• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So... GTA V...

Yes, you can, but you'll need to install the "Install Disc" to the thumb drive, and then either play with the "Play Disc" in the dvd drive, or installed on ANOTHER thumb drive. Your 4GB Drive won't work as the game really needs 8GB of space for the Install Disc.

Why would I want to install the 'play' disk? I thought that was a no-go on XBOX anyways? Yeah my 4GB is garbage and full anyways. I can add another USB drive but I didn't think I was supposed to install the 'game' disk to HDD, no?
 
Why would I want to install the 'play' disk? I thought that was a no-go on XBOX anyways? Yeah my 4GB is garbage and full anyways. I can add another USB drive but I didn't think I was supposed to install the 'game' disk to HDD, no?

You don't HAVE to install the play disc, but you can to get rid of any read/load sounds from the dvd drive. Can be quicker too if you've got a good USB drive.
 
game has been getting excellent reviews...when's it coming out for PC? :D

GTA games always get high review scores when they are released, or at least the main titles do. It's not a surprise what score the games will get, honestly. Although it pisses me off that since most websites max out the scores on GTA games, that Red Dead Redemption by default ended up scoring lower, despite (arguably) being the better game.

Before you ask, I'm not bitter. Not too bitter to buy GTA 5, anyways.
 
It's the last game I will buy for my current gen console. I think there's a lot of hype behind it because it's a very well made game. Sure it's not the best game and perhaps RDR was (arguably) a better game in respect to the previous releases of GTA. The game has tons and I mean TONS of replay value so I for one and happy to buy this before my system gets upgraded to next gen.
 
Agreed...RDR kicked GTA IV's ass, which is why I think R* had to make this GTA live up to the hype. I'm 6 hours in so far and I'm liking it for the most part.
 
Agreed...RDR kicked GTA IV's ass, which is why I think R* had to make this GTA live up to the hype. I'm 6 hours in so far and I'm liking it for the most part.

Well in fairness RDR also came two years after GTA IV. And GTA IV came out over five years ago, it was epic in its time, especially TBoGT DLC. I remember being so ecstatic about it I was buying copies for my friends and telling them to buy xbox360's. Really, these titles are like children you simply love equally - and not just in that michael jackson, dr. phil kind of way.
 
Went home for my lunch:
started driving along the country side, got on a mountain bike, ran over some mountain lions and tried to catch up to deer. rode the mtn bike down the mountain like redbull rampage!
Ended up in this gated area where they let me in, saw a helo on top of the building...
This thing fires a gattling gun, im sure there are missiles too, but just wanted to discover most of the map before my lunch ended and had to go back to work.

2n9cap3.png


Left the game on pause, gonna go back and try to discover entire map!

:cool:
 
I have to say that this GTA game has taken open world sandboxes to a whole new level, the vast amount of things you can do and see in the game compared to the previous GTA's. And oh man, customizable cars from GTA SA, something they should've put into GTA IV as well.

Hands up who is currently enjoying GTA V?
 
I have to say that this GTA game has taken open world sandboxes to a whole new level, the vast amount of things you can do and see in the game compared to the previous GTA's. And oh man, customizable cars from GTA SA, something they should've put into GTA IV as well.

Hands up who is currently enjoying GTA V?

9 hours in...it's a MASSIVE world, I can say that much.
 
Is it just me or are vehicles nothing like that the early leaks showed? With the whole driving/damage mechanics?

There was a big fuss on the gtaforums from people complaining about how arcadey the driving looked and the lack of damage to vehicles.

However so far to me it has seemed to be the opposite. Vehicles feel like they have weight behind them now and aren't all "Floaty" feeling like they were in GTA IV.

Regarding damage, I have literally rear endeda vehicle going a moderate speed (not super fast or anything) and ended up knocking his back wheel off. I can nudge a wall while driving and it scrapes the paint off, someone hits you and can easily bust your lights.

Then most of all, I did a gnarly drive off a small hill going fast and the car rolled over and over and blew up and it wasn't like it was super-high up either, just flipping over and over and blew up.
 
