• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

Ever heard of a thing called a patch?

There has been no mention of a patch of any sort on release day.

And to people saying it will prevent zero day piracy. You're an idiot if you think that way. Hackers/crackers WILL crack the game. And now that you can buy it in stores retail, it'll most likely get cracked over the weekend. Then you'll have pirates playing the game before their legitimate customers. So what's the point then of locking it until their set release date? You're only gonna piss off your legit customers while the pirates are like LOL WE WIN HAHAHA SUCK IT 2K.
 
There has been no mention of a patch of any sort on release day.

And to people saying it will prevent zero day piracy. You're an idiot if you think that way. Hackers/crackers WILL crack the game. And now that you can buy it in stores retail, it'll most likely get cracked over the weekend. Then you'll have pirates playing the game before their legitimate customers. So what's the point then of locking it until their set release date? You're only gonna piss off your legit customers while the pirates are like LOL WE WIN HAHAHA SUCK IT 2K.

Ive had a few people tell me theres already a cracked workign version of the PC game up on some private trackers. no idea if this is true or not
 
im thinking of preordering it right now but im worried about cheating because of the characters stored locally thing
 
With L4D everyone chanted "play with friends" as the solution to griefing. Though for some of us that doesn't work because we're not casual gamers that play a few hours a month and happen to have friends with the exact schedule. We'll see how Borderlands turns out. If they didn't spend much effort on counter measures there will be immense cheating. When it becomes recognizable, stop playing with cheaters and find another game. If it's like L4D griefing where every other game has some asshole, then coop with strangers may lose its charm. Unlike L4D though you can still play alone. Hopefully you can make a "friends only game" where someone can join up later if they see you on.
 
There has been no mention of a patch of any sort on release day.

And to people saying it will prevent zero day piracy. You're an idiot if you think that way. Hackers/crackers WILL crack the game. And now that you can buy it in stores retail, it'll most likely get cracked over the weekend. Then you'll have pirates playing the game before their legitimate customers. So what's the point then of locking it until their set release date? You're only gonna piss off your legit customers while the pirates are like LOL WE WIN HAHAHA SUCK IT 2K.

It seems to have prevented it so far. I won't believe that its cracked and fully working until its on the "scene" en-masse (did I spell that right?). As long as they stop, or slow down, zero day piracy they've done a good job. Day zero aka launch day is one of the biggest days for a video game.

2K Elizabeth has confirmed that the game needed some form of work done on it. Not being a developer she doesn't know what, but she said she would contact Gearbox and try to get an answer from them. Don't knock her statement either since she has been one of the most honest employee I've seen on forums for a long time. She worked damn hard back during the Bioshock launch and even last night was posting on the forums from her house and relaying messages to one of the GBX employees doing the same on the GBX forums. So when she says something you can expect it to be as close to the truth as possible.
 
The game will be unlocked in two days. In the long run, that's an insignificant amount of time. It amazes me how angry people are getting about such a minor issue. I for one am still looking forward to the game very much, and I don't mind waiting a bit more time since I'm confident that I'll enjoy the game just the same whether I end up playing it today or on Monday.
 
The game will be unlocked in two days. In the long run, that's an insignificant amount of time. It amazes me how angry people are getting about such a minor issue. I for one am still looking forward to the game very much, and I don't mind waiting a bit more time since I'm confident that I'll enjoy the game just the same whether I end up playing it today or on Monday.
let's go out on a limb and say i live to be 60 years old....that's 3120 weekends. i have approximately 1456 weekends left considering i live to be 60. 2k just stole one of those weekends i could be enjoying BL's. that's why i'm pissed. :mad::)
 
let's go out on a limb and say i live to be 60 years old....that's 3120 weekends. i have approximately 1456 weekends left considering i live to be 60. 2k just stole one of those weekends i could be enjoying BL's. that's why i'm pissed. :mad::)
You have a good chance of living to be much older than 60, and if you're worried about losing a weekend, then just do what you were going to do next weekend this weekend instead, and you'll be able to spend next weekend playing Borderlands ;).
 
It amazes me how angry people are getting about such a minor issue.
Ignoring the frustration of others, just figure out their reasoning with these dates. Right now I don't see the logic.

The game has been preloaded by thousands from steam. Copies were already sold in stores. This year they've been saying all along it was planned for an Oct 20 release. Everyone who wanted the game first thing now has its data on their hard drive. What is this 6 days for? They decided to skip a weekend release. It's another console conspiracy to boost sales. Of the impulsive people who wanted it on release day, those on the fence would just get a 360 copy since it came out earlier.
 
Ignoring the frustration of others, just figure out their reasoning with these dates. Right now I don't see the logic.

The game has been preloaded by thousands from steam. Copies were already sold in stores. This year they've been saying all along it was planned for an Oct 20 release. Everyone who wanted the game first thing now has its data on their hard drive. What is this 6 days for? They decided to skip a weekend release. It's another console conspiracy to boost sales. Of the impulsive people who wanted it on release day, those on the fence would just get a 360 copy since it came out earlier.

They wouldn't have delayed it last minute and only by a week for that. It would have been a long planned delay and probably a couple weeks or more. Publishers make less money per unit with console sales, its counter productive to delay a game for no reason.
 
Ignoring the frustration of others, just figure out their reasoning with these dates. Right now I don't see the logic.

