• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So... GTA V...

To answer the Japanese games question...
PS3 - yes
360 - no

Sweet, great news. Thanks kin.

I just called GameStop, and they will be receiving these GTA V bundles tomorrow, but they'll really only order enough to have a very small supply (like 2-3), unless you pre-order them in store today, in which case you're guaranteed to get one tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if this will be the first GTA game I'll play the entire story for...

Whaaat. Idk, I liked the stories of the other ones. Sure, they weren't really very deep or meaningful in many ways, but still great.
 

I do too, seems neat. I'm about 60/40 for grabbing that PS3 bundle tomorrow...unless someone can convince me that the console version is 'meh' at best. Reviews seem to say otherwise.
 
I do too, seems neat. I'm about 60/40 for grabbing that PS3 bundle tomorrow...unless someone can convince me that the console version is 'meh' at best. Reviews seem to say otherwise.

you dont even play the games you own now :)
 
I do too, seems neat. I'm about 60/40 for grabbing that PS3 bundle tomorrow...unless someone can convince me that the console version is 'meh' at best. Reviews seem to say otherwise.

I'm going to wait for the PC version and tell my friends to go fuck themselves during the 6 month wait.
 
Whaaat. Idk, I liked the stories of the other ones. Sure, they weren't really very deep or meaningful in many ways, but still great.

I never cared for the story missions in the previous games in the series. The missions seemed hit or miss and almost secondary to just going around and doing whatever. The story never interested me enough to get through the most frustrating missions, so I end up stop playing the games when I get bored.
 
I never cared for the story missions in the previous games in the series. The missions seemed hit or miss and almost secondary to just going around and doing whatever. The story never interested me enough to get through the most frustrating missions, so I end up stop playing the games when I get bored.

The stories in Vice City and San Andreas both had me interested enough to put a limit on my mayhem, I'd juggle missions and wrecking things equally.
 
The stories in Vice City and San Andreas both had me interested enough to put a limit on my mayhem, I'd juggle missions and wrecking things equally.

San Andreas' "working out at the gym" mechanic took me out of the game too much. Considering you were at a distinct disadvantage if you didn't spend time working out, it felt like a time sync. It's not as bad as it felt in GTA IV with people harassing you to spend time with them, it still felt like a chore.

Vice City had a few missions that just made me annoyed to the point where I quit and played something else.

I might also have an issue where the games never match my expectations or hopes. I always hoped they'd make a GTA game where you could enter almost any building, just for the purposes of getting a better shooting angle for a firefight, or an attempt to lose the cops, but that would be one hell of an undertaking. It's probably what I'm hoping for in a "next gen" GTA game after GTA 5. Especially with multiplayer.

Although the GTA 4 multiplayer looks awesome as it is.
 
Eh, Rockstar games all have their flaws. I can see why certain missions might make you stop playing the game. I was annoyed with GTA4 about half of the time I was playing it.
 
Why is this? Is there a loading or texture problem with installing the play disc?

No, just that the install disc is required to be installed, but the play disc isn't required. I know many Xbox 360 games allow you to install them as an option, so maybe the second disc will allow you to if you like, but won't offer any advantage. I don't know.
 
Eh, Rockstar games all have their flaws. I can see why certain missions might make you stop playing the game. I was annoyed with GTA4 about half of the time I was playing it.

GTA 4's controls and cover mechanics were fairly lousy.
 
San Andreas' "working out at the gym" mechanic took me out of the game too much. Considering you were at a distinct disadvantage if you didn't spend time working out, it felt like a time sync. It's not as bad as it felt in GTA IV with people harassing you to spend time with them, it still felt like a chore.

People say this but it hardly put you at a disadvantage. I was putting a ton of time into working out and other little things. Finally gave up about halfway and realized I didn’t need to do any of those things. The game is very doable without ever once going to the gym. You plan on going though punch every guy you see?

Same for GTA4. Yeah I know the first few are required but after that just hang up on them when they called. Made the game 100X more enjoyable once I stopped caring about the little things like bowling and dates. And yes there is a benefit but it hardly worth the effort and grind to get some tiny award. And for those of you who said you wanted the achievement…well there is no hope for you sorry :D
 
No, just that the install disc is required to be installed, but the play disc isn't required. I know many Xbox 360 games allow you to install them as an option, so maybe the second disc will allow you to if you like, but won't offer any advantage. I don't know.

If that is the only reason, I will still install both disc's. Less work for the disc drive the better. Those things tend to crap out on 360's over time. I install all my games when I can.
 
