So... GTA V...

ballistic90

2[H]4U
I really have never liked most GTA games because the story missions just.. didn't interest me, and I got bored with the standard mayhem you would cause with the weapons, so I was ready to write off GTA V. But after seeing the latest videos they've been showing, I'm definitely going to go and put a pre-order down on it. It looks like the incorporated a lot of little things from Red Dead Redemption like improved controls, and a much larger playing area. And hell, with the heists you can (supposedly) plan and take multiple paths to accomplish, it looks like it'll outdo Payday 2. And that's just the single player. The online multiplayer looks flat out amazing.

I haven't been excited for a GTA game since GTA 3. Depending on how good the game turns out, I may have to buy a second copy for my wife to play with me as well.

I've had a blast with the last few GTA games (and Red Dead...even LA Noire) going back to Vice City.

I want to be excited for this one, but I'm really disappointed in this one from a tech standpoint. IMO, their engine has run its course. Other games like Sleeping Dogs look a full generation ahead and have a higher framerate, too. I wish they took the plunge and went next gen/PC with this one instead.
I bet it'll still be a terrific game, but I had hoped for more.

I love GTA, always have. I will pick up an old 360 if I have to.

... well that would certainly ruin the whole Next Gen / PC excitment of the game....why would you want to play it without the new features on 8 year old hardware? :rolleyes:

I've had a blast with the last few GTA games (and Red Dead...even LA Noire) going back to Vice City.

I want to be excited for this one, but I'm really disappointed in this one from a tech standpoint. IMO, their engine has run its course. Other games like Sleeping Dogs look a full generation ahead and have a higher framerate, too. I wish they took the plunge and went next gen/PC with this one instead.

I think the things to be excited for in this game is more so the multiplayer online system, and the missions. It's my understanding you'll actually have input in performing the missions instead of just the usual "drive here, shoot that" mission variety in the previous games.

... well that would certainly ruin the whole Next Gen / PC excitment of the game....why would you want to play it without the new features on 8 year old hardware? :rolleyes:

Uhhh... because it hasn't been announced yet for PC or next gen consoles?

Yeah...I really think they should've made it for the new gen consoles too. Would've been a great release title, but whatever.

Uhhh... because it hasn't been announced yet for PC or next gen consoles?

Its coming, even Nvidia mentioned something about it then tried to retract it.

If people stopped buying shitty xbox 360 games devs would have to release things for the PC. Unfortunately, you can't stop stupid.

Have you not seen the videos that I have? What is it exactly about the game that you consider technically disappointing? The impressive graphics for 8 year old systems? The largest world Rockstar has ever created? Under water, on water, land, and air travel? Being able to switch between three different characters at any point in time?

If you think GTA V or the engine used to create it aren't technically impressive then you need to get your head checked, mate.

I think they would have had to start over from scratch, then.

Not necessarily. They could just release the game as it is now with higher-res textures, 1080p support, better draw distance, better frame rate, more cars and people on the screen at once, etc.

There's plenty they could do with the current GTA V on next-gen while still having an impressive looking and playing game.

I've been gaming on an HTPC for 5 years, so I must need to get my head checked. All I see are things that are "impressive for 8-year old hardware" rather than actually impressive.
I'd say the graphics for the Last of Us might be the only times I've been impressed by console visuals in quite some time...and even it was spotty.
Being impressive on the current systems is a bit like having the most badass Yugo in the world.

If people stopped buying shitty xbox 360 games devs would have to release things for the PC. Unfortunately, you can't stop stupid.

Not everyone wants a PC, i know giving people a option sucks huh?

No need to be such an elitist. For a massive amount of people, consoles are a lot more sensible than a gaming PC. Not everyone is willing to dump several hundred dollars (often over $1,000) just for pretty visuals, especially when you consider how much the cost increases even more for those people who don't know how to build their own. I don't see how it makes anyone stupid for having a more casual, cost savvy approach than PC users.

This reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Homer gives up religion, is on his couch at home smoking a cigar, and says "Everyone's stupid but me." Then he falls asleep, the cigar falls out of his mouth and starts a fire.

