• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stalker Clear Sky.

this is so frustrating....
I can't upgrade weapons/armor at all. None of the upgrade people will do any work even after giving them thumb drives they wanted.

My faction war reset randomly also. We took duty 100% and I mean they were gone according to the faction war in the PDA. They then magically appear in full force out of their base and retake agropom(sp?) Least I have nothing to gain from it, I can't make anymore money/gear off of the fight.

BTW, does the G36 exist in CS or is it only in SoC?
 
Yeah, it's a cool feature. Armour upgrades are excellent, got night vision (essential)and an extra artifact slot upgrade so far.

What did you guys upgrade?

The seva suit, spas, and the vintar. The seva upgrades were the most beneficial, it made getting artifacts so much easier. Only down side is the bandits are the only ones to do tier 3 upgrades. You have to be nice to them in the beginning of the game. Once I got my upgrades, I thanked them with my vintar BC.
 
this is so frustrating....
I can't upgrade weapons/armor at all. None of the upgrade people will do any work even after giving them thumb drives they wanted.

My faction war reset randomly also. We took duty 100% and I mean they were gone according to the faction war in the PDA. They then magically appear in full force out of their base and retake agropom(sp?) Least I have nothing to gain from it, I can't make anymore money/gear off of the fight.

BTW, does the G36 exist in CS or is it only in SoC?

Faction wars is buggy, GSC is releasing a patch this Friday, hopefully. You may want to hold off till then. The G36 is suppose to be in CS, its just rare. It will show more frequently with the next patch. Most likely freedom will be selling it.
 
The seva suit, spas, and the vintar. The seva upgrades were the most beneficial, it made getting artifacts so much easier. Only down side is the bandits are the only ones to do tier 3 upgrades. You have to be nice to them in the beginning of the game. Once I got my upgrades, I thanked them with my vintar BC.

Thanks for the tip. I'll use the bandits then give them a bit of rough justice!

I've gone back to the swamps to try and find all of the artifacts and complete as many secondary quests to get as much money as possible before I move on to Cordon.
 
this is so frustrating....
I can't upgrade weapons/armor at all. None of the upgrade people will do any work even after giving them thumb drives they wanted.

My faction war reset randomly also. We took duty 100% and I mean they were gone according to the faction war in the PDA. They then magically appear in full force out of their base and retake agropom(sp?) Least I have nothing to gain from it, I can't make anymore money/gear off of the fight.

BTW, does the G36 exist in CS or is it only in SoC?
Yeah it is a big bummer because the factions respawn and your own faction doesn't try to prevent it. You can't seem to wipe anyone out. I just had my fun with that and ignored it the rest of the game.
 
I have started to ignore my orders from Duty. I don't even care anymore. Freedom won't stay dead and many of the things I've captured from them they just take back over with little to no resistance.
 
After clearing areas out, it should be filled up with the strongest faction in the area at the time. Totally thrashing all of the renegades in the swamp or the military at the Cordon Military Post just doesn't work. Reappearances isn't what I'd call fun in terms of a true faction war.
 
After clearing areas out, it should be filled up with the strongest faction in the area at the time. Totally thrashing all of the renegades in the swamp or the military at the Cordon Military Post just doesn't work. Reappearances isn't what I'd call fun in terms of a true faction war.

I agree. I wouldn't mind it if the factions sent more troops in, but you should be able to see their movements on the PDA and they should have to systematically take territory back over. Which you should get the opportunity to help prevent. And of course when your faction is already dug in at the bases and outposts, that should put the faction trying to retake the territory at a serious disadvantage. There is a base in the Cordon that I took over. While at the Garbage there is a pathway to the Military Warehouses. The warehouses are a Freedom controlled location. The other base no where near there, (In the Cordon I believe) was cleared out by me. Now if Freedom wants to take that back over, they need to fight their way through all the Duty check points and go the same route I'd have to go to get to the base I took over, in order to attempt to retake the base. Instead they just appear randomly above it and move in the second I'm gone.

Now if you eliminate a faction from all areas you can reach, you should never see more than a handful of faction members floating around in the zone.
 
After a lot of pondering, I may just restart the game after the new upcoming patch & avoid the one mission that throws a horrible bug into the main storyline (as I've described in an earlier post). I just hope that GSC fixes the issues that are plaguing people with travel in between zones, horribly dumb AI, super AI accuracy, & mission glitches. I still love the game though I'm not giving up on it since I see massive potential, especially with mods.
 
v1.5.05 is supposed to be released this Friday but there's talk on the GSC forums that it isn't patching as much as people hope. A small fraction of bug fixes compared to the new bugs that were found in .04.
 
There is an unofficial patch out already. Do a search maybe. A lot of it is just null checking in the scripts.
 
Does anyone else experience slight stutters/pauses when playing ? I have this happen in the other stalker game too. But ever other game I play runs smooth.
 
Does anyone else experience slight stutters/pauses when playing ? I have this happen in the other stalker game too. But ever other game I play runs smooth.

The original STALKER allowed you to use the -noprefetch command line switch. I'm not sure if clear sky does as well. It was believed STALKER was a little too frantic in caching information so this was supposed to fix performance on dual core CPUs.
 
Does anyone else experience slight stutters/pauses when playing ? I have this happen in the other stalker game too. But ever other game I play runs smooth.

Yes, I get stutters and pauses but it seems much worse in Enhanced Dynamic Lighting modes. It's annoying during combat. Looking at the power of your gfx set-up you shouldn't have any problems with this however!

I'll give the -noprefetch option a go tonight to see if it helps with the stutter.

I guess the new patch will make all save games invalid as per GSC's tradition!?
 
I think the stuttering is due to higher texture details being loaded. Lower them, innit.
 
