• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Outlaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the video and the graphics were anything but impressive. Graphics weren't shit but they didn't look to be any better than games from several years ago. It has been a while since I played it but graphically it didn't seem much different from Jedi: Fallen Order which isn't a compliment after this many years.

I doubt graphics are what people are mostly complaining about. What was shown was ten minutes of a stupid fetch quest with a "payoff" at the end of the quest which basically insults the person playing. It was mostly boring with inane in-game comments by the protagonist. The combat was anything but inspired with some major glaring issues like blowing up things which didn't even harm the protagonist but killed multiple NPCs despite the protagonist being as close or closer to the source of the explosion. Unarmored enemies looked to be very bullet spongy. At a previous point in the quest the item the protagonist retrieved was stolen by someone throwing a thermal detonator at the protagonist and the only effect was having the protagonist fly through the air from the explosion.

Not only was the gameplay/quest shown rather boring, the end of the quest insulted the person through a joke. The combat wasn't particularly interesting or engaging and had some serious issues. The player character made annoying and inane comments about what she was doing and at one point while scouting made sure to speak to herself loud enough to announce her presence to everyone within a mile. To break up the boredom of the quest you receive communications from your ship droid with him stating to hurry up because Jawas were taking him apart because they hadn't been paid yet (the quest is getting payment.)

The released gameplay was definitely not a good way to sell the game.
Strong women though, lol
 
I'd assume the graphics would look like Avatar. Isn't it the same engine, Snowdrop? Same developer and studio as well. Maybe Outlaws got the short end of the stick when it came to artists/VFX/whatever guys. Was wondering how the same studio would do two large games back to back so maybe this is where some of the cuts come into play. Or, it is just an early build on a console. Would be disappointing if the graphics were a let down. Generally that is part of the appeal of Ubisoft games. You know the gameplay will be passable but not great, but it will look pretty.

Gameplay, no idea.
 
Honestly, I have only barely paid attention to graphics, it's an UBI title. They often fudge the graphics while also capturing console graphics. I'll wait to see the final before worrying / deciding.
 
is worth to buy this game?

this should be a safe buy if you're a Star Wars fan and you liked the previous Fallen Order/Survivor games (different developer and gameplay but it's still a Star Wars game)...but the safer bet is to play it on Ubisoft+
 
  • Like
Reactions: hu76
like this
I'd assume the graphics would look like Avatar. Isn't it the same engine, Snowdrop? Same developer and studio as well. Maybe Outlaws got the short end of the stick when it came to artists/VFX/whatever guys. Was wondering how the same studio would do two large games back to back so maybe this is where some of the cuts come into play. Or, it is just an early build on a console. Would be disappointing if the graphics were a let down. Generally that is part of the appeal of Ubisoft games. You know the gameplay will be passable but not great, but it will look pretty.

Gameplay, no idea.
Avatar game had a lot of help from James Cameron’s studio for a lot of the artwork, etc. That might explain why it looked so good.
 
Can't be any worse than the best Star Wars game Dark Forces. I'm skipping spoilers till the 27th hits. I just asked if Black Myth Wukong is hard on Steam lol nobody has a clue.
 
Star Wars Outlaws will finally let us turn off that annoying yellow paint on every climbing surface

Making interactable objects more noticeable by painting them a distinct color isn't a new thing for games, but the specific trend of choosing bright yellow streaks to signpost anything and everything—doorways, breakable boxes, levers, ledges, rocks—has awakened a backlash from some who believe this level of handholding works against games by stealing opportunities for players to discover things on their own

Ubisoft Massive has come up with an interesting workaround for its upcoming Star Wars Outlaws that just might make both camps happy: an "Explorer Mode" that turns off the "guiding color on core navigational elements" in the world...in other words: a yellow paint toggle...

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/star-...oying-yellow-paint-on-every-climbing-surface/
 
I've spent 4 hours in Star Wars Outlaws' open world and it feels like Red Dead Redemption in a galaxy far, far away
Star Wars Outlaws is the least Ubisoft-feeling Ubisoft game I've played in ages

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/op...red-dead-redemption-in-a-galaxy-far-far-away/

Final Hands-On: Star Wars Outlaws doesn't really feel like a Ubisoft open world – and that’s a good thing
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...oesnt-feel-like-an-ubisoft-open-world-at-all/

We spent four hours in Star Wars Outlaws, the first-ever open-world Star Wars game, and came away quite impressed at how organic all of its activities, characters, and world felt


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSa9yBsLoIM
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
as I expected, previews are positive...

After 5 hours of exploring the galaxy and ghosting past Stormtroopers, Star Wars Outlaws is finally winning me over

Outlaws shares a notable quality with other Ubisoft open world games: no one aspect is exceptional, but when it all comes together, I'm having a really good time...in almost five hours of Outlaws I didn't see a single character I recognized from a movie, and nobody invoked the Force...that alone makes it the most interesting Star Wars thing happening right now...

