My first post here!

Xonar D2X
Monitor audio BX2s
Denon UD-M31 amp
Z5500 hiding behind
Trusty HD595s
One really messy glass desk

IMG_0514.jpg

Ever regretted getting the xfi titanium hd?

Other than a few console glitches the Ti HD has been great. The SQ is better than my non-HD Titanium (haven't tried ASUS cards). Its a very good card for headphone use. It can connect to the E9 through the headphone jack or RCA outs (with a supplied RCA to 3.5mm cable). The headphone jack is not amped so you don't have any SQ issues with double amping. You can't use the RCA outs and have something plugged into the headphone jack at the same time, which is an issue for some people. I'm only using headphones so a few glitches aside its perfect.

Other than a few console glitches the Ti HD has been great. The SQ is better than my non-HD Titanium (haven't tried ASUS cards). Its a very good card for headphone use. It can connect to the E9 through the headphone jack or RCA outs (with a supplied RCA to 3.5mm cable). The headphone jack is not amped so you don't have any SQ issues with double amping. You can't use the RCA outs and have something plugged into the headphone jack at the same time, which is an issue for some people. I'm only using headphones so a few glitches aside its perfect.

Thnx for the input

I enjoy this thread so here is my contribution:
Klipsch 51 II bookshelf 92 db efficient.
Onkyo a5vl amp
I'm using the optical input on the amp..it has a high quality Burr-Brown built-in DAC. The tractrix horns on the Kilpsch gives amazing definition, especially smooth on strings music, sub is not needed for now.
spk.JPG

Last edited:
Haven't updated for a long time lol - in years in fact.

Anyways I got the Sennheiser 650s about 2 years - April 2009 and the AKG K702s around March 2011.

_MG_8565_6_7_tonemappedAudiophileCollection2011ImagePostProcessed1-1.jpg

delicious bunny, how would you compare the 702's (or the 701's for that matter being they are almost identical) to your hd650's, or hd600's if you've heard those as well?im in the market for a new set and those two are near the top of my list.

The AKG's actually disappointed me somewhat. I don't know if its the HP4 amp but I tried all 4 plugs for both the AKG and Senn and I found if you crank up the volume whenever you feel like, the AKG will give way and major distortions start coming up.

The AKG delivers its sound in a very precise and surgical manor, while the Sennheiser has it's own "trend" of applying a rolled clip at the top of high notes. I think the AKGs are good, but not $400 CDN good. The Sennheisers however are fully worth their $500 CDN price, or how ever much. They also burn in much faster than the AKGs (Sennheiser 100 hours while AKG closer to 200-300 hours).

Have not heard the HD 600s but at this point there's not much point of me going back. I also find the Senns much more comfortable for longer periods, but the AKGs aren't bad.

The Senns are also much more dynamic that cover a wide variety of music better including bass response, spacing, pseudo-surround sound, and overall deliver for practically anything I've put through, heavy metal, hip-hop, rock, electro, techno, house, - jazz and classical are where the Senns really shine. If you're tight on a budget the AKGs are good but I'd honestly just wait until you can afford the Senns. That being said, I'd still keep my AKGs as a reference headphone to "sample" or if I want a more "immediate" feed back sound than the laid back Sennheisers.

edit: better pics on the way as soon as camera charges up. just got excited ;)

60a81aa0.jpg

dc11bbb8.jpg

Last edited:
Sennheiser HD650 recabled and repadded.
P230811_1557.jpg

Musiland Monitor 02 US 192k out/K.I.C.A.S. Caliente solid state (Selling and going balanced soon.)
P230811_1606.jpg

P230811_1607.jpg

M-Audio LX4 5.1 (only 3 monitors visible)
LL2.jpg

Last edited:
2e9ba92af5d9b169e6e207fa1419dbc7.jpg

One of my Definitive BP-10's. Have it thru my X-Fi Fatality (digital out) to an Insignia receiver (re-branded OnkyoTX-SR508)

web.jpg

I somehow lost my Klipsch Image S4s so I replaced them with Image S5i Ruggeds with Comply Tips. They sound the exact same but are water resistant, have a large inline control (great for the gym), and come with one of the most awesome cases I've seen. Yes, that is an LED flashlight on it and it has enough room to store my iPod Shuffle.

Mr. Miyagi, those are cool headphones. Do they stay in place when you move around? I'm fan of Klipsch and own a couple of lower priced models. One set stays in nicely the other not so well. Thanks

Mr. Miyagi, those are cool headphones. Do they stay in place when you move around? I'm fan of Klipsch and own a couple of lower priced models. One set stays in nicely the other not so well. Thanks

I don't have a problem with them in the gym, however, I'm using the Comply tips. It might be different with the stock tips though.

Its a great little combo for right around $200. All-in, I have $300 invested in my headphone + DAC + Amp combo, and could not be any happier. The sound is great, and I stayed well below the $500 I was originally looking to spend.

I've had this in my closet for a long time, so it's not new, but I decided to make room for it just now.

It's on the bottom left of the tv stand - a Denon POA-2400A.
8UJqa.jpg

Definitely not the most ideal placement (not enough room on top for adequate ventilation) plus I really don't like having my tv on top of my center speaker. I've been wanting the center to get out of the middle shelf and be on top for a long time now though. I just need to get a stand with a proper mount for the tv and more space on the shelves.

Last edited:
That's a nice looking sub its phillip. How do you like it compared to your old JBLs?

Agreed, awesome setup above except for the broken mini-blinds :)

I love how swans speakers.My M10 sound pretty darn good too.

Current setup:
Desktop.jpg

Awesome set-up.

Who decided to unsticky this thread? Sometimes I tell myself the only reason why I lurk on the computer audio section is to get updated on this thread. Every set-up I've seen thus far gives me new ideas to incorporate into my future upgrade,

Back