PS4 in 2 months.... I cant buy a PS3 for one game....

DAT BUNDLE......

Not gonna do it.......
 
I wonder if installing the mandatory content on a USB stick and the play disc on the HDD to bypass the need for the noisy DVD drive like a commenter suggested would work?

I think it MIGHT work, but it seems like a lot of work to bypass the DVD drive.
 
Wait... you can stick an SSD in a PS3? :eek:

(former 360 owner just got a ps3 for this game)

You can stick any low height 2.5 inch drive in a PS3. In a lot of games, the SSD speed doesn't make a difference, however it doesn't hurt either.
 
Your better off with a nice large capacity 7200rpm drive for your ps3 especially if you have PS+
 
I read a review to temper my expectations, and I think I'm glad I did. It sounds like you don't have too many options for pulling a heist, but the choices you make still have a big impact.
 
you dont even play the games you own now :)

I'll have you know I beat the new Amnesia and a bunch of other games on Steam at work. ;)

Plus this one is massively anticipated for me. More than anything else. When a new GTA is out, I get mental.

PS4 in 2 months.... I cant buy a PS3 for one game....

DAT BUNDLE......

Not gonna do it.......

Every hour that goes by at work, my need for this game grows since having seen the bundle. It's so unbelievably cheap for all the hours of content, plus I have tons of other games I never sold in my possession that I haven't beaten (plus a few Japanese games I want to get my hands on)...it's tough.

I'm definitely grabbing a PS4 as well though, getting the launch edition from Amazon on release day.
 
I wonder if installing the mandatory content on a USB stick and the play disc on the HDD to bypass the need for the noisy DVD drive like a commenter suggested would work?

The reports I am reading say it works the same as using the disc drive so I went ahead and got a 16gig thumb stick for this. This Xbox I got from gamestop is noisy enough with the fans, I don't need the noise of the ROM compounding on top of that.
 
Your better off with a nice large capacity 7200rpm drive for your ps3 especially if you have PS+

I don't have any PS3 games anymore. The last ones I played was GTAVI and BF: Bad Company. So a spare SSD will do. :)
 
If a game installs to the PS3 hard drive or has long loading spots, I find an SSD is a must have item for those games.

I think the Wii U and the XBOX1 later down the road will suffer greatly compared to the PS4 (because they lack an SSD option) And the PS4 being the sole/only next gen console with this ability.
 
If a game installs to the PS3 hard drive or has long loading spots, I find an SSD is a must have item for those games.

I think the Wii U and the XBOX1 later down the road will suffer greatly compared to the PS4 (because they lack an SSD option) And the PS4 being the sole/only next gen console with this ability.

Wii U can use any drive you want even ssd external. And Xbox one will support external drives as well through USB 3.

Solid state drives are still over priced, I'd still take more storage option considering just from PS+ alone I have over 400 GB worth of games.

I sure as hell wouldn't pay 1500 bucks to replace the 1 tb drive in my ps3 with a ssd
 
Wii U can use any drive you want even ssd external. And Xbox one will support external drives as well through USB 3.

Solid state drives are still over priced, I'd still take more storage option considering just from PS+ alone I have over 400 GB worth of games.

I sure as hell wouldn't pay 1500 bucks to replace the 1 tb drive in my ps3 with a ssd

Actually, you're both technically right, be his is more right. The difference between internal SSD and external SSD via USB3 is huge. You'll still get better performance with the SSD but USB will bottleneck it more than using an onboard sata controller.
 
I'm confused...will GTA V work on a XBOX 360 4GB model w/o a HDD and a 16 GB USB flash drive?
 
Did anyone ever preorder with Amazon? It is telling me Delivery estimate of tomorrow, now I'm not sure if they mean shipping it out or it getting to me then.


And on the PS3 discussion with the SSD, I thought I read the controller is pretty slow and an SSD doesn't do much.(I think read was limited to like 14mb/s or something, although it did decrease install time)
Here is the article, it only affects install/delete times http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-playstation-3-12gb-super-slim-review
 
I'm confused...will GTA V work on a XBOX 360 4GB model w/o a HDD and a 16 GB USB flash drive?

It should the system treats the flash drives as storage you can use up to a 32 GB flash drive and at least 2 of those at the same time.

It's real easy to buy a Hardrive and make your own for the 360

No doubt internal ssd is faster but the ps3 is original sata standard still better off with 7200 rpm drive.
http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/ho...e-xbox-360-get-10x-gb-for-your-money-0132294/
 
Back
Top