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/after...star-wars-outlaws-is-finally-winning-me-over/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Star Wars Outlaws will finally let us turn off that annoying yellow paint on every climbing surface

Making interactable objects more noticeable by painting them a distinct color isn't a new thing for games, but the specific trend of choosing bright yellow streaks to signpost anything and everything—doorways, breakable boxes, levers, ledges, rocks—has awakened a backlash from some who believe this level of handholding works against games by stealing opportunities for players to discover things on their own

Ubisoft Massive has come up with an interesting workaround for its upcoming Star Wars Outlaws that just might make both camps happy: an "Explorer Mode" that turns off the "guiding color on core navigational elements" in the world...in other words: a yellow paint toggle...

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/star-...oying-yellow-paint-on-every-climbing-surface/
Good. I'm sick and tired of developers treating gamers as idiots. Sadly, there are people who think that not only making things completely obvious to the player a good thing, but necessary.
It's very rare your opinions line up 100% with someone else. I agree with gman more often than not so I've watched lots of his vids.
"Didgeri Doobies" GMan?
 
You mean Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor were not the Star Wars games you wanted?
Knights of the Old Republic, The Force Unleashed, Jedi Outcast, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, Rogue Squadron, Empire at War, Republic Commando, Episode I Racer...

There have been good Star Wars games in practically every genre released over the years. I don't know if there has been one exactly like this, though, that focuses on a scoundrel in an open world action game.
 
Knights of the Old Republic, The Force Unleashed, Jedi Outcast, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, Rogue Squadron, Empire at War, Republic Commando, Episode I Racer...

There have been good Star Wars games in practically every genre released over the years. I don't know if there has been one exactly like this, though, that focuses on a scoundrel in an open world action game.
Republic Commando was my jam. Loved that game.
 
You mean Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor were not the Star Wars games you wanted?
Those are two good games, yes - but they don’t have huge open spaces to explore and get lost in. Generally speaking, those games are confined, and the player is constantly being directed.

The Star Wars game of my dreams has huge open worlds containing small villages and large cities. It has space travel and space combat.

It’s a game that makes me feel like I’m existing in the Star Wars universe.

I’m not saying Outlaws is that game, but it looks closer than anything I’ve seen so far.

If this game ends up being as good as the Avatar game I’ll be happy.
 
Knights of the Old Republic, The Force Unleashed, Jedi Outcast, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, Rogue Squadron, Empire at War, Republic Commando, Episode I Racer...

There have been good Star Wars games in practically every genre released over the years. I don't know if there has been one exactly like this, though, that focuses on a scoundrel in an open world action game.
What Armenius said, actually. I missed that.
 
I don’t understand the hate this game is getting, because some of this footage looks terrific.

I need to play this for myself obviously, but this could finally be the Star Wars game I’ve always wanted.

Taking all this in I think I'm going to get what I want from this. I know I'm going to have fun getting some of my usual shenanigans on. I know it's not going to revolutionize anything and it doesn't have to.
 
Can't be any worse than the best Star Wars game Dark Forces. I'm skipping spoilers till the 27th hits. I just asked if Black Myth Wukong is hard on Steam lol nobody has a clue.
Dude, that's hilarious. Comparing it to a game that came out in 1995... I actually thought that game was the shit, back in the day...

It's probably not worse than Dark Forces, but probably not much better and the story line of it all is probably worse.
 
https://store.ubisoft.com/us/star-w...f939e9e262c0.html?lang=en_US#comparison-table
* scroll down to the bottom of that link to see the Minimum, Recommended and High requirements

Outlaws.png
 
https://thatparkplace.com/german-yo...mitting-third-party-agency-had-to-approve-it/

Always take previews with a grain of salt, nothing more than marketing in most cases.
Especially when you can see the published gameplay footage discrediting all the praise. Like the AI not noticing the player despite standing right in front of you. Or the nonsensical animations for takedowns.
The game does look like wildlands graphically, but that is not a praise, that's a 7 year old game, it should look much better than that.
 
I'd assume the graphics would look like Avatar. Isn't it the same engine, Snowdrop? Same developer and studio as well. Maybe Outlaws got the short end of the stick when it came to artists/VFX/whatever guys. Was wondering how the same studio would do two large games back to back so maybe this is where some of the cuts come into play. Or, it is just an early build on a console. Would be disappointing if the graphics were a let down. Generally that is part of the appeal of Ubisoft games. You know the gameplay will be passable but not great, but it will look pretty.

Gameplay, no idea.
System specifications also looks very similar to Avatar

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/avatar-frontiers-of-pandora-pc-performance-and-best-settings-to-use
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
https://thatparkplace.com/german-yo...mitting-third-party-agency-had-to-approve-it/

Always take previews with a grain of salt, nothing more than marketing in most cases.
https://thatparkplace.com/ubisoft-b...-and-boat-tours-to-promote-star-wars-outlaws/

A new investigation into Ubisoft’s marketing campaign for Star Wars Outlaws reveals the company buttered up YouTubers and influencers with trips to Disneyland and boat tours before giving them access to four hours of gameplay footage.

Nothing new about this, but as I recall the last time this was called out in relation to the way Activision managed hands-on previews of CoD there was a noticeable change in transparency and disclosure, in that the previews started fully disclosing all the benefits received. Clearly the current gen of hack-tivists masquerading as journalists have forgotten all these lessons.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top