The game has been preloaded by thousands from steam. Copies were already sold in stores. This year they've been saying all along it was planned for an Oct 20 release. Everyone who wanted the game first thing now has its data on their hard drive. What is this 6 days for? They decided to skip a weekend release. It's another console conspiracy to boost sales. Of the impulsive people who wanted it on release day, those on the fence would just get a 360 copy since it came out earlier.
Regardless of the reasoning behind the delay, I really just don't give much of a shit. Sure, I'd like to be able to play the game a bit earlier, but at the end of the day it just doesn't make much of a difference to my life, and I'm sure I'll be able to find other things to occupy my weekend with.
 
I pre-ordered it on steam already :)

Monday will be a great day for sure
 
If you want some good laughs go to the website borderlandsthegame.com and click on the claptrap to see a "making of borderlands" video.
 
Looking forward for this game, Gonna wake up early and head over to target and pick it up and play all day. Even got snacks ready :D
 
let's go out on a limb and say i live to be 60 years old....that's 3120 weekends. i have approximately 1456 weekends left considering i live to be 60. 2k just stole one of those weekends i could be enjoying BL's. that's why i'm pissed. :mad::)

Hahaha, I like how you think XDDDD
 
Hahaha, I like how you think XDDDD
hehe.......and something i forgot to mention is that my wife is out of town this weekend....it would've been non-stop leveling, pizza, and dr. pepper for me. WOULD'VE BEEN!!!! :confused:
 
The 12 est midnight time is not confirmed yet for Steam releases. It may just be the physical copies that were purchased that go live at 12 am. Steam may open at a later time, which is unfortunate.

Damn. Monday can't come soon enough.
 
The 12 est midnight time is not confirmed yet for Steam releases. It may just be the physical copies that were purchased that go live at 12 am. Steam may open at a later time, which is unfortunate.

Damn. Monday can't come soon enough.

Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to wait longer if we bought it through Steam. The Steam store says "This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 21 hours". That would put the release at noon pacific time on Monday :(

Ah well. I don't have time to play until Monday night anyway, but it's still a bummer for PC gamers.
 
Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to wait longer if we bought it through Steam. The Steam store says "This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 21 hours". That would put the release at noon pacific time on Monday :(

Ah well. I don't have time to play until Monday night anyway, but it's still a bummer for PC gamers.

Same here bro, I have a lot to do that day so I won't be able to play until well into the evening.
T____T
I'm gonna miss the launch day fiesta. Damnit.
 
Same here bro, I have a lot to do that day so I won't be able to play until well into the evening.
T____T
I'm gonna miss the launch day fiesta. Damnit.

same here. Don't understand why they couldnt release it on friday. oh well. Tuesday will be fine.
 
a 3PM EST unlock time, amazing that it is actually PM rather then AM like usual

On a side note, Someone said he was playing with a dev the other day (360) and he said there is a hidden basement in New Haven
not sure what is there, maybe some sort of ballin weapon

36 hours is seriously way to long to wait


according to a wrap up of the 38 page topic:

- It's in the blue building behind Zed's place.
- Playthrough number doesn't matter, some other limiting factor is in place.
- It's not class specific.
- There's something awesome inside.
- Once you're locked out, you're screwed.
 
they don't want to release it on a friday because they don't want to support the game on a weekend
lazy pricks
 
a 3PM EST unlock time, amazing that it is actually PM rather then AM like usual

On a side note, Someone said he was playing with a dev the other day (360) and he said there is a hidden basement in New Haven
not sure what is there, maybe some sort of ballin weapon

36 hours is seriously way to long to wait


according to a wrap up of the 38 page topic:

- It's in the blue building behind Zed's place.
- Playthrough number doesn't matter, some other limiting factor is in place.
- It's not class specific.
- There's something awesome inside.
- Once you're locked out, you're screwed.

Crap. So if we screw up and leave, we'll never get the change to get this BAMF weapon ever again. What's the limiting factor?

lol that's what I was thinking. Oh well, monday will come soon enough

Hey guys. One more day. =DDDDDDDDD
 
Crap. So if we screw up and leave, we'll never get the change to get this BAMF weapon ever again. What's the limiting factor?



Hey guys. One more day. =DDDDDDDDD

Yeah man..I see the [H] Borderlands group is growing nicely over there.Maybe we should start a thread over here with usernames etc.
 
Yeah man..I see the [H] Borderlands group is growing nicely over there.Maybe we should start a thread over here with usernames etc.

I can't find this group on Steam...are you sure that is the group name?

[h]borderlands ? no spaces? space? caps?

Edit: Never mind, found it: [H}ardforum Borderlands

.
 
Last edited:
a 3PM EST unlock time, amazing that it is actually PM rather then AM like usual

On a side note, Someone said he was playing with a dev the other day (360) and he said there is a hidden basement in New Haven
not sure what is there, maybe some sort of ballin weapon

36 hours is seriously way to long to wait


according to a wrap up of the 38 page topic:

- It's in the blue building behind Zed's place.
- Playthrough number doesn't matter, some other limiting factor is in place.
- It's not class specific.
- There's something awesome inside.
- Once you're locked out, you're screwed.

Looks like the mystery is solved. I found this thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=942810&topic=51929595
It's not some uber loot though, just an easter egg. I won't say anymore, but go see for yourself :)
 
they don't want to release it on a friday because they don't want to support the game on a weekend
lazy pricks

Because GBX doesn't work over the weekend. How can the support something when they're not working? Also they're supposedly working on something which was the reason for the near last minute delay.
 
I want to get the game, but I want to get the 4 pack and I dont have enough ppl to get it with me :C.
 
I want to get the game, but I want to get the 4 pack and I dont have enough ppl to get it with me :C.

Look in the FS/FT section a lot of people have been doing it. If you post a thread you will get 3 other people easily
 
Back
Top