• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

Wtf why isnt there at least a cd key verification for the mp? I don't get it between this game and ofp2 there's no reason for pirates to buy the dam game. Then they cry about piracy and not even implement the most basic drm? Idiots.
 
Well that blows. Preventing piracy my butt...and I hope they have actually been working on optimization this past week.

Anyway, about 21 hours left for the Steam users. To those that have retail, have fun playing when it unlocks (at about midnight or so?). Lucky bastards :p
 
Well I didn't pay 50 bucks like I would have, had I bought the retail dvd from gamestop instead got in for 33. Guess I can't complain too much having to wait a few hours longer. Even though there's really no good reason for the steam delay. Meh.
 
Wtf why isnt there at least a cd key verification for the mp? I don't get it between this game and ofp2 there's no reason for pirates to buy the dam game. Then they cry about piracy and not even implement the most basic drm? Idiots.

Gearbox supposedly is waiting until they see how cheaters and hackers work in the game before doing anything so I guess that is the justification for no CDkeys or anti-cheat.
 
Guys, just a reminder. No discussion of where to get this game outside of legal methods please.
 
Its the usual copy paste stuff.

Thanks for the heads up.

Meh. Don't know why I'm letting myself even bother caring. I gave up game piracy a long time ago. I should just be fine with the fact that I paid for my copy and am supporting the devs that made it.
 
Thanks for the heads up.

Meh. Don't know why I'm letting myself even bother caring. I gave up game piracy a long time ago. I should just be fine with the fact that I paid for my copy and am supporting the devs that made it.

^^
This.
 
Well, it just got leaked, as said, and the online works as there is no key and it is P2P from what has been heard.

No way. BS.
2K Games has -GOT- to have something up their sleeves for these Pirates; if not, that's entirely and completely stupid.

And I'm pissed off -_____-
 
Some of you really are weirdos.

If a company puts a DRM, you bitch. Now you've got one that doesn't and ..... you bitch.

WTF do you guys want? I don't even give a flying donkey ass if there is DRM or not, i bought it, i feel ok, i don't pirate my games and if someone else does then it's not my ass that gets busted and not my conciousness that feels bad. At least i supported the Devs for a good game.
 
Thats whats really weirding me out. They(2K) managed to get the game to not even install for PC players before the 26th and yet didn't seem to do anything else to try and keep pirates from playing online.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either. The online key verification thus far has been one of the most effective means of discouraging piracy and encouraging actual purchases. No idea why they'd skip something so important and relatively harmless to customers?
 
I've been having fun experimenting with character builds with their flash utility.

Brick
Lilith
Mordecai
Roland

I'd still need to play the game to get a feel for things. I plan to play Roland first with most emphasis on assault, but would still like to put points in his turret just because those happen to be along the way to getting other things. So even though being a support class is not my focus, it will still have 20% of the skill's potential in effect instead of none at all. My first character I plan to play. The green skills all benefit myself with assault rifles and health/armor. The orange is just so the summoned turret has bonuses to it. The skills for it I skipped only did things like increase its damage or fire rate. Having not played the game yet, I have no idea if those are wasted points or not. Most action games do not favor "well-rounded" characters and mostly prefer you focus on one thing. Doing a build for Mordecai seemed easier, you can easily max his sniper abilities with not much else getting in the way. By neglecting the bloodwing though, the faster reload skill is missed. I'm curious if it's possible to play Mordecai with a pistol focus. Does the game have that kind of balancing?
 
Last edited:
so can pirated copies play with people who bought the game? Is it confermed?
 
Hm, from looking just at these skills trees Brick and Lilith do not interest me right now. I just want to shoot things. They're kind of extraordinary characters that would take getting used to.
 
Just stepped over to my neighbors house, who is a pirate like none other. He is playing Borderlands for PC with 3 other people online as we speak. Looks amazing btw. Kinda BS since I bought it and can't play it at my house yet....
 
Last edited:
I've been having fun experimenting with character builds with their flash utility.

Brick
Lilith
Mordecai
Roland

I'd still need to play the game to get a feel for things. I plan to play Roland first with most emphasis on assault, but would still like to put points in his turret just because those happen to be along the way to getting other things. So even though being a support class is not my focus, it will still have 20% of the skill's potential in effect instead of none at all. My first character I plan to play. The green skills all benefit myself with assault rifles and health/armor. The orange is just so the summoned turret has bonuses to it. The skills for it I skipped only did things like increase its damage or fire rate. Having not played the game yet, I have no idea if those are wasted points or not. Most action games do not favor "well-rounded" characters and mostly prefer you focus on one thing. Doing a build for Mordecai seemed easier, you can easily max his sniper abilities with not much else getting in the way. By neglecting the bloodwing though, the faster reload skill is missed. I'm curious if it's possible to play Mordecai with a pistol focus. Does the game have that kind of balancing?

