Socket AM2 Club!

Post some pictures so we can double check to make sure everything is correct on your Cell Menu BIOS menu. (please) :)

I have all my bios settings exactly like yours timings are all set to OCZ defaults. and i have memclock value and memory config all enabled. My bios is a exact replica of yours. but its still not letting me change the voltage.

ThatsAgood1jay said:
One question thoe. How do you have you rmemory plugged into your mother board?
Slot 1 & 3 dual channel.. one in orange, one in green.

IMG_0173.jpg

Well this is a real pisser. I figure the memory is under volt`d cause its running at 1.85 volts but i cant change that.

ThatsAgood1jay said:
Well this is a real pisser. I figure the memory is under volt`d cause its running at 1.85 volts but i cant change that.
take pics of your screen in the bios.. We can probably get this resolved.

How do i take pictures of the bios screen. with a camera? (i know its a noob question but i really dont know)

ThatsAgood1jay said:
How do i take pictures of the bios screen. with a camera? (i know its a noob question but i really dont know)
yea.. use a tripod, or set the camera steady on something so it doesn't blur. Turn off the lights if you can't get the screen to be bright enough or visible. Then just snap your picture making sure the camera is perfectly still.

You can host the files on www.photobucket.com for free or something if you don't have anywhere to upload them.

ok, on that memory configuration screen there, thats your problem. You need to bump that up to 800mhz instead of 533, and put the voltage up to 2.1v. To do that, make sure your numlock is in the "on" state on your keyboard. Then, on the number pad, hit the "+" sign. Enter will not work, nor will the minus and plus sign next to the backspace key.

OMFG i feel like such a noob of not trying the numlock pads. Thanks for all your help. The comp is wicked fast now.

ThatsAgood1jay said:
OMFG i feel like such a noob of not trying the numlock pads. Thanks for all your help. The comp is wicked fast now.
hah. =) Saved you from buying another mobo or RMA'ing it. ;) :D Enjoy the speed, thats a great mobo.

Yeah its awsome. but unfortunantly something is now over heating. probebly cause its in a raidmax 50$ case. im upgrading to one of these I hope that cools it enough.

Currently running a 3000+ AM2 on a Foxconn 590 SLI board at 9x300 just peachy.

Looking to upgrade to an X2 when the price cuts take effect (or shortly thereafter), and was wondering if we had any confirmation yet as to which processors come with the copper heatpipe heatsink.

Sounds like the x2 4200+ doesn't...I bought a computer for work prebuilt a couple weeks ago from avadirect.com with an x2 4600+ am2 and it came with the aluminum heatsink...

Anyone with a 5000+ care to chime in?

Thanks.

My 4000+ came with a thermaltake venus 9 cooler. granted it was bought from monarchcomputer as a OEM chip

I got this up and running a couple of weeks ago. Everything seems to be working great together.

BIOSTAR TForce 6100 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 mATX
AMD Sempron 64 2800+ Manila
CORSAIR XMS2 (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 5-5-5-12
HIS Hightech Radeon X800XL IceQ II
FSP Group AX400-PN 400W PSU
SAMSUNG SpinPoint 160GB 7200 RPM SATA
NEC DVD±R DVD Burner ND-3550A
AeroCool AeroEngineII-BBP Black case

pdr1929nr7.jpg

pdr1930ac6.jpg

May I join said club pre-maturely? I have an AMD X2 4200+ coming in from NCIX, due for arrival tomorrow...I'd take a picture of the invoice, but unfortunately, the picture itself is a blur. Apparently paper doesn't like to be photographed lol

temporalwar said:
WAITING FOR AM2 Opteron's
you want a cookie? :D

a question to everyone with the MSI K9Ns.. right above the 6 sata ports, there is a mosfet labeled Q33. feel it when running memtest or something for a while. hot?

can i join this club to?
this is what i got! :

orleans 3000 @2600mhz (289x9) vcore @1.42
EPOX MF4 ultra
pqi value ddr533 @375mhz vdimm @2.1

dsc00153si6.gif

dsc00154nb6.gif

dsc00155ej9.gif

those items is really cheap for only $178 (orleans $83 + epox mf4 $94), and having pretty fast performance.

dsc001602bk4.gif

simple system, cheap, but exelent performance for gaming. isn't it? :)

untitled1pl8.gif

everything is single mode. single core, single vga, single ram, single channel, and stock fan. but when i playing SROnline, nfsMW, and ageOfEmpire 3, i can feel getting better frame if compare w/ my old pentium d 805 @3800mhz, and new orleans is very cool for tweaks at that speed (idle 24c' load 36c) without aircond at my room . also i running game for over 4hours, and almost 6hours perday without any problem.

am2 is ROCK SOLID!
P/S : sorry for bad english :p

one thing. hard ocp did this and then that guy with the gigabyte mother board does it. How do you set up dual channal on a ddr2 mother board? is it colors matching? or colors differint. i haev my in the later right now but alot of other peopole have it in colors matching.

ordered my second AM2 today. might take pics this time, but really do i need to? tis another Sempron 3000+ with same mobo as before. these things make nice servers on the cheap.

Got a picture of the whole family together yesterday...

I just recently sold the 3800+, the sempron 3000+ is in the parent's rig, the X2 in mine.

Ordered my AMD X2 5000+, Asus M2N32-SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS2-Pro. Should be here sometime this week. Pix when it arrives. ~_~

-=Antimatter=- said:
Got a picture of the whole family together yesterday...

I just recently sold the 3800+, the sempron 3000+ is in the parent's rig, the X2 in mine.
needs moar FX :p

-=Antimatter=- said:
Wanna loan me $836 ? :p
no :p but its still not the WHOLE family heheh

gotten this AM2 up to 2.6 @ 1.475 :D and i havent spent much time with it so far :D (its the one in doomrulz post :p 4200+ and i have the stepping somewhere...

Dont think about overclocking if you ever buy a msi k9n board. it wont go anything over 2.2ghz with out crashing or messing up th pci slots

w1retap said:
Ordered my AMD X2 5000+, Asus M2N32-SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS2-Pro. Should be here sometime this week. Pix when it arrives. ~_~

Yes i want to see that pic...for sure :D

I updated the members list and marked which processors are no longer available, or at least on Newegg.com

Darkside said:
Yes i want to see that pic...for sure :D
As requested... =)

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

3.jpg

^--- very first time OC'ing in my life.. I think there is much room for improvement, and I think I can lower the vcore voltage some. But, reguardless, it was very stable at 3.0ghz with those settings. I'll fine tune it later this week or something. Im in the process of updating everything, installing stuff, and tons of transfer files from my old computers and external hdd's.

Leon2ky said:
I updated the members list and marked which processors are no longer available, or at least on Newegg.com

put me on the list i posted awhile back

Back