Speaker and Headphone Rigs Picture Thread

I've already shown my speaker setup on the first pages so here are my headphones....

bowced620vkr7xenh.jpg

AKG 601 and JVC HA-RX
bowcfk50gaughcvhp.jpg

plus Koss Portapros and some KSC-75 style Koss.
bowcfvq6108r0yoa5.jpg

I must take THE worst pictures. My new Denons and the crazy overpriced Woo Audio stand. But it is nice.

k9zv2d.jpg

Picked up some old Kenwoods that sound pretty good, might add a small sub down the road though.

Nothing fancy, just picked up some Promedia 2.1's for myself. Also a set for my wife's Christmas gift. :D
I had the 5.1's before and I loved those, these are pretty fantastic too!

I've also owned Z680's and ZX5500's which I loved. But these were "cost effective" and still sound great.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the rules of certain things that are in the image, so if it's a non-issue, please ignore. :D

SDC10115.jpg
SDC10114.jpg
SDC10113.jpg
SDC10112.jpg

My current setup. JBL SAT 1 surround speakers, JBL N-center, JBL northridge E150P Sub (10") All connected to a Pioneer VSX 1014tx (THX)
Screen is a Sharp Aquos 1080p 120hz D78 series

pc specs in sig.

Recent update and finally have something that can be posted here.

Before:
kif2021s.jpg

kif2023s.jpg

After:
kif2060s.jpg

kif2061s.jpg

Speakers: Dayton RS621BK DIY (aka. Darren Kuzma's Encore design)
Sub: HSU Research STF-1
Receiver: Marantz SR5001
Cables: Some cheap stuff from Radio Shack :p

Last edited:
mine. crappy pic. only have the two side speakers hooked up btw. It is not some bizarre center channel thing.

DSC01967.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally got the speakers together, moved my old ones to my TV.

My new mini center, looks beautiful

And my sub in the corner. Yes, it is not ideal placement with all that crap but I have no room.

IMG_3191.jpg

DT 880 600. Currently running them out of my Sony STR-DE935 receiver. I know these things like to be amped, but I'm still wowed by them.

Can't be bothered to take otehr pictures so i'll repost this from the workstation thread.

Tidier and a couple of additions.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

P1020486.jpg

desktop_a_smaller.jpg

M-Audio BX8a fronts
Swans D1080MKII surrounds (behind cameraman)
Ultrasone headphones
(microphones not pictured)

Got rid of my speakers and just use headphones now. Denon AH-D7000 with a Headroom Desktop Amp/DAC. The amp will be in by the weekend, so I will add a picture of that when it comes in.

denon01.jpeg

denon03.jpeg

denon05.jpeg

@SYN ACK

Nice setup you have! I see you're more into audio than visuals :p

I'm really baffled though, you're 2D QRD is 24X24 - Why did you choose this dimension? QRD are supposed to be based off of prime numbers, therefore 23 would have been 'proper' - I'm sure it works just fine and all, just curious what you used to calculate that shape.

Jr,

@SYN ACK

Nice setup you have! I see you're more into audio than visuals :p

I'm really baffled though, you're 2D QRD is 24X24 - Why did you choose this dimension? QRD are supposed to be based off of prime numbers, therefore 23 would have been 'proper' - I'm sure it works just fine and all, just curious what you used to calculate that shape.

Jr,

it's based off an early BBC design
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/1990-15.pdf

my array is essentially 4 of the BBC PRDs (2x2 array) --- but the actual BBC array is made up of multiple smaller arrays (hence, why it's not true prime number)

Last edited:
It looks like you have a good amount of treatment already - didnt even notice the absorbers on the back wall (the ones over your vent distracted me). What kind of acoustic issues are you having? I noticed your attempted bass traps in the corners of your desk beside your kitchen and living room. Since those are fake *corners* they probably arent getting much bass build up anyways. From the looks of it your QRD is probably close to 10feet away from your listening position so its more than capable of handing anything coming at it for sure.

Its a nice place - very open. Sure it sounds pretty good.

Just wondering, have you done any measurements of your listening space(s) so see what you might need to add even? Im just surprised youre looking at adding more treatment. What do you use as a sub for your computer system and your entertainment system?

Jr,

Modified Audio Technica AD700's w/ mic, quick cable disconnects, new wiring and a single 4-pole connector for both audio/mic.

headphones1.jpg

headphones6.jpg

headphones9.jpg

headphones7.jpg

Very nice. Most of the detachable mic mods I've seen don't use TRRS plugs, have detachable main cables, or even sleeve/reterminate the mic.

Ordered the parts for my HD555 today!

My current setup:

Homemade speaker stands, AV30, HD555, and a Logitech Desktop Mic.

First part of recable so far:

Just have to drill the HD555's entrance a bit bigger and my first recabling job will be complete!

Last edited:
img0988a.jpg

The JBL sub in this picture has been sold. Haven't bought a new sub yet.
consolesi.jpg

Got a dedicated headphone amp: Woo Audio WA6SE with upgrades. Makes a killer combo with the Nova as a DAC and the Denon cans.

woo-1.jpg

woo-2.jpg

woo-3.jpg

The speakers on top are going away soon just been too lazy to take them down lol :D

dsc0032ok.jpg

By null at 2011-03-06

dsc0035q.jpg

By null at 2011-03-06

JBL Control 5 Plus and tilted camera angle that all the kids seem to think is cool these days.

IMG_3368.jpg

Computer rig:
workstation3-19.jpg

Home Theater/Stereo rig:
IMG_4922-1.jpg

I can't ever seem to take nice pics. LOL Also I need to get cable management done at some point and my subs up and running (no amp or box) for the HT.

Back