Hell, GTA games, starting with GTA 3, have been console games to start with. Mostly because it's easier to program for one or two hardware configurations.

Can I stop you from posting something else as stupid as this?

Give the people options.

I really have never liked most GTA games because the story missions just.. didn't interest me, and I got bored with the standard mayhem you would cause with the weapons, so I was ready to write off GTA V. But after seeing the latest videos they've been showing, I'm definitely going to go and put a pre-order down on it. It looks like the incorporated a lot of little things from Red Dead Redemption like improved controls, and a much larger playing area. And hell, with the heists you can (supposedly) plan and take multiple paths to accomplish, it looks like it'll outdo Payday 2. And that's just the single player. The online multiplayer looks flat out amazing.

I haven't been excited for a GTA game since GTA 3. Depending on how good the game turns out, I may have to buy a second copy for my wife to play with me as well.

I'm confused. Virtually all GTA games since GTA 3 have played the same with similar controls. And honestly, GTA 5 looks exactly like GTA 4. The only real difference I think we'll see is the map is a LOT larger this time and there are different environments. I really can't see how you can deduce by a gameplay video that the game has better control. Have you actually played ALL the GTA games to say any of this?

I honestly think you missed out on some of the best GTA games since 3... Vice City was by-far my favorite, and GTA 4 was my second favorite out of all of them. San Andreas was great with all the character building and car customization as well as the flying and parachuting you could do.

I would be shocked if we don't see GTA 5 on PC/Next Gen consoles within a year if not less. I just don't think they wanted to hurt the sales of the PS3/360 copies for people who would wait it out for the next gen version. As is, I'm sure there are people who will buy it not and again on next gen.

I think the PC was just caught up in this cycle and they didn't want a more advanced PC version out before the next console one.

I think we should wait and see how good the game is before bickering about what other platforms the game could/should be on.

I think we should wait and see how good the game is before bickering about what other platforms the game could/should be on.

Even if the game is bad, I think everyone can agree that huge open world games typically run better and are more enjoyable on faster hardware.

I too was really surprised when they said they had no plans of releasing it on next gen systems. Could've been an easy port while upgrading visuals physics and other stuff.

I think they'll still release the game for next-gen/PC, but it'll likely just be along the lines of GTA4 on the PC. The game was clearly designed for 720p/30fps.

i want to buy GTAV... but so close to another generation its very very weird.

i want to buy GTAV... but so close to another generation its very very weird.

Honestly, you need to ask yourself if the launch titles for the PS4 or Xbox One interest you, compare those with the games coming out for the current generation consoles, and make your decision from that.

My gripe with GTA IV was how easy it was to get wanted by the cops, how difficult it was to lose the cops, how there was no open space, the long load times on the PS3 which made me give it up almost immediately, the draconian DRM inclluded with the release that required some online account to save, and the whole cell phone thing that just made the experience needlessly annoying. I hope GTAV doesn't use the cell phone as some gimmick item that is required to use.. I want to stay in the action, not sit there staring at a fake phone and fake contact list all the time. It's because of GTA IV that I don't really buy launch games as a rule anymore. I wait for reviews on things to see how annoying the DRM is, whether the game has quicksave, things like that.

San Andreas was by far my favorite GTA game.

If they require accounts to save or play, I will pirate the game, like usual. The exception to this is if they used steam. I will accept steam, and only steam, as a form of account to play under. I'll probably wait for the PC release. In my opinion they should have designed this game for the new consoles.

Last edited:
If they require accounts to save or play, I will pirate the game, like usual. The exception to this is if they used steam. I will accept steam, and only steam, as a form of account to play under. I'll probably wait for the PC release. In my opinion they should have designed this game for the new consoles.

If it comes out on PC, you can be reasonably sure that it will utilize Social Club. But, I've never had single problem with it with GTA4 or Max Payne. To pirate the game because you have to take one extra step in logging into the game is bullshit. If you want to play the game, pay for it. If you don't like their DRM implementation, don't buy the game, but then you shouldn't play it either. About the only excusable scenario would be if you bought the game, and then used a pirated copy to circumvent the extra steps. That's a bit more gray area, but at least you've supported the product you are enjoying. Just because the R* implemented some things you don 't like doesn't mean they don't deserve to be paid.

yep, rockstar basically withheld the fun stuff from previous gta titles prior gta iv besides graphics......then they threw it in a box with enhanced gta iv visuals...wrapped it with a few new tricks and the new online mode was the pretty bow on top.....waalaa GTA V

Honestly, you need to ask yourself if the launch titles for the PS4 or Xbox One interest you, compare those with the games coming out for the current generation consoles, and make your decision from that.

