So... GTA V...

Did anyone ever preorder with Amazon? It is telling me Delivery estimate of tomorrow, now I'm not sure if they mean shipping it out or it getting to me then.
I did, It means you should have it tomorrow. Check your tracking.

Mine says:
Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 09/17/2013, By End of Day

Current: Orlando, FL, United States, Monday, 09/16/2013. I wish I could drive 3 hours to go pick this up. Lol.

Seems the "best" way to play this game on an xbox is to install the install disc to your xbox HDD and then install the "play" disc to a USB drive, so it doesn't have to resort to the disc drive to load things from it while playing and thus no disc drive spinning noise or heat.

I did, It means you should have it tomorrow. Check your tracking.

Mine says:
Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 09/17/2013, By End of Day

Current: Orlando, FL, United States, Monday, 09/16/2013. I wish I could drive 3 hours to go pick this up. Lol.

Yeah I just saw they started shipping tonight so it arrives tomorrow. Good to know that Amazon makes sure preorders get to you on the day of release!

Yeah I just saw they started shipping tonight so it arrives tomorrow. Good to know that Amazon makes sure preorders get to you on the day of release!

Yeah, its the first time I ever preordered a game on amazon. If everything goes well and I have it tomorrow, I will be happy. :)

Amazon has never been late for me when I pre ordered a game with release date delivery.

Does anyone know when we can download this game from PSN?

I pre ordered through PSN for a digital copy. I hope I can start downloading @ midnight (or maybe earlier than midnight since im in Cali).

for those with an x360, just get a 250 or 320gb western digital scorpio black.
Thats what I did with my slim 4gb x360.
flashed the firmware with the 320gb: http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...b-sata-drive-work-xbox-360-xbox-360-slim.html

also removed the 4gb internal memory so it doesnt prompt every time i turn the x360 on.

I posted the same thing post #118 still great advice it's easy and pretty cheap.

Just curious what do you mean you removed the 4gb internal memory that isn't necessary?

Just got back with the game and my local wal mart had literally ONE single 16-gb usb flash drive, and it was 2.0 and there were no 3.0 usb flash drives there at all (they still sell fucking 4gb ones for crying out loud, which they had PLENTY of those).

So can someone tell me is a Sandisk Cruzer fit 16gb flash drive fast enough? I did some googling and found a speed chart and the speeds for it are reported at read: 20.10 MB/Sec write: 7.29mb/sec.

Will that be fast enough?

I posted the same thing post #118 still great advice it's easy and pretty cheap.

Just curious what do you mean you removed the 4gb internal memory that isn't necessary?
i removed the 4gb internal memory, because i would get prompted whether i wanted to use that 4gb or the 320gb that i put it. that 4gb is useless. and honestly the 320 i put is useless too, i have only 1 x360 game.

also if you are planning to download from psn, u have to search and type in grand
scroll all the way to the bottom to see gta v.
im at 19%, 3420mb downloaded. download for me is a little under 2 hrs.
will play tomorrow after work :p

Just got back with the game and my local wal mart had literally ONE single 16-gb usb flash drive, and it was 2.0 and there were no 3.0 usb flash drives there at all (they still sell fucking 4gb ones for crying out loud, which they had PLENTY of those).

So can someone tell me is a Sandisk Cruzer fit 16gb flash drive fast enough? I did some googling and found a speed chart and the speeds for it are reported at read: 20.10 MB/Sec write: 7.29mb/sec.

Will that be fast enough?

Plug it in the 360 will let you know if it is or not I'm sure it is being a sandisk they made the official once for Xbox

360 is USB 2.0

Damn how long does this take to install? Lol 10 minutes so far.

Then I have the other disc to install on top of that :(, wanna play.

fuuu im at work right now and i cant pick it up at gamestop till morning -.- hope everyone is having fun!!!!

Lol girl reviewer at GameSpot knocked a whole point off and gave it a 9/10 for being "profoundly misogynistic".

If that doesn't get you off your ass to buy it "you might be a commie"

Lol girl reviewer at GameSpot knocked a whole point off and gave it a 9/10 for being "profoundly misogynistic".

If that doesn't get you off your ass to buy it "you might be a commie"

All GTA games are basically "Profoundly Misogynistic". Because of the tongue in cheek method they portray the world in their game, though, it's normally a personal feeling whether you take it as insulting or a part of a social commentary.

This is going to be a long work day.

Should have went into the store before going to work and pick a copy ..and call sick :D

This is going to be a long work day.

Should have went into the store before going to work and pick a copy ..and call sick :D

Yeah I totally agree with you, It's going to be painful until 5:30PM EST. It's funny cause I had the same idea about picking it up and calling sick.

What happens the day after when you're not sick anymore? No one gets over a cold in one day. :p

I'm grabbing a bundle after work, pretty pumped.

What happens the day after when you're not sick anymore? No one gets over a cold in one day. :p

I'm grabbing a bundle after work, pretty pumped.

I have a strong system :p

Actually I have spare time that I NEED to take in a year at my job or I lose it... I could use this bank of hours :cool:

I have a strong system :p

Actually I have spare time that I NEED to take in a year at my job or I lose it... I could use this bank of hours :cool:

I've got a few days left as well after my week-long vacation in the summer, might consider grabbing a few days in October and around Thanksgiving to really punch out some games in my backlog...

Got my copy!

1236995_10153237495375246_240383447_n.jpg

5 more hours of hell until I get to play!

after finishing the download in under two hours, it was still around 11:45pm. The install seemed like forever, probably over an hour.
I have a slim ps3 w/ 120gb vertex 2.

I'm happy, got up a little early to play for about 20 mins.
Holy cow this game looks amazing! Cant wait to get home test out some bikes and find a plane to fly..

Here's my copy...yes that's my cars trunk. Called a few GameStop's near where I live and they were all "pre-order only" items, but thankfully the one near my work had a few unclaimed units.

Now the wait begins...shit...

i5b3lw.jpg

Anybody know if I can play this on my 4 GB XBOX w/o a HDD and using a certified 32 GB 2.0 USB thumb drive? I'm scared it will either not install and I'm stuck w/ an open game I can't install or run like dog shit on a 2.0 thumb drive.

Anybody know if I can play this on my 4 GB XBOX w/o a HDD and using a certified 32 GB 2.0 USB thumb drive? I'm scared it will either not install and I'm stuck w/ an open game I can't install or run like dog shit on a 2.0 thumb drive.

Yes, you can, but you'll need to install the "Install Disc" to the thumb drive, and then either play with the "Play Disc" in the dvd drive, or installed on ANOTHER thumb drive. Your 4GB Drive won't work as the game really needs 8GB of space for the Install Disc.

Back