Still downloading on my PS3 since 5pm. I purposely finished all my work up last night until the sun came out to make a day of this, and then had to do more work until 5!

It's been a long time since I bought a console game. I think I should have just got the physical copy and would have been playing hours ago. Almost 9pm here and its movie night, so I get to probably play around midnight. WTF!
 
Is it just me or are vehicles nothing like that the early leaks showed? With the whole driving/damage mechanics?

There was a big fuss on the gtaforums from people complaining about how arcadey the driving looked and the lack of damage to vehicles.

However so far to me it has seemed to be the opposite. Vehicles feel like they have weight behind them now and aren't all "Floaty" feeling like they were in GTA IV.

Regarding damage, I have literally rear endeda vehicle going a moderate speed (not super fast or anything) and ended up knocking his back wheel off. I can nudge a wall while driving and it scrapes the paint off, someone hits you and can easily bust your lights.

Then most of all, I did a gnarly drive off a small hill going fast and the car rolled over and over and blew up and it wasn't like it was super-high up either, just flipping over and over and blew up.

The vehicles do show fairly realistic damage, with scrapes and stuff. The controls seem off to me, still, but still better than GTA 4. Going at any kind of speed leads to more fishtailing than I would think would be realistic. The one motorcycle/scooter thing in the one early mission handled surprisingly well, though.

The shooting/aiming mechanics feel a lot better than they used to in previous GTA games. I don't really have an issue putting a bullet where I want to. The cover system, while an improvement, seems to get confused easily. And I don't think it's ever bothered me before, but the default walking speed seems too slow, and your character feels cumbersome when you try to go from walking to running. That seems to cause me issues when going from cover to cover. It's something I'll probably get accustomed to, though.

I think I understand why someone would call the game sexist, but I think that's a little misleading. The female characters that I've seen so far play into stereotypes and are under developed "foil" characters. However, all of the tertiary characters are as under-developed regardless of gender, so it's not like they just specifically target women. Unless they do later? I don't know. I'm only about 4 hours into the game. That said, it sounds like there's no female characters that you have any real meaningful conversations with. It would probably have been nice to have a female character with more of a role, but whatever, it's not something I would lose sleep over.

What's really surprised me is that the 2 main characters I've been playing as, Michael and Franklin, I found to be really interesting. They seem pretty fleshed out to me, and I'm enjoying playing as them. So far, I like John Marston from RDR better, but I can honestly say I haven't felt this connected to GTA characters before. Michael is in a midlife crisis, not getting any respect from his family and doesn't really have any applicable skills for a legitimate career, so he basically lives off the money he's made off of his heists and whatnot. He's clearly not happy, but relunctant to go for another heist. Franklin on the other hand, is trying to get his life started, but keeps falling into illegal business because of his stupid friends and crooked boss. He has a strong sense of responsibility, and it seems like, in the right circumstances, he would succeed and never have fallen into a life of crime in the first place. Still, he is pushing forward with what he has to work with.

And holy shit, that Lamar friend of Franklin's is a damned idiot. He keeps getting himself into trouble and obvious traps, and in one mission, he got himself killed crossing the street. I think everyone knows someone this stupid in their life, and I think the pegged the character pretty well. They think everyone is as stupid as they are, and acts accordingly, to disasterous results.

In the end, the game still feels like a GTA game, and it's a feeling I've never cared for. The melee combat so far has been boring, and the "unlocking activities and areas as you play" still feels annoying, but the missions you play through haven't been as infuriating (yet) as they have in previous games. Hell, I'm even able to convince myself that I might actually win a race in the game, despite sucking at racing games. From what I've played, GTA 5 looks to be the best entry of the series in probably every facet, but a part of me still wishes that they would steal some more ideas from games like Sleeping Dogs for the melee combat and such.

TLDR; I'm not really a GTA fan, but I'm really enjoying GTA 5.
 
Last edited:
Just landed my first plane. I thought it would be the one thing that would be easy with a PS3 controller, but I crashed that damn thing 5 times before I finally got it.
 