Next-gen games vs GTA5 and Dark Souls 2...yep, no contest. Current-gen wins!

yep, rockstar basically withheld the fun stuff from previous gta titles prior gta iv besides graphics......then they threw it in a box with enhanced gta iv visuals...wrapped it with a few new tricks and the new online mode was the pretty bow on top.....waalaa GTA V

It sounds like they got the controls from Red Dead Redemption, and the bullet time mechanic too. Sounds good to me.

Gay Tony expansion saved GTA 4 for me. I found the regular story line boring as shit and the side missions felt pretty flat as well. I loved the MP modes though , played those for probably hundreds of hours with friends.

I think the fact that this game is also coming to the PC now (Nvidia pretty much confirmed that) then I'll probably buy it on the PC for the mods. The modding community for GTA 4 on the PC is huge and really just a gem.

I'm not surprised they passed on next gen for now. Next gen will take years to get the install numbers that the current generation has.

Think of it like this , you have 10's of millions of consoles per console manufacturer out there across the planet. You can launch your new game on them and have a greater amount of profit potential or you can launch on 2 new next generation consoles that probably won't hit more than a few million each before 2014. Its simple logistics. Making the next generation versions would have taken lots and LOTS more money otherwise they would be viewed as nothing more than slightly better looking ports.

So make all you can from GTA 5 , while building GTA 6 from the ground up for next gen consoles. Then rake in tons of money from MS and Sony as your new GTA will be a huge system seller for both platforms. I remember GTA 4 moving a lot of consoles for MS and Sony. GTA is a money making machine , people love the franchise and will love it for years to come as long as its kept fresh.

But while I wait for GTA 5 , I'm going to play some Saints Row 4 :)

Gay Tony expansion saved GTA 4 for me. I found the regular story line boring as shit and the side missions felt pretty flat as well. I loved the MP modes though , played those for probably hundreds of hours with friends.

I think the fact that this game is also coming to the PC now (Nvidia pretty much confirmed that) then I'll probably buy it on the PC for the mods. The modding community for GTA 4 on the PC is huge and really just a gem.

I'm not surprised they passed on next gen for now. Next gen will take years to get the install numbers that the current generation has.

Think of it like this , you have 10's of millions of consoles per console manufacturer out there across the planet. You can launch your new game on them and have a greater amount of profit potential or you can launch on 2 new next generation consoles that probably won't hit more than a few million each before 2014. Its simple logistics. Making the next generation versions would have taken lots and LOTS more money otherwise they would be viewed as nothing more than slightly better looking ports.

So make all you can from GTA 5 , while building GTA 6 from the ground up for next gen consoles. Then rake in tons of money from MS and Sony as your new GTA will be a huge system seller for both platforms. I remember GTA 4 moving a lot of consoles for MS and Sony. GTA is a money making machine , people love the franchise and will love it for years to come as long as its kept fresh.

nVivida didn't confirm shit. Someone from nVidia posted that they figured the game would be out this year for PC, and they retracted it stating clearly that it was just speculation and that they didn't hear any confirmation at all.

I agree with you about GTA 4. I liked the city, even though I wish that you could enter more buildings and that they put even more detail into it. I never played MP, but the story missions felt really annoying. My wife was bored to tears watching me play it. She saw the latest trailers for GTA 5 and she was excited, so I preordered it.

And Saint's Row 4 is pretty awesome. My wife and I played for a few hours last night, spending 45 minutes just collecting data clusters.

then wait another 4-6 months and release it on pc for another 10 - 20 million in the bank

nVivida didn't confirm shit. Someone from nVidia posted that they figured the game would be out this year for PC, and they retracted it stating clearly that it was just speculation and that they didn't hear any confirmation at all.

