• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Stalker Clear Sky.

when you can sit there prone and fire 5 rounds at a non moving target, there is good chance that 4 out of 5 will miss. Even accurate, scope rifles do the same thing so I'm not sure what magical aiming device you are using and how you are surviving 5 to 6 targets all firing at you with vintars and M4 from 100 yards away and living.

It doesn't matter how well aimed and timely my shots are, they will never go in the same place twice, often they won't even be close, and I only go for headshots.

I'm compensating for bullet drop, I'm aiming for the head, and I'm moving from cover to cover.
 
put it this way, low crouch, non moving target, guns can not get a guy in the head half way down the hall way in the duty base main building... 3 different guns, all unable to do this one the first, second or 5th shot. Aimed shots also, I have more luck just holding the trigger down..

I fixed my Duty base door issue btw, I rolled a barrel from the back of the building and stuck it in front of the door.
 
I can get head shots with the Dragunov SVD rifle, but unfortunately I can only actually get a single shot kill if I am rediculously close to the target. The ranges and damages for many of these weapons are rediculously low.
 
Where did you get the sniper from ?

I took them off some dead Freedom soldiers at their base. Not the main one at the Military Warehouses but the other one. I sold the other two and kept one for myself. My main weapon is the M14 Carbine/M203 thing, M1911A1, Dragunov SVD, and the SPAS-12 shotgun. All of which are heavily modified and pretty effective.
 
The game has been very fun so far, until I got to the part in the game where I have to see the scientist in Yantar. Both my auto-save and quick save files crash after about 20 seconds or so, no matter what I do. I have even tried entering and exiting agroprom and yantar back and forth and no matter what, the game crashes.

Kinda killed it for me, considering I put at least 10 hours into the game so far. I'm gonna shelf the game until they fix all these damn bugs.
 
Looks like im going to run a secret one man army covert op mission on Freedom's base later tonite lol.
 
Is there any armor sitting around anywhere that you guys have found?

I remember in SoC I found so much armor tucked in corners (not in stashes or anything) that I always had a backup with me. Now in Clear Sky I'm really hurting. I just cleaned out the underground and I'm still wearing armor that was the reward for like the first mission.
 
Is there any armor sitting around anywhere that you guys have found?

I remember in SoC I found so much armor tucked in corners (not in stashes or anything) that I always had a backup with me. Now in Clear Sky I'm really hurting. I just cleaned out the underground and I'm still wearing armor that was the reward for like the first mission.

So far I've found exactly one suit of armor. I got that and its' better than the Duty Armor I received when I joined them.
 
I haven't found any single artifact.

It's tough, but I've found 3 with the standard detector so far. Use bolts to plot your path. It's very, very satisfying when an artefact pops up in front of you. I think the implementation of the detector is a big improvement over SoC. Artefacts in the original game were far too abundant and easy to find

I'm not far into the game and just leaving the swamps to go to Cordon so I currently can't use more than one artefact at a time.

The game runs very choppy on the two enhanced lighting modes (even with Sun rays off) so I'm running it in on Full Dynamic Lighting. I've always been more concerned with fluidity rather than how pretty it looks. Stuttering makes combat impossible

I think I need to get back to the Freedom base to upgrade my weapons. I have 2 flash drive upgrades and a sniper rifle to repair. I spent quite a while hunting down stashes and have accumulated around 7000 RU. I haven't sold any artefacts yet, they are way too precious!

I take just a few weapons and loads of ammo. Currently a shotgun, pistol, sniper rifle and a Viper. Also have plenty of medkits and anti-rads - essential for artefact hunting.

Fun game so far, hasn't crashed yet! , athough I've found a few graphical bugs, landscape disappearing and so forth
 
I can get head shots with the Dragunov SVD rifle, but unfortunately I can only actually get a single shot kill if I am rediculously close to the target. The ranges and damages for many of these weapons are rediculously low.

I think rediculous doesn't even start to explain how poor ranges are...

then again, it's only rediculous for the player.
 
