your profile page. And with higher levels you get perks for your profile. in other words, bullshit they thought of so people can spend real money to get and trade electrons with others, and unlike previous sales where you would get shit for buying and playing games, this now can be done year round with games that have cards.

you can still sell all the cards you get in the games you play on the marketplace and use that money to buy other games. i love the cards. i have been buying all my games with real money and leaving the money i got from cards i either already had or got from buying/voting in this sale as a slush fund for getting badges and shit that i want. i maxed out my tf2 badge, and im lvl2 summer sale badge, and i still have like $3. between that $3 and voting the rest of the sale i will probably try to max my summer sale badge for shits and giggles. i got lucky though, cuz i sold all my cards that i got at the very beginning cuz i figured the same as you, that it's worthless shit. i got like $1.50 each. now theyre like $.15 each so i dont really mind buying them.

tldr: if you like the cards, it's another fun way to play around on steam. if you dont like them, you can sell the COMPLETELY FREE cards for real money and use it to buy games.

tldr: if you like the cards, it's another fun way to play around on steam. if you dont like them, you can sell the COMPLETELY FREE cards for real money and use it to buy games.

The thing I dislike is the duplicates. I mean, I bought $60ish worth of games last night alone, for a total of 6 cards ... except it was only two different cards, and both of them I already had, instead of maybe a little variety and giving me one of the two I didn't.

Just sold them this morning and picked up the missing ones I don't know why. I guess I just wanted to see what the badge did. Wasn't worth the $.30 taken out of my steam wallet.

Maybe I just dont get it but who would pay real money for some dumbass steam cards when that money can be used to buy other games....Mind blown.....

Maybe I just dont get it but who would pay real money for some dumbass steam cards when that money can be used to buy other games....Mind blown.....

Again, different strokes for different folks.

I think the cards are stupid, but you can't really rip on someone if they're a completionist or collector.

Valve has hired a psychologist to deduce that there is a market for people who covet these virtual pokeman badges.

I have two summer cards left. I just want to see what crafting a badge is all about.

Crysis 2 gets a lot of crap and I'm still not entirely sure why. I mean, no it didn't ship with DX11, but 90% of the people complaining about it probably can't turn on the DX11 features and still maintain playable framerates anyway. The game looks fantastic with the DX11 patch.

I imagine most PC gamers who bought Crysis 2 were like me, they weren't buying it for the shitty CoD clone multiplayer, they were buying it because of the amazing sandbox action title that came before it. Then we get Crysis 2 installed and all we find is a shitty clone MP, and a corridor shooter single player campaign. BORING. Lets face it... they've got some fantastic technology at the expense of any real creative talent. They know perfectly well how to make an engine, but are woefully inadequate at actually making games.

I wouldn't sweat it. If enough people feel the same as you they'll probably go away. Or not.

I don't really care about em but I see from a business standpoint its pretty damn smart. Its adding another interesting dimension to the platform that generates activity. Do not be surprised if Microsoft rips this off for Xboxlive

I'm not diggin the cards thing. Been some decent deals on some titles I think I needed to add to an already huge backlog.

Is it worth it to buy Risen 2? I never played the first one. Does it have a good story?

I'm thinking long and hard about Van Helsing. I'm a fan of the arpg genre, is it worth it?

[LYL]Homer;1040055933 said:
I need a checkbox to remove the cards from the deals, then I'd be left with the real sales. Currently there are 48 card deals out of the 100.

Think you are misinterpreting that Card label. Just means the game has cards associated with it...not that they are selling you cards.

I'm thinking long and hard about Van Helsing. I'm a fan of the arpg genre, is it worth it?

If you think too long & hard about it, it's worth it to just buy it and play instead of spending a couple of hours thinking about it. I'm going to buy it.

If you think too long & hard about it, it's worth it to just buy it and play instead of spending a couple of hours thinking about it. I'm going to buy it.

I did that with Dirt 3, took a nap on accident and now feel like I missed out.
Hope it comes back around a bit cheaper, not too into racing any more and no wheel/pedal yet.

Still holding out for Condemned....

do you mean Condemned: Criminal Origins?
I doubt it's going to be a daily, don't you notice that the dailies are all AAA games or popular indie titles?
I love condemned and got it for $2 at GG a while ago, if you want a good deal on condemned and are patient (the game has been out for 7 years and you don't have it yet so I'm guessing that's a huge yes) it goes on sale at greenmangaming/gamersgate maybe once a year for $3-5

I bought Rising Storm yesterday, had some fun in it already. I already own RO2 so i was familiar with it though I am far from the best at it lol

On my Steam store homepage it's showing CS:GO as 99% off ($0.14). I got really excited for a second. But when I go to the game link, its only 66%.

Back