Stalker Clear Sky.

They need to make a tool that auto-converts the saves in game or externally. Such is a travesty when I see devs jacking up people's saves.

Why the hell must they screw with us like that? I love the game, but if I had to point out at least one thing I hated about it; would be the fact that every new patch breaks old saved games. Just plain stupid!:mad:

Every patch so far has broken older saves so yes.

I forget, but was it the same with STALKER: SoC? I thought after a few patches they stopped requiring new games to be made. If I have to make a new game for .05 then I'll probably just keep using .04 unless .05 has some dire fixes included.

I forget, but was it the same with STALKER: SoC? I thought after a few patches they stopped requiring new games to be made. If I have to make a new game for .05 then I'll probably just keep using .04 unless .05 has some dire fixes included.

I would bet money they will require a new game with the next patch. SoC did that until 1.0004. The problem lies within some of the Alife files breaking the scripts, escpecially the way alife reacts to certain scripted events. You see this with mods too. If they keep tweaking the scripts, we will always have to start a new game. Once they get the scripts stable we should be good.

I would bet money they will require a new game with the next patch. SoC did that until 1.0004.

And I think the only reason the requirement stopped at 1.0004 was because the following patches only addressed multiplayer bugs.

I'm gonna do like dj_2004 and just keep playing with .04 if it comes down to it.

Yes, they stop respawning and the faction war screen says duty is defeated.

Same thing happens with the bandits in the garbage. If you try and clear out the train depot, when there are any bandit squads still alive, they will re spawn. However if you clear out all bandit groups and then clean out the train depot they do not re spawn, and you get the bandits defeated message (which also shows up in your faction wars screen)

I did this, and it says the bandits are defeated, but the enemy squads bar still has 1/2 of one bar still lit. :confused:

So are all of the issues fixed with these latest patches? I'm kinda waiting to Steam this game, but don't want to with all of the bugs.....

I had a NPC issue the guy that stands on the rocks fighting blind dogs doesn't jump of the rock so I have to stab him to get the information.... wreckless.

Side note possible spoiler*******

I'm just into the underground after i have met with the Duty leader and I just keep getting toasted, flames everywhere and those bloody jumpers. I recently also lost all my money!

any ideas!?

I had a NPC issue the guy that stands on the rocks fighting blind dogs doesn't jump of the rock so I have to stab him to get the information.... wreckless

I had the opposite problem with that guy. I quick saved just prior to triggering the event, and when I reloaded the guy would keep jumping off the rocks before the dogs showed up. When he was off the rocks the dogs would own him.

I recently quick saved after clearing the depot, and whenever I try to load it I just get a black screen, all other saves work fine. I also had something weird happen in the depot, where I couldn't raise, lower, or select any weapons. :confused:

I had a NPC issue the guy that stands on the rocks fighting blind dogs doesn't jump of the rock so I have to stab him to get the information.... wreckless.

Side note possible spoiler*******

I'm just into the underground after i have met with the Duty leader and I just keep getting toasted, flames everywhere and those bloody jumpers. I recently also lost all my money!

any ideas!?

I was in the same boat. Run like the dickens through the whole level. That's what I did. Nothing will touch you.

So my friend warned me of the point where you lose all your stuff and money, so I put all of it around the corner. Yes, this was everything I was carrying with me.

xrengine200809232330323ms5.jpg

Yeah but did your friend not tell you that you get your items back after about 5mins but your money it gone it gone forever which just plain sucks, as I was saving for a new suit!

A friend told you it was going to happen? I just went back to the last save, stashed my stuff, and then did it.

Welp, just pulled the trigger and am Steam DL'ing this game as I'm typingthis. Hope I ain't disappointed!

I haven't lost any items or money. I'm up to The Dark Valley section and I have just picked up a PDA from the dead Commander and on the trail of Fang. When do you lose money?

I haven't lost any items or money. I'm up to The Dark Valley section and I have just picked up a PDA from the dead Commander and on the trail of Fang. When do you lose money?

It has to do with the Fang quest, IIRC you're getting close.