I agree with you about GTA 4. I liked the city, even though I wish that you could enter more buildings and that they put even more detail into it. I never played MP, but the story missions felt really annoying. My wife was bored to tears watching me play it. She saw the latest trailers for GTA 5 and she was excited, so I preordered it.

And Saint's Row 4 is pretty awesome. My wife and I played for a few hours last night, spending 45 minutes just collecting data clusters.

Yea like I said , Nvidia basically confirmed what we all already knew , that it was coming but not near the console release date. It would be foolish of them to NOT release a PC version considering how well it did and continues to do.

Saints Row 4 is like playing a sandbox game as "God Mode". So over the top but incredibly fun. I love feeling like I can break time and space with napkin in a sandbox game heh.

Next-gen games vs GTA5 and Dark Souls 2...yep, no contest. Current-gen wins!

I dunno... when it comes to sandbox games, I am putting a lot of faith in Watch Dogs. I am certainly looking forward to that more than GTA V. Both will probably be a lot of fun.... but Watch Dogs introduces something new with the hacking stuff and playing a vigilante instead of just a run of the mill criminal climbing up the ladder. It also certainly has visuals on it's side. And most of all, I'm just really looking forward to tearing it up in the city I grew up in. Chicago never gets any love for video games.

Yea like I said , Nvidia basically confirmed what we all already knew , that it was coming but not near the console release date. It would be foolish of them to NOT release a PC version considering how well it did and continues to do.

This. I think a lot of people are nervous because Red Dead never came to PC. But Red Dead was buggy as hell. I've seen several reports of it being coded incredibly poorly. And really, if a game is notoriously buggy on the closed platform consoles, that makes for a potential nightmare on PC. Simply put, the time, effort, and money required to make that game stable on PC would probably not have been worth it. It would have made money I'm sure, but that doesn't mean that the resources required to release it wouldn't be more profitable if focused on different projects. As far as I can recall, RDR is one of the only R* games to not eventually make it's way onto PC. GTA is a bigger franchise by far, and they know it will be a lot more profitable. It's also developed by a much larger, more senior team of people, which means less issues in the porting process.

The way R* is doing things may not be favorable for PC gamers, but it really is the most sensible from a business standpoint. Consoles are still the bread winners, so putting as many resources as they can into make those games the best they can be is crucial. Once they have done that, they can casually work on the PC version while raking in millions of dollars from the console sales. Makes more sense than stealing resources away from the console versions, which could lead to an overall loss in content or quality, which in turn could damper sales.

I dunno... when it comes to sandbox games, I am putting a lot of faith in Watch Dogs. I am certainly looking forward to that more than GTA V. Both will probably be a lot of fun.... but Watch Dogs introduces something new with the hacking stuff and playing a vigilante instead of just a run of the mill criminal climbing up the ladder. It also certainly has visuals on it's side. And most of all, I'm just really looking forward to tearing it up in the city I grew up in. Chicago never gets any love for video games.

Watchdogs was my choice of the two as well.

The next call of duty should be in Chicago since your more likely to get shot in Chicago than in the middle East :)

I have a bad feeling that Watch Dogs won't be very different from Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed has a few great games, but it's been stagnating for a while.

Right now, GTA 5 seems like it would be a better game, but I'm still hoping Watch Dogs turns out great.

I have a bad feeling that Watch Dogs won't be very different from Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed has a few great games, but it's been stagnating for a while.

Right now, GTA 5 seems like it would be a better game, but I'm still hoping Watch Dogs turns out great.

agreed...gta is already polished and shiny.....watch dogs is just in introduction period, might not even be a good game

agreed...gta is already polished and shiny.....watch dogs is just in introduction period, might not even be a good game

GTA games have been far from polished. GTA 4 had some poor control choices. It's Red Dead Redemption that really gave me faith in GTA 5's development.

Is anyone else skeptical about the graphics quality in GTA V? All the videos ive seen make it look next gen and its looks amazing unlike GTA IV graphics. I feel like many will be dissapointed when its released on 8 year old hardware. TLOU looked amazing on PS3 and really pushed the system but they had the annoying blur and aliasing was awful.

Back