• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

So boxed copy people, Hows the game? Oh wait...you all are probably PLAYING the game right now...Valve and time do not agree with eachother

Even D2D's version unlocks in 3hours 32 minutes, Beats the hell out of 14 hours

(im not mad that I have to wait 14 hours, I'm mad that every person (including pirates) who have the game are either playing or will be able to play in 3 hours 30 minutes)

Agreed, I will most likely have much less time to play it tomorrow than right now :C Such a bummer, but I am glad I bought it on steam for the ease and since I already buy all my games on it anyways.

So for those that got it on steam, who wants to do co-op with me? My steam ID is Haku.
 
D2D is just doing a bit of false advertising I found out....bastards...luckily I've already got hosed by Valve so I didn't have to get the same from D2D
 
PC screenies.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=78728

MEH. Going to sleep now. Somehow I was hoping steam would unlock at midnight as well. It's past midnight. Time to sleep and go to my internship tmrw. I'll be up and playing when I'm back.

A little segue, do you people that game with ATI GPUs use the adaptive anti-aliasing?
 
Last edited:
I sure do.

Any major drops in performance if you use AAA? Also, my slider only has two options, quality and performance. Which do you pick?

I'm gonna run BL on an e8400, 4 gigs of ram, and a 1 gig 4870 card on - don't laugh - a 4x3 1600x1200 LCD.

EDIT: Hope it's forceable as well. AA that is.
 
Any major drops in performance if you use AAA? Also, my slider only has two options, quality and performance. Which do you pick?

I'm gonna run BL on an e8400, 4 gigs of ram, and a 1 gig 4870 card on - don't laugh - a 4x3 1600x1200 LCD.

EDIT: Hope it's forceable as well. AA that is.

No one is going to laugh, well at least not me. I just hope I can run BL at 1920x1200.
 
Any major drops in performance if you use AAA? Also, my slider only has two options, quality and performance. Which do you pick?

I'm gonna run BL on an e8400, 4 gigs of ram, and a 1 gig 4870 card on - don't laugh - a 4x3 1600x1200 LCD.

EDIT: Hope it's forceable as well. AA that is.
I have AAA permanently enabled and set to quality. I've never compared that to having it disabled, so I don't know if there's a noticeable hit. What I do know is that I can play just about any game that I'm interested maxed out at 1920x1080, which is good enough for me.
 
Can you host a game and lock/password it? I don't want a bunch of people joining when me and a friend or 2 are messing around
 
Playing on a HD5850 1920 x 1080 with 4x AA and 16x AF and its basically 60fps all the time I have Vsync on.

To force AA just rename the exe to ut3. Therefore, it would be called ut3.exe
 
Someone please post some high res screenshots on the screenshot thread. For those of us who can't play its the next best thing.
 
This is gonna sound really stupid but how do you force AA when you have an ATI card? :(

Specifically, what do I enable in CCC and what should I rename the .exe to?
 
I preordered this game with the Steam 4-pack with a few of my buddies, but I'm very glad this game was released to pirates, and before the retail date at that. On the Gearbox forums, there were a bunch of apologists for DRM and for the PC delay, telling us about how it would prevent piracy and etc. Now, I can laugh in their faces, since their credibility just went down the drain, and that's the only thing I care about w.r.t. to this game being cracked so early.

What this also means is that DRM has failed, once again (like it always has). Publishers may not realize the futility of their actions and the inconvenience that it causes gamers, but if this keeps happening all the time, they'll get the message. And they can stop publishing games by GTFO, and leaving us with a pure gamer-developer contract rather than a gamer-publisher-developer contract. I can't wait to see the day where developers have in-house distribution and don't have to deal with publisher crap anymore.
 
Anyone with the game, How exactly does coop questing work? Lets say I host a game and a friend joins (both level 1 or whatever the start level is) can we both progress through the game together, If we both do 1 quest will we both get credit for it?
 
