Starfield

🤔🤔🤔
bountyh.png

edit:
Another update, PureDark has added DRM to his RDR2 frame gen mod. It verifies your Patron status. Starfield will probably be the same.
https://twitter.com/Sebasti66855537/status/1693526622534509024

Last edited:
Hope it's good. But I get to play after the fixes / mods.

My RPG backlog is kind of big. I just started playing Morrowind for first time (and modded too of course - I don't believe in playing moddable games vanilla). Modded Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 4 Next-Gen, BG1, BG2, BG3 are all on the backlog too.

If Starfield isn't in good shape when it is released, then they are going to have a lot of time to get it in good shape by time I get to it :)

Worth mentioning the load screens are basically instant.
It just fades to black, then fades back to the game. The old bethesda-style load screens are gone.

I never understood the concept of watching other people play games on Twitch or YouTube...if it's a game I want to play I don't want to be spoiled...if it's a game I don't want to play I still have zero interest in watching someone else play...I should record and stream myself playing Elden Ring and other PC games, I'll be rich!

I never understood the concept of watching other people play games on Twitch or YouTube...if it's a game I want to play I don't want to be spoiled...if it's a game I don't want to play I still have zero interest in watching someone else play...I should record and stream myself playing Elden Ring and other PC games, I'll be rich!

Same. Seems like such an odd thing. Why do I want to watch someone else play the same game I play. I'll just uh, play it myself.

Twitch is just so strange how popular it became. I don't get it.

Same. Seems like such an odd thing. Why do I want to watch someone else play the same game I play. I'll just uh, play it myself.

most of the people doing it on Twitch seems like it's their full time job...gaming to me is a hobby...having to play games every day for 8+ hours I think I would get sick of it

I basically only watch speedrunners of games I've played to death. I've started watching RetroAchievement hunters, too.

Agreed if it is a game I think I might eventually play. But there are games I know are definitely in a genre I have no interest in playing myself, but simultaneously have an interesting story that makes it entertaining to watch a *good* "Let's Player" play. If the game doesn't have an entertaining story, I have no desire to watch other people play it. And by good LPer, I mean someone that won't be terrible at the game, is reasonably mature, provides interesting commentary (ideally with more than one person), doesn't talk over dialogue, and doesn't have their face on the screen to provide exaggerated / fake "reactions".

Unfortunately that combination is REALLY rare. Almost all popular LPers are really immature (even in their 40s), really bad at games (with people watching them to mock / laugh at them), play serious games in "meme mode" (hey look, we have the choice of massacring all the children in the village...let's kill them all - LULZ!), constantly talk over cut-scenes and dialogue, and/or have exaggerated / fake personalities (that is made worse with a distracting face camera in the corner).

New updates for Tyronefield:
Space walking and Oceans
...From his youtube comments. But they are 1 word replies so I don't think he fully understood what people are asking.
He is also selling 30 Xbox copies on Facebook Marketplace for $1400 total.

He also says he will be uploading gameplay footage "all day".
btw I am pulling all of this info from /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours.

New update from PureDark:
He's switching to a one-time payment system. You won't have to resub for mod updates.

Last edited:

Sort of agree but I do love watching let's plays of games but never passed the point where I am at in the game. I like seeing their reactions and gameplay compared to mine. Plus some schadenfreude at watching them with tough boss fights.

Sort of agree but I do love watching let's plays of games but never passed the point where I am at in the game. I like seeing their reactions and gameplay compared to mine. Plus some schadenfreude at watching them with tough boss fights.

I do that as well...watching videos of people raging with the Souls (and other) games and boss fail compilations...those I find funny

For those wanting to obtain a copy of Starfield early by any means may want to think twice before doing so.

Starfield malware is in the wild & here’s how to avoid it

The high seas might be much easier to navigate in 2023, but it’s still filled with treachery. A new blog from cyber security researcher, Kevin Beaumont, highlights how a new virus is taking advantage of the hype around Starfield.

After several leaks permeated 4chan over the weekend, as the hunt for a leaked version of the Starfield was on. In the blog, the Starfield-themed malware appears to “install” the game, but will then throw up a fake error message when you launch it. In the midst of being put onto the system, it alters Microsoft Defender scanning to remain undetected, as well as attempts to steal Discord access tokens.[/quote

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but if you want to play the game early through Game Pass you just need to buy the Deluxe upgrade from the store. You get to play early for less than half the price if you're already subscribed to Game Pass.

Titty streamers are a big reason
It’s difficult for those of us who are older to think ourselves back to when we were teenagers and how unsophisticated our thinking was - let alone the massive culture shifts that happen over the decades and the impact those changes have on young people and how they see the world.

A work colleague told me that his son will leave his friends at school and then go into his bedroom in order to meet them online. His son almost never goes out during the weekend, but stays in his room ‘with his friends’

For me, a 56-year-old who was always with his friends in the real world, and almost never at home, this is mind-blowing stuff. I think that these young males don’t know how to talk to young ladies… but they yearn for companionship… and so, dysfunctionally, try to find it online. A young lady playing a video game must be nirvana for them.

A work colleague told me that his son will leave his friends at school and then go into his bedroom in order to meet them online. His son almost never goes out during the weekend, but stays in his room ‘with his friends’
That's just bad parenting.

It’s difficult for those of us who are older to think ourselves back to when we were teenagers and how unsophisticated our thinking was - let alone the massive culture shifts that happen over the decades and the impact those changes have on young people and how they see the world.

For me, a 56-year-old who was always with his friends in the real world, and almost never at home, this is mind-blowing stuff. I think that these young males don’t know how to talk to young ladies… but they yearn for companionship… and so, dysfunctionally, try to find it online. A young lady playing a video game must be nirvana for them.

And we wonder why so many young people have mental health issues

For those wanting to obtain a copy of Starfield early by any means may want to think twice before doing so.

Starfield malware is in the wild & here’s how to avoid it

Got the malware, it went okay. GPU/CPU both 100%, probably mining crypto, but they left me a few cpu cycles to play solitaire at an acceptable framerate so not end of world.

Sorry but, much like Comix clicking every "Win a free iPad" popup he's ever seen, when I see Starfield anything, I must click.

Got the malware, it went okay. GPU/CPU both 100%, probably mining crypto, but they left me a few cpu cycles to play solitaire at an acceptable framerate so not end of world.

Sorry but, much like Comix clicking every "Win a free iPad" popup he's ever seen, when I see Starfield anything, I must click.
You knowingly installed malware?!

I can understand the stance, but people have been watching other people play games for literal millennia, it's just digital now.

If you're the sort who likes to watch sports, then it's similar. It's also like chilling out with a friend who's playing a game on the couch.

I just snagged a code from someone selling their AMD game code (AMD is bundling the game with certain CPU's and GPU's)...even though Bethesda games are usually worth full price due to how long they are I'm glad I was able to get the game on Day 1 for a 50% discount

and just a heads up: anyone can buy the code and redeem it (I currently have an Nvidia GPU)...you do not need to have the required AMD hardware...I bought Jedi: Survivor and Last of Us PC the same way...you just need to give the seller your AMD Rewards login information (change the password first to a temporary one)...after they log in to your account and do the hardware verification, you can log back in, change the password back to whatever you want and enjoy the game!

Attachments

• Starfield.png
    Starfield.png
    242.4 KB · Views: 0
Back