• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So... GTA V...

careful with the spoilers yall!

i did the first heist, and did pretty well. i hired a shitty crew member though and paid for it ;/
 
careful with the spoilers yall!

i did the first heist, and did pretty well. i hired a shitty crew member though and paid for it ;/

ah crap. im about to do my first heist and i hired a shitty hacker. lol, see what happens.

When do you get the 3rd character in the game?
 
ah crap. im about to do my first heist and i hired a shitty hacker. lol, see what happens.

When do you get the 3rd character in the game?

im not sure i havent gotten him yet either.

its good to go with the shitty ones if you ask me. they get like 25% + to their skills if they succeed and their cut always is the same. so more money in the long run!
 
I'm stuck with 3 characters right now, still can't figure out how to progress the main storyline from the Shipyard.



*Edit*

Well shit...I just figured it out.


You have to have Michael, Franklin, and Trevor all at the shipyard at the same time...and, the sub isn't actually in the water yet, you have to board the ship and hit a button to drop it into the water. I brought Michael there first, then Franklin...they spoke for a minute then when I brought Trevor, it prompted me to drop the sub into the water from the ship. Trevor still had the suppressed handgun from earlier so I used it to kill a worker on the ship that spotted me. No cops or anything, you just have to jump off the ship, climb aboard the sub, and use triangle to enter it and bring it to the drop-off point.
 
Last edited:
careful with the spoilers yall!

i did the first heist, and did pretty well. i hired a shitty crew member though and paid for it ;/

Yeah, but the shitty crew members level up, and their cut percentage stays the same. You might be investing for the future!

Damn the heist was fun.
 
hehe look at my post above :p

Who cares what you think? You're just a slut.

But for real, I've been like taking 20 minute sight-seeing tours after every mission, so I'm basically on like the 6th mission overall, or something like that. Might take me a while to finish this...hah.

My favorite out of the few I did so far was:

when you grab the yellow car from Michaels home, and then on the way back to the dealership, it slowly zooms in and Michael is back there with a 9mm. I thought the zoom function was broken!
 
im not sure i havent gotten him yet either.

its good to go with the shitty ones if you ask me. they get like 25% + to their skills if they succeed and their cut always is the same. so more money in the long run!

yeah, i'll start to use the crappier dudes but it'll be worth it in the long run.
 
yeah, i'll start to use the crappier dudes but it'll be worth it in the long run.

they wont get experience buffs though if they fail. which is unfortunate. worth the gamble imo

my suggestion is rotate the shitty people. once the hacker is maxed ill start using a shitty driver etc
 
they wont get experience buffs though if they fail. which is unfortunate. worth the gamble imo

my suggestion is rotate the shitty people. once the hacker is maxed ill start using a shitty driver etc

You should replace yourself, you're just a detriment to the job. :cool:
 
you need to work on your insults as well as your leveling skills.

level 20 archer lookin ass

sadtrick.gif
 
I've had about 1 or 2 bugs. 1 Trevor got stuck doing nothing(reminded me of my modded GTA 4 the one time where the scripts just didn't activate for certain missions) and another one was when I blew up a cop and it showed it, the camera never went back to my car.
 
I have yet to have any problems. Most of my game time has been in the over 3 hour mark also. Game plays smooth as butter. Thinking of making a movie of driving the Bugatti fulling loaded to show how well the game plays at full speed.
To a couple people playing the PS3 version having an issue, did get the digital download? Since it is all one file that might be the problem. I am using the install on HDD and USB so it has the dual bandwidth fix. Since the digital download is one file, maybe that why the problem is happening.
 
I've been sidetracked too much by the side activities. They really went full tilt on the details.

Anyone successfully steal a 747 yet? I keep trying but either the police knock the wings off or they're parked at an impossible-for-wingspan gate. Funtimes though.
 
I picked up a hard copy for my PS3 and so far I'm impressed. Smooth game play and surprisingly good visuals. Easily the best GTA yet. It lives up to the hype.
 
I've been sidetracked too much by the side activities. They really went full tilt on the details.

Anyone successfully steal a 747 yet? I keep trying but either the police knock the wings off or they're parked at an impossible-for-wingspan gate. Funtimes though.

I'm pretty sure if you buy a hangar you can just get one without the police bitching. I wanna try to get that huge plane in the military base...but I'm pretty sure that is impossible as of now without using some sort of bug.
 
I'm pretty sure if you buy a hangar you can just get one without the police bitching. I wanna try to get that huge plane in the military base...but I'm pretty sure that is impossible as of now without using some sort of bug.

The only airport I own is Trevor's, but the only aircraft I've flown so far are the ones that were required for missions.
 
Last edited:
Im hell bent on stealing the fighter jet today, it will happen

I haven't tried that yet, I'm doing the "Big Heist" they've been talking about nearly the entire game. I can fly choppers good, but I suck with the planes for some reason...I guess because there's no way to just stop and hover, you're continuously moving or your dick hits the dirt...lmfao.
 
Planes would have been 100x better if they actually used a throttle mechanic instead of requiring you to go full on "hold the trigger" to go.

