Socket AM2 Club!

D'oh! Was about to dink around in the Bios, and then realized Cool 'n Quiet was enabled w/ that CPU ID run. Turned that off, and here's what I've got:

Should be much more pleasing to the [H] eyes. Also of note, RAM speed jumps from 200 to 350 w/ Cool 'n Quiet disabled. I'm guessing that the speeds ramp up when it's needed.

AMD A64-X2 3600+ w/ Abit NF-M2 nView. Stock speed, but undervolted to 1.075v :D

cpusi6.png

heh wow out of the list of members I have the second fastest am2. kevz0r with the FX beats me

It's on a Tforce 550:D

Here is my latest atempt:
proc2.jpg

Don't know if it is stable yet but it looks good. Just gave it a bump in voltage. Will run prime95 and see what happens.:cool:

Sweet. Your ISP is Cable One. I'm passing that along to the police in Idaho.

Ill be the first Opteron up there.

Its on the way from newegg.com ill post a CPUz pic ASAP!

Full CPU name: Opteron 1212 2.0Ghz 2x128KB L1 Cache 2x1MB L2 Cache

Sempron 2800
ECS C51GM-M
CORSAIR ValueSelect 256MB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533
WD320KS

Machine is running Ubuntu 6.10, so I don't know how to validate it with any software.

Sempron 2800
ECS C51GM-M
CORSAIR ValueSelect 256MB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533
WD320KS

Machine is running Ubuntu 6.10, so I don't know how to validate it with any software.

I believe there is a terminal command that shows what you have.

*-cpu
product: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
physical id: 2
bus info: cpu@0
version: 15.15.2
size: 1600MHz
width: 64 bits
capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt x86-64 3dnowext 3dnow up pni cx16 lahf_lm cr8legacy ts ttp tm stc
*-cache:0
description: L1 cache
physical id: 0
size: 128KB
*-cache:1
description: L2 cache
physical id: 1

*-cpu
product: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
physical id: 2
bus info: cpu@0
version: 15.15.2
size: 1600MHz
width: 64 bits
capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt x86-64 3dnowext 3dnow up pni cx16 lahf_lm cr8legacy ts ttp tm stc
*-cache:0
description: L1 cache
physical id: 0
*-cache:1
description: L2 cache
physical id: 1
I woulda liked a SN, but whatever. Added

AM2 Athlon 64 3800+ @ stock clock and voltages.

Only single core, but I guess the socket counts...

edit: the picture looks pretty crappy, so if you can't make it out I can create another one with a different host :D

no offence but am2 :| i feel sorry for anyone who bought one, i mean common ghz for ghz its no better than 939, pritty much all their delevopement went into making it the same performance as 939, go look at the reviews of the engi samples. correct me if im wrong but am2 in my eyes was a big disapiontment, only good thing it brough was the nvidia 5 series chipset. Can someone explain to me why you would make a am2 fanclub.

btw look at my sig im not a intel !!!!!!.

ever heard of brisbane? Its cooler and uses less power than your 939 and cost about the same, takes DDR2 and atleast with 3600's overclock nicely.

ok cooler and using less power are bonus but nothing to amek a whole new like of cpu's for, they should be there to acompany the great performance increase that am2 does not have. overclocking in nice but no a feature, probably more that 90 of people do not oc. you would be silly to by a 939 over am2 but why would you upgrade from 939 to am2??? isn't that the idea of a new line of cpu? there is no real benafit for my money of upgrading unless i bought a core 2.

ok cooler and using less power are bonus but nothing to amek a whole new like of cpu's for, they should be there to acompany the great performance increase that am2 does not have. overclocking in nice but no a feature, probably more that 90 of people do not oc. you would be silly to by a 939 over am2 but why would you upgrade from 939 to am2??? isn't that the idea of a new line of cpu? there is no real benafit for my money of upgrading unless i bought a core 2.

I think that the only reason that you would upgrade from your socket 939 to AM2 would probably be the DDR2... and I think I also heard that the next wave of amd processors will work in the AM2 socket 940 also? Not sure on that, don't take my word for it.

You're burning inside to upgrade to AM2 but trying to convince yourself that it's not needed. Poor boy.

the performance difference is the same between am2 and 939 as between 939 and 754. why bother upgrading from our clawhammers at all with this kind of logic? ;)
and what of us who bought am2 before conroe hit? ;)
and what of us who have an am2 for when K10 hits? ;)
what of us who only have $100 to spend on a cpu, thus can't afford a conroe? ;)

The AM2 Processor I bought was actually suppose to go int a rig for my girlfriend. I ended up making it into a file server for my house. Socket AM2 to me is the equivalent of Socket 775, initially there was no point to it, but as intel made newer processors for it with new chipsets, it clearly had a purpose.

hehe ok if you only have 100 dollars for a cpu you eat bread and water for a week till you have enough. hmm i think its just that core2 blew everything away, but even before it can out i was disapionted. i hope am2 redeem themself soon because im not to happy with all their lastest stuff i kick myself if i bought it over intel but i like amd so i want them to do well.

Don't know am2 until you've tried it. I have my 3600+ running 3.1 ghz stable on air and the performance is great. Tell me any dual core processor that can be bought for 90 dollars that will do that. Hell i'm so rich now from buying mine, that from selling my old setup, xp series. I had extra money leftover for a video card.

So basically i got my upgrade for free

hehe ok if you only have 100 dollars for a cpu you eat bread and water for a week till you have enough. hmm i think its just that core2 blew everything away, but even before it can out i was disapionted. i hope am2 redeem themself soon because im not to happy with all their lastest stuff i kick myself if i bought it over intel but i like amd so i want them to do well.

is this good enough for you? all on water cooling

stock voltage
3242.png

a little higher :p
25.219.png

granted, it doesn't touch a conroe in pi, but that's not the point is it? :p

I got to join the gang yesterday when my new parts came in:D :D :D :D :D
I haven't started over clocking yet, but just surfing the web my temps are a cool 18-20c (~65f). That is with the stock cooler too!

It sure is an upgrade over my Sempron 3000+. I have a very happy geek now too:D

athlon94x2ge1.gif

I would like to join went and bought this because my skt939 x2 4200 was stolen so im coming over to this group

cpuz.jpg

Running a Shuttle SN27P2. Much sweeter than my single-core Athlon 64 3000+. =)

Stock settings now, but will OC on water. Hopefully hit 3.0ghz or higher.

am2clubkm4.png

Eclipse, that's amazing oc with stock voltage, best i've seen to date with AMD cpus. I wonder what this chip would do with a bit of added voltage?

I've updated the memberlist, and speaking of which a few days ago we hit over 50 Members. :D

As soon as my memory gets back from OCZ RMA ill try out some OC'ing on the DFI LP board, 3.0ghz here i come!

Back