All the characters are good, while they may have one skill tree that's not quite as good, they all definitely have 2 good skill trees. You'll certainly run out of points well before you can run out of upgrades you want!

Any combination of skill trees work, and the requisite difference in playstyle will result. They did an incredible job of balancing skills, almost none of them are wasted points, and respecs don't cost much so you can change it all the time. No need to second-guess yourself.

Obviously skills have different progression ratios. A 5% increase to shield strength isn't much, but all 5 points gives 25% which is pretty respectable. On the other hand, a hunter can get a 10% accuracy boost with one point, it's a noticable boost and it might be all you need to get the bullets to hit consistently(but you'd probably want more points if you want crits).
 
Got in on a pack deal for $33.75. This is a great way to buy new games. $20+ cheaper than buying local, because of the no tax and much cheaper price.
 
/sigh Please don't steal the game.



the opposite, if the games security is so bad that pirates can playw ith legit players im canceling my pre-order as I cna imagine how quickly character saves will be hacked
 
I saw a cool build for Roland that's pretty much the Engineer from TF2. I was gonna do that build if my shotgun/cauterize build didn't work out.
 
Some of you really are weirdos.

If a company puts a DRM, you bitch. Now you've got one that doesn't and ..... you bitch.

WTF do you guys want? I don't even give a flying donkey ass if there is DRM or not, i bought it, i feel ok, i don't pirate my games and if someone else does then it's not my ass that gets busted and not my conciousness that feels bad. At least i supported the Devs for a good game.

what i want ?? let me give you a few fucken reasons

1. how about releasing the game on the same day as the fucking consoles ( Oct 22nd )
2. How about steam unlocks the fucking game ontime instead of 12hrs behind the retail release ?!!
3. How about the developers and steam treat us like fucking paying customers and cater to us instead of there fucken greed filled wallets and give us what we want.
4. thanks for letting people who did not even pay for the game actually get what the paying customers wanted ! thanks you assholes !

thats all
 
You guys disgust me. You are pissed because you just found out you could have gotten it for free but paid for it. Seriously you guys can't wait one fucking night for the game to come out? Those pirate's torrents aren't going to be done for like two-three days.
 
You guys disgust me. You are pissed because you just found out you could have gotten it for free but paid for it. Seriously you guys can't wait one fucking night for the game to come out? Those pirate's torrents aren't going to be done for like two-three days.

Hey. Hey. I'm excluded from them, right T___T
 
-_____-
Things hardly go your way in life. I know it sounds really mean and harsh, but dude, chill man, and get over it. I dished out my money for this game because I wanted to support 2K games; if you want to pirate everything, go ahead, nobody is stopping you. Neither am I preaching, "Thou shall not pirate computer stuffz" or something.

I'm sure 2K has something up their sleeves for pirates and hackers in this game, like I said earlier in one of my posts.

Complaining and spouting off multiple swear words all over the forums isn't going to change anything.

usually this shit doesn't bother me

but when they delay the game a week and then steam pulls this shit with 12 hrs behind on the unlock and then pirates get the game early but its 100% of the legal copy and are playing it online YEA that pisses me off and gets my blood boiling Sorry Just fuken Errks me the wrong way. When i make a legit purchase with good cash and totally get fucked from behind by Steam and Gearbox and then told to go pound sand up my ass
yea that is gonna piss me off
 
You guys disgust me. You are pissed because you just found out you could have gotten it for free but paid for it. Seriously you guys can't wait one fucking night for the game to come out? Those pirate's torrents aren't going to be done for like two-three days.

we won;t be able to play for 2 or 3 days the way this shit has been handle
 
You guys disgust me. You are pissed because you just found out you could have gotten it for free but paid for it. Seriously you guys can't wait one fucking night for the game to come out? Those pirate's torrents aren't going to be done for like two-three days.

I think people are pissed for different reasons. I know lots of people are pissed because it's out on torrents, and they believe the game should have been released earlier. Other people are pissed because there's no CD check from what we know. I'm pissed because the game seems to have no system to prevent hacking and duping, but I remain hopeful that there will be some kind of fix to prevent this stuff, otherwise the game will be as broken as open battle.net Diablo 2.

EDIT: I'm not sure how they're playing online. From the dev posts I've read, the only component will be handled by gamespy.
 
I think people are pissed for different reasons. I know lots of people are pissed because it's out on torrents, and they believe the game should have been released earlier. Other people are pissed because there's no CD check from what we know. I'm pissed because the game seems to have no system to prevent hacking and duping, but I remain hopeful that there will be some kind of fix to prevent this stuff, otherwise the game will be as broken as open battle.net Diablo 2.

yes iam pissed about all of the above mentioned
 
I don't blame Steam as Steam is always behind in release dates. They set their own time. So you can't fault Gearbox for that.

However, IF no patch is out tomorrow with the so called "optimizations" I'm just gonna assume I got fucked by 2k Games to push their console sales.
 
Back
Top