Stalker Clear Sky.

It's a whole lot better for some of us after patching it up. Not all issues ARE game issues. Sometimes a lot has to do with one's system.

Well, with the latest patch I didn't have one crash and I have finished the game. So it's possibly down to certain system configurations and not always the game.

Overall though a superb game and I'll look forward to entering the Zone again. Favourite area was The Red Forest, it looked incredible with the sun out and the sun rays shining through the branches. The bloodsucker were terrifying too.

Since I patched to 1.04 or whatever (4). I haven't crashed once. Before that I crashed about once a play session (2-4 hours).

I still crash every few hours myself, even got me a BSOD for the first time ever on my system. I was still able to finish the game.

Time to put it away till the proper patches and mods are released, still loved every buggy minute of it :)

I still crash every few hours myself, even got me a BSOD for the first time ever on my system. I was still able to finish the game.

Time to put it away till the proper patches and mods are released, still loved every buggy minute of it :)

The mods should be good, I wonder if there will be anything as good as Oblivion Lost?

Does anyone know of a list of where all the artifacts are?

I ended up finishing the game having collected about a dozen but I sure there are plenty more out there to find on the 2nd run through.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this game. Stuff is popping up on the map, says to go there, by the time I get there it says task canceled, tells me to go somewhere else, 5 places pop up, get there, nobody else is there but there are like 30 enemy's, then a spot on the map halfway back says to clear trail for troops. This game seriously is not polished.

The Geiger counter is worthless because by the time it starts to read radiation you are already bleeding, so there is no way to avoid it.

Can somebody explain what the hell is going on.

I really want to like this game. There's no direction at all, not even to move the storyline forward.

I had no problem understanding the game and enjoyed it the whole way through.

Alot of tasks are to help defend/capture certain areas. If you don't get there in time and the area is captured or your friendlies wiped-out, the task will fail.

End game... possible spoilers.

I'm at the end of the game right now. There are a bunch of teleports that I have to keep jumping through. At some point though, my only path is to go towards a rooftop. Once I'm up there, I can't get past this one staircase because of teleport in the way. The teleport takes me to a nearby spot. I don't see anyway around this.

Is there any chance my game is bugged? I think it may because in trying to figure out how to get around the warp, I ended up falling all the way to the grass area on the bottom. A number of Clear Sky men are fighting the Monolith men with Sterlok in the vicinity. I can not injure Sterlok or anyone else. Sterlok's name is yellow, meaning he's neutral to me. But after I unload a clip into him, his name turns red. He's still invincible and doesn't even bother retaliating. I get a feeling I'm not supposed to be down there.

Any ideas?

I'm at the end of the game right now. There are a bunch of teleports that I have to keep jumping through. At some point though, my only path is to go towards a rooftop. Once I'm up there, I can't get past this one staircase because of teleport in the way. The teleport takes me to a nearby spot. I don't see anyway around this.

Is there any chance my game is bugged? I think it may because in trying to figure out how to get around the warp, I ended up falling all the way to the grass area on the bottom. A number of Clear Sky men are fighting the Monolith men with Sterlok in the vicinity. I can not injure Sterlok or anyone else. Sterlok's name is yellow, meaning he's neutral to me. But after I unload a clip into him, his name turns red. He's still invincible and doesn't even bother retaliating. I get a feeling I'm not supposed to be down there.

Any ideas?

SPOILER

I defeated Strelok before I even had to teleport! If you hit him enough when he is coming down the ladder to the right and on the gangway his shield will come down, cue end of game cutscene.

Let us know what you think of the ending?!

Any ideas?

It is a possible bug. someone he gets stuck and you can't hurt him. And yes, you shouldn't be on the ground around the fighting but it was fun to run around and what not.

If you can hurt him you need to reload and pray.

SPOILER

I defeated Strelok before I even had to teleport! If you hit him enough when he is coming down the ladder to the right and on the gangway his shield will come down, cue end of game cutscene.

Let us know what you think of the ending?!

It is a possible bug. someone he gets stuck and you can't hurt him. And yes, you shouldn't be on the ground around the fighting but it was fun to run around and what not.

If you can hurt him you need to reload and pray.

*sigh* Guess I have no choice but to reload. So I take it you guys never had a chance to get to the point where I was at on the rooftop?

Frustrating and I felt ripped off for a 1 minute abstract ending after investing many hours playing this game.