A friend told you it was going to happen? I just went back to the last save, stashed my stuff, and then did it.

I did that, but it was gone when I went to get it.

When I went into the underground with the flames and the snorks, I couldn't get hurt by the flames. I was walking underneath each one, zigzagging and hugging the wall beneath the dtream. Seemed to work.

I'm going to splurge the money I have built up right now on upgrades & so forth that so I won't be robbed of my hard work... :)

I'm loving the game a ton after restarting it. :D

Yeah Clear Sky is a great game. Right now im still in the swamps trying to wipeout all the renegades. Ive actually found 3 artifacts ( not counting the first one which is a gimme) and have managed to make about 25K Rubles. I even found the gun that we're holding in the opening cut scene, forgot its name but its the silenced sniper i belive.

He kinda mentioned it over the phone in frustration. I guess the game never triggered the sequence where you get your stuff back.

He kinda mentioned it over the phone in frustration. I guess the game never triggered the sequence where you get your stuff back.

I say just save often and spend your money before trying to get Fang's PDA. Stash all your stuff in the electical panel that is right near the area (there are some electical anomalies right near but can be avoided)

They can't take anything so you jst walk out and grab your stuff back. Aarently there is a possible bug where if you have no money when they take your stuff, you may wake up with like a trillion rubles.

I say just save often and spend your money before trying to get Fang's PDA. Stash all your stuff in the electical panel that is right near the area (there are some electical anomalies right near but can be avoided)

They can't take anything so you jst walk out and grab your stuff back. Aarently there is a possible bug where if you have no money when they take your stuff, you may wake up with like a trillion rubles.

I saved often then found the section where you get ambushed and lose your money and equipment. I stashed the artifacts in a container as they disappear if you put them on the ground. I also backtracked to the Freedom base and spent 20k on Armour upgrades. The bandits got precisely 1RU off me. :D

Just got the game yesterday and maxed it out at 1440x900 DX9 No AA, damn what a lag! :p
Still need to finish Shadows of Chernobyl first, progressing sloooowwwllyyy, I'm about to enter Lab X18. When do I get to go to the Arena again? I played it until I got "You're not experienced enough." :(

I just had this brainstorm... Why aren't there any female stalkers in the game? I think that would've given the game an more realistic basis. Unless... the Zone's radiation does some crazy stuff to the female population & they have to avoid it totally. Anyone else think about this?

Just got the game yesterday and maxed it out at 1440x900 DX9 No AA, damn what a lag! :p
Still need to finish Shadows of Chernobyl first, progressing sloooowwwllyyy, I'm about to enter Lab X18. When do I get to go to the Arena again? I played it until I got "You're not experienced enough." :(

You can do 3 battles in the Arena before you get that message, there are 9 battles total if I remember correctly. You get to fight 3 times after each major mission (i.e. Lab x16/18 and so on).

I love the jokes that go on over the loudspeaker on the Freedom base. That's the only base I enjoy going to. :D

Make that four times now. Even loaded a bit further back, and worked my way up (almost) the the same area it crashed before.

What do I get? A CTD and a big old bluescreen that says

"PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES".

Super, well, I guess it's time to fireup warhead, maybe I can finish that one!

Thats the BSOD I got all the time in STALKER. Made the game utterly unfinishable.

I love the jokes that go on over the loudspeaker on the Freedom base. That's the only base I enjoy going to. :D

I decided to join Duty. The peace out, ganja, reggae vibes were too obvious imho. I couldn't listen to the trader say "Hey Buddy" any longer. Is there any way to turn the sodding reggae muzak off?it ruins the broody atmosphere.

But I agree the tannoy system has some funny stuff on it. I think it may have been unintentional though!!

I think I'm tempting fate but I haven't had one crash yet! After reading all the negative stuff about crashing and bugs I'm pleasantly surprised. Anyone else out there with a crash free record?

I have had a few crashes to the desktop. Not very often but clearly they are bugs with the game. If I try and go back to the swamps the game will crash to the desktop.

Back