It should be like "tap" the right trigger for throttle up, hold for full throttle, tap left trigger for throttle down, hold for full off.

That way you can set the speed of the plane and then free up your hands to focus on actually flying it.
 
See I can fly the plane no problem but the helicopter I'm horrible at. I'm about 45% done right now, I haven't been rushing thru it
 
Planes would have been 100x better if they actually used a throttle mechanic instead of requiring you to go full on "hold the trigger" to go.

It should be like "tap" the right trigger for throttle up, hold for full throttle, tap left trigger for throttle down, hold for full off.

That way you can set the speed of the plane and then free up your hands to focus on actually flying it.

I was wondering that myself...I hold R2 while flying, but I'm not sure if you actually have to. I've let go of it and haven't noticed the plane slow down any, so I was under the impression you have to tap L2 to slow it down, you don't actually have to hold either of them but I could be wrong on that.

See I can fly the plane no problem but the helicopter I'm horrible at. I'm about 45% done right now, I haven't been rushing thru it

I'm just the opposite, I can fly choppers pretty good, but planes...what a bitch...lmfao.
 
Last edited:
Yeah for me (on the 360) if i don't hold the right trigger the plane will slow down/engine turn off.

I am best with planes though still.

The problem I have with Heli's is just how damn awkward it is to keep it steady.

No matter what I do I can't seem to keep it still, it's always rocking/tilting, etc.

Then it just feels "wrong" to have to turn with the bumper buttons and your hand gets into this cramped ass position that's awkward to hold
 
Anyone ever have the walls disappear? It's happened to me a few times now on PS3.
It is a special PS3 feature. That is why I got the X360 version but it faces an issue of cinematic framerates... (read sub 30 fps whilst driving).
 
Yeah for me (on the 360) if i don't hold the right trigger the plane will slow down/engine turn off.

I am best with planes though still.

The problem I have with Heli's is just how damn awkward it is to keep it steady.

No matter what I do I can't seem to keep it still, it's always rocking/tilting, etc.

Then it just feels "wrong" to have to turn with the bumper buttons and your hand gets into this cramped ass position that's awkward to hold

Yeah, I keep my two middle fingers on descend/ascend, and two index fingers on the left and right rudders. It's kind of awkward but like you, the hardest part is when it starts rocking you can barely get the damn thing still again. What I do is leave left/right completely alone unless I absolutely have to that way it doesn't all go to hell...lmao
 
Yeah for me (on the 360) if i don't hold the right trigger the plane will slow down/engine turn off.

I am best with planes though still.

The problem I have with Heli's is just how damn awkward it is to keep it steady.

No matter what I do I can't seem to keep it still, it's always rocking/tilting, etc.

Then it just feels "wrong" to have to turn with the bumper buttons and your hand gets into this cramped ass position that's awkward to hold

With me, I kept holding down the Left trigger, thinking it was the accelarator, and wondering why the engine kept shutting down. I don't seem to have to hold the Right Trigger for it to remain in the air, though.
 
With me, I kept holding down the Left trigger, thinking it was the accelarator, and wondering why the engine kept shutting down. I don't seem to have to hold the Right Trigger for it to remain in the air, though.

Yeah, I think it will stay at whatever throttle you set it at...but I'm still in the habit of holding it down like a car accelerator.
 
Yeah for me (on the 360) if i don't hold the right trigger the plane will slow down/engine turn off.

I am best with planes though still.

The problem I have with Heli's is just how damn awkward it is to keep it steady.

No matter what I do I can't seem to keep it still, it's always rocking/tilting, etc.

Then it just feels "wrong" to have to turn with the bumper buttons and your hand gets into this cramped ass position that's awkward to hold

The gyration/rocking of the helicopter is annoying to all hell. I want to say it's a bug - maybe the turbulence is too high for the choppers? I find the planes on the other hand extremely easy, especially since they're all STOL types apparently ...
 
The gyration/rocking of the helicopter is annoying to all hell. I want to say it's a bug - maybe the turbulence is too high for the choppers? I find the planes on the other hand extremely easy, especially since they're all STOL types apparently ...

I noticed this too, I just can't seem to keep the choppers smooth and steady, they're all over the fucking place as soon as you go up a bit.
 
Yeah, the choppers aggravate the shit out of me sometimes. The main problem I have is I'll be really close trying to pick up or drop some cargo, but I need to move over maybe 5 feet so I bump the left/right to adjust, and all of a sudden I'm going into panic mode trying not to crash...lmfao.

The planes seem to be really easy while flying, but I have a bitch of a time trying to land them because like the choppers, when I try to just move over 5 feet to line up with the runways, all of a sudden I'm crooked as all hell and I have to circle around and try again.
 
Just finished the main storyline. You have 3 different endings to choose from, I just went with the one I thought was best...I'm satisfied with my choice. I am curious to see how the other 2 endings are though.
 
Just finished the main storyline. You have 3 different endings to choose from, I just went with the one I thought was best...I'm satisfied with my choice. I am curious to see how the other 2 endings are though.

save right before the choice. play all 3.
 
Back
Top