I cleared out the Cordon Military Outpost & it seems that the military repopulates the area once I've left. It's nice having a ton of ammo & better weapons but the weapon accuracy sucks hardcore.. Is the military guy I'm supposed to kill for the stalkers underneath the bridge? So far, I'm getting a better handle of the game, which shows to me a lot more difficult than SoC.

I've seen a big snag in the gaming engine with DX10. I'm able to have everything turned up except for the sun ray & sun quality. Seems that when these to are anywhere above "low" it slows my system down into the 10 to 18 fps range instead of 30 to 40. It sucks knowing that my GTX 280 isn't powerful enough to have those two settings turned up.
 
I've seen a big snag in the gaming engine with DX10. I'm able to have everything turned up except for the sun ray & sun quality. Seems that when these to are anywhere above "low" it slows my system down into the 10 to 18 fps range instead of 30 to 40. It sucks knowing that my GTX 280 isn't powerful enough to have those two settings turned up.

Seriously, I haven't noticed any difference between low/high for the sun ray & sun quality. And yeah, it slows down the system pretty badly. I keep it on medium now.
 
I had zero issues with sun rays & sun quality with DX9 with everything turned up. As soon as I switched over to DX10, it smacked my system around for a bit until I mucked with the settings to get the best visuals without major lag.
 
Is it worth playing SoC first before getting into this game?


Yes, it's probably a better game especially with the Oblivion Lost mod. It'll probably help quite a bit having played the original before the prequel too, although they are standalone.
 
I think rediculous doesn't even start to explain how poor ranges are...

then again, it's only rediculous for the player.
I think we've heard you now. Perhaps this game isn't for you.

It's hard. Things don't always go your way, just like a Roguelike game. People still beat it just fine. Deal with it. The creepy atmosphere is worth dealing with the shoddy mechanics that GSC puts out that we have all known about for years now. At least it was worth it for SoC; the payoff is less in CS unless you are able to handle the game without getting frustrated. I was and thought it was a great shooter.

In summary: we know GSC sucks, it's okay.
 
I think we've heard you now. Perhaps this game isn't for you.

It's hard. Things don't always go your way, just like a Roguelike game. People still beat it just fine. Deal with it. The creepy atmosphere is worth dealing with the shoddy mechanics that GSC puts out that we have all known about for years now. At least it was worth it for SoC; the payoff is less in CS unless you are able to handle the game without getting frustrated. I was and thought it was a great shooter.

In summary: we know GSC sucks, it's okay.

I deal with it but the poster above you has a point. The weapons ranges for the Player are BS.
 
I deal with it but the poster above you has a point. The weapons ranges for the Player are BS.
But.. we know that already. We've heard that point many times now. We can all see it as self-evident when we play. Just go play the game or give up! Let people talk about the rest of the game.
 
But.. we know that already. We've heard that point many times now. We can all see it as self-evident when we play. Just go play the game or give up! Let people talk about the rest of the game.

I was just saying the guy had a point. I love the game. Then again I loved the first game.

I am thinking about trying to mod the game to accurize the weapons since I know quite a bit about guns in general and how they should behave. I'm not completely sure what I'd need to do in order to do this though. I wish I had the skill to reverse the weapon models since they are all backwards.
 
I was just saying the guy had a point. I love the game. Then again I loved the first game.

I am thinking about trying to mod the game to accurize the weapons since I know quite a bit about guns in general and how they should behave. I'm not completely sure what I'd need to do in order to do this though. I wish I had the skill to reverse the weapon models since they are all backwards.

If you did know how to reverse the ejection ports, its not worth the frustration. Some guys over fpsbanana tried and gave up after doing 2 guns, and its the guys who helped with the arsenal mod for the first game. As far as accuracy goes, PLR's weapon mod should be out once the patches slow down. IMO , it was the best mod at balancing the weapons across all the guns.