There only one thing I don't like about GTAV on the PS3 is the controls, They changed them from GTAIV and I can't changed them to the old ones or what I want. :/

Not really a big deal but I keep hitting square to brake lol.
 
I played about an hour last night and loved the intro. Blasting those cops after the bank robbery was so much fun [Heat] however I didn't like being switched over to Lamar or the black guy for so long. You're stuck repo'ing cars and it just feels like work for a bit. Fantastic game however!
 
I played about an hour last night and loved the intro. Blasting those cops after the bank robbery was so much fun [Heat] however I didn't like being switched over to Lamar or the black guy for so long. You're stuck repo'ing cars and it just feels like work for a bit. Fantastic game however!

The black guy you play as is Franklin, and he starts to become a more interesting character, and gets more interesting missions as you play. Lamar is an idiot, though. You cross the street, and he's got about a 33% chance of crossing it without getting hit by a car.
 
Franklin and Michael have been pretty fun, but this Trevor guy is becoming my new fav. Oh, and the dune buggy is the shit.
 
At what point do you find it's more fun to just run about and explore - fuck shit up versus actually sticking to the missions and such? Should free play be avoided until some point of the game? Obviously I've only played for an hour and just switched back from Franklin to Michael.
 
At what point do you find it's more fun to just run about and explore - fuck shit up versus actually sticking to the missions and such? Should free play be avoided until some point of the game? Obviously I've only played for an hour and just switched back from Franklin to Michael.

I didn't do any missions besides the first required ones. I wanted to explore the map first and fuck around, spent 4-5 hours doing that. then started the missions.
 
Franklin and Michael have been pretty fun, but this Trevor guy is becoming my new fav. Oh, and the dune buggy is the shit.
Was gonna post about that, seriously tons of fun!

You can get it around the desert neighborhoods, near a big lake.

I didn't do any missions besides the first required ones. I wanted to explore the map first and fuck around, spent 4-5 hours doing that. then started the missions.
I'm doing the same thing, maybe do a few more to get money and acquire new hideouts.
 
At what point do you find it's more fun to just run about and explore - fuck shit up versus actually sticking to the missions and such? Should free play be avoided until some point of the game? Obviously I've only played for an hour and just switched back from Franklin to Michael.

Depends on what you wanna do first...me personally, I'm just doing the main storyline missions and saving free-roam for last. I actually JUST unlocked Michael and Franklin back up. For a bit there you're stuck with Trevor only, but he's fun as hell.
 
Depends on what you wanna do first...me personally, I'm just doing the main storyline missions and saving free-roam for last. I actually JUST unlocked Michael and Franklin back up. For a bit there you're stuck with Trevor only, but he's fun as hell.

I heard people complain that Michael and Trevor don't "grow" or have any character development in GTA 5. I argue that, considering their characterizations, it would even be OUT of character for them to have large character developments.
 
I'm confused. If I can 'skip' a mission, is that not a required mission? Like when Franklin and Lamar take those two cars for the 1st time and you have to follow Lamar and now Michael is chasing his Yacht his son tried to sell or something. I mean the missions cool but gets kind of annoying. Would these be considered 'required' missions?
 
This game is amazing so far. Ugh, glad I did not wait for the PC release but at the same time sad I'm not playing it on PC at a higher resolution as I know it would be eye sex.
 
I'm confused. If I can 'skip' a mission, is that not a required mission? Like when Franklin and Lamar take those two cars for the 1st time and you have to follow Lamar and now Michael is chasing his Yacht his son tried to sell or something. I mean the missions cool but gets kind of annoying. Would these be considered 'required' missions?

To skip to the next mission? Not possible. They are 'required' missions.

You don't have to do missions in this one but yeah.
 
This game is amazing. Already on Trevor's character, what a nut job!
Graphics are amazing and the gameplay is top notch.
Have yet to check out the parachuting places, but have bought my own landing strip for drug deals so far. Hehe
 
Back
Top