• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Outlaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-order virtually every triple-a title I want to play. Waiting for the unlock is one of the most exciting things in my life. LOL.
The only bad thing about preloading is needing the extra decryption step, which depending on your setup could take longer than just downloading the game at release.
 
The thing is, I’m so fascinated by gaming that I actually find it ‘entertaining’ witnessing a disastrous launch (but only for the really big titles that have been in development for years). Yes, I’m not normal.

An example would be Cyberpunk. I was trembling with excitement minutes before launch. Then I actually launched the game and happily spent at least twenty hours tweaking the settings, trying to get the game to work well. LOL.

Today, I’m running that game on kick ass hardware, and I absolutely love it. I’ve enjoyed my entire experience with the game. Seeing it evolve has actually been enjoyable.

Again, I acknowledge that I’m not normal. The fact is, I just love this hobby. It’s the one absolute joy in my life. LOL.
 
  • Like
Reactions: hu76
like this
it's been confirmed from other 'mainstream' sources as well that the review embargo lifts on August 26th and that Ubisoft has already sent out review codes...you need to update your internet gaming News websites...

https://x.com/JordanMiddler/status/1825604540336583052
and the youtubers i watch that have codes say the embargo isnt lifted until the day before, unless thats changed since i watched last night.
ps: that remark was in regards to your other post, in another thread.... there is a rule, making claims requires posting sources.
 
Last edited:
and the youtubers i watch that have codes say the embargo isnt lifter until the day before, unless thats changed since i watched last night.
ps: that remark was in regards to your other post, in another thread.... there is a rule, making claims requires posting sources.

you need to stop watching YouTuber's, TikTok videos and Facebook...stick to legit news
 
and the youtubers i watch that have codes say the embargo isnt lifted until the day before, unless thats changed since i watched last night.
ps: that remark was in regards to your other post, in another thread.... there is a rule, making claims requires posting sources.

It's also possible that both dates are true. Different embargos for different kinds of media. They might have an embargo date for print reviews and another for gameplay videos and video reviews that don't use stock/Ubi released footage.
 
you need to stop watching YouTuber's, TikTok videos and Facebook...stick to legit news
lol i dont use tiktok nor fb and youre using twatter as a source...
most of the "legit" game news sites are a bunch of shills now.

It's also possible that both dates are true. Different embargos for different kinds of media. They might have an embargo date for print reviews and another for gameplay videos and video reviews that don't use stock/Ubi released footage.
which is why i asked for a source.
 
which is why i asked for a source.

I posted 2 sources...Twitter is not a source...it's the social media tool that a lot of legit people post on...the source is the person posting to Twitter, not Twitter itself...everyone from the President to Lisa Su to Bill Gates has a social media account of some kind
 
Last edited:
you need to stop watching YouTuber's, TikTok videos and Facebook...stick to legit news
The first Twitter link you posted was from an account whose whole schtick is posting the on disk size of games installed on a PlayStation 4 and 5 console. I wouldn't call that "legit news."
 
The first Twitter link you posted was from an account whose whole schtick is posting the on disk size of games installed on a PlayStation 4 and 5 console. I wouldn't call that "legit news."

I wasn't using that guy as an example of legit news...I never heard of him before...I just posted his link because he posted when the review embargo was ending
 
I really want this game to be good, fun and not obnoxious as hell. I like the look of it and the premise but I just don't trust Ubi to not fuck it up in one major way or another.
 
Ok i preordered for xsx and its 50gb downloading. : P Hope i will like the game. Just waiting.
 
Last edited:
Hold up, I just saw where there is no character creator. You have to play this open world game as some butch, trans, truck stop prostitute? lol wtf?

This is the voice actress they used. Wow. Who could be surprised though.
IMG_0414.jpeg
 
Hold up, I just saw where there is no character creator. You have to play this open world game as some butch, trans, truck stop prostitute? lol wtf?

This is the voice actress they used. Wow. Who could be surprised though.
Only bigots and transphobes like their game protagonists to be attractive females, clearly you are not the targeted "modern" audience.🤪
 
Custom character creators need to die.

I agree for many games, but not all of them. Games like Mass Effect or Fallout work very well with it. For most other games, I prefer if the character was pre-set. Unless the game gives you some real noteworthy agency story wise there is little reason to have a unique character. I would take a well designed character over a random generated one for most games because you can add more depth to them. Past, conversations referencing their appearance or other aspects, and the game can reference changes to them throughout the game/sequels.

Most games don't give you worthwhile player agency and just slap on a thin layer that gives you the appearance of it. Take recent Assassin's Creed games, where they replaced the more dynamic and better acted dialogue cutscenes for a dialogue wheel with the appearance of choice. The dialogue wheel in those games are essentially pointless and they open up practically zero new options. It is just annoying to click through those things; either show me a cutscene or give me gameplay, not this oddball QTE conversation. Like character creators, dialogue wheels have become too common and don't add anything to many games they are in. I have no problem with either, they just have to have worthwhile benefits and fit the game.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top