As Tim said though the accuracy complaint is a dead horse. It was the biggest complaint with the first game. I have always thought of the zone as a place you have to respect and nothing works like you want to. :D
 
As Tim said though the accuracy complaint is a dead horse. It was the biggest complaint with the first game. I have always thought of the zone as a place you have to respect and nothing works like you want to. :D
Yeah, it's not as if we're trying to apologize for GSC, it's just that if you don't go in with the right mindset then you're totally screwed anyway.

But if you guys are just ranting at the Random Number Generator so you can dive back in, then go for it. :p
 
Seems to me that weapons are meant to be lacking until you go with your own choice of upgrades. Nice to see that armor can be upgraded as well.
 
There is a mod out there that sets the accuracy values of the guns at the oblivion lost mods values. I'm using that, fair trade, and carry mod.
 
I'm no sure how far you all have gotten in the game, but around midgame I suddenly got an "action-RPG" itch regarding upgrades and gear and stuff. Hunting for artifacts and doing sidequests to add features to my gun was a kind of fun that I wasn't really expecting from this game.
 
I'm no sure how far you all have gotten in the game, but around midgame I suddenly got an "action-RPG" itch regarding upgrades and gear and stuff. Hunting for artifacts and doing sidequests to add features to my gun was a kind of fun that I wasn't really expecting from this game.
I think it was something they originally intended to happen in the first game (weapon and armor upgrades). Yeah it is nice to be able to do this in a first person shooter with such a great and unique atmosphere.
 
I think it was something they originally intended to happen in the first game (weapon and armor upgrades). Yeah it is nice to be able to do this in a first person shooter with such a great and unique atmosphere.

I loved Stalker and this feature would have made it even better. In CS half of my hours logged are artifact hunting and pimping my gear. Along the way I get into some good skirmishes with opposing factions or mutants. I'm already planning my next playthrough when I finish this one, lol
 
I'm already on my second go around, just got past red forest. But I think Im going to start over from here again as I find that it get a bit too linear from that point on.
 
If you did know how to reverse the ejection ports, its not worth the frustration. Some guys over fpsbanana tried and gave up after doing 2 guns, and its the guys who helped with the arsenal mod for the first game. As far as accuracy goes, PLR's weapon mod should be out once the patches slow down. IMO , it was the best mod at balancing the weapons across all the guns.

It's more than just the ejection ports. They've mirrored all the guns. They are all 100% backwards. It bothers me as a gun guy.
 
Bug Post :(

This exact issue is giving me grief & I can't continue any further with the storyline quests
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalkerclearsky/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-45424935&pid=942067

Similar-but-not-quite method I used http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=12504854&postcount=487
Main quest broken with patch 1.5.04. After I eliminate bandits at the depot for the Loners, the main quest disappears! I can return to the Major and he uploads the location of the case into my PDA. But no location and the main quest is still not there! I had to start this bastard game again to use this patch and it's killed it.
I hope there's a way around this since I don't feel like restarting at the moment. I feel I've progressed quite well with funds, upgrades & ammo. It would suck to wipe the slate, so I'll wait for the next patch to see what happens.
 
artifact hunting is rewarding but a major pain, specially the ones that seems to flying around all over. Do yourselves a favor ifyou hanev't and spend some time getting artifacts. Most are usless but sell for good money.

Btw, who gives the most money for artifacts??
 
artifact hunting is rewarding but a major pain, specially the ones that seems to flying around all over. Do yourselves a favor ifyou hanev't and spend some time getting artifacts. Most are usless but sell for good money.

Btw, who gives the most money for artifacts??

Sid and Scientist in Yantar pay the most. I think its like 90%.
 
I think it was something they originally intended to happen in the first game (weapon and armor upgrades). Yeah it is nice to be able to do this in a first person shooter with such a great and unique atmosphere.

Yeah, it's a cool feature. Armour upgrades are excellent, got night vision (essential)and an extra artifact slot upgrade so far.

What did you guys upgrade?
 
Back
Top