I think the stuttering is due to higher texture details being loaded. Lower them, innit.

that's part of it, its mostly due to all objects in a map constantly needing to be updated for position. Ammo, guns, artifacts, anomalies, npc's all get refreshed several times when you are in the map. The community patch mod team tried to correct the issue, but to fix the system that does the updating requires the source code. They did improve the issue with the community patch for Stalker. Thats why OL is more stable than vanilla Stalker.

I'm holding off on my second playthrough to see what the next patch will do to faction wars, most likely we will have to start a new game. If I remember correctly it took a couple of patches before they stopped breaking saved games with the first game.
 
Yeah the game is much smoother outside of the swamps. BTW you should really check out that tweak guide. It did wonders for getting more performance out of my setup with this game.
 
I splurged and went out and bought a 4870X2 .. which also required a more powerful power supply:eek:. It was worth it though, I can now play everything maxed at 1920x1200 DX10, low level of AA and it plays so smooth.
 
im at the last part of the game now. seems much shorter than SoC and it will be even extra short if you don't at least attempt the faction wars, artifact hunting, and money gathering.

BTW, i was finally able to defeat duty, you need to make sure you do around all the maps and looks for the enemy squads and clear them all out before assault the base zone. I kept having Duty coming back to their base time and time again and I finally found (after like 3 days) that there was a lone duty guy wanking it in the garbage dump out in the middle of no where.

use the map and hover over all the red dots and make sure you didn't miss anyone.
 
I'm getting destroyed on Master. I decided I'd try to move on to the cordon and I can't even get out of the tunnel about 10 feet, and I hear a guy on a PA at the army base and I get destroyed by what sounds like hundreds of bullets. I've tried sprinting as far as I can and taking cover, but the only good cover is a tree 5 feet outside the tunnel, and then you have to run straight forward down a fence line before you can turn left away from the base. :mad:

Do I need to stay in the swamps more? I can't seem to find any ammo (9x19) for my smg that is upgraded, so I'm stuck with the innacurate pistol and a hunting rifle/shotgun.

I must have jinxed myself, I was taking out the patrols of enemies in the swamps without too much of a challenge, but I guess thats the difference between bandits and military lol.
 
I'm getting destroyed on Master. I decided I'd try to move on to the cordon and I can't even get out of the tunnel about 10 feet, and I hear a guy on a PA at the army base and I get destroyed by what sounds like hundreds of bullets. I've tried sprinting as far as I can and taking cover, but the only good cover is a tree 5 feet outside the tunnel, and then you have to run straight forward down a fence line before you can turn left away from the base. :mad:

Do I need to stay in the swamps more? I can't seem to find any ammo (9x19) for my smg that is upgraded, so I'm stuck with the innacurate pistol and a hunting rifle/shotgun.

I must have jinxed myself, I was taking out the patrols of enemies in the swamps without too much of a challenge, but I guess thats the difference between bandits and military lol.

There is a watch tower with a gunner on it. If you move past the signs posted, he will gun you down very quickly. At least, this is what I observed. I did manage to lure two troops to the tunnel and kill them but I had to use the other entrance to Cordon to progress. I also tried killing the gunner by hiding behind the tree so the bullets don't hit me, but STALKER has a limited bullet reach.
 
Go up to the northern entrance in the Swamps. It ends up above the railroad tracks in Cordon. :)

cpt.whistlepants- the sharper textures make the game look great
 
BTW, i was finally able to defeat duty, you need to make sure you do around all the maps and looks for the enemy squads and clear them all out before assault the base zone. I kept having Duty coming back to their base time and time again and I finally found (after like 3 days) that there was a lone duty guy wanking it in the garbage dump out in the middle of no where.
Cool, what happens when they are gone for good? Never respawn?
 
Now the game crashes to the desktop whenever I try and go back, to the swamps.
 
^^ i agree, the tweak guide was very helpful.

Read through it briefly, is there anything outside of the in-game settings that made difference?

There were some setting that could be lowered without an impact in IQ that resulted in a FPS boost, but beyond that (and the affinity settings, which you can do with any game but no boost since it's not multi-threaded), I didn't see much.
 
Read through it briefly, is there anything outside of the in-game settings that made difference?

There were some setting that could be lowered without an impact in IQ that resulted in a FPS boost, but beyond that (and the affinity settings, which you can do with any game but no boost since it's not multi-threaded), I didn't see much.

The in game tweaks can make a massive difference. There really isn't anything to do outside of that. What's nice is they show you which settings kill the performance and which of those can be lowered to even a significant degree with no perceivable impact to visual quality.
 
The tweakguide allowed me to enable 2aa and wet surfaces after turning down some other settings that werent necessary.
 
I had my first CTD, but that could of been because of my video card and being overclocked too high. Basically said "you need atleast pixel shader v1.1 or higher" in the dark valley. Also had another bug, found an artifact, trying to sell it, lost it, and didn't get any money from the npc.
 
Patch is delayed until the 29th according to the mod at the Russian boards.

Update on 26.09.08


Patch 1.5.05 is under active testing. The expected release date patch - 29.09.08


We apologize for any inconvenience due to the shifting of the planned date of the patch. However, we believe it is necessary to ensure the stability of all the corrections made. Thank you for your patience and wait!

We will continue to inform you of further work on the patch.
 
Ugh... I guess I'll be applying the community patch & restart the game. So much for bad mission glitches to ruin my game progress.
 
Ugh... I guess I'll be applying the community patch & restart the game. So much for bad mission glitches to ruin my game progress.

Luckily, I haven't had any issues other than faction wars. I started a new game Wednesday and quit hoping the patch would be out today. I may pull out the fixes for faction wars from the community patch and see how they work.
 
Back
Top