I had the exact thing happen. I could never find Strelok to fight him. :rolleyes: It has gotta be a bug. Here is what I done to end the game.

Spoiler:

When on the roof top, climb down ladder. There is an anomoly there that shocks you if you try to go through it. Shoot it with your emp gun. You will notice the red bar at the top of the screen go down... when it reaches zero you will get the endgame sequence. The only way I figured this out was via frustration and started slamming the mouse on the desk clicking the mouse button. :D

Frustrating and I felt ripped off for a 1 minute abstract ending after investing many hours playing this game.

Damn dude... that freakin ending FTL.

That's all I have to say. I'm not gonna replay this one like I did the original. Should've bought a retail copy so that I could sell this back.

Im having problems again, sometimes out of the blue sound will crackle pretty ugly, lock up the PC and reboot.

Anyone else experience this ? Seems related to the audio but I already tried disabling EAX, switching Generic Software/Hardware but same results. Im using Daniel-K Audigy drivers BTW, I guess it could be the culprit.

Now about the game :) I was up to the part when baddies teleport in the roof going after Strelok but I kept getting owned since I had no armor since first entering Limansk. So hell with it I decided to put up a couple of mods(SHARPER+ultimate weapon mod), crank the difficulty to Veteran and start from the beggining ...having a blast for now.

Anyone tried the Float32 for CS ? Im waiting for 1.0.

How do you make moneys? There are so few artifacts in this game compared to SoC, I just started out did the first mission and I cant even afford bandages, lolz...

I've made money by constantly selling weapons from dead stalkers & completing missions.

find myself going broke aswell the resale value on weapons is ridiculously low compared to cost for basic items like aid kits and bandages. unless iam missing somthing.

low wgt carry is harsh to

...low wgt carry is harsh to

I can't play without an increased carrying weight mod anymore. I've become such a pack rat since I started using and tweaking the mod.

Of course if you don't want to use any mods, I thought I remembered there being an armor modification you could get in game that increased your carrying weight (I haven't played in a couple weeks though so I can't remember).

I use the carry weight mod & usually sell all weapons to the Clear Sky trader. He buys all of them back at 90% & the scientist at Yantar buys back artifacts at a high value, too.

I use the carry weight mod & usually sell all weapons to the Clear Sky trader. He buys all of them back at 90% & the scientist at Yantar buys back artifacts at a high value, too.

I found a artifact that gave me +20 carry weight, and used 2 others at +10. Then filled the other two artifact slots with anti-radiation artifacts. That way I could lug 90kgs of loot around and then flog it. I made a fortune. The reviews were plain wrong, money is abundant.

The weight usually isn't an issue once you figure out what is worth carrying around. except early on, just forget about lugging around 100 guns to sell. Get the good detecter early on and just find artifacts. Most of the artifacts are useless anyway and just sell them for good money

I'm sorry for not looking through all 15 pages :)p:rolleyes:) but are most bugs sorted out already? I never played the original STALKER, I'd like to know if it was worth buying this one instead of Far Cry 2 which seems worse and worse with each member review :(

I'm sorry for not looking through all 15 pages :)p:rolleyes:) but are most bugs sorted out already? I never played the original STALKER, I'd like to know if it was worth buying this one instead of Far Cry 2 which seems worse and worse with each member review :(

Their is alot of bugs to be sorted out, if bugs are what stop you from playing this game, then your probably not going to want it until it hits 10 dollars. I haven't personally experienced many bad bugs in this game, but bugs still were numerous.

I tried selling an artifact to an NPC, it took it away from me and I didn't get money (to a 'friend'), I have fallen through the world in a few spots. Sometimes when you die, it sends your body through the world. I have only had 1 CTD bug trap error, which was less then I got in a fully patched shadow of Chernobyl.

This is on vista64 with 4gb of memory, on a less than stable setup, the bugs didn't really slow me down in this game as much as they did with the last one, just make sure you continually press F5.

I never encountered any bugs, and I didn't really hear of anything significant either.

It's fine, or it was for me.

The game didn't crash once for me. I experienced messed up A.I routines and a few minor bugs but nothing major. Absolutely brilliant game, loved every second of it.

Didn't have a single crash, bugged mission or A.I. Game worked flawlessly from getting destroyed and being broke in the beginning to dominating and more money than I knew what to spend on in the end.

Great game. IMO this is what SoC should have been.

Back