Anyone with the game, How exactly does coop questing work? Lets say I host a game and a friend joins (both level 1 or whatever the start level is) can we both progress through the game together, If we both do 1 quest will we both get credit for it?

Yeah, that's how it works, although I think depending on who hosts the game, the quest sequence may not work for someone else (for instance, one person is farther along in the storyline so the other person can't get the farther quests without having done the earlier quests).
 
Note: The game performs a LOT worse than UT3. On my 3.2 c2d, 4870x2, I was getting about 20-35FPS.
 
I organized a group buy with some friends... managed to get a friend that normally pirates to buy it, and another friend who normally buys game is complaining about playing with pirates.

In the mean time I bought Trine to keep me busy til Borderlands unlocks on steam.
 
So i just went to target and they didnt have it up, i even asked for them to check if they have it in the back and said its only for xbox/ps3? bad gamer employes.

I went over to best buy to realize they dont open til 10 am, im going back and seeing if they have it up and walmart since their right next to each other, well a few blocks away.
 
That's sad. Makes me angry that I will be playing online with thieves.Shame Gearbox didn't put in better protection.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just went out and bought it because it seems like an awesome game :)

then i've got forza 3 coming out tomorrow that i'm gonna absolutely love, so yea, happy birthday to me :) it's on wednesday, lol

That's sad. Makes me angry that I will be playing online with thieves.Shame Gearbox didn't put in better protection.

yea, i was really suprised when i didn't see a CD-key with my game, i was like huh, must be on an inside page, and it'll tell me where to look on the install.....

but nothing, lol
 
yea, i was really suprised when i didn't see a CD-key with my game, i was like huh, must be on an inside page, and it'll tell me where to look on the install.....

but nothing, lol

No protection is madness in this day an age.

So I can download a pirate version of the game now and play the game online and yet I have to wait another 4 days until it unlocks! Pisses me off. :mad:
 
Looking over at the Borderlands forum it would seem that the game has already been hacked and lots of pissed off people are complaining about it.

The game will degenerate into a shitfest very quickly unless Gearbox do something about it.

So yeah the game needs antihack and badly.
 
Last edited:
Looking over at the Borderlands forum it would seem that the game has already been hacked and lots of pissed off people are complaining about it.

The game will degenerate into a shitfest very quickly unless Gearbox do something about it.

So yeah the game needs antihack and badly.

Believe me, I'm trying. Every thread I read that discusses what "we" want in the patch or DLC, I'm replying in with a response regarding anti-hack measures. I also have that poll running, which I'll bump every 12 hours or so. The devs need to be made to realize that their game is severely broken right now. I had high hopes for this game, but it seems like a gross oversight not to include some anti-hacking measures.
 
The game will degenerate into a shitfest very quickly unless Gearbox do something about it.

So yeah the game needs antihack and badly.
I was never expecting this game to be that awesome, just something to play with 1 or 2 of my friends like Left 4 Dead.

People expect too much out of companies that just want to milk genres these days. Remember the devs for this game said that Fallout 3's dialogue trees were too boring, lol.
 
I just purchased this game and it doesnt come with a cd-key?? Thats crazy wish I could cancel my steam copy :( im sure they had to know about it possibly getting pirated with no key.
 
So you can't play this game if you don't have an internet connection? :confused:
 
I wonder if it is even possible for anti-hack protection to be established post-retail.

There's some plausible ways of trying to get it done, but since a lot of developers stop work on major features after release I don't know if there's any chance of it happening. Can anyone think of some prior examples of companies succeeding in establishing protection after release?
 
So u can pretty much install the game on multiple pc's n use a nocd crack? WTF were they thinking?
 
Agreed! Here it is 3 minutes later, and I'm still waiting. In other news, the steam forums are down due to everyone complaining about the so far 3 minute delay. :p
 
Come on, I can taste it! Been a looong time since I've been this excited about a game.

The steam forums are getting hammered.
 
Back
Top