Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm about 30 now and yet to see an orange anything, but I'm looking forward to finally getting into Old Haven this morning for the first time. All soloing.
I disagree. ITill level 21 I used Legendary shotgun I got from one boss fight. It was extremelly owerpowered but every 2 shells I need to reload. Recently I found light orange shotgun. It is a bit less powerfull, a bit slower but has 7 shells. It absolutelly rocks against all enemies.
Ok....
Finally completed those god forsaken scavenge missions thanks to youtube. Funny thing is, I finally found the 4th piece on all of them, but then another bug hit... only 3 of the 4 items were checked off. Weird.
It still let me turn them in to the bounty board as complete.
=============================
I have finally beaten the the vagina faced monster that was in the vault as a level 37 soldier with just under $2 million. Every guy leading up to him was harder to beat than he was.
I CANNOT BELIEVE I WENT THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME AND NEVER FOUND AN ORANGE LEVEL GUN!!!
How dissappointing.
Despite everything, it was still the best SP game I have played in a long time.
Time to try out online play...
Madeiner said:Ok, after ranting about the game being too easy, i finally found a simple solution that works!
Warning: you need a decent computer to pull this off, i can do really fine on my q6600 dual core and ATI 4870x2, 2 gigs ram
Alternatively, you can use a laptop with the same game setting as the main comp.
Follow these easy steps
1: Select difficulty
Open ..\documents\my games\borderlands\willowgame\config\willowgame.ini
and edit the line
GameDifficulty=+1.0
to whatever player simulation you want, minus 1.
If you want to play as if there were 2 players, simply leave it to 1. If you want to play as 4 player, set it to three (like i did). I think it works up to +6 or +5, for a simulation of up to 6 or 7 players, but i have not tested it.
Open the file ..\borderlands\engine\config\basegame.ini
and again modify the difficulty line the same as before.
Note: I change both values because i do not know if the game looks at the documents' or game folder's file. I think it's the documents' one, but im not sure.
2: Backup
Make a backup of the save files before you attempt to play the game like im going to explain. Create another level 1 character if you only have 1 character, then play the tutorial until you can save. This is to skip the intro movie on the new players.
Saves are in ..\documents\my games\borderlands\SaveData\
3: Play
Start the game as usual, select LAN game, select your main character and open a room.
Alt-tab out of the game, restart the game a second time. Select LAN, join your session#1 game with another character, preferably a level 1, then click ready. If you join with the same character twice, there are HIGH CHANCES the savegame will become corrupt
Alt-tab back to session#1, click Start game. Once you've loaded (this can take a while depending on cpu/available ram), you can alt tab to session #2 and kill the client with alt-f4.
Et voila, the game is now saved to whatever difficulty you set, until you close the game.
It takes a minute or two to setup, each time you start the game. Unpractical if you leave the game often or like to farm boxes.
It's better to add the FOV command to your move forward key bind as the game resets the FOV at certain times. So for example if W is your move forward key and you want your FOV to be 90, under the [WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput] section in WillowInput.ini, addTriple checked. Saw a few people having the same issue but there was never any answer/follow up.
Bindings=(Name="W",Command="MoveForward | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Triple checked. Saw a few people having the same issue but there was never any answer/follow up.
Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="shot")
So I put in the binds to change FoV, and now when I load the game none of the controls work aside from the change FoV ones. Great. Was excited I'd finally be able to play with acceptable FoV, and nothing works.
You're not really missing out on much. The best guns I've had were all purple. In fact, at level 44, I'm still using a req level 17 purple. Granted, it was pretty redonkulous when I got it at level 18, and is still my best gun at 44(though I should soon be seeing an improved version of the same gun).
Has anyone tried the difficulty tweak I posted? Playing with it set at +5.0 is something else!
Has anyone tried the difficulty tweak I posted? Playing with it set at +5.0 is something else!
I have been looking at playing around with these settings too. The one that I am most interested in is
MaxPlayers=4
By changing this does it mean you can invite more than 4 players to join your game? Given that you would need the bandwidth and a computer the could support the extra load. This is something I would be interested in testing out.
And yeah, on play 2, you get much better loot, but it is mostly because you are higher level. I am having a lot of fun on play 2, even though I just finished it. The experience is just crazy, I was level 50 in no time once I get there.
The enemies are much tougher in the second playthrough. I jumped into someone else's game for some co-op and we had our asses handed to us (he was high 30s, I was low 30s).Is there any challenge at 50? I dont plan to clock too many hours at end game, but maybe it will surprise me. I figured I would start a new character once I hit 50. Is there a PT3... etc. or are you stuck with no quests to do at 50?
edit, lol beat me to it.
The enemies are much tougher in the second playthrough. I jumped into someone else's game for some co-op and we had our asses handed to us (he was